Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila (29171 Views)

Pictures From Gbajabiamila's Constituency Meeting In Surulere / Abba Kyari Demands ₦500 Million Against NDLEA Over 'Unlawful Detention' / Olatoye Sugar’s Family Demands N200m From UCH Ibadan For Releasing His Dying Pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Magmata: 7:02am On Nov 25, 2020
There is just a little difference between demanding money from a 'killer' as a form of 'whatever'... and exchanging a living person for money.

The only ransom for killing someone is either killing the killer or total forgiveness. And, of course, the former option has no healing effect of any quantity.

It's very pathetic that man has been reduced to mere commodity, he thinks money is the standard value for all things, his love for money has eaten up his reasoning.

If you know how invaluable you are (even as the poorest of the poor), you'll know how degrading it is to have money has a form of compensation or reward.

Dangote's money cannot save him from drowning but a timely intervention of a poor but good swimmer will do.

I'm not against giving money as a form of gesture but it should remain where it belongs; an ordinary piece of paper mistaken for something else.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by munstaqq: 7:02am On Nov 25, 2020
basty:
I don't understand people, is it Gbajabiamila that that killed the man? It is now a sin he visited the family? God have mercy.

What do you expect from Igbo people with their get rich overnight mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by mobileboy: 7:02am On Nov 25, 2020
complexBoss12:

I had to consult my dictionary to see if there is a new meaning to magnanimity. For you eh, when your security operative kills a man, while on duty, howbeit unjustly, and you reach out to the family, then you are being generous abi??
that's slave mentality bro!! its a responsibility/an obligation, not a favour.

Even when plane crash happens, the airline pays victims families huge sums of money. It's not out of order to ask for money from him, because the security man is his responsibility and there is no other way he can compensate them. abi he give them another son and father??

I will ignore your second paragraph, because if I want to address it, I go chop ban. Nonsense and gbajabiamila!

The security man is not is his responsibility, the security man is the responsibility of Nigerian Police Force, Gbajabiamila didn't employ the police man NPF did and are responsible for their staff

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Cantonese: 7:02am On Nov 25, 2020
complexBoss12:

Definitely mks sense to me, I get your position. But I w'll say this, in saner climes you don't request for money bc the person knows what to do, but in Nigeria, Gbajabiamila will play to gallary and leave the family with nothing.
secondly is there any other compensation you can suggest but money?? the deceased is a bread winner, so the people he cares for will need to eat, shelter, school, clothes etc.

People like you need to be on this forum rubbing minds with decent people and not some youths who use this forum as an avenue to show how their school fees were wasted.

Just like you commented, Gbajabiamila very likely would have played to the gallery as is the traditional character of our politicians. How would he ever pay the school fees of the children for life. He could get tired someday or even make himself inaccessible to the family as some point.

Already justice is served as the culprit was arrested and would be charged to court for murder. Do not forget the mood of the nation presently regarding the police.

You may wonder what happened to the results of inquiries made in too many cases like this. In Nigeria, the moment that tension easies, the matter is consigned to the dustbin of history.

"Strike the iron while it is hot". These is no better time than now for that family to make their demands. Did you see Gbajabiamila carrying the man's new born baby?

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Openbusiness: 7:04am On Nov 25, 2020
Cantonese:

Are you a lawyer? Do you know more than Mike Ozekhome their lawyer? Why not sit down comfortably in your house and watch the turn out of events?

And by the way whoever told you that because they sued for 500m they'll get compensated with that sum? And how do you know that Gbajabiamila will vacate his earlier promise (as the speaker)? Do you know if the matter will be settled out of court?
Mike is a propaganda lawyer that thrives on defending corrupt crooks in Government and also exploiting govt loopholes for personal gain. Doesn't matter if the case is settled out of court or settled in Court, what I'm telling you is that there is no case against the Speaker, the case is against the officer that shot the victim and the NPF / FG. To make it a case against Gbajabiamila in personal capacity means the case lacks merit and is DOA. Mike is just chasing political clout as usual.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by complexBoss12: 7:05am On Nov 25, 2020
Cantonese:

People like you need to be on this forum rubbing minds with decent people and not some youths who use this forum as an avenue to show how their school fees were wasted.

Just like you commented, Gbajabiamila very likely would have played to the gallery as is the traditional character of our politicians. How would he ever pay the school fees of the children for life. He could get tired someday or even make himself inaccessible to the family as some point.

Already justice is served as the culprit was arrested and would be charged to court for murder. Do not forget the mood of the nation presently regarding the police.

You may wonder what happened to the results of inquiries made in too many cases like this. In Nigeria, the moment that tension easies, the matter is consigned to the dustbin of history.

"Strike the iron while it is hot". These is no better time than now for that family to make their demands. Did you see Gbajabiamila carrying the man's new born baby?

I can't agree less. thanks for your kind words.
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by therajah: 7:06am On Nov 25, 2020
500M!!! Whats the difference between the family and SARS?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by friday2011(m): 7:07am On Nov 25, 2020
Which kain wahala be this... Na Gbajabiamila kill the man, sharp sharp mike ozekhome don become lawyer to the family, thief, barawo, ole... The family no get sense for demanding such an outrageous amount from the lawmaker...

Shame on people who seize opportunities to take pple for granted... If Gbajabiamila give the family 20m seff, he try... Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by talktrue1234: 7:07am On Nov 25, 2020
500m
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Muna4real(f): 7:09am On Nov 25, 2020
membranus:
If I am Gbajabiamila I will not answer the
family's fake demand letter orchestrated by Ozekhome.

I will ask them to go and sue DSS and not me. Because it is not the Speaker that ordered DSS to shoot the vendor. I will let the case runs its course through the Nigeria court processes.

Though the incident is tragic and traumatic for the vendor's family, but threatening through a court suit is not the best action to take.

This will now move public sympathy away from them, as the family (and invariably all Ibo people) will now be termed opportunists and money mongers.

We have already been called that and even worse. It's not new. The most important thing is that we don't care .
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Rareoil(m): 7:09am On Nov 25, 2020
Zenithpeak:
Lawyers playing their usual senseless old tricks....

Gbajabiamila should just absolve himself of any complicity as regards this case and allow the deceased's family and their greedy lawyers to continue their case with the trigger happy security detail and probably cash out their proposed #500m from the defendant.

The law is very clear..... Only the person that committed a crime will be brought to book and it is obvious his action was not on his principal's order and devoid of any culpability.

If the family continue with this shameless approach... They will lose the case and whatever benefits that was promised on the ground of being magnanimous.

Stop disgracing yourself and find out what VICARIOUS LIABILITY means.
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Rareoil(m): 7:10am On Nov 25, 2020
LUGBE:
Which law are you quoting, ITK. If you dont know you ask.
What happen to vicarious liability then.

No mind the mad man.
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by millionboi2: 7:11am On Nov 25, 2020
basty:
I don't understand people, is it Gbajabiamila that that killed the man? It is now a sin he visited the family? God have mercy.
is it you?
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by laidima88(m): 7:11am On Nov 25, 2020
even if the the newspaper man is alive can he make 500 million before his death, I'm sure the speaker will want to compensate them though it might not be up that amount but if I'm the one with this their attitude I won't give any Kobo, the should sue the security aid the pull the trigger.h
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Danny442: 7:13am On Nov 25, 2020
Attit:
It is a pity most people do not know their rights in Nigeria. Ordinary 500million naira and people sre saying the family is greedy. Lol. They have not even asked enough. Just imagine the comments up here. You can see that most Nigerian are under bondage,.yet they do not know. If Gbajamila himself is shot dead, how much will his family ask? So,.going to see the family of the deceased is an act of kindness. Chai! Nigerians have being turned to zombies. What a pity.
odinary 500m ppl are talking,if I say make I kill any of them give thier family 1billion den no go gree

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Rareoil(m): 7:13am On Nov 25, 2020
Fantacy4:
nawa o as if they were expecting thre son to be shot that day sef, IGBOAMAKA i see the hand of IPOB in these matter, since the shotter is a janjawid fulani.

Mr. Tribalism SHUT UP!

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by MartinsD12(m): 7:13am On Nov 25, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

https://punchng.com/family-demands-n500m-from-gbajabiamila-over-vendors-death/?amp=1&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true
Time to cash out big time, I support them, that you are a politician does not mean your security aid should go about shooting anyhow even their drivers have sent so many Nigerians to their early grave with their reckless driving.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by YorubaMod(m): 7:14am On Nov 25, 2020
DragonFire442:
Family people want to use this case to hammer.

RIP TO THE DEAD
You be big fool

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by musty16: 7:17am On Nov 25, 2020
Kekereekun123:
lawyers take up certain cases for free and will collect a percentage of the settlement. Thats how its done worldwide. Mr mike is also a pdp lawyer and wants to knock apc
hahaaaaaaa nawao for 9ja politicians
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by kennyflames(m): 7:21am On Nov 25, 2020
Kennyfancy:
Cash out
Usain bolt
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by laidima88(m): 7:21am On Nov 25, 2020
even if the the newspaper man is alive can he make 500 million before his death, I'm sure the speaker will want to compensate them though it might not be up that amount but if I'm the one with this their attitude I won't give any Kobo, the should sue the security aid the pull the trigger.
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by laidima88(m): 7:22am On Nov 25, 2020
??
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 25, 2020
Akanbiedu:

This is not about money per se.

Some of these our people don't really understand these people. They will learn by force. Gbaja thinks by visiting the family, they will now view him as a good person. LOL.

Indeed. Gbaja graciously and humbly tried to engage with them but they have now made him the enemy to threaten legal action if their demands are not met in 7 days.

You would think Gjajabiamila personally and deliberately shot their son and is acting arrogantly the way the family has responsed instead of how we actually saw the speaker behave very resonably and humanely over the sad development.

The whole thing is tragic considering the dead man is someone the speaker liked and who appeared to like the approachable Gbajabiamila also.
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by ProT: 7:28am On Nov 25, 2020
Way to go!

They should have added just one more zero to make it 5billion; money cannot replace their son.
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 25, 2020
laidima88:
even if the the newspaper man is alive can he make 500 million before his death, I'm sure the speaker will want to compensate them though it might not be up that amount but if I'm the one with this their attitude I won't give any Kobo, the should sue the security aid the pull the trigger.

Indeed and Gbaja would be justified taking this attitude considering he had reached out a hand of conciliation to the famiky of the victim over a regrettable occurence he did not cause.

Not a lawyer but I know for sure Gbaja is not criminally liable for the action of a security personnel attached to his office by the DSS.

Civil liability is a grey area altogether but commonses would indicate that the DSS should be the parastal a civil suit should be lodged against. Anyway the obvious hostility of the family, with legal threat attached, is something that is uncalled for.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 25, 2020
ProT:
Way to go!

They should have added just one more zero to make it 5billion; money cannot replace their son.

Most likely they will have to fight DSS in civil court for whatever fortune they are chasing.

The law should not allow blackmail of the Speaker, over a situation he is not responsible for, merely because he is a well-off and prominent Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by ProT: 7:34am On Nov 25, 2020
laidima88:

Ya, if he were alive he wouldn't make 500million, but that is because Gbajabiamila and friends in government are sitting on the destiny of the masses with their useless, self-serving and poverty-spreading policies.
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by ProT: 7:39am On Nov 25, 2020
OneTemplate:

Indeed and Gbaja would be justified taking this attitude considering he had reached out a hand of conciliation to the famiky of the victim over a regrettable occurence he did not cause.

Not a lawyer but I know for sure Gbaja is not criminally liable for the action of a security personnel attached to his office by the DSS.

Civil liability is a grey area altogether but commonses would indicate that the DSS should be the parastal a civil suit should be lodged against. Anyway the obvious hostility of the family, with legal threat attached, is something that is uncalled for.

What is ur problem?
Is the 500million your own?

Gbajabiamila is a politician who has taken enough from the spciety; 500million is a "chicken change" to these greedy, self-serving politicians.
It is not like the family of the deceased is asking for a "pound of flesh."

Gbajabiamila should pay up jarey; it is our money!
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Soulsymbol99: 7:40am On Nov 25, 2020
They wan cash out grin
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by nedu2000(m): 7:41am On Nov 25, 2020
Alxmyr:
Hmmm. If the father of the deceased can afford the service of Mike Ozekhome, what was the son doing selling newspapers on the streets then?
they can't afford Ozekhome,the lawyer would've offer his services for free but he gets a share of the money if it lands.
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by dotun4real: 7:42am On Nov 25, 2020
Am not understanding,is this not a case of being wrongly advised?Mike just wanted to take undue advantage of the situation,

I heard it clearly when the speaker said he has engaged his lawyer to creat a trust fund to finance the 2 children from now till they clock 21 years including the one week old baby so what is this N500million.

It is well o
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by ProT: 7:45am On Nov 25, 2020
OneTemplate:

Most likely they will have to fight DSS in civil court for whatever fortune they are chasing.

The law should not allow blackmail of the Speaker, over a situation he is not responsible for, merely because he is a well-off and prominent Nigerian.

The speaker's aide killed a family's breadwinner; it is high time these politicians started being held responsible for the acts of their useless aides who have no respect for the lives of humans; that way, the politicians would rein in their security aides to be responsible.

It is the vendor today, it might be ur turn tomorrow; unless you think 500million is worth more than ur life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Obama Anthony And Marisa Noipitak Arrested For Meth Trafficking In Thailand / Hardship: NLC, TUC Issue 14-day Nationwide Strike Notice To FG / Arms Scandal: Jonathan’s Govt Spent Billions, Abused Trust – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.