Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate (29176 Views)

UNEC Students Procure Refreshments Ahead Of Tomorrow's Election / Garba Shehu To Akeredolu: No State Authorised To Procure Automatic Weapons / Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
GBTYO:

Keep telling you that the US Pentagon contractor is a sub contractor and middle man to Embraer Brazil as the US has a policy of patronizing their MIC .

The only time the US buys foriegn is when it is arming terrorist and rebel groups .

This company you quoted got a deal to supply Super Tucano aircrafts to Afghan forces under the Obama administration.

You are ignorant and instead of learning and accepting that you don't know anything, you keep exposing your low mentality and inability to read and understand basic english words.

We have documented facts from the US government and their National archives showing who the contract was awarded to, where the planes are being built in the US, how much we paid, what we are getting and the contract fore the airfield awarded to the United States Army Corps of Engineers to construct airfield and support facilities which is on going as we speak.

Ignorant people like you just talk ignorant rubbish, even if you are going to argue, common sense dictates that you show us documented facts to support your rubbish with like where the planes are being built in Brazil and even who we paid in Brazil to build the plane.

You ignorant people can be very annoying for real.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
NGpatriot:

What scam? Where? Please explain the scam you are talking about.

The US Government awarded a contract to the United States Army Corps of Engineers to build airfield for the 12 Tucano and support facilities so what scam are you and the ignorant senators talking about?
God!! You're too defensive and annoyingly on-edge for nothing.
I'm not referring to the jet purchase as a scam. I'm referring to the 9bn the senator is asking for on behalf of NAF.
The senator said the NAF have been to the minister for finance, CBN gov and Senate President to ask for the extra 9bn.
If you could just stop being a govt attack dog for a second and read and understand what one is saying.
I should have known better anyway.

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

God!! You're too defensive and annoyingly on-edge for nothing.
I'm not referring to the jet purchase as a scam. I'm referring to the 9bn the senator is asking for on behalf of NAF.
The senator said the NAF have been to the minister for finance, CBN gov and Senate President to ask for the extra 9bn.
If you could just stop being a govt attack dog for a second and read and understand what one is saying.
I should have known better anyway.

Super Tucano are built to taxy and fly on any kind of runway, including dirty and rugged runway so the silly talk about losing our money because of runway sounds just silly and ignorant.

Whatever rubbish this Senator Mike Nnachi is talking about is just nonsense, if the AF need extra fund to cover issues that are not part of the Tucano contract, they should get the money and the senate do their statutory oversight to make sure the funds are used as intended.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZSIn5arKUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlgdh2R2RgU&ab_channel=GungHoVids

A-29 Super Tucano: Takeoff and Landing on rugged terrain

This is a Super Tucano taking off and landing on a rugged terrain..
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2020
NGpatriot:

Super Tucano are built to taxy and fly on any kind of runway, including dirty and rugged runway so the silly talk about losing our money because of runway sounds just silly and ignorant.

Whatever rubbish this Senator Mike Nnachi is talking about is just nonsense, if the AF need extra fund to cover issues that are not part of the Tucano contract, they should get the money and the senate do their statutory oversight to make sure the funds are used as intended.

I thought your premise is on the fact that the money paid covers everything.
I didn't know your bone of contention was the threat of losing the deal.
If the money is truly required as claimed by the senator why do you think his claim of losing the deal is false?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2020
BAE awarded $225 million APKWS rocket contract for US, Nigeria, Netherlands

BAE Systems was awarded a $225 million contract to produce almost 10,000 Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System units for the United States, Nigeria and the Netherlands, the U.S. Department of Defense said in a release.

The $225,034,247 firm-fixed-price delivery order was issued against a 2017 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract (N00019-17-D-5517) to procure 9,999 Lot 7, full-rate production APKWS II units, the Wednesday, February 6 release said.

Work is expected to be completed in September 2020.

While the release said the procurement is “in support of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and the governments of Nigeria and the Netherlands,” the foreign military sales component of the contract was the full value. “Fiscal 2019 procurement of ammunition (Army, Navy and Marine Corps and Air Force); and Foreign Military Sales funds in the amount of $225,034,247 will be obligated at time of award,” the release said.

APKWS upgrades 2.75-inch (70 mm) rockets to a semi-active laser guided precision weapon. The system is a design conversion for Hydra 70 unguided rockets turning them into low-yield precision-guided munitions to help avoid collateral damage.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2019/02/07/bae-contract-apkws-rocket-guidance-nigeria-netherlands-225-million/

Another contract to make and deliver 10,000 Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) to turn Hydra 70 unguided rockets into a laser guidance kit.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by flokii: 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2020
Quota system has destroyed this country far beyond repairs.. shame on all the doctors, professors etc., daft people are the ones taking decisions now in government.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

I thought your premise is on the fact that the money paid covers everything.
I didn't know your bone of contention was the threat of losing the deal.
If the money is truly required as claimed by the senator why do you think his claim of losing the deal is false?

No, not at all, my main issue is the airfield and support facilities which is currently being taken care of by the United States Army Corps of Engineers, obviously, there are other contingencies that are not covered that must be attended to.

The deal with the plan, weapons, hanger facilities, maintenance and weapons depot, fencing, gate, control tower, simulation facilities are all part of the contract that so we are not losing anything because of runway especially considering the fact that Tucano are built to land and fly on rugged terrain.

I don't know what the senator is talking about us losing our money because of runway, he shouldn't conflate NAF needing funds for whatever purpose with us losing money or planes, these are unrelated issues.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
1. This sale involves the release of sensitive weapons software technology information to Nigeria. Software associated with the following weapons will be included in the aircraft operational flight program to support a future weapons capability.
2. Sensitive and/or classified (up to SECRET) elements of the proposed A-29 sale to Nigeria includes the hardware and associated software with: Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) laser guided rockets, Guided Bomb Unit (GBU)-12/58 Paveway II laser guided tail kits, and Mark (MK)-81/82 general purpose bombs.

3. The Hydra 70 Rocket System is a modernized version of the 2.75 inch (70 mm) unguided rocket body with the MK66 Rocket Motor.

4. The APKWS is a low cost semi-active laser guidance kit developed by BAE Systems which is added to current unguided 70 mm rocket motors and warheads similar to and including the Hydra 70 rocket. It is a low collateral damage weapon that can effectively strike both soft and lightly armored targets. APKWS turns a standard unguided 2.75 inch (70 mm) rocket into a precision laser-guided rocket, classification up to SECRET.

5. GBU-12/58 Paveway II (PW-II) Tailkits: 500-lb (GBU-12) and 250-lb (GBU-58) are laser-guided ballistic bombs (LGBs) developed by Raytheon and Lockheed Martin. The LGB is a maneuverable, free-fall weapon that guides to a spot of laser energy reflected off of the target. The LGB is delivered like a normal general purpose (GP) warhead and the semi-active guidance corrects for many of the normal errors inherent in any delivery system. Laser designation for the weapon can be provided by a variety of laser target markers or designators. The tailkit consists of a laser guidance kit, a computer control group (CCG) and a warhead specific Air Foil Group (AFG), that attach to the nose and tail of MK 81 and MK 82 General Purpose (GP) bomb bodies to create an LGB. This sale includes the tailkits to transform Nigeria's existing 500-lb and 250-lb GP bomb bodies into GBU-12s and GBU-58s respectively. Nigeria is also buying additional GBU-58s, 250-lb (MK-81) guided bombs. The overall weapon is CONFIDENTIAL.

6. AN/AAQ-22F Brite Star Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Multi-Sensor Targeting System developed by FLIR. The system is a five field-of-view (FOV) large format thermal imager, three FOV color daylight camera with laser designator for terminal guidance of LGBs and IR-guided rockets. The system is classified as UNCLASSIFIED.

7. This sale is necessary in furtherance of U.S. foreign policy and national security objectives outlined in the Policy Justification. Moreover, the benefits to be derived from this sale, as outlined in the Policy Justification, outweigh the potential damage that could result if the sensitive technology were revealed to unauthorized persons.

8. All defense articles and services listed in this transmittal are authorized for release and export to the Government of Nigeria.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/08/28/2017-18201/arms-sales-notification

Apart from the planes, we are also getting advanced weaponry and munitions.

BILLING CODE 5001-06-P

BILLING CODE 5001-06-C

[FR Doc. 2017-18201 Filed 8-25-17; 8:45 am]

BILLING CODE 5001-06-C

This is the billing codes they used to bill us for every dollar we paid.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2020
NGpatriot:

No, not at all, my main issue is the airfield and support facilities which is currently being taken care of by the United States Army Corps of Engineers, obviously, there are other contingencies that are not covered that must be attended to.

The deal with the plan, weapons, hanger facilities, maintenance and weapons depot, fencing, gate, control tower, simulation facilities are all part of the contract that so we are not losing anything because of runway especially considering the fact that Tucano are built to land and fly on rugged terrain.

I don't know what the senator is talking about us losing our money because of runway, he shouldn't conflate NAF needing funds for whatever purpose with us losing money or planes, these are unrelated issues.

Seems he's just being an alarmist then. But it also begs the question of the runway. If the Americans say the runway isn't good enough for flying and landing, will extra money be required when the contract already covers such things?

Besides, from what the senator said, the Americans never made such threat so it's safe to assume the senate and NAF are up to some games to railroad everyone into releasing that money

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by SEGLIZ: 3:08am On Nov 27, 2020
this is so dumb an excuse from such claimed intelligent men. what is the weight and size of a super tucano that we won't have a run way to accommodate it?
besides where is it done that you sign an agreement or contract, you in turn lose your money or consignment because you don't have the facility on ground to hold your consignment?
what does this dumb polithiefcian take us for?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by AsiwajuNdigbo: 4:05am On Nov 27, 2020
bid4rich:
The Senate Committee on Airforce, said on Thursday that Nigeria stood the risk of losing $493m paid to the United States for the purchase of Super Tucano fighter planes.

The panel said the nation’s runway at the moment was not up to the standard and could not carry the fighter jets.

The Federal Government had wired in $493m in 2018 to a US company to tackle insurgency and other security challenges facing the country.

The Vice-Chairman of the Senate Committee on Air Force, Senator Mike Nnachi, raised the alarm while presenting the 2021 budget report of the Air Force before the Senate Committee on Appropriation.

He told the lawmakers that when the Americans came to inspect the Kanji runway, recently, they complained that the facility did not have the capacity to carry the aircraft.

He, therefore, said there was the need to make provision for additional N9bn that would take care of the runway and aircraft or else Nigeria will lose the money and the aircraft.

Nnachi said, “It is a very serious issue, the Airforce personnel are running around. They have gone to the Finance Minister. They have also gone to the Central Bank of Nigeria, and they have gone to meet the Senate President because the money needed was not part of the main budget.

Source: https://punchng.com/nigeria-may-lose-493m-paid-to-procure-fighter-jets-senate/

I wired $493m to purchase a war boat.
I then realized my dock is not deep enough to harbour the boat. Oh well, shikena, Ive lost the $493m be dat.

Lol.

Waiting on zombies to blame ipob for the shallow dock.

If our military strategists could not determine specs and user and system requirements ahead of a big dollar purchase like this, how is their strategy to operate the aircraft equipment against bokoharam reliable? If they miscalculate on landing requirements they might miscalculate target and drop bombs in civilian urban centers thinking its bokoharam territory.

It is ipob fault.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NdigboWorldwide: 4:22am On Nov 27, 2020
What a none sense, and why do they refer to Turbo-prop training aircraft converted to or modified to be a fighter plane as a jet fighter? All these dumb Senators self.
If the runway can not carry it, they should relocate it to Lagos pending when they built the said runway since that plane has turned to heavy duty heavier than 747 planes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by SEGLIZ: 5:21am On Nov 27, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Seems he's just being an alarmist then. But it also begs the question of the runway. If the Americans say the runway isn't good enough for flying and landing, will extra money be required when the contract already covers such things?

Besides, from what the senator said, the Americans never made such threat so it's safe to assume the senate and NAF are up to some games to railroad everyone into releasing that money

this where many Nigerians are having issues with Buhari, many atrocity going on under his nose either him being hoodwinked into them or he knowing.
I love the man but somethings too glaring to call off even to lame man. do we because care for friend then look away from things that would in turn affect all? such are things happening, like this case #90billion to be shared by those legislathieves, some executhieves and NAF officials.
even if at all this excuse is to feeble to siphon fund, like I've never heard it because I don't have some facility on ground I then lose my money and consignment!?
if heads had being rolling we would be achieving a sane clime as at but here we are successive government tend to come in and tame same monster to grow bigger for their to carry on.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 5:35am On Nov 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

I wired $493m to purchase a war boat.
I then realized my dock is not deep enough to harbour the boat. Oh well, shikena, Ive lost the $493m be dat.

Lol.

Waiting on zombies to blame ipob for the shallow dock.

If our military strategists could not determine specs and user and system requirements ahead of a big dollar purchase like this, how is their strategy to operate the aircraft equipment against bokoharam reliable? If they miscalculate on landing requirements they might miscalculate target and drop bombs in civilian urban centers thinking its bokoharam territory.

It is ipob fault.

Especially when Igbos are mostly ignorant and unintelligent.

Your ipob brother and useless senator making noise need critical education about the AFB in Kainji, for knowledgeable people, it's called Nigerian Air Force's 407 Air Combat Training Group.

This is the most relevant and important AFB in Nigeria, this is where we train our combat and fighter pilots, this is where they train to fly all our combat assets from Alpha Jets to Heavy Duty transporters like C-130 Hercules.

Are you and your ipob brother in the senate saying we train our best to fly Alpha Jets to Heavy Duty transporters like C-130 Hercules on your village bish roads? grin grin

407 Air Combat Training Group in Kainji is also where we do our Alpha Jet aircraft Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM.

There's a reason why they pick this particular airforce base to house the Tucanos, it's because it's the most relevant base in Nigeria and it's about to even get better with world class construction of new facilities including new airfield by the (United States Army Corps of Engineers).

My question to you and your ipob brother in the senate is, if alpha jests and even the massive heavy duty transporters like the C-130 Hercules can jet up and down the runway in Kainji, what's stopping or preventing a turbo prop like the Tucano that they design to actually take off and land on rugged terrain?

It beats me why you Igbos come up with the dumbest rubbish ever?

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 5:42am On Nov 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMOnv9gwBKg

Our wonderful first female combat pilot and her wingman doing flying demonstration with a a newly reactivated Alpha Jet at the 407 Air Combat Training Group (407 ACTG).

The ipob senator through the Alpha Jets fly on bush roads and not runways ...

grin grin

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 5:56am On Nov 27, 2020
The Nigerian Air Force Airfield in Kainji is an excellent example of the Avlite product range reliability and durability. It has required minimal maintenance from our distributor in Nigeria, Transtek Systems, who continue to maintain a positive relationship with the Nigerian Air Force.

Avlite is proud to continue to install runways like Kainji across the world with ongoing success.”

Jordon Holcomb, Project Manager for the Kainji project in

Application
General Aviation Airfield with Precision Approach Path

AV425-RF
AV-72-RF-B
AV-PAPI
AV-ERGL
AV-Windcones
Custom reflective airfield signage
AV-155 Airport identification beacon

https://www.avlite.com/case-studies/avlite-lights-aid-military-flights-in-nigeria/

When AVLITE installed military grade runway light at the NAF Base in Kainji.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:35am On Nov 27, 2020
NGpatriot:

Especially when Igbos are mostly ignorant and unintelligent.

Your ipob brother and useless senator making noise need critical education about the AFB in Kainji, for knowledgeable people, it's called Nigerian Air Force's 407 Air Combat Training Group.

This is the most relevant and important AFB in Nigeria, this is where we train our combat and fighter pilots, this is where they train to fly all our combat assets from Alpha Jets to Heavy Duty transporters like C-130 Hercules.

Are you and your ipob brother in the senate saying we train our best to fly Alpha Jets to Heavy Duty transporters like C-130 Hercules on your village bish roads? grin grin

407 Air Combat Training Group in Kainji is also where we do our Alpha Jet aircraft Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM.

There's a reason why they pick this particular airforce base to house the Tucanos, it's because it's the most relevant base in Nigeria and it's about to even get better with world class construction of new facilities including new airfield by the (United States Army Corps of Engineers).

My question to you and your ipob brother in the senate is, if alpha jests and even the massive heavy duty transporters like the C-130 Hercules can jet up and down the runway in Kainji, what's stopping or preventing a turbo prop like the Tucano that they design to actually take off and land on rugged terrain?

It beats me why you Igbos come up with the dumbest rubbish ever?

grin grin grin

Cow herder, you don start again?

Your obsession with ipob is permanent and incurable. Ipob is your substance dependence addiction. You suffer from Igbo Parasitic Obssessive Bilharzia Syndrome - IPOB Syndrome!

Your syndrom has so much devastated your zoo brain that you failed to recognize there are civil engineers in nigeria with security clearance and certification to build airfields, and the contracting of US Army Engineers is another miscalculation along the one given for $493m.

Which animal is going to swallow this one? A hippotamus, or one of Buhari cows?

Freaking terrorists.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 7:16am On Nov 27, 2020
[s]
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Cow herder, you don start again?

Your obsession with ipob is permanent and incurable. Ipob is your substance dependence addiction. You suffer from Igbo Parasitic Obssessive Bilharzia Syndrome - IPOB Syndrome!

Your syndrom has so much devastated your zoo brain that you failed to recognize there are civil engineers in nigeria with security clearance and certification to build airfields, and the contracting of US Army Engineers is another miscalculation along the one given for $493m.

Which animal is going to swallow this one? A hippotamus, or one of Buhari cows?

Freaking terrorists.
[/s]

Typical ignorant and unintelligent ipon rubish.

Thank God ipob rubbish no dey move me, I just file ipob posts under rubbish column..

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by bularuz(m): 7:28am On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:
The Super Tacano is a lightweight turboprop multirole combat aircraft more suited for air to ground support and surviellance missions.

It requires very short runway for take off and landings .

What in God's name are these idiots talking about specialized runway when the aircraft can even land in remote jungle grass fields?

The fact that they approached the US instead of the main manufacturer (Embrar) in Brazil just shows how corrupt, stupid and criminally insane these idiots running the armed forces are.

You just spoke my mind, specialised runway for tucano ke
https://www.military.com/defensetech/2011/02/23/super-tucano-dirt-runway-take-off

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by byinks(f): 7:36am On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:

It wasn't Trump but the deep state swamp creatures from the Obama and Clinton era whom your Buhari negotiated the purchase of these aircrafts from an American Pentagon contractor instead of directly going to Brazil .

This deal was kickback for the Obama, Clinton and DNC crooks for propping and supporting Buhari in 2015.

The only time it will get to Trump is for final approval of the arms trade which was ratified and submitted by Obama swamp holdovers to Trump.

The whole deal stinks. And this runway clause is another fleecing. Is the US responsible for it's maintainace and operation?

Only God knows how many crooked deals Obama and Clinton are bennefiting from this useless APC govt.

Remember also that Buhari and the APC donated hefty sums to the Clinton presidential campaign .

Some misguided kids here think Joe Biden will be any different from his fellow Dems.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 7:40am On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:
The Super Tacano is a lightweight turboprop multirole combat aircraft more suited for air to ground support and surviellance missions.

It requires very short runway for take off and landings .

What in God's name are these idiots talking about specialized runway when the aircraft can even land in remote jungle grass fields?

The fact that they approached the US instead of the main manufacturer (Embrar) in Brazil just shows how corrupt, stupid and criminally insane these idiots running the armed forces are.

The manufacturer of the Tucano that we paid for and that we are getting is Sierra Nevada based in the US hence US government and Pentagon approval for weapons sale.

We paid the US government directly and we obtained receipt from the US government, Brazil is irrelevant and a non factor as fer as this Tucano deal is concerned, they are building and testing the Tucanos we paid for in Florida, USA.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by GBTYO: 7:47am On Nov 27, 2020
NGpatriot:

The manufacturer of the Tucano that we paid for and that we are getting is Sierra Nevada based in the US hence US government and Pentagon approval for weapons sale.

We paid the US government directly and we obtained receipt from the US government, Brazil is irrelevant and a non factor as fer as this Tucano deal is concerned, they are building and testing the Tucanos we paid for in Florida, USA.

Spewing same ol trash.

Go to the Super Tucano website and you will see it was designed and manufactured in Brazil by the Brazilian Aviation company , Embraer.

This deal as I said was concluded as a one of many slews of compensation rackets to Obama and Hilary Clinton using their pay for play holdovers in the US State department and DoJ.

This deal is bennefits the DC deep swamp cretins.

It was overvalued at over $400mil for just 12 units when it cost a fraction of that from Brazil.

Super Tucanos are the poor man's airforce jet.

Trash

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by GBTYO: 7:53am On Nov 27, 2020
bularuz:

You just spoke my mind, specialised runway for tucano ke
https://www.military.com/defensetech/2011/02/23/super-tucano-dirt-runway-take-off

A very rugged aircraft designed by Embraer for the Brazilian Airforce which is dirt cheap to operate and is highly suitable in low risk airspace which can cover vast distances of the Brazilian Amazon forest to track drug cartels and other rebel groups.

This aircraft doesn't require any expensive runway or logistic base when it has an hourly operational cost of just $400 per hour

That APC zombie shill, NgPatriot thinks he is conversing with fools here.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by GBTYO: 8:00am On Nov 27, 2020
byinks:

Some misguided kids here think Joe Biden will be any different from his fellow Dems.

With Biden , the DC Swamp is back in full time CIA faccilitated global racketeering .

His shameless dealings in Ukraine with Burisma oil company and the unneccassry provocations with Russia and the Obama administration backing extreme right wing anti Russian rebels in the civil war is all there to see.

And guess what, the civil war that saw to the ouster of a democratically elected president of Ukraine paved way for an exclusively over represented Jewish govt complete with a President and 90% Jewish cabinet.

This is why they wanted Trump out because he picks their CIA global corruption ring.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:14am On Nov 27, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Typical ignorant and unintelligent ipon rubish.

Thank God ipob rubbish no dey move me, I just file ipob posts under rubbish column..

grin grin grin

Yeah correct, Ipob dont move you but soon as a story break you are rushing in to see if an Igbo is featured. Your Ipob syndrom has hooked you. I hate liars. Ipob dont move you but you are constantly on ipob matter. Even if a story does not feature Igbo your obssessive complusive disease will find a spot to put an ipob dimension in.

Do you see ipob in sleep? You need help.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NGpatriot: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2020
[s]
GBTYO:

Spewing same ol trash.

Go to the Super Tucano website and you will see it was designed and manufactured in Brazil by the Brazilian Aviation company , Embraer.

This deal as I said was concluded as a one of many slews of compensation rackets to Obama and Hilary Clinton using their pay for play holdovers in the US State department and DoJ.

This deal is bennefits the DC deep swamp cretins.

It was overvalued at over $400mil for just 12 units when it cost a fraction of that from Brazil.

Super Tucanos are the poor man's airforce jet.

Trash
[/s]

Sierra Nevada has been awarded a long-awaited contract for 12 A-29 Super Tucano light attack aircraft for the Nigerian Air Force, the U.S. Department of Defense said in a release.

Work will be performed in Jacksonville, Florida and is expected to be completed by May 2024.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2018/11/29/nigeria-a-29-super-tucano-contract-sierra-nevada/

We did not buy plane from Brazil

We did not pay Brazil to build plane

We pay the US government

Pentagon awarded the contract to build the plane to Sierra Nevada corporation in Florida to build the plane.

So, are you the one that pay Brazil to manufacture the Tucano in Brazil? '

Where is your evidence that contract was awarded to Brazil to build the plane in Brazil?

These illiterate Igbos sef..
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by pickatyou2: 8:59am On Nov 27, 2020
From what I am reading here this country no sabi anything especially the bubu era.

You pay how much for plane no come get arrangements on how u go receive am.

Better still them fit dey find excuse to embezzle this one.
Hopeless leaders.

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by SenecaTheYonger: 9:00am On Nov 27, 2020
Yes, if Biden becomes president they will surely lose it.

Republicans were willing to sell because they love money. But Democrats will consider the human right abuse angle of such a weapon in the hands of primitive people, so they probably won’t sell to our government
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by sapientia(m): 9:01am On Nov 27, 2020
9 billion
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Kingluqman(m): 9:02am On Nov 27, 2020
ABI you don already chop am grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate / What Benue Student Eyes Saw In The Hands Of Benue Politician In Abuja *PATHETIC* / Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.