Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,524 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission (9699 Views)

National Electricity Transmission Grid Restored - Bayo Adelabu / Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC / FG Plans To Sell Electricity Transmission Company (2) (3) (4)

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by Okuda(m): 6:32am On Nov 26, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Power generation is in thw hands of the privatr sector

Even if you put it in the hands of the state there is still the issue of funding.

When you have power beong sold at a loss plus at least 40% of the people not paying , the atates would have the same issues

see in this life, there is a solution to almost every problem human made. abroad you cannot beat the system easily because its highly structured. how about enforcing a pay as you use payment system on power consumption. you see the thing is, power is a necessity in every household. you cannot do without it no matter how poor you are. now, why not have a prepaid metered system where you use power and when you dont have units anymore you stay in darkness. who likes to stay in darkness?

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by Standing5(m): 6:35am On Nov 26, 2020
seguno2:

Increased personal income taxes from Buhari, Tinubu, Saraki, Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Atiku, Dino, Dangote, Otedola, Oyedepo, Adeboye, El Zakzaky etc should be more than enough for the amount needed.
This is hateful statement. All the recovered trillions and generated ones have taken us where? So the solution cannot be in taxing the church.

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by BadBradley: 6:40am On Nov 26, 2020
Blood suckers!!!!
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by 4ckyou: 6:40am On Nov 26, 2020
Zetty177x:
Make una de there de talk #1 trillion. Yesterday, the proactive Governor of Edo state project OSSIOMO Power company, is already in the process of 24/7 uninterrupted power. They are connecting most parts of Edo gradually to the OSSIOMO power. People in Sapele Rd who reside around the High Court kept wondering when there was no light interruption. 'are we safe? Nepa nor gree take light' 'wetin de happen' was most of their response..
Edo is moving Forward.... Make una de find trillions..correct Governor

The light is too much this days in edo, light bill will multiply now

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by ITbomb(m): 6:42am On Nov 26, 2020
If they cannot transmit, let every States generate and use its own power.

More money should be spent on generation not transmission

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by AKzee(m): 6:42am On Nov 26, 2020
Even with 2 trillion naira, there would be no electricity. Thieves.

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 26, 2020
Okuda:

i swear i had no idea the things you said but the web of complications alone made me know sef say hope no dey. i think they should just encourage clean private energy generation for households. import on solar free as someone rightly said. this power issue is the biggest demon nigeria has been fighting from time immemorial.
and to pay the discos off. Government has to pay them off. Nigeria does not have that money. The dam operators are making big money selling for nearby countries too.
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by seguno2: 6:44am On Nov 26, 2020
Standing5:
This is hateful statement. All the recovered trillions and generated ones have taken us where? So the solution cannot be in taxing the church.

If you don’t understand the difference between personal income and church/mosque, you better ask for refund of your tuition.

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by 4ckyou: 6:46am On Nov 26, 2020
Standing5:
I hope this is true.
It is

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by seguno2: 6:46am On Nov 26, 2020
4ckyou:
The light is too much this days in edo, light bill will multiply now

Do you mean that the electricity bill will be multiple times what you would need for the same total electricity from generator
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by 4ckyou: 6:48am On Nov 26, 2020
seguno2:

Do you mean that the electricity bill will be multiple times what you would need for the same total electricity from generator

I mean the new electricity bill will be three times higher than what they used to bring, am just speculating though.
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by seguno2: 7:02am On Nov 26, 2020
4ckyou:
I mean the new electricity bill will be three times higher than what they used to bring, am just speculating though.

I understand your speculation, and I am asking further to compare it with the fuel, maintenance and acquisition costs for a generator to provide electricity for the same total hours/volts.
What do you think ??

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by Tremple8v: 7:02am On Nov 26, 2020
Ogun kill all of una , but una fit sell electricity to other countries.

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by Oshokalo: 7:08am On Nov 26, 2020
they will swallow this one again oh

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by Zetty177x: 7:14am On Nov 26, 2020
Standing5:
I hope this is true.

Yes o...from a reliable source. I heard that axis had been connected to the OSSIOMO light stuff ..say Sapele Rd light now nor de blink. Say d people de fear d constant light sef

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by Codes151(m): 7:19am On Nov 26, 2020
See criminals
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by adenigga(m): 7:22am On Nov 26, 2020
Oshokalo:
they will swallow this one again oh

Exactly!!!!

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by treasuremi1(m): 7:31am On Nov 26, 2020
And they will still squander it. A wasteful and genetically corrupt people that will embezzle public funds
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by lastmessenger: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2020
Kekereekun123:
As a former member of an audit team for one of the discos. I can tell you there is no hope for that electricity sector. Nbet is owing tcn and gencos, discos are owing cbn and nbet, customers are owing discos, cbn is paying some disco debts and transferring the liabilities to disco books. Discos owners are using related companies to cash out from the discos. It was sad seeing all this while i was an auditor in Nigeria
I was once there too but I can tell that there is little hope unless something drastic is done
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by kokomilala(m): 7:41am On Nov 26, 2020
I've said it here often enough that we need up to $300 billion to fix the power situation.My previous posts allude to this.
Nothing good can come out of this present arrangements.What was left of NEPA in terms of capacity was like scrap.The discos are useless.They are like hired guns who wouldn't fire.

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by 4ckyou: 7:48am On Nov 26, 2020
seguno2:

I understand your speculation, and I am asking further to compare it with the fuel, maintenance and acquisition costs for a generator to provide electricity for the same total hours/volts.
What do you think ??

It's not possible, fuel will run you dry

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by tinktanker: 8:00am On Nov 26, 2020
Another stealing plan loading
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by gambia(m): 8:01am On Nov 26, 2020
Okuda:

adeboye and oyedepo for what? are they nigeruas problems? mind you in redemption camp while i was still studying there, they were able to generate privately their own power using gas. this meant 247 light. oyedepo is not your elected official. adeboye is not your state governor who has been mandated by the constitution to make your life better. pls dont be unfortunate this early morning

Don't mind the clown.
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by stanisbaratheon: 8:06am On Nov 26, 2020
Give them trillion now we go begin hear give us zillion.
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 26, 2020
Okuda:

see in this life, there is a solution to almost every problem human made. abroad you cannot beat the system easily because its highly structured. how about enforcing a pay as you use payment system on power consumption. you see the thing is, power is a necessity in every household. you cannot do without it no matter how poor you are. now, why not have a prepaid metered system where you use power and when you dont have units anymore you stay in darkness. who likes to stay in darkness?

Agreed, but a big part of the problem also is people bypass the meters too.

And when the dscos catch them, they behave like the Customs official who used a gun to chase away disco officals who caught him bypassing his meter.
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by AerialMapper: 8:32am On Nov 26, 2020
FIRS raised 4.something trillion in the last 10 months; go and ask them
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by agbolahan1991(m): 8:34am On Nov 26, 2020
Like always
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 26, 2020
Standing5:

We have gas reserve along the southern ocean border and what is needed is the decentralization of power business for a start. Will Dangote have built a refinery if govt ran power like oil sector?
Give the states and private hands the needed freedom to be involved.

The power sector is already in private hands, generation and distribution wise.

The main issue is funding. Which iss an issue becase Nigerians want free power.
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 26, 2020
seguno2:

Many thanks for your response.
In terms of value nko?

Sadly i don't hve the values, but a report in one of our newpapers some time ago put the percentages of people not paying for power as high as 50% in some areas.

Even the Pricewaterhouse coopers report on power mentions that power stealing is a serious problem.

At the end of the day, the power stealing issue plus the fact that power is sold at a loss makes it difficult for funds to be generated...that's why we have the figures above.

(Anectdote...one of my relatives knows a high ranking DISCO exec. Said exec told him that a large number of folk in their area of oprtations don't pay, and it is affecting their company financially)
Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by luckyz4rea(m): 8:37am On Nov 26, 2020
Lies! Even if that money is provided today we'll still complain of electricity in the next decades to come.

I have lost hope in the set of people at the helm of affairs in this nation. I'm sure millions of Nigerians too are fed up.

Change must be effected. We've tried these set of leaders for too long and nothing seems to be working for the past 60years. Though I don't believe one individual can change this nation cause he is no messiah, but together we can change the narrative of this nation. That narrative can only be driven by well meaning youths with the leadership or oversight of leaders without stain or interest to be at the helm of affairs not godfathers!

All that being said, everything here on earth is temporary. Whilst we go about aiming for good governance by the youths, note that we remain a people who are susceptible to erring, especially without the absolute guide of the Lord. Here is our Jerusalem and we must surely ad long as God gives us power, seek to repair or make amends with regards to all the damaged imposed on us by past and present leaders whether religious, traditional or whatever other part you belong to and had or have a hand in the bad state in which we are in as a nation. May the Lord lead us out of the temptation to vote any tyrant, selfish, ungodly r, tribal and traditional bigots!

Re: TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 26, 2020
luckyz4rea:
Lies! Even if that money is provided today we'll still complain of electricity in the next decades to come.

I have lost hope in the set of people at the helm of affairs in this nation. I'm sure millions of Nigerians too are fed up.

Change must be effected. We've tried these set of leaders for too long and nothing seems to be working for the past 60years. Though I don't believe one individual can change this nation cause he is no messiah, but together we can change the narrative of this nation. That narrative can only be driven by well meaning youths with the leadership or oversight of leaders without stain or interest to be at the helm of affairs not godfathers!

All that being said, everything here on earth is temporary. Whilst we go about aiming for good governance by the youths, note that we remain a people who are susceptible to erring, especially with the absolute guide of the Lord. Here is our Jerusalem and we must surely ad long as God gives us power, seek to repair or make amends with regards to all the damaged imposed on us by past and present leaders whether religious, traditional or whatever other part you belong to and had or have a hand in the bad state in which we are in as a nation. May the Lord lead us out of the temptation to vote any tyrant, selfish, ungodly r, tribal and traditional bigots!

So how would you fix power if you were in charge?

How much do you think is needed to fix power?

Buhari Chairs Security Council Meeting / Insecurity: Only Security Agencies Allowed To Access Public Data - Pantami / Promise Nnanyereugo Joins House Of Representatives Race (Photos)