Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,153 members, 7,780,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:44 AM

Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead (17066 Views)

Steve Pieczenik: Absolutely Convinced That Gaddafi Is Alive. / Muammar Gaddafi Is Alive / Do You Beleive That Gaddafi Is Killing His Own People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by na2day(m): 9:02am On Mar 21, 2011
ShababLibya BREAKING: It has been confirmed by a few sources and now also Al Manara, Khamis Gaddafi has died today, as a result of burns .

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by na2day(m): 9:10am On Mar 21, 2011
Update 20:09: After heavy bombardment of Qaddafi's complex, there are reports that his son Khamis Qaddafi has been killed in strikes. Khamis is a commander of the elite Khamis Brigade

The Latest 16:20 ET: Heavy anti-aircraft fire is being heard in Tripoli right now, according to Reuters. A no-fly zone is now in place in Libya. Air defenses in the country were targeted in the coalition assault, though some in Tripoli are obviously still functioning.

A U.S. official has told Reuters "we are not going after Qaddafi." However, a CNN producer reports that smoke is now rising from Qaddafi's complex. The Pentagon is also denying any coalition planes have been shot down, or that there is any evidence civilians have been killed.

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/libya-sunday-march-20-2011-3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by na2day(m): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2011
All bets are off the table.
Gaddafi will surely go nuts and use sarin gas on his people,
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 21, 2011
After all the rascality, Ghaddafi is sure to end like Saddam Hussein. Delusional Psychotic
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by solihu(m): 9:50am On Mar 21, 2011
Hmmm. Waiting to see Gaddafi's reaction. What a pity.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by shevalync: 10:04am On Mar 21, 2011
this Arab self!
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Abagworo(m): 10:15am On Mar 21, 2011
I wonder what Ghaddafi's offence is.He developed Libya way ahead of its peers in infrastructure and made it a haven for job seekers from across the globe.

2ndly the Libyan rebels are wicked Islamic extremists targeting Nigerians and other black Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by macIB(m): 10:15am On Mar 21, 2011
another Iraq in the offing, unfortunately!
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by blacksta(m): 10:22am On Mar 21, 2011
lies lies lies

nothing of that sort has happened.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Beaf: 10:25am On Mar 21, 2011
The reports are sketchy and outside of mainstream media, but it seems the monster was killed by a kamikaze fighter pilot who flew his aircraft into the barracks Khamis was holed up in. The reports remain unconfirmed.

[size=14pt]Khamis Al Gadaffi is Dead! Suspicions of Gadaffi son's death possibly confirmed by Almanara Media[/size]
Tripoli : Libya | Mar 20, 2011
By MichelleDevlin

Just in from Almanara Media - this reporter's suspicions may have been confirmed!

Earlier today I had wondered if reports a few days ago had been true that stated Gadaffi's son Khamis Al Gadaffi was burned in a fire caused by a kamikaze hero defecting from Gadaffi's army.

This is what I was referring to - the article I posted afew days ago and that has yet to be confirmed in mainstream news:

Stunning Tweets from Resistance Claim Kamikaze Defected Pilot Hero crashes into Gadaffi stronghold http:///glzn2O

Link to the following website gives the information as follows:

libyafeb17.com/2011/03/march-…

"02:13 Almanara Media is confirming from trusted sources that Khamis Al Gaddafi has passed away on Sunday due to severe burn injuries he sustained a few days ago. The burns were caused when a fighter jet pilot performed a martyr mission and crashed his fighter jet into Gaddafi’s compound Baab Al Aziziyah. IMPORTANT: We are only citing Almanara Media for this news. We have not confirmed it via any other source."

Here are the tweets trending right now;

Michelle9647 Michelle by MmeButterfly1 RT: @stember: Almanara Media Khamis Gaddafi died Sunday burn injuries caused by fighter jet pilot crashed his plane into Gaddafi quaters 5 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

» thisisfifi Wafa N by MmeButterfly1 @CNN @cnnbrk ITS NOT LIBYA WAR ITS #GADDAFI WAR AGAINST LIBYANS ITS #LIBYA FIGHT FOR FREEDOM. 24 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply »

SupportingArabs LC by MmeButterfly1 BREAKING: Two busloads of Gaddafi forces & 11 tanks entered Misratah preparing for massacre tomorrow 27 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply » SupportingArabs

LC by MmeButterfly1 20 Responses to BREAKING: Almanara Media confirms from trusted sources that Khamis Al Gaddafi is dead 25 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply »

SupportingArabs LC by MmeButterfly1 Did you live underthe iron fist of Qadhafifor the last 42 years? If you did, you might understand why someone wouldnot mourn Khamis Qadhafi…

There have as yet been no reports from mainstream news on this breaking story from Libya. Again, this is as yet unconfirmed by anyone except Almanara Media, breaking this news out of Tripoli.

This reporter will be further attempting to confirm this story. Updates to follow.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/8533987-khamis-al-gadaffi-is-dead-confirmed-by-almanara-media
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by enkoby: 10:51am On Mar 21, 2011
Abagworo:

I wonder what Ghaddafi's offence is.He developed Libya way ahead of its peers in infrastructure and made it a haven for job seekers from across the globe.

2ndly the Libyan rebels are wicked Islamic extremists targeting Nigerians and other black Africans.

something must be definitely wrong with your head! Keep wondering wat Ghaddafi's offence is, until himself and the entire dictatorship crew lands in jail, or beta stil gets assasinated. mtsheew!
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Tolulop001(f): 10:55am On Mar 21, 2011
me i dont believe

sounds too good to be true grin
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by JUO(m): 10:56am On Mar 21, 2011
expecting more
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Sunofgod(m): 11:16am On Mar 21, 2011
The West 'No Dey Fear'

See Gaddafi looking happy - Imagine him piissed off?

Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:16am On Mar 21, 2011
i doubt that. am just watching CNN and Al Jazeera, no news like that. still waiting for confirmation though.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Cuteobi(f): 11:16am On Mar 21, 2011
Ur pple no lnger want u,Resign like ur egyptian counterpart did,NO.rather he prefers to fight world powers dat even sold him his war heads.he will definitly end up like Saddam.its a shame.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by lokya(f): 11:17am On Mar 21, 2011

Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead
« #6 on: Today at 10:15:19 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i totally agree with u on the 2nd reason. i see trouble coming from the islamist fanatics. he has so far been able to stop so many islamic evils.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by onosbongos: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2011
its a win, win, loose csenario that's unveiling.
the U.S can't afford to lose this battle.they've gat oil n sweet oil deals at stake.(WIN)
the 'rebel'(in africa n asia,they are called rebels.in the U.S,its called civil disobedience) can't afford to pass up this opportunity to emancipate themselves from gadafi's grip.(WIN)
gadafi can not withstand the wind of change.nobody has.(LOOSE)
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by na2day(m): 11:29am On Mar 21, 2011
Deja vu all over again!
Looking similar to Saddam and his sons  lipsrsealed
A lesson to all other rulers,  never trust d west, today they are shaking ur hands, tomorrow they are bombing ur arze!
Anyway Ghadaffi had it coming, all d pent up anger of all these years at his insane rants!
Ghaddafi, its payback time for tearing the UN charter!  grin
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by otokx(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2011
I don't believe this.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by 3kay945(m): 11:43am On Mar 21, 2011
wind of change is blowing across the African continent. am liking this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by kodewrita(m): 11:50am On Mar 21, 2011
na2day!:

Deja vu all over again!
Looking similar to Saddam and his sons lipsrsealed
A lesson to all other rulers, never trust d west, today they are shaking your hands, tomorrow they are bombing your arze!
Anyway Ghadaffi had it coming, all d pent up anger of all these years at his insane rants!
Ghaddafi, its payback time for tearing the UN charter! grin
next time, tear with care. shine your eye before tearing anything. grin grin
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by jimharry21(m): 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2011
I really admire the courage of the Yemeni army who opted to defend their fellow citizens (civilians) that to defend a tyrant president. For 43 years Ghadafi ruled Libya according to his personal test and interests now the people want to be ruled according to their own rule; for me any reasonable person would have decided that after 43 years is about time i let go but what did the tyrant do? He decided to sacrifice his people as rats to wet his bloody appetite. God in Heaven would not let that happen.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2011
@topic: SMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

na2day!:

Deja vu all over again!
Looking similar to Saddam and his sons  lipsrsealed
A lesson to all other rulers,  never trust d west, today they are shaking your hands, tomorrow they are bombing your arze!

Na2day! I TRULY commend you and respect what you
have said above. That is SOOOOOOOOO true. I say it
ALL OF THE TIME!

*grabs her shovel and prepares to dig a trench and to
buy water and canned foods for the next WW.  undecided
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by hbrednic: 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2011
Africans king of kings is going down cool
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2011
hbrednic:

Africans king of kings is going down cool

Like we say in Jamaica "today for me, tomorrow for you". . .so with that said
keep celebrating and seeming content but trust me, he is being used as an
example for any African leader who 'gets too big for his trousers'. SO, I think
you get my drift. wink
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by maxproxl: 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2011
its d beginning of a long war, ghadaffi wont surrender, d man is such a big fool. he has nothing to offer libyans, killing his own people is like a hubby to him. the strikes shld continue, lets see how far he will go, I pray he is eventually conquered & humbled like saddam hussein. at least he shld learn from mubarak who stepped aside to avoid western sanctions. GADAFFI, ITS THE END OF THE ROAD FOR YOU
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by dantsoho(m): 2:48pm On Mar 21, 2011
why do they want gaddafi to step down ? do they think that he is mad like them. gaddafis continue stay in power is the best thing for him to do than to let evil forces destroy the country.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by mahal(m): 2:48pm On Mar 21, 2011
enkoby:

something must be definitely wrong with your head! Keep wondering wat Ghaddafi's offence is, until himself and the entire dictatorship crew lands in jail, or beta stil gets assasinated. mtsheew!
Why don't you answer the question instead of throwing Invectives. I need to know too, what has Ghadaffi done other than stop rebels in his country trying to kill him and seize power?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by plappville(f): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2011
dantsoho:

why do they want gaddafi to step down ? do they think that he is mad like them. gaddafis continue stay in power is the best thing for him to do than to let evil forces destroy the country.

where u dey come from? grin  grin
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by plappville(f): 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2011
@ topic, I will see the media befor been sure. But in anyway, if this is true then it will be a good news, let him feel the pains that other parents in Libya has felt. All the ados and children that ve gone just becos of his greed.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Arkhin(m): 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2011
A delusional sociopath, his days in power are numbered.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mali, Niger, Burkina Juntas Sign Mutual Defence Pact / Guinea Coup Leaders Freezes All Government Accounts / Russian Railways Defaults In Credit Payment As Effects Of Sanctions Hit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.