Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Was The Zoning Of Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria Done Using Cardinal Points? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was The Zoning Of Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria Done Using Cardinal Points? (661 Views)

Reported Killings In Nigeria: Breakdown Of Affected States, Geopolitical Zones / Buhari, Sultan, Monarchs From 6 Geopolitical Zones Meet In Aso Rock / The Total Number Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was The Zoning Of Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria Done Using Cardinal Points? by lecoeur(m): 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nigerian map and its Zoning system.
Which System was used in Zoning Nigeria because this Southeast Zone still baffles me honestly, how did General Sani Abacha Zone the country?
How is that Tiny red piece on this map Southeast? Was Cardinal points used in Zoning the country?
Pls if there's more to this I need explanations to Enlighten me.

Re: Was The Zoning Of Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria Done Using Cardinal Points? by vanbonattel: 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
No, it was zoned using oil politics as criteria. grin

1 Like

Re: Was The Zoning Of Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria Done Using Cardinal Points? by survivor10(m): 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2020
lecoeur:
Nigerian map and its Zoning system.
Which System was used in Zoning Nigeria because this Southeast Zone still baffles me honestly, how did General Sani Abacha Zone the country?
How is that Tiny red piece on this map Southeast? Was Cardinal points used in Zoning the country?
Pls if there's more to this I need explanations to Enlighten me.

Carefully dissected areas with visible oil out of Igboland, changed names of towns and named them Niger Delta. Alu melu!

1 Like

Re: Was The Zoning Of Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria Done Using Cardinal Points? by lecoeur(m): 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
survivor10:

Carefully dissected areas with visible oil out of Igboland, changed names of towns and named them Niger Delta. Alu melu!

If this is true then I don't think some parts of the already available Igbo lands would still be in Southeast.
I watched Dele Momodu's interview with IPOB leader and IPOB leader said some of these things.
Re: Was The Zoning Of Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria Done Using Cardinal Points? by lecoeur(m): 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2020
vanbonattel:
No, it was zoned using oil politics as criteria. grin
Oil politics? Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Was The Zoning Of Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria Done Using Cardinal Points? by AwkaFinest: 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2020
Another ipoo wailing.....

Re: Was The Zoning Of Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria Done Using Cardinal Points? by orisa37: 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
THE ZONING WE HAVE NOW IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

WE WANT A NATURAL ZONING INTO THREE ZONES BY THE RIVERS NIGER(EUPHRATES) AND BENUE(TIGRIS).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Criminals Want To Use New #ENDSARS Protest For Christmas Looting - Group Cries O / Getting an NIN identity number as a foreigner, does that make me a Nigerian. / After Alot Of Motorcycles Have Been Impounded, Look At What Ortom Has To Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.