Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude (583 Views)

Another Protest Rocks Kano Over High Cost Of Living (Video) / Olugbenga Olaoye: We Cannot Afford Another Sick President / Man Cooking, Bathing & Sleeping On The Street In Protest Of 2019 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by annyplenty(m): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2020
I personally believe that the impact of another endsars protest or other protests of that magnitude happening too soon in Nigeria will be too grievous for the nation to bear and all parties (government, youths, masses) must pray, act, negotiate, educate to avert any recurrence of such Protests.

It has become three different occasions now, after the protest, that I have dreamt of the ENDSARS Protests coming back to Nigeria.

On the third occasion of the dream, I saw Security forces of the government going from house to house to forcefully arrest the ENDSARS Protests leaders.

And the forceful arrest and persecution of the leaders of the Protests by the Security forces of the government eventually triggered another Protests much bigger than the first ENDSARS Protests.

I saw the back of multitude of Youths marching in a protest procession. Then a voice said 'this one will shut down Nigeria'

Let us even isolate the dream and analyse situations on ground. I personally think, based on the followings, that we cannot afford such protest again.

-1. Corona virus sent our economy to coma. Endsars protest took the remaining life of it and plunged us into the biggest recession since 1987. Definitely, another protest will shut the nation down, economically, morally, politically and otherwise .

-2. Our Police force was badly intimidated during the protest. As a result, Now, okada riders have gotten enough boldness to resist policemen.

Many policemen became victims during the protest. Many police stations were burnt. A report puts the number of police stations burnt at 27. I don't know if that figure is for Lagos, alone. Thus, I don't think Police will be able to handle another protest of that magnitude, if one should happen too soon.

-3. Government and army are already bickering over incidences of the last protest. It is not likely, army will be willing to answer government, should government call on them, in case, there is another big Protests, in the nearest future

-4. Hoodlums have gained access to some guns from the burnt police stations. That will put many lives at risk.

-5. The discovered palliatives have made the masses to see the government as not having their interest at heart. Masses may become adamant in listening to government persuasions.

-6. A new negative trend of massive looting of both public and private properties and businesses have been discovered. Many may just want to capitalise on that to loot.

-7. It may trigger ethnic clashes in few areas.

-8. International community may hijack it for selfish reasons.

In view of these, I think we should still be praying, orientating, negotiating, educating and take all actions that will not plunge the nation into chaos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by capitalzero: 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
You are very correct.

I see Nigeria on fire-majek fashek
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by Akanbiedu(m): 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2020
True
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by SoBright101: 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
The masses have been suffering right from time, a man who can't afford a square meal won't mind if the country is on fire. Aftermath of the endsars, did you see any sign of government commitment towards good governance which was the objective of the protest? I think you should divert your energy towards advocating for good governance.

Your post is more like "reverse psychology"

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by annyplenty(m): 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2020
SoBright101:
The masses have been suffering right from time, a man who can't afford a square meal won't mind if the country is on fire. Aftermath of the endsars, did you see any sign of government commitment towards good governance which was the objective of the protest? I think you should divert your energy towards advocating for good governance.

Your post is more like "reverse psychology"

What do you mean by reverse psycholog
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by annyplenty(m): 10:10am On Nov 25, 2020
capitalzero:
You are very correct.

I see Nigeria on fire-majek fashek

Just yesterday, okada riders burnt a police station at Ibadan.
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by annyplenty(m): 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2020
Pray for Nigeria
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by Valkrie: 1:24pm On Dec 07, 2020
annyplenty:
Pray for Nigeria

Pray for which Nigeria? if I have any prayers..I would save it for myself, my family and well wishers...!!
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2020
annyplenty:
Pray for Nigeria
Bleep you and your prayers..
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by annyplenty(m): 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
Valkrie:

Pray for which Nigeria? if I have any prayers..I would save it for myself, my family and well wishers...!!

If you are in Nigeria, your well being still has to do with Nigeria
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2020
lalasticlacla, mynd44 please move to front page.
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by ozento: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2020
we ve not yet recoverd from the last one.
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by Nwadiuto247: 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2020
annyplenty:
I personally believe that the impact of another endsars protest or other protests of that magnitude happening too soon in Nigeria will be too grievous for the nation to bear and all parties (government, youths, masses) must pray, act, negotiate, educate to avert any recurrence of such Protests.

It has become three different occasions now, after the protest, that I have dreamt of the ENDSARS Protests coming back to Nigeria.

On the third occasion of the dream, I saw Security forces of the government going from house to house to forcefully arrest the ENDSARS Protests leaders.

And the forceful arrest and persecution of the leaders of the Protests by the Security forces of the government eventually triggered another Protests much bigger than the first ENDSARS Protests.

I saw the back of multitude of Youths marching in a protest procession. Then a voice said 'this one will shut down Nigeria'

Let us even isolate the dream and analyse situations on ground. I personally think, based on the followings, that we cannot afford such protest again.

-1. Corona virus sent our economy to coma. Endsars protest took the remaining life of it and plunged us into the biggest recession since 1987. Definitely, another protest will shut the nation down, economically, morally, politically and otherwise .

-2. Our Police force was badly intimidated during the protest. As a result, Now, okada riders have gotten enough boldness to resist policemen.

Many policemen became victims during the protest. Many police stations were burnt. A report puts the number of police stations burnt at 27. I don't know if that figure is for Lagos, alone. Thus, I don't think Police will be able to handle another protest of that magnitude, if one should happen too soon.

-3. Government and army are already bickering over incidences of the last protest. It is not likely, army will be willing to answer government, should government call on them, in case, there is another big Protests, in the nearest future

-4. Hoodlums have gained access to some guns from the burnt police stations. That will put many lives at risk.

-5. The discovered palliatives have made the masses to see the government as not having their interest at heart. Masses may become adamant in listening to government persuasions.

-6. A new negative trend of massive looting of both public and private properties and businesses have been discovered. Many may just want to capitalise on that to loot.

-7. It may trigger ethnic clashes in few areas.

-8. International community may hijack it for selfish reasons.

In view of these, I think we should still be praying, orientating, negotiating, educating and take all actions that will not plunge the nation into chaos.

Your points are valid
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by annyplenty(m): 1:52pm On Dec 07, 2020
Nwadiuto247:

Your points are valid

Thank you. Let us say a word of Prayer for the nation.
Re: Why Nigeria May Not Be Able To Afford Another Protest Of #endsars Magnitude by annyplenty(m): 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2021
Let us rise up and pray. Any big magnitude protest again will shut Nigeria down

(1) (Reply)

Twitter User Who Was Against Aisha Yesufu During Endsars Protest Now beg Support / What Happened To This Agreement Between Tinubu & Buhari. / Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.