Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle (9100 Views)

MI Abaga And Iceprince Zamani Announced As New CEO And VP Of Chocolate City Musi / VIDEO: E.M.E's Sun Mo Mi and Behind the Scene Pics / Lyrics Of Molowo Noni By Samklef Ft. Wizkid, D'prince And Iceprince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Bamsyle2(m): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2011
H.J:

bein disappointed is an understatement . .even if the mood no dey , when u see other guys dey drop lines, the ginger must come , ,even lynxx come get mouth pass them dat nite  , too bad!!!!

Shut up Ndukwe . . .

Can you freestyle?? Pu[i]ss[/i]y-nigga always criticizing e'rrone but ain't no better himself . . . if you and MI work in the same office and Rap is used to draw an organogram, you'll be down there dusting MI's shoes you bi[i]t[/i]ch-a[i]ss[/i] nigga.

@Thread

Like some folks have already noted, freestyle might add to your CV but lack of it takes nutin away from your CV either . . . the best freestylers ain't the best rappers.

I somewhat agree that em Choc Boiz should've been more tactful though.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Basildon1(m): 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2011
04kaa:

no !, the t-rex you are talking about is different he graduated with teeto and co, he used to freestyle with emteezy, dayja, darkpoet and co in unilag then, semilyfe u get good memory o. grin

I swear i was thinkin the same thing if it was the same T-rex from unilag. I dey enter Bamboo box 24/7 go hear these boyz dey spit sick flows. Teeto, T-rex, Efe and sum other goons. Good ol times!! ( 04kaa, i sure say i go sabi you sef!)
Bamsyle.:

the best freestylers ain't the best rappers.
CONFIRMED

I somewhat agree that em Choc Boiz should've been more tactful though.
No doubt, no doubt, saw sum freestyling video way back. Jay-Z n DMX, I'd always Jay over DMX, but Jay got murdered!
But u have to accept that it is very disappointing from MI, i mean, what the hell!!!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by 04kaa: 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2011
Basildon1:

I swear i was thinkin the same thing if it was the same T-rex from unilag. I dey enter Bamboo box 24/7 go hear these boyz dey spit sick flows. Teeto, T-rex, Efe and sum other goons. Good ol times!! ( 04kaa, i sure say i go sabi you sef!)

can u imagine, Basildon sef na unilag connection, ossshhheee!! wink wink
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2011
O4ka how far our deal? Enter twitter jor!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2011
O4ka how far our deal? Enter twitter jor!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by swaggapee: 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2011
mi and ice prince were scared when they saw phenom and T-rex grin grin grin
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by eldee(m): 8:33pm On Mar 22, 2011
I don't get it. . . would it have been better if they used pre-writtens??
Because I remember thinking Phero could freestyle till I heard his 'blue jeans and face cap' line on three different freestyles.
Same with Modenine and Rugged, you think it's a freestyle and then you see it on a track later.

Abeg jare. . . M.I can't freestyle, big deal, my assignment is still up, let anyone kill the beat of 123 Hiphop(Original) like he did.
End of.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 8:56pm On Mar 22, 2011
eldee:

I don't get it. . . would it have been better if they used pre-writtens??
Because I remember thinking Phero could freestyle till I heard his 'blue jeans and face cap' line on three different freestyles.
Same with Modenine and Rugged, you think it's a freestyle and then you see it on a track later.

Abeg jare. . . M.I can't freestyle, big deal, my assignment is still up, let anyone kill the beat of 123 Hiphop(Original) like he did.
End of.

really u dnt get? wuh part dont u get?

that he mudered 123hiphop only to go disgrace himself on an Emcee/Dj show?

or

that he claims africa rapper number1 and could mumble two words to save his career on a radio show?

baba go sleep! u no get point
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by eldee(m): 9:04pm On Mar 22, 2011
tosinaded@:

really u dnt get? wuh part dont u get?

that he mudered 123hiphop only to go disgrace himself on an Emcee/Dj show?

or

that he claims africa rapper number1 and could mumble two words to save his career on a radio show?

baba go sleep! u no get point

I don't get the fact that his ability to freestyle is what you're using to judge his mic skills, like seriously??
I remember seeing Jay-Z declining an opportunity to freestyle on Angie Martinez last year . . .I don't see people calling him out on that, only difference is that you can't pressure Jay-Z like you would M.I.
And that's Jay-Z that claims that he 'rewrote history without a pen'. . . if we all agree this doesn't make him any less of and emcee, then I don't get why this is relevant
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2011
eldee:

I [b]don't get the fact that his ability to freestyle is what you're using to judge his mic skills, like seriously[/b]??
I remember seeing Jay-Z declining an opportunity to freestyle on Angie Martinez last year . . .I don't see people calling him out on that, only difference is that you can't pressure Jay-Z like you would M.I.
And that's Jay-Z that claims that he 'rewrote history without a pen'. . . if we all agree this doesn't make him any less of and emcee, then I don't get why this is relevant

what rubbish are u talking about? we are here bashing him because he went for a show, knowing fully well wuh the show was about!
spitting anytn over a beat! Nikkas were spitting for over an hour before he stepped in with iceprince, and dey killed the fun. . . .
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by eldee(m): 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
tosinaded@:

what rubbish are u talking about? we are here bashing him because he went for a show, knowing fully well wuh the show was about!
spitting anytn over a beat! Nikkas were spitting for over an hour before he stepped in with iceprince, and dey killed the fun. . . .

If you're crying because your favourite show was interrupted, then it's your business . . . but to say they're not good rappers because of that is just daft.
As everyone on this thread has said, it don't take shit from you if you can't freestyle.

And anyone that's follpowed M.I's career knows he freestyles well, but that's a matter I won't go into.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2011
eldee:

If you're crying because your favourite show was interrupted, then it's your business . . . but to say they're not good rappers because of that is just daft.
As everyone on this thread has said, it don't take poo from you if you can't freestyle.

And anyone that's follpowed M.I's career knows he freestyles well, but that's a matter I won't go into.

stick this to ur skull!
Dont Go for what ure not prepared for, especially when u claim to be the best!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by eldee(m): 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2011
tosinaded@:

stick this to your skull!

Now you see you're on sum B.S thing?

Aiiite, here's one thing I'll like to explain to you Mr Tosinadeda.
You do not 'prepare' for freestyles . . . if you do that it becomes pre-written.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2011
eldee:

Now you see you're on sum B.S thing?

Aiiite, here's one thing I'll like to explain to you Mr Tosinadeda.
You do not 'prepare' for freestyles . . . if you do that it becomes pre-written.

oga no use english follow me play!
i understand english perfectly well. . . . i understand what i also posted!

i no be dem empty heads wey u fit dabaru wiv ur posts!

@back to the topic
if u think going on radio to make a fool of himself is cool, no probs!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by eldee(m): 9:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
tosinaded@:

oga no use english follow me play!
i understand english perfectly well. . . . i understand what i also posted!

i no be dem empty heads wey u fit dabaru wiv your posts!

@back to the topic
if u think going on radio to make a fool of himself is cool, no probs!

It's clear and simple . . . you can't prepare for freestyles, I didn't invent the rules.
End of.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 9:47pm On Mar 22, 2011
eldee:

It's clear and simple . . . you can't prepare for freestyles, I didn't invent the rules.
End of.

ur Bull$$h*t. . . can we call it a day?
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mbulela: 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2011
when i heard Olisa advertising the show i was hoping M.I will fone in to say he was unavoidably absent.
I can't believe he went there to disgrace himself.
na by force?

Olisa says the next edition will be more of female MCs.
He says Kel and Eva will pitch.
Kel can't freestyle to save her life, i hope it will not be another MI moment.
Eva would be fire!!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by slimshay(m): 10:58pm On Mar 22, 2011
Hehehe when did freestyles become unimportant. Thot that was how IT all started.

Having ready bars should be what rappers are made of. Spitting TOTALLY off the dome is another level entirely. But what self-respecting rapper doesn't have a few bars simmering at the back of his head and the skill to elongate it by another bar or 2.

Abeg eff up na eff up, especially when you've bragged that you represent 'whether written or freestyling'.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by eldee(m): 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2011
tosinaded@:

your Bull$$h*t. . . can we call it a day?

Yep . . . made my point already, your side commentary is not my business.
Hence the term . . . 'end of'.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by sinistyle(m): 11:50pm On Mar 22, 2011
slimshay:

Hehehe when did freestyles become unimportant. Thot that was how IT all started.

Having ready bars should be what rappers are made of. Spitting TOTALLY off the dome is another level entirely. But what self-respecting rapper doesn't have a few bars simmering at the back of his head and the skill to elongate it by another bar or 2.

Abeg eff up na eff up, especially when you've bragged that you represent 'whether written or freestyling'.
You couldn't have put it any better.
What is a rapper that can't freestyle? Anybody with quarter of a brain can write a decent enough rap verse.
The ability to freestyle is supposed to distinguish a rapper from the average dude out there that can write.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Ibime(m): 12:32am On Mar 23, 2011
If you're a rapper and you're on a radio show, there's no excuse to spit material which is already on your album. Shame on Ice Prince for spitting Oleku on the radio. I always thought Ice Prince is wack anyway.

If MI can't freestyle or has no fresh material, he should refrain from going on the radio. Abi did he think he was going for morning show interview where they would ask him what's his favourite colour and which Nollywood actress he likes?

Nah nigga, if you go on a HipHop show, you must have fresh material for the people.

If you sell yourself as a "lyrical" rapper, you should also be able to freestyle. Infact, you should be good at freestyling as a rapper period, because you will be called upon to spit impromptu at any time. At worst, you do what Drake did and spit FRESH MATERIAL off your blackberry!

It was only in the late 90's where rappers started making excuses on radio shows about freestyling.

Shame on MI! NL's greatest freestyler Ofoka Mendilurugun woulda put a better show!!!!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Esinwaju: 1:04am On Mar 23, 2011
i agree with those who say that spitting totally of the dome is another level entirely but that does not take anything away from the ones that cannot  do it and yea anyone with half a brain can write decent lines but then we can always sift the decent from the DOPE.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by yoji: 7:50am On Mar 23, 2011
Nice try, Tupac was'nt a freestyler but is arguable d greatest rapper ever.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mbulela: 7:52am On Mar 23, 2011
eldee:

proof please.
why did he not just call Olisa and say he could not make it?
why disgrace himself?
if i earned a living from hip hop, under durress i would do far better than he did that nite.
i have always had slight doubts about Ice prince sha.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by eghost247(m): 8:23am On Mar 23, 2011
They Di dint Invite MODE9?WHAT THE HELL
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Esinwaju: 8:27am On Mar 23, 2011
yoji:

My point exactly
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Bamsyle2(m): 9:06am On Mar 23, 2011
Esin waju:

i agree with those who say that spitting totally of the dome is another level entirely but that does not take anything away from the ones that cannot  do it and yea anyone with half a brain can write decent lines but then we can always sift the decent from the DOPE.

yoji:

Gbam!!!

A lot of folks are easily deceived with this 'freestyle' thingy . . . not saying there ain't no true freestylers though but if you've ever attempted to rap before, you'll understand that 90% of the so-called 'freestyles' are actually pre-written verses spat to fit the beat and deceive folks into believing that they were spat on-the-spot.

If you're rapper, you'll know that once you get the flow of your verses right, you can spit it to any beat (even Fuji, Juju, Salsa, Merengue or Akpala) . . . like 04kaa noted, all you need to do when 'freestyling' those verses is to chip in a few words on-the-spot (like the DJ's name and some other things around you) and connect them to your pre-written lines . . . and it's a wrap.

Shey because una sabi MI's and Ice Prince's lines b4?? Na im make all of una dey talk say them nor fit freestyle?? I can bet ma bottom dollar that if they were unknown rappers, they'll have spat lines off their unknown mixtapes/albums that night and all of una go dey scream "dope rappers" . . .

I am cock-sure that Lynxx and his 'dope freestyler colleagues' spat pre-written lines . . . wait for their albums.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by 04kaa: 9:21am On Mar 23, 2011
Ibime:

If you're a rapper and you're on a radio show, there's no excuse to spit material which is already on your album. Shame on Ice Prince for spitting Oleku on the radio. I always thought Ice Prince is wack anyway.

Shame on MI! NL's greatest freestyler Ofoka Mendilurugun woulda put a better show!!!!

AT LEAST IBIME, U COULDA SPELT MERINDINLOGUN PROPERLY grin grin JUST PICTURE MI OR ICE PRINCE IN A BATTLE WIT ANY OF THOSE YOUNG CATS LIKE PHENOM OR EVEN HILARY JUMBO, EVEN BAMYSLE WIT HIS 2PAC FLOW WILL MURK EM.
I PITY THEM SHA, THEY ARE TOO GOOD TO DISGRACE HIPHOP LIKE THAT
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by javalove(m): 10:22am On Mar 23, 2011
Okay. . .I read every comment on this thread. . .

Whether it is spat off the dome or its pre-written, at least DO SOMETHING TO SAVE YOUR NAME NA!!!!! HABA. . .!!!!

Shame on MI. . .lemme not mention Ice Prince cos that one I consider wack before. . .

@eldee

please, we knoow you have been following MI's career since he was in his mother's womb. you sure know what we don't know. . .oya please post audios or videos that show MI as a good freestyler that you claim he is. Iro lo ma ba tie je. . . grin

And you stylishly refered to Modenine's freestyle on the factory (Ikuku live) eh. . ? The blackberry rap thing. . .At least when we heared it, it was fresh!!!!!!! it shows you have something to say everytime you are called upon. I can bet with my life if you call modenine, vector, terry, OD and others, they all have fresh bars to spit and as Bamsyle rightly said, you could knit in bits and pieces of things around you to make it sound more fresh. . .DJ's name, color of the rug, new slangs and all that. . .

The koko of the matter is. . .MI's lyrical ability can not weigh 10kg, . na me talk am grin

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Bamsyle2(m): 10:29am On Mar 23, 2011
javalove:

@eldee

please, we knoow you have been following MI's career since he was in his mother's womb. you sure know what we don't know. . .oya please post audios or videos that show MI as a good freestyler that you claim he is. Iro lo ma ba tie je. . . grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by eldee(m): 10:35am On Mar 23, 2011
@Javalove

You know I don't take you serious, so let's just leave that.
But go back and read the article, even the guy that wrote this ish you're wanking on admitted that M.I freestyles.
You keep disgracing your dad everywhere you go. . . oponu oshi.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by 04kaa: 10:53am On Mar 23, 2011
eldee:

@Javalove

You know I don't take you serious, so let's just leave that.
But go back and read the article, even the guy that wrote this ish you're wanking on admitted that M.I freestyles.
You keep disgracing your dad everywhere you go. . . oponu oshi.

thats true eldee, everyone knows MI freestyles but he stumbles a lot, i have personally seen him in about 5 hiphop shows before he blew up
., but when it comes to a hiphop show like that where almost all Nigerians are listening, and you are surrounded by young hungry rappers, you should live up to the expectation especially when you call ''URSELF AFRICAN RAPPER NUMBER ONE'', eldee admit it , you and MI are wrong this time around.

this is going to have a big impact on his street credibility,,, i just dont want him to go the way of the rappers that were influenced by money ,,,we need a breath of fresh air in naija hiphop, and for a minute, i thot MI brought that.! at least he coulda spat an unreleased verse, think am now.
i think the problem is that the money , fame and stardom is gettin into his head, he is now lazy, cuz he is no more hungry, he should be more matured than that by now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kelly Hansome Involved In An Auto Accident, Receives Get Well Soon Message From / What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2011? / Mr Eazi - 'Surrender' Ft. Simi (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.