Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service (19002 Views)

President Tinubu Remembers His Mother, Abibatu Mogaji 10 Years After / Ahead Of Transition In 35 Days, Tinubu Returns Home / Francis Erhabor: Policeman Who Never Took Bribe In 30 Years Wins IgbereTV Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by FutureDecisions: 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2020
In celebrating his mother Vidah Moghalu on her 85th birthday, a former presidential candidate Kingsley Moghalu has remembered his late father Isaac Moghalu who took pride in not collecting bribe in 35 years of service as a Nigerian foreign service officer, Igbere TV reports.

In a Twitter thread on Wednesday, Moghalu paid tributes to his father after recalling a story to his mother of how he took after his father in not collecting bribe in his time at the Central Bank of Nigeria.

“I remember this story because I just recalled it to my mother in a conservation to mark her 85th birthday. She was emotional,” he wrote.

“’God bless you my beloved son,’ she said. ‘I thank my God that you have walked in the footsteps of your late father my dear husband. Please never depart from that path.’ I promised her that I won’t.

“Now I am remembering my father Isaac Moghalu, a proud civil servant and former Nigerian Foreign Service Officer in his hey days from 1961 to his retirement in 1984. ‘35 years in the Civil Service,’ he would often brag, beating his chest. ‘And I never took a bribe’.”

https://twitter.com/MoghaluKingsley/status/1331472970724806657?s=20

Moghalu urged parents to leave good legacies for their children.

He served as deputy governor of financial system stability and the director of CBN from 2009 to 2014.

6 Likes

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2020
Wow!!

3 Likes

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by TossTos: 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
Indeed following the footprint ! Welldone sir

12 Likes

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by osamz007: 6:16pm On Nov 26, 2020
WORTH EMULATING IF TRUE BUT THE HONEST ONES ARE NOT YET BORN

10 Likes

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by edoairways: 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
Wowww! Expecting sadist to refute this

3 Likes

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by Fahdiga(m): 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
Even a police officer will also say he hasn't collected bribe since he started working

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by omenka(m): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
Very likely true. Such men did exist in the past, but I pretty much doubt they still do.

13 Likes

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by longetivity(m): 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2020
its only two people that doesn't take bribe in this country ...... yeah, that's me and Mrs MOGHALU.

big SHOUT OUT TO US
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by Righteousness89(m): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
Just like my Mum!
Unbribeable Woman!
Willing to Stand for Righteousness even at the cost of her Job or a promotion ..

Mama de Mama! I Salute you

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by slawormiir: 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by Sweetnesstwins: 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by Madibah(m): 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
Just like my Mum!
Unbribeable Woman!
Willing to Stand for Righteousness even at the cost of her Job or a promotion ..

Mama de Mama! I Salute you

What is this one saying seff undecided

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by hisexcellency34: 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2020
When you finish deceiving yourself, tell me

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by complexBoss12: 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2020
Trust politicians at your own risk. politicians and playing to emotions are 5&6
NOwazobia:
And he was there with him when he was serving?
e nor tire you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by Sulele04(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
[bWRECK EVERYWHERE AND LEAVE smiley][/b]
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
That was when we had upright men in civil service not the crook and sadist in the sector now.
Pls also help us inform your dad that the country he worked for is no longer the same now that Bubu has refused to go on retirement, that he should come and invite bubu for a meeting
bcs bubu like traveling
Thank you
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by memeguy: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
Is your father going to tell you he collected bribe before?

Gerrarahia mehn...shiii

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by Lexusgs430: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
My Mum too never collected bribes............ She even did government contracts and returned change........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
Well I'm looking for the person wey go confidently come out to agree to collecting bribe.
You may be right and you may also be wrong about your father bros.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by CentFrog(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
Well, every Nigerian Politician/Civil Servant would say the same

1 Like

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by sammysmiles(m): 8:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
G
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
FutureDecisions:
In celebrating his mother Vidah Moghalu on her 85th birthday, a former presidential candidate Kingsley Moghalu has remembered his late father Isaac Moghalu who took pride in not collecting bribe in 35 years of service as a Nigerian foreign service officer, Igbere TV reports.

In a Twitter thread on Wednesday, Moghalu paid tributes to his father after recalling a story to his mother of how he took after his father in not collecting bribe in his time at the Central Bank of Nigeria.

https://twitter.com/MoghaluKingsley/status/1331472970724806657?s=20

Moghalu urged parents to leave good legacies for their children.

He served as deputy governor of financial system stability and the director of CBN from 2009 to 2014.

yeah he never took bribe but people walk into his office come out lighter

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by tatatar: 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
Same way all our parents were the best in their class grin

5 Likes

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by Tallino25(m): 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
How I wish this man can Become the next president
He just needs to strategize himself politically
Even if is moving to APC for the least VP position smiley
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by NOwazobia: 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
And he was there with him when he was serving?

1 Like

Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by umarud: 8:30pm On Nov 26, 2020
shocked
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by mechanics(m): 8:30pm On Nov 26, 2020
Nice one, it's good to leave a good legacy for our children.
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by lagonovo: 8:30pm On Nov 26, 2020
Yes that was very common with that generation.
You don't need long research to find out that the bad guys were in the minority until Babangida's time when things started changing gradually. Nigerians of old were very conservative.

Unfortunately the bad ones tend to make it to the top and lord over everybody so most people simply turn to if you can't beat them you join them.
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by AFvckingAlpha(m): 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2020
The fvck

Niggarr!!
Re: Moghalu Remembers His Father Who ‘Never Took Bribe’ In 35 Years Of Civil Service by smartval(m): 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2020
so he expects his father to tell him 'my son, collecting bribe was my hobby those days'

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose / Bomb Blast At A Bauchi Football Viewing Center ? / Zaphaniah Gisalo And Yusuf Tijani Decamp From PDP To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.