Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again (16270 Views)

Nairaland Devs Is PHP Dead Among Nigerian Devs? / Node VS Python - What's the Best Backend Tech for Beginner & Intermediate Devs? / Php Not Appearing Correcting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Idontknowyou: 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2020
Dev in the house.. I have been confused on which Backend I should venture into, but any one I ask usually suggest Node js over PHP..

Please can any expert here tell me why I shouldn't learn PHP but Node js..

And please suggest the best Backend I should learn before going into Js framework

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
As a beginner pick PHP, as you gain more experience as a developer you can learn Nodejs.

24 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Unbiased1: 4:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
Idontknowyou:
Dev in the house.. I have been confused on which Backend I should venture into, but any one I ask usually suggest Node js over PHP..

And please suggest the best Backend I should learn before going into Js framework

PHP controls nearly 80% of the world's websites while Node controls less than 1%. Most of the people who promote Node are largely JavaScript developers who want to use Node simply because it's a JavaScript framework and would be easy for them to learn and use unlike PHP that requires you to learn an entirely new language. Node js also tends to be slightly faster than PHP when used in App development, even at that, Node still doesn't have enough features to uproot PHP as its developers had expected.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2020
Unbiased1:

PHP controls nearly 80% of the world's websites while Node controls less than 1%. Most of the people who promote Node are largely JavaScript developers who want to use Node simply because it's a JavaScript framework and would be easy for them to learn and use unlike PHP that requires you to learn an entirely new language. Node js also tends to be slightly faster than PHP when used in App development, even at that, Node still doesn't have enough features to uproot PHP as its developers had expected.
Node isn't faster than PHP. It's just hearsay.

29 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Unbiased1: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Makes it even worse grin

10 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Donpre(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Node is faster. On par or just slower than Go

Only matters for large apps though

5 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Donpre(m): 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2020
@OP

Pick anyone, you can easily switch from one to another when you understand the request-response life cycle, database integration, Security and authentication etc.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Dahyormine(m): 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
As a beginner pick PHP, as you gain more experience as a developer you can learn Nodejs.
I sent you a PM bro, kindly reply
Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Chukwudaalu(m): 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2020
Idontknowyou:

Learn PHP
Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Xeeex: 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2020
Due to my research, most job requirements are for node js

3 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Karleb(m): 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
Xeeex:
Due to my research, most job requirements are for node js

Not true.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Xeeex: 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
Karleb:

Not true.

Ok
Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by dometome: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2020
Unbiased1:

as a js developer, PHP is actually easy to learn. I don't know where that fear is coming from.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by 0luwatope(m): 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2020
Lol, Nodejs PHP, just learn something

I know both and i can tell you for a fact that i use both, very well, if you ask me Nodejs is better in terms on performance, scalability, security, let's not even discuss about its single threaded nature.

However, PHP puts food on the table, gets things done faster for you without having to do a whole lot of Nodejs installation on the server, use cli or all those technical shiits, imo, Just learn anyone you feel comfortable with

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by ProfAmaben(m): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2020
Karleb:

Not true.

What's not true? Check indeed or stack overflow for analysis. Node js is the future and commands a higher salary. You can easily learn react and become a FullStack developer than learning php then coming back to React.

My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Karleb(m): 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
ProfAmaben:

What's not true? Check indeed or stack overflow for analysis. Node js is the future and commands a higher salary. You can easily learn react and become a FullStack developer than learning php then coming back to React.

My opinion.

Yeah, your opinion. Which is false.
Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by ProfAmaben(m): 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Karleb:

Yeah, your opinion. Which is false.

Says a scientist that argues without fact. Your input is === false

14 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2020
ProfAmaben:

My opinion.
The MERN stack is the most useless and the worst stack any newbie to programming will ever choose. Learn React Sha because it makes your life easier but forget nodejs MongoDB and express. React can be used with almost any CMS or backend now even wordpress.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by ProfAmaben(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

The MERN stack is the most useless and the worst stack any newbie to programming will ever choose. Learn React Sha because it makes your life easier but forget nodejs MongoDB and express. React can be used with almost any CMS or backend now even wordpress.

The way some of you bad mouth tech stacks amaze me. Why would someone wake up one morning and say that the Mern stack is the worst for newbies? The Mern stack is where the job is at the moment all over the world except Nigeria where they love WordPress. If you have any dreams of relocating abroad and don't know Mern, sorry.

I'm not a newbie in anyway too, no need telling me to learn React. I eat, dream and breathe React.

What's wrong with mongoDB noSQL? What's wrong with node? Funny php fanboys.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2020
ProfAmaben:

The way some of you bad mouth tech stacks amaze me. Why would someone wake up one morning and say that the Mern stack is the worst for newbies? The Mern stack is where the job is at the moment all over the world except Nigeria where they love WordPress. If you have any dreams of relocating abroad and don't know Mern, sorry.

I'm not a newbie in anyway too, no need telling me to learn React. I eat, dream and breathe React.

What's wrong with mongoDB noSQL? What's wrong with node? Funny php fanboys.
Theres no jobs in MERN stack o. It is all wash bros. PHP has more jobs than Nodej. Heck, even a language like scala has more jobs than Nodejs. A Nairalander relocated to Dubai because of Magento. Magento is based off PHP. Wordpress powers 35 percent of websites globally and is still in demand o. It is not as you think. Go and build a Wordpress theme or plugin from scratch then come back again.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by ProfAmaben(m): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Theres no jobs in MERN stack o. It is all wash bros. PHP has more jobs than Nodej. Heck, even a language like scala has more jobs than Nodejs. A Nairalander relocated to Dubai because of Magento. Magento is based off PHP. Wordpress powers 35 percent of websites globally and is still in demand o. It is not as you think. Go and build a Wordpress theme or plugin from scratch then come back again.

Congratulations to him. I'm an advocate of technology and not a fanboy since technology is just a tool utilized in solving problems. You asking me to build a WordPress theme from scratch is like me asking you to use JavaScript to analyze topological features using synthetic aperture radar interferometry and rendering the result with React.

We should all pat ourselves on the back regardless of tech stack or framework. Someone lost his life in Arkansas over Angular vs React fight, say no to fanboyism. Shalom.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by money121(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ok
Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by AlphaMale01: 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
fnep2smmooth:
I will advise you to learn PHP After you understand it better then go into Laravel. If you need more advance programing go into Python and learn it for a month then migrate to Flask.

Thank me later.

Me too

1 Like

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by shegzhkn: 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
Use Erlang son.

And you will develop robust, fault tolerant and distributed applications.

Lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by victons(m): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
grin
Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
Because it sounds like PDP

1 Like

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by 900warriorz: 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
Economics student, gather here for Tutorial grin

Topic: IS-LM Model
Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by donprinyo(m): 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
4cking Nerds

1 Like

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by AlexBells(m): 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
I will advise you to learn PHP, people thinks about what works not ecstatic, PHP will give you more contracts and have you access more people and developers, if you really prefer the stand alone programming languages, I would advise you go for python, but if you want your web projects done and you can get more contracts, go for PHP, you are more likely to be hired for a web project in Nigeria via PHP and its frameworks than any other language that's as far as web programming is concerned, but if you are going mainstream standalone then I will advise you go for Java, most future languages are modeled through Java and Android Apps are almost powered by Java and java related language

7 Likes

Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by Factfinder1(m): 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
Simply because of new and upgraded versions of similar applications security and flexibility is key to everything you do on the internet php is still one of the best tho
Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by TriCee: 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
I wish I can contribute to this sort of nice thread. By January, I should be able to. Thanks to you guys that always bring informative posts here.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Defend Your Programming Language / Learn How To Build A Desktop Software Using PYTHON – Tutorial On Nairaland / What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.