Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Two Job Offers: I'm Confused - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Two Job Offers: I'm Confused (23982 Views)

Two Job Appointment Letters, Which One Can He Go For? / I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by wisdomkid: 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2020
duduade:

When you were chasing the two
Did u tell us

When you were offered the two
Did u tell us

When you accepted the two
Did you tell us

You have been making your decisions, so continue to do them abeg. You know what you want. So stop seeking validation here

Modified

...I am here laughing in Spanish.. Kee yaselves..

To all those who quoted me and said I was being childish.. I am sure most of you have gone to the OP DM to plead with her to link you all up.. I perfectly do understand and that's not a bad thing.

What I was emphasizing indirectly on my initial post was being GREEDY for holding on to two job offers... There are many people looking for jobs out there.. At least one more random person somewhere would have been happy having that second job. You should have worked hard to get to were you are, I commend you but remember this life doesn't revolve around you.

I will repeat it again to the OP.. You had being make your decisions yourself LONG before now. You don't need to come here to seek validation.. Do what you suits you...

#shallom

Hope the 2k in your account is shared now. Someone will be happy to have the half of it. If you've not shared it yet. Stop the judgment. Nigerians are so self-centered and wicked. Another persons progress is now stopping the shine of 199 million persons.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Aguogba(m): 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nobody can advise you without knowing what u mean by "big" and small "organisations". more info needed. E.g BIG= Multinational, Federal MDA&Ps while small= State civil Service, Commercial bank, Microfinance (Esusu) cash point. grin
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by tosinhtml: 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2020
cescky:

Stress is a silent killer.. Survival in naija even on a fat salary is stressful..

My take resign from the wahala company snd and take up the second one.. Even though one man company is normally more stressful than structured big companies... But its better you go there and see as it, especially as its the same salaries.. No matter how things span in the second company.. You know you tasted both.. The big company is your father's property so, its not like you wont be sacked or seek better work esle where in future.. One major thing is DO NOT BE AFRAID.. it takes risks to reap rewards take the other offer. Another thing is id two of the companies. Offered you the job.. You're very good at least on paper..

Hmm wahala dey for small company oh

As a lady, one man company is highly not an option. Sexual harassment and so many nonsense in one man company. In a big company you can report your boss to his/her own bosses if you feel he/she has been taking advantage of you.

In a one man company, when your salary is paid, you are expected to kneel and say thank you sir/ma to your boss for doing you a favour by paying your salaries. Something you worked for.

One man companies can also owe salaries, big companies will never. Instead they will declare bankruptcy.

Even if you get fired in a big company, all earned benefits up to the time of dismissal must be payed to the employee. Small companies no send you, na anyhow belle face.

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Dollanaira: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
really
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by wacoj(m): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2020
echelonfashion:
Choose wisely.
Just like a marriage scenario:

A lady wants to be a professional singer in yrs time.

She's in a relationship with Michael Jackson and Mike Tyson.

If she agreed to marry Michael Jackson, her musical career is a Goal. But Tyson is wired differently.

A word is enough...

Listen to this fellow.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by profstar(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
@op below is your best advice o

Most small companies work load are usually more than big companies, and even job security risk can be higher

I will suggest you asked questions from the staff of the small company either you go there or connect them on LinkedIn, they may give you hints. If they are unwilling to talk about their experience then that alone is a red light

Either way, the decision is yours, don't regret even if your final decision seems wrong at the end of the day. That is what learning is all about

ILoveDemMANNA:

First @the bolded, you never knew the workload of first job will be so stressful before you started,
So why are you so sure that the second job won't be so stressful also,
Cos I believe workload in a smaller organizations could be even more stressful than big companies.
If you think you can grow as you go on the first job, and build your career, please keep working there and keep the job.
But at the end of it all, the final decision is up to you.
All the best Blessyn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by WoundedLamb: 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
duduade:

Did u tell us

Did u tell us

Did you tell us

You have been making your decisions, so continue to do them abeg. You know what you want.

Lol... Nigerian forums though. Y'all never disappoint. So youngsters asking for advice on their career journey are just seeking validation? What's with the "did you tell us"? Even if she had told when she was chasing the two jobs, wouldn't you ask if she told you when she was studying the course? So where do you intend on draw the "telling" line? It's OK if you don't have an answer to her question but you didn't need to undermine the question or make it look as if it's not valid. The big company vs small company confusion is a common one for freshers and the least you could do was to walk away if you didn't have anything to say instead of attempting to shut her down or dismiss her question.

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by GOOOGLE504(m): 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2020
echelonfashion:
Choose wisely.
Just like a marriage scenario:

A lady wants to be a professional singer in yrs time.

She's in a relationship with Michael Jackson and Mike Tyson.

If she agreed to marry Michael Jackson, her musical career is a Goal. But Tyson is wired differently.

A word is enough...

You just succeeded in confusing poor OP more.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Essence1900: 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2020
The bigger organisation ofcourse because of more headroom. The stress? There is dignity in labour.

Why do I have the feeling that you might be subtly conducting an online survey for job placement??
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by FabCherish(m): 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:
So I got two Job offers within one month, with a big and smaller organization but both salaries are the same.

I accepted both but started with the bigger organization, and in less than two weeks am almost breaking down from stress. The workloads and deadlines are unbearable though you will grow career wise.

Now the offer for the smaller organization is still open and am tempted to resign from this one because of the workload and take up the less stressful job.

Please I need urgent answers so I don't make any huge career mistake. Thank you my fellow nairalanders

Pray about it for God's direction
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by 99thEnemy(m): 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
duduade:

Did u tell us

Did u tell us

Did you tell us

You have been making your decisions, so continue to do them abeg. You know what you want. So stop seeking validation here

Modified

...I am here laughing in Spanish.. Kee yaselves..

To all those who quoted me and said I was being childish.. I am sure most of you have gone to the OP DM to plead with her to link you all up.. I perfectly do understand and that's not a bad thing.

What I was emphasizing indirectly on my initial post was being GREEDY for holding on to two job offers... There are many people looking for jobs out there.. At least one more random person somewhere would have been happy having that second job. You should have worked hard to get to were you are, I commend you but remember this life doesn't revolve around you.

I will repeat it again to the OP.. You had being make your decisions yourself LONG before now. You don't need to come here to seek validation.. Do what you suits you...

#shallom

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abundalakakaaaaaa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhdIXSsWCn0
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Robinson155(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
juniormod:

Baba make I drop my account as the first to quote me, you na millionaire already grin

Amen grin
If things click
I go remember you
So
With faith
Drop ham wink
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by mechanics(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
Just pray.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Grant94(m): 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2020
Follow your heart and choose wisely, nothing good comes easy.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by OBTOREPA(m): 5:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
pick the stressful one and do it diligently, because it can help you to do any type of job tomorrow (stress/light). You can also continue with both.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by teemy(m): 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:
So I got two Job offers within one month, with a big and smaller organization but both salaries are the same.

I accepted both but started with the bigger organization, and in less than two weeks am almost breaking down from stress. The workloads and deadlines are unbearable though you will grow career wise.

Now the offer for the smaller organization is still open and am tempted to resign from this one because of the workload and take up the less stressful job.

Please I need urgent answers so I don't make any huge career mistake. Thank you my fellow nairalanders

Which of the two has the potential to make more consistent profits over time and on the immediate period? Take that

Which of the two has a possibility of laying off staff due to the 'economic situation of the country'? Avoid that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by HRMK: 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:

UR NOT SAYING MUCH SO AS TO BE GIVEN THE BEST ADVICE!
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Obeenah(m): 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:

My advise if it's worth anything.

You got two jobs but considered going fir the Bigger firm due to the added advantage of a better career path and exposure.

The stress you currently feel is normal. You are stepping into a role with bigger challenges and better prospect. That doesnt come easy.

Do a self assessment of your strengths.

Can you improve over time and learn fast. If yes stay on the job. With time even the most tasking jobs become easy for anyone dedicated.

There might be need to learn some basic skills and processes that help make finishing tasks early.

My advise on that is to do the hard tasks early in the morning and prepare your report as you proceed.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by juniormod: 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
Robinson155:

Amen grin
If things click
I go remember you
So
With faith
Drop ham wink
Ah ah I talk am, I am chatting with a millionaire.
Please remember me when it clicks oo, my life seems to depend on this, na thunder go fire poverty for me grin
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by donPhill(m): 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:

I take beg beg you for beg sake, pls pick any one and give me the other one, am A Graduate with no work, no mullers for pocket, survival na problem.

I DM'ed you, pls respond
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by ImaIma1(f): 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:

Since you have said that there is an avenue for growth, I think you should stay there and gain experience. When it is time to move, you will be able to get a better job based on the experience gathered and the organisation you worked with.

Some of this small organisations are not worth it. They use people and cut corners with welfare, etc. My friend left a big organization for a smaller one. But in his own case, he was on contract with the big organization and there was no talk about making him a full staff.

He didn't work up to a month in the new place. He said he was being used and trampled upon.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Viruses: 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:

Just so you know so that it won't take you by surprise, the stress in the small company may be worse than that in the big company.

The grass always seem greener on the other side.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by juman(m): 12:35am On Nov 26, 2020
Pick the one you know your capacity can do.
Be careful, too much stress nowadays could lead to suicide.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Microwhy: 6:34am On Nov 26, 2020
Blessynene:

If you don't plan working forever, then stay with the big company. It will give you a edge when bidding for contract later in life ...
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by ayenale1(m): 9:39am On Nov 26, 2020
OYO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Online Typing Jobs Pay? / Skye Bank Recruitment / Delta State Youth Empowerment Programme January 2016 Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.