Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:09 PM

The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away - Pets (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away (79525 Views)

See The Little Witch I Saw In My Apartment Today / The Chick That Refused To Go Away Is Now A Mother Hen / Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by PMB007: 2:44pm On Apr 10, 2021
slimcassi:
Mira is a native fowl, not a layer that it's sole purpose is to lay eggs.
I haven't seen/come across a native layer b4, have you?
Not sure - don't know much about poultry.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2021
Mira has been sneaking out to collect lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2021
But it's not possible for it to lay two eggs a day. It's one per day.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kaeboy:
Mira has been sneaking out to collect lipsrsealed
Lol, not the case.

Kaeboy:
But it's not possible for it to lay two eggs a day. It's one per day.
You're right
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
slimcassi:

Lol, not the case.

But one male must have been sneaking into the compound.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kaeboy:

But one male must have been sneaking into the compound.
There's a fence and a gate with barb-wire round it, nothing gets in from outside.

I guess it's the feeds I feed them with.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
slimcassi:

There's a fence and a gate with barb-wire round it, nothing gets in from outside.

I guess it's the feeds I feed them with.

You don't need to buy egg again then cheesy. Just one per day

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by prince2pac(m): 11:40pm On Apr 11, 2021
wow what a development... maybe because of the feed or some medi you give her, if really you do.... still confused here ooo.. and the eggs look more like poultry egg not normall breeding egg...
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 2:52am On Apr 12, 2021
prince2pac:
wow what a development... maybe because of the feed or some medi you give her, if really you do.... still confused here ooo.. and the eggs look more like poultry egg not normall breeding egg..
Haven't given them meds in a long time, feeds I guess.

Pics didn't really do justice to d eggs. Since it was layed by a native the eggs are really small compared to that of a Layer(poultry) the one u buy for consumption.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by prince2pac(m): 7:01am On Apr 12, 2021
slimcassi:

Haven't given them meds in a long time, feeds I guess.

Pics didn't really do justice to d eggs. Since it was layed by a native the eggs are really small compared to that of a Layer(poultry) the one u buy for consumption.
ok if they really small like a normal native fowl egg, then if she lays on them.. there is a likelihood they will hatch...

good morning boss✊✊❤️

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2021
prince2pac:
ok if they really small like a normal native fowl egg, then if she lays on them.. there is a likelihood they will hatch...

good morning boss✊✊❤️
The chances of her hatching the eggs are very slim, since she didn't cross a male chicken. I'll just watch and see what happens.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by prince2pac(m): 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2021
slimcassi:

The chances of her hatching the eggs are very slim, since she didn't cross a male chicken. I'll just watch and see what happens.
wow no encounter with cock... let's see what happens
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Makaveli217(m): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2021
Maybe Cindy is a cockerel in disguise

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Xmen149(m): 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
Makaveli217:

cindy might be a bobrisky chicken shocked

6 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Thattallgirl(f): 9:36am On Apr 17, 2021
It seems she's ready to mate and lay more eggs o... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by chukskafor(m): 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
slimcassi:

Don't waste your time waiting because nothing will happen, if it started laying already, that's as a result of maturity and a rooster could be handy right now for procreation circle to be effective; what you got there is table egg, period!
NB: now that the case is like this, before you rush out to get a rooster, it will do you more than good to crack the eggs and see if it is double yolked or single yolked since it was raised partially in an intensive system; thus if double yolked, you have to stop feeding them FINISHER which is high in protein and start feeding them growers and plenty of grains to correct the situation, after which you are good to go with introducing a matured rooster to them. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2021
Makaveli217:
Xmen149:

cindy might be a bobrisky chicken shocked
Lol
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 8:08am On Apr 18, 2021
chukskafor:
NB: now that the case is like this, before you rush out to get a rooster, it will do you more than good to crack the eggs and see if it is double yolked or single yolked since it was raised partially in an intensive system; thus if double yolked, you have to stop feeding them FINISHER which is high in protein and start feeding them growers and plenty of grains to correct the situation, after which you are good to go with introducing a matured rooster to them. Thanks
Thanks for ur input
About introducing a Rooster I already did although for the past 4days now there's not bin peace, Mira & Cindy keep chasing the two Roosters, don't want to see them at all. I know it's cus they're new to the environment.

Anyways about popping an egg dat wouldn't b necessary, I knew from tym the only thing I've done is change their food, more of rice and millet now.

Mira layed about 7eggs and she has started covering them and acting protective over them.

8 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by michealdeco: 10:11am On Apr 18, 2021
slimcassi:

none will hatch and she won't give up sitting on them either
So just take the eggs and let her be

She can sit on it for months waiting for it to hatch without knowing that nothing is in them.

3 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by michealdeco: 10:12am On Apr 18, 2021
slimcassi:
Something I Still Can't Explain Just Happened shocked

Besides Mira and Cindy there are no other male chicken at home atleast not up to the age of mating (My Cockerels).

Mira just layed two eggs today shocked
(E shock you abi)

How possible is it for a chicken to lay eggs without crossing? Was also told the egg will just b an ordinary egg, no chick inside even if she sits on it.

Cus all chicken will lay eggs with or without crossing

The difference is that nothing will form from this egg
And a chick when it is crossed with a Cock

5 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 10:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
michealdeco:

She can sit on it for months waiting for it to hatch without knowing that nothing is in them.
U're ryt, but let me leave her for now, a miracle might just happencheesy

She started covering 2day back so count down (21days) has started 19days to go, b4 I do the needful.

4 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by doubleE70: 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
wow mira has really grown oo
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by RightRoad: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
slimcassi:

U're ryt, but let me leave her for now, a miracle might just happencheesy

She started covering 2day back so count down (21days) has started 19days to go, b4 I do the needful.
Please, it's punishment to leave her there expecting a miracle. The eggs are not ferterlized.

I'm speaking from experiences, you would feel sorry for her after 21days passed and she's still sitting there.

4 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by chukskafor(m): 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
michealdeco:

I told him that earlier but it seems as if my mouth is smelling
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Ann2612(f): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2021
slimcassi:

How sure are u?
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by DumbGeek(m): 1:24pm On May 05, 2021
What the update on mira
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by prince2pac(m): 1:43am On May 12, 2021
Good day boss Slimcassi, how is Mira doing
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Ann2612(f): 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
Happy New month all. Pls update on Mira

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by imbiana617: 2:31am On Jun 05, 2021
okay
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
Boss, you don chop am?
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by kayswag100(m): 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2021
Kaeboy:
Boss, you don chop am?

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

World's Most Expensive Snake Is Lavender Albino Ball Python, Costs N14 Million / My Diary (From A Dog's POV) / The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.