Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! (6081 Views)

Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia / Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by edoairways: 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2020
AFONAMARO:

Thanks for your input.

Please i need more suggestions on how to go about this.

Thanks
Tag popular bloggers to broadcast this except you have alot of cash for legal battle

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by maxti: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
Kindly report to FCCPC.

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by AFONAMARO: 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2020
edoairways:

Tag popular bloggers to broadcast this except
you have alot of cash for legal battle

Thanks
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by AFONAMARO: 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2020
maxti:
Kindly report to FCCPC.

They're in charge of issues like this?
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by LORDEST(m): 10:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
Was a victim of the the so called discount too. A product worth 159k with 10k discount as claimed and was charged 169k in the long run.

Crazy people
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by AFONAMARO: 10:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
LORDEST:
Was a victim of the the so called discount too. A product worth 159k with 10k discount as claimed and was charged 169k in the long run.

Crazy people

You see my point, this is an intentional act to deceive people into purchasing their items
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by BrickDevo: 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
AFONAMARO:

It's yet to be delivered. If i cancel, how am I sure the refund will come in time to get elsewhere?
yes that might be a problem, and you might not get any discount elsewhere too.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by vetrovialMan(m): 1:44am On Nov 26, 2020
tayo60:
If you can part with almost #120,000 for d phone, so how much is #10,000 that you can't wave? Moreover, you still got d phone you ordered for.

I don't think the money is the issue, it's just the deception that is irritating, same thing almost happed to me when I tried ordering LIGE wristwatch. When I noticed it I jejely diverted to AliExpress and bought the watch jejely and at a slightly cheaper rate at that. Julia should stop trying to make false promises.

3 Likes

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by henrycloud: 4:08am On Nov 26, 2020
Cancel your order. BTW, it did not say you will get #10000 discount, it said get UP TO #10000. That mean chance / luck was involved. It also meant you could get #1 discount or even less. Nevertheless #JUMIAnaSCAM
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by bskyb(m): 4:37am On Nov 26, 2020
AFONAMARO:

I am on about correcting a deceitful act and not interested in any unnecessary banter

Many outlets use words that need to be carefully interpreted.
Here, it is stated that you have discounts "up to 10,000".
Therefore, it means the discount can range from 0 to 10,000. It is not clearly stated that you will have a 10k discount. This is likely to be the clause they will rely on. It is commonly used across the world, so it's not a case of "Naijja has spoilt ".

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by samuelthaking(m): 6:21am On Nov 26, 2020
tayo60:
If you can part with almost #120,000 for d phone, so how much is #10,000 that you can't wave? Moreover, you still got d phone you ordered for.
Abi o,some people sef but jumia needs to be accountable for that too.if you wan sue them call me may i join the law team o so we can share tie !palliative'..
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by Alhajiemeritus: 6:24am On Nov 26, 2020
AFONAMARO:
Hello guys, please i need your input on how to go about my bitter experience with Jumia.

I placed an order for a Samsung galaxy note 8 2 days ago. While trying to complete the order, i was shown that i am entitled to ₦10,000 discount if i use my Mastercard. lmmediately, i proceeded to use my mastercard. But surprisingly, i was debited ₦127,359 as against ₦117,359 that was availed to me prior to placing the order.

I called their customer service yesterday and the agent i spoke with tried deceiving me.

Firstly, she alleged that i needed to register to qualify for the discount.

Secondly, she claimed that the promo is only for first timers.

Thirdly, she also claimed that the promo is for only Stanbic IBTC bank card holders.

Finally, upon realizing that I was concise with my assertion, she transfered me to one Anthony (another agent) who alleged that the promo ended since June, that i am not correct with my claim.
When i insisted and informed him that i have a proof to back up my assertion, he said a mail would be sent to me to provide my proof.

I have gone online to make a report as directed, but nothing has been done. Rather, they've called twice trying to offer apology instead of refunding my money.

Attached is the evidence of my claim showing the discounted amount and my order details.

MODS, please help push it to the right section/front page
To cut the long story short, cancel the order and you'll get your refund within 7 days.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by NinjaMetahuman: 7:03am On Nov 26, 2020
duduade:
Time to cash out

Get a lawyer involved

Believe me you will be teaching them a big lesson
lawyer for 10k?

Atmost they will do his refund his 10k, and you pay more than triple of that to a lawyer.

AFONAMARO the best you can do is to keep posting on every social media page and hope may be it will get enough attention to have your money refunded.
Or just cancel the order all together.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by Facidio: 7:15am On Nov 26, 2020
Oga just cancel the item. Tell then say u no wan buy again. They will refund all ur money to u.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by heykims(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2020
tayo60:
Sorry to say this sir but u are a fooool.

4 Likes

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by Gmajor(m): 7:52am On Nov 26, 2020
tayo60:

Why must you always display how dimwitted you are?
Is Jumia in the right for deceiving this man?

3 Likes

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by tstx(m): 8:03am On Nov 26, 2020
tayo60:

You sound like a thief

3 Likes

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by AFONAMARO: 8:09am On Nov 26, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
lawyer for 10k?

Atmost they will do his refund his 10k, and you pay more than triple of that to a lawyer.

AFONAMARO the best you can do is to keep posting on every social media page and hope may be it will get enough attention to have your money refunded.
Or just cancel the order all together.

Don't you think they'll sit up when people start making them pay for deceit? It doesn't just have to be about the 10k, but correcting the act itself

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by Lamisol(m): 8:10am On Nov 26, 2020
https:///2347030514999. What’s app me for your gadgets. Power banks, phones, kiddies tabs, etc
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by AFONAMARO: 8:12am On Nov 26, 2020
bskyb:

Therefore, it means the discount can range from 0 to 10,000. It is not clearly stated that you will have a 10k discount. This is likely to be the clause they will rely on. It is commonly used across the world, so it's not a case of "Naijja has spoilt ".

Did you omit the part that reads "total to pay - ₦117,359"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by jasonnn9: 9:52am On Nov 26, 2020
Op i empathize with how you feel, if I was in your shoes I might even be more pissed off because I believe this issue arises from lack of clarity on the part of Jumia..even to the point of checking out your orders.

Someone has however previously given the terms and conditions attached to this promo.
So I would like to know.,
1. Is your MasterCard that of Standard IBTC Bank?
2. Is this your 1st transaction with the card on Jumia?

If yes to 1 alone, know that you are adequately qualified for this promo and you can even carry them to the Supreme Court and win on this matter flawlessly.
If yes to 2 alone, you qualified for the 5k discount regardless of which bank you use.
If yes to both, I don't know what that qualifies you for.

If no to 1, which is what I suspect is your case, then it's an error on the part of Jumia for misleading you in the checkout page that you were qualified.
But they will insist it was indicated on the terms and conditions so at the end of the day you will be the losing party.

So the only option really, if you really need that 10k is to cancel the order and find a cheaper offer as some nairalanders above have suggested.

A word?
Be careful of all these promos you see, please always endeavour to go through terms and conditions,so that issues will not arise. I learnt the hard way one particular time. Story for another day.

Remain blessed.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by AFONAMARO: 10:05am On Nov 26, 2020
jasonnn9:
Op i empathize with how you feel, if I was in your shoes I might even be more pissed off because I believe this issue arises from lack of clarity on the part of Jumia..even to the point of checking out your orders.

Someone has however previously given the terms and conditions attached to this promo.
So I would like to know.,
1. Is your MasterCard that of Standard IBTC Bank?
2. Is this your 1st transaction with the card on Jumia?

If yes to 1 alone, know that you are adequately qualified for this promo and you can even carry them to the Supreme Court and win on this matter flawlessly.
If yes to 2 alone, you qualified for the 5k discount regardless of which bank you use.
If yes to both, I don't know what that qualifies you for.

If no to 1, which is what I suspect is your case, then it's an error on the part of Jumia for misleading you in the checkout page that you were qualified.
But they will insist it was indicated on the terms and conditions so at the end of the day you will be the losing party.

So the only option really, if you really need that 10k is to cancel the order and find a cheaper offer as some nairalanders above have suggested.

A word?
Be careful of all these promos you see, please always endeavour to go through terms and conditions,so that issues will not arise. I learnt the hard way one particular time. Story for another day.

Remain blessed.

I use a First Bank debit card and the transaction is my first with the card.

About the promo you raised, i was not attracted by it. I had selected my item and was gonna pay with another means when they offered me 10k discount if i pay with either Master or Visa card.
I selected Mastercard and they clearly showed me minus 10k and said, pay ₦117,359 as against ₦127,359. And immediately i clicked on pay, they took ₦127,359. That's fraud.

Note: There was no mention of any bank's Mastercard during my purchase on that page. I've all the screen shots of the transaction.

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by LORDEST(m): 10:33am On Nov 26, 2020
You all still don't get it.

On your order page they tell you already have 10,000 discount before inserting your card details. After you've inserted your card details it's all get removed from your cart and product returns to initial cost sending you to insert token.

It's honestly so deceitful , Why should you tell me I have 10,000 when you haven't confirmed the card I'm going to use ?

So you all stop all the Stanbic Bank MasterCard hippie dippie bullshit and let call them for a fraudulent unmannered approach of doing business
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by jasonnn9: 10:51am On Nov 26, 2020
AFONAMARO:

I use a First Bank debit card and the transaction is my first with the card.

About the promo you raised, i was not attracted by it. I had selected my item and was gonna pay with another means when they offered me 10k discount if i pay with either Master or Visa card.
I selected Mastercard and they clearly showed me minus 10k and said, pay ₦117,359 as against ₦127,359. And immediately i clicked on pay, they took ₦127,359. That's fraud.

Note: There was no mention of any bank's Mastercard during my purchase on that page. I've all the screen shots of the transaction.

Alright. I think it's good that you have all the screenshots and from what you just said, it's obvious that the whole blame falls on Jumia. Please follow them up till you are refunded the 10k. They obviously messed up.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by AFONAMARO: 10:59am On Nov 26, 2020
LORDEST:
You all still don't get it.

On your order page they tell you already have 10,000 discount before inserting your card details. After you've inserted your card details it's all get removed from your cart and product returns to initial cost sending you to insert token.

It's honestly so deceitful , Why should you tell me I have 10,000 when you haven't confirmed the card I'm going to use ?

So you all stop all the Stanbic Bank MasterCard hippie dippie bullshit and let call them for a fraudulent unmannered approach of doing business

Thank you! You got the point exactly.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:03am On Nov 26, 2020
bskyb:

I would have supported you if I didn't see this screenshot

OP, kindly cancel the order and request for a refund
If if you be Adeleke, you worked for the money and deserve better

I rather gift someone 10k than lose it to scammers

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by bskyb(m): 11:20am On Nov 26, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:

I would have supported you if I didn't see this screenshot

OP, kindly cancel the order and request for a refund
If if you be Adeleke, you worked for the money and deserve better

I rather gift someone 10k than lose it to scammers

I think you are right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by NinjaMetahuman: 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
AFONAMARO:

Don't you think they'll sit up when people start making them pay for deceit? It doesn't just have to be about the 10k, but correcting the act itself
you don't get.

As it stands going by your screenshots and their response in the case, you only have 50% chance of winning cos jumia lawyers could claim anything in court.
You might even lose and jumia claim damages for trying to destroy their business.

Because 1, according to your post and jumia response, you didn't read all follow jumia requirements for the promo to the fullest.
That's why it's important to read promo Terms and conditions before doing it.

2, It's not an outright case of fraud case where you paid 120k for your item and jumia took your money and run.. according to jumia policy which you agreed to before buying your item.
You can get your money back in full if you are not satisfied with the service rendered within 15days.
Or you could cancel the order of it hasn't shipped.
Which means, they didn't defraud you, or took your money without avenue to pay back.

Even if against all odds you managed to win in court, the highest judgement you will get is that jumia should refund your 10k money. If you are lucky and your lawyer is out of this world good against the army of lawyers from jumia, the judge might ask jumia be the one to pay your legal fees. But is it worth the trouble?

You can only get more money from jumia, if you can manage to get more people experiencing the same problem to sue jumia in a class act case and get big settlement. Not an isolated case like yours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gionee Marathon M6 Full Specification / Phone Storage Problem With Nokia X / Flashing A Stock Rom Using A Stock Recovery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.