Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (55811 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlord/Lady Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by One4me: 1:04am On Nov 27, 2020
iLegendd:
As a landlord, I tell them never to flush condom through toilet.

This reminds me, l evacuated the Soakaway recently due to a blockage and in two of the Chambers (each flat has its own chamber), come and see the amount of Condom we saw there, for people who claim to be "avid Churchy people o"!
It was then l realised that all these Brother and Sisters na pretense.
I just issued them a 'Yellow Card', next time, l will bill you for the Cost of evacuation and repair, if you are not happy, just leave.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Hallabee1(m): 1:05am On Nov 27, 2020
tiffanyfan:

We all stay in darkness ni o... he said it's dangerous. Thank God I'm out of that house. Very wicked landlord

his not wicked, old landlord do that just to protect their property ignorantly

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Nanoport(m): 1:08am On Nov 27, 2020
BigDawsNet:
Noise Control
Control the aroma of African dishes
she be longer throat
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by One4me: 1:08am On Nov 27, 2020
Tony142:
If u want to have peace of mind Do NOT live in the same compound with your landlord/landlady
If your landlord is not living in his compound then u can live there
There are some landlord that have up to 4 different houses, but they cannot live in this 4 different houses at house, they can only live in 1, so as a sharp guy u can rent the ones that there is no landlord living therejavascript:void(0);

I love freedom, I have rules, if u most follow rules it should be the ones u created yourself cool

If you love freedom, you would have built your own house by now.
You cant control what you dont own.
Tenants like you are the types that want the free hand to behave anyhow and spoil your Landlords property, if you are a decent person, you wont mind living in the same house as your House owner afterall, your intention is not to spoil the place.
Always use a rented apartment, as if it is your own house, that way you wont have a problem with your House Owner
. undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Exodora: 1:15am On Nov 27, 2020
tiffanyfan:

We all stay in darkness ni o... he said it's dangerous. Thank God I'm out of that house. Very wicked landlord
I thank God that am quite but don't have that smiling face , no landlord dares try that shit with me cause I will so much frustrate the person with my troubles .
My face lone won't offer them the opportunity to say nonsense to my hearing .
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by posty56: 1:16am On Nov 27, 2020
sonnie10:

Lol. What I said was years ago when stock trading was somehow exclusive.
Now anybody can do it from the comfort of their home, online.
There are a few fintech platforms use in Nigeria.
senior Bros I have been hearing this stock since I was small but I no understand the process,u fit at least guide me?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Nameweb6: 1:19am On Nov 27, 2020
AceRoyal:

Drop your account details
Me too need help baba .
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by uBuNiT: 1:31am On Nov 27, 2020
Those days when I was Agbado, You must not take bath anything from 11pm. You must not sweep at night. And many more stup!d laws by the id!ot at Kuye st by Longe hospital Agbado powerline
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by PotatoSalad(m): 1:33am On Nov 27, 2020
Tissyjay:
Tenants don suffer ooo especially for Lagos

My landlady let out all the rooms and shops in her inherited one story building and decided to use wood to carve a room under the stair case to sleep OMG and this woman was on a very huge size, I wonder how she sleeps in that cubicle.

Lots of rules from that woman
Thank God we left already

Lmaooo grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by lipstick2(f): 2:03am On Nov 27, 2020
No Music
No loud prayer
No association with neighbours
Always have ur security light on at night
No too much occupants in a house

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Mrscarter(f): 2:21am On Nov 27, 2020
Earthstorms:
He pointed out his wife and pointed out his eldest daughter to me and warned me not to go after his wife and said I can go after his daughter.

A man giving you the go ahead to go after his daughter was strange to me.

grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Mrscarter(f): 2:28am On Nov 27, 2020
britiko:
Lol.

I was supposed to lease a room in a townhouse as a student.

Landlord says my bedsheets, duvet and window blinds must be color Red.

I never went back after inspection.

Hahaha weird guy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by madjune(m): 2:32am On Nov 27, 2020
I've had landlords and land ladies in the past, but one clearly stood out.

My landlady as a student while in Unical, late 90s.

From the onset, i interfaced with her through a middle man who helped me move in.
And, all the while i was made to understand she was blind and bedridden in a darkened room.

It was late after i had moved in that my neighbour called me aside and said the landlady complained that i always come back home empty handed, without bread for her.

Now, how she take see me?
I kukuma packed out sharperly.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by ussv: 3:11am On Nov 27, 2020
No satellite dish, no nail on the wall, no loud music, no shouting inside the house, no flower pots, and no window unit air conditioner. The last one made me leave the apartment, heat nearly kill me for Los Angeles, lol

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by gbeymey(f): 3:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Our landlady said that there should not be any form of relationship among the tenants. No gisting of any form. If she sees two or more tenants talking, automatically they are gossiping about her.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by gbeymey(f): 3:20am On Nov 27, 2020
Mad ooo
madjune:
I've had landlords and land ladies in the past, but one clearly stood out.

My landlady as a student while in Unical, late 90s.

From the onset, i interfaced with her through a middle man who helped me move in.
And, all the while i was made to understand she was blind and bedridden in a darkened room.

It was late after i had moved in that my neighbour called me aside and said the landlady complained that i always come back home empty handed, without bread for her.

Now, how she take see me?
I kukuma packed out sharperly.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by folu4real(f): 3:25am On Nov 27, 2020
Alonso80:
1. Landlady said I shouldn’t wash inside the house and if I do should come downstairs to pour the water outside.

2. Crazy woman was always paranoid anytime I had visitor(s) over. Complaining about her soak away getting full.

3. Another would always shut the gate by 7pm and I was always breaking and replacing the padlocks.

Word of advise: Never stay in the same house with a landlady especially if she’s single.

Yes oo not good to live in the same house with single landlady. Our own landlady likes money, make uneccessary noise for any little thing and her rules are unbearable. We are moving out in January, we only spend a year.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 27, 2020
sonnie10:

This year alone, from capital gain in stocks ($ buying Covid shorts) , I fit fence my whole village.
Baba i fit get small $1k for your hand?. May i take hold body and trade also Abeg grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by achaemeka(m): 4:24am On Nov 27, 2020
sonnie10:

This year alone, from capital gain in stocks ($ buying Covid shorts) , I fit fence my whole village.
Boss abeg help with #100k to buy a laptop and a phone to start freelancing and blogging.I am in benin city,I am ready to meet you.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by harmony75: 4:38am On Nov 27, 2020
no house fellowship and the tenant most not go into others apartment..na so she hag juju on her doors, parlor door and back door...we no stay reach 6months sef we japa � � but she gave us our balance from 2years rent

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Poppia: 4:42am On Nov 27, 2020
no using hot plate
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 5:01am On Nov 27, 2020
brain54:
was looking for a house back then in jos...met an agent...the crazy dude took me to one house in one crazy location... i was boiling inside cos of the distance...finally met landlord, he said he locks his godamn gate by 6pm...no music,no visitors.....was still counting more rules i just jejely walked out cos the anger at that point eh...i no wan slap old man!
those agents use me shine that year sha!!!

Hahahhahahahahhha sounds like my former landlord !
Strict die, all tenants dey look am
Like make dem kill am for Xmas beef.

Old soldier never die, na me cool am down. Imagine he comes threatening everyone until the day he saw it coming.

The place where he said no one should dry clothes,he come meet Weed like 40 bags in the drying processs.

Like 20 Buyers dey smoke to test the weed quality !!!!

HahhahahhHhahhhHhah party scatter !

He saw the Normal people/ semi normal / small crazy to the one wey dey ride Okoda without wearing clothes.

More than 15 big radios playing differently music,from bob marley to India music.

Other tenants dey cheer me up! Say carry go .

Las las me and Old soldier come be friend. I stayed 6 months after my rent due,but I make sure say daily I dey supply bread, Suya and sometime I help his ministry with babes.

Come see baba, dey cry when I was leaving.

I sha left 1 bag for him and taught him the supply route.

21 guns salute for all old soldier...

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Spectrum22: 5:13am On Nov 27, 2020
In 2004, A landlord who had eight daughters was like "so out of all my daughters you didn't see anyone you liked? You had the boldness to bring another girl into my compound"

He was narrating to us why he expelled one of his tenants. I believe he was also warning us.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by bigwig071(m): 5:15am On Nov 27, 2020
Don't talk to any of my daughters ever again
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by oluoma1: 5:20am On Nov 27, 2020
My landlady no get time for all this ones what she's after is her money. The only advice she gave me was that i should be very careful with women grin cos i use to change dem like undies grin but when it is time for me to renew my rent she will make herself unavailable to everyone shocked lol
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Kyn4kyn: 5:42am On Nov 27, 2020
I will pay electricity bills without taking a look at the bill, is that not crazy!
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by BabaCommander: 5:43am On Nov 27, 2020
sonnie10:

Bros can you tutor us, please?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by divinitybillz(m): 5:56am On Nov 27, 2020
clevybrown:
Back then in University days, a portharcourt landlord, an Ikwere man to be precise,once told me that non of my friends are permitted to pass the night in my room except I will have to pay him extra if that must happen and also that he will be the one to approve the kind of friends that will come to his compound to visit me and that anyone he doesn't approve must stop visiting grin grin grin grin

BRO, DID U ATTEND UNIPORT?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by kunletj: 6:07am On Nov 27, 2020
I will be collecting my house � rent every month, not one year or six months again!
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by kponkedenge(m): 6:08am On Nov 27, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Only stove is allowed, anything gas is prohibited,

She actually came to my house to tell me that, I laughed and sternly told her it's not possible, I don't know how to use stove cos I was not brought up with it, told her not to worry I'll be careful with it, that stove can also burn down the house if that's what she's scared of,

She walked out of my place embarrassed.

What I don't get is, why didn't she tell you that before you moved into the house?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by duduade: 6:08am On Nov 27, 2020
No smoking or weed and the rest

We don't shout

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Japa: Canada Bans Foreigners Others From Buying Houses / Pls Urgent Response Needed, How Much Will It Cost To Build House Like This(pics / Ifeanyi Ubah's Games Village In Nnewi In 4D (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.