Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% (20983 Views)

FG May Slash Civil Servants’ Salaries, Merge Agencies To Cut Cost / Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages / Minimum Wage: FG Budgets N160bn For Civil Servants’ Salary Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by RealityShot: 12:20am On Nov 26, 2020
Has that governor slashed his and his aides salaries first?
Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by chaloskyx: 1:20am On Nov 26, 2020
I TRUST UNA YOU PEOPLE MUST BUY YOUR JEEPS AND BUILD YOUR MANSIONS SO ITS NECESSARY TO SLASH THE USELESS CITIZENS SALARY AND NOT YOURS TO FUND YOUR POSH LIFESTYLE. RIDE ON NIGERSTATE GOVT YOU KNOW NIGERIANS ARE MUMUSINCE KILLING THEM DID NOT EVEN MAKE THEM REVOLT IS IT SLASHING OF SALARY THEY WOULD NOW CHALLENGE THE GOVT. SLASH IT FURTHER TO 90% AND IF THEY DONT LIKE IT LET THEM RESIGN

1 Like

Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by DAVE5(m): 6:10am On Nov 26, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Either that OR they tax everyone heavily

While the politicians continue receiving their full over bloated pay, luxury cars, houses, abroad holiday, oversea treatment of small illnesses right?

We go wise one day
Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 26, 2020
DAVE5:

While the politicians continue receiving their full over bloated pay, luxury cars, houses, abroad holiday, oversea treatment of small illnesses right?

We go wise one day

I agree with you, but the problem is how do we continue to get money when we have cut the bloated salaries of our political class and used it up to help poor workers?

Taxes.

Our tax to gdp ratio is 5.8% . Ghana own is 24% And yes Ghana.has a corrupt political class. They also.have more than enough cash to pay their workers

Same for South Africa. Tax to.gdp of 23% . And right now a promient government official is in trobule for overinflating contract and bribery.
Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by DAVE5(m): 6:43am On Nov 26, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

I agree with you, but the problem is how do we continue to get money when we have cut the bloated salaries of our political class and used it up to help poor workers?

Taxes.

Our tax to gdp ratio is 5.8% . Ghana own is 24% And yes Ghana.has a corrupt political class. They also.have more than enough cash to pay their workers

Same for South Africa. Tax to.gdp of 23% . And right now a promient government official is in trobule for overinflating contract and bribery.

Please I didn’t get the memo, when did they cut the salaries of our political class, I mean here in Nigeria

Look at it this way, if minimum wage in another country (south Africa for example) is 88,427 and you pay 25%, your take home pay is 66,320.25 right?

In Nigeria minimum wage is 30,000 (not sure it’s in effect presently, so it’s probably still 18000 in several states), and your tax is 5%, your take home pay is 28,500 (30k minimum wage) or 17100 (18k minimum wage)

Which would you as a person prefer to pay

25% tax in SA
Or
5% tax in Nigeria?

Also note that in the countries of higher tax, they have essential amenities and good economic structures

Minimum wage in South Africa is R20 per hour, and official maximum working limit per week is 40 hours= 3500rands monthly as minimum

Canada minimum wage is 12.63$ per hour, at 40hours working limits per week = $2020.8 monthly as minimum wage

$2020.8 = 593,003.36 Naira

At 15% tax, take home pay is 504,052naira

Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 26, 2020
DAVE5:

Please I didn’t get the memo, when did they cut the salaries of our political class, I mean here in Nigeria

I didn't say that

Look at it this way, if minimum wage in another country (south Africa for example) is 88,427 and you pay 25%, your take home pay is 66,320.25 right?

In Nigeria minimum wage is 30,000 (not sure it’s in effect presently, so it’s probably still 18000 in several states), and your tax is 5%, your take home pay is 28,500 (30k minimum wage) or 17100 (18k minimum wage)

We all aren't on mininum wage, dear chap. Are you on minimum wage? Besiides chaps on miniimum wage are excluded from paying income tax. It is the law

Which would you as a person prefer to pay

25% tax in SA
Or
5% tax in Nigeria?

Also note that in the countries of higher tax, they have essential amenities and good economic structures

They have essential anemites and good structures because they pay high taxes. There is enough cash from the tax to pay up.

Minimum wage in South Africa is R20 per hour, and official maximum working limit per week is 40 hours= 3500rands monthly as minimum

Canada minimum wage is 12.63$ per hour, at 40hours working limits per week = $2020.8 monthly as minimum wage

$2020.8 = 593,003.36 Naira

At 15% tax, take home pay is 504,052naira

And minimum wage in Ghana is about the same as Nigeria, yet their tax to gdp is 23%. Canada and SA don't subsidise their power sector like we do, so their power sector makjes enough cash to generate the kind of power that can power their growing industry.

We are poor because we don't want to make the hard chocies to be rich.
Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by tankoagaie: 8:42am On Nov 26, 2020
god go punish lolo this guy no pay last salary oo
Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by Josh1977: 9:13am On Nov 26, 2020
gaetano:
Buhari and his criminal wives have ruined Nigeria

Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2020
This useless governor has started again. Do you know my mum that used to collect 60thousand naira plus after taxes before corona started now receive 24thousand naira. Now, he is saying 50%. After everything, he will carry his bag and say he want to go and watch ball outside country. I pray that he will catch a untreatable disease worse than corona that will kill him.
Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by Banter1(m): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
HandmadeD:
Commendable.
FG will soon do their own grin
what is commendable here? the man refused to pay LG workers last month salaries, saying he wants to execute project with their salaries. the governor of Niger state is a disaster, evil and wicked.
Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by DAVE5(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

I didn't say that

We all aren't on mininum wage, dear chap. Are you on minimum wage? Besiides chaps on miniimum wage are excluded from paying income tax. It is the law

They have essential anemites and good structures because they pay high taxes. There is enough cash from the tax to pay up.

And minimum wage in Ghana is about the same as Nigeria, yet their tax to gdp is 23%. Canada and SA don't subsidise their power sector like we do, so their power sector makjes enough cash to generate the kind of power that can power their growing industry.

We are poor because we don't want to make the hard chocies to be rich.

Please don’t assume everybody is poor by choice, that’s probably a wrong notion towards those that aren’t as rich as you ohh

I’m not on minimum wage, i thank God for my own situation, I made sacrifices to be where I am and it paid me but doesn’t mean others are as lucky as I am, minimum wage is mostly how I like to check a country’s poverty index, btw most people don’t even earn up to the minimum wage, one thing I’d tell you is the Nigerian economy is really hard

Hope you understand if I say I don’t appreciate you referring to me as chap sir
Re: Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% by ajepako(f): 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
enemyofprogress:
Lobatan!

Ajepako it is better you go back to the selling of roasted yam o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magnus Abe: We Will Mobilise 1 Million Voters For Tinubu In Rivers State / Lagos Resident Recounts Ordeal With Bandits (Pics,Video) / Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.