Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) (76592 Views)

Messi Passes Batistuta As Argentina's All-time World Cup Top Scorer / Messi Hits Out At Referee, Says 'He Does It On Purpose' As Argentina Struggles / Messi Lifts The 2021 Copa America Trophy As Argentina Defeats Brazil (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 27, 2020
Whatever you do in life, do it so well to the best of your ability until you become nearly indispensable.

RIP to the great soccer player.

4 Likes

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by studentofTruth: 10:16am On Nov 27, 2020
Only a few people have gotten this kind of love from their people:

Winston Churchill
Mother Theresa
John Paul ii
Maradona de GFOAT

RIP Great Maradona!

1 Like

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by anonymous1759(m): 10:17am On Nov 27, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Messi is more loved than any footballer in Argentina?? is this a joke bro??

Those guys from Argentina view Maradona as a god, he made them famous in world football by 'almost single-handedly' winning them the world cup..

what has Messi done for Argentina?? Nothing.. to those Argentina folks, messi plays well for barca and never delivers for his country

Ask 10 guys from Argentina who is the GOAT, nine would likely pick Maradona..

Stop talking Trash Maradona Team mates supported him at is time unlike Messi.
Messi was the reason Higuain lost one on against Germany in the World Cup final same as palacio. Both players are Great . Messi has played 3 finals , all time Highest goal scorer in Argentina he did is best but luck denied him don't down play someone's success Maradona Rated Messi ahead of himself.

2 Likes

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by charlesm91(m): 10:17am On Nov 27, 2020
crowther15:

No until you are gone, people will not be so passionate about you. it is natural
Argentina have always been passionate about Maradona even when he was alive. it's only logical it'll be heightened now that he's no more.

1 Like

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by charlesm91(m): 10:19am On Nov 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

Messi was the reason Higuain lost one on against Germany in the World Cup final same as palacio. Both players are Great . Messi has played 3 finals , all time Highest goal scorer in Argentina he did is best but luck denied him don't down play someone's success Maradona Rated Messi ahead of himself.
story for the gods. better pray he wins them the wc or copa before he retires else na so so explain una go dey give for the rest of your lives.

4 Likes

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 10:20am On Nov 27, 2020
This kind person fit contest for president and win without stress!! May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:20am On Nov 27, 2020
Frightening at the love for Maradona.

1 Like

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:22am On Nov 27, 2020
Crazy.

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by peacekante: 10:23am On Nov 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

Oga quiet abeg. Maradona Argentina team was an average team compare to Messi Argentina. Maradona was the driving force. How can you ever compare Diego to Messi self. Maradona has 3 Copa America and 2 confederation cups compare to Messi with nothing for his counttry.

No one alive apart from possibly pele can be loved like Diego. Stop calling Messi because him never reach that level. He will not even reach self.

Diego is a god in Argentina. I would have flooded here with video of people crying all over Argentina. Diego is the institution while Messi is the student

6 Likes

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by MorataFC: 10:23am On Nov 27, 2020
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by prince2pac(m): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2020
nolywe:
RIP Diego...Death could have taken Lai Mohammed, Fashola, Tinubu, Oshomole, Wike, Amaechi, Nnamdi Kanu, and las las BuBu...coz Nigeria would be better without these people...No one would even bother to clash with the police during their funeral...
Men go de house de shayo, de happy

1 Like

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by Joker25: 10:28am On Nov 27, 2020
davillian:
I remember when abacha died
People celebrated his death...
There is another person people are waiting to celebrate his death...
Rip Diego
Don't worry I won't bench you again on pes2021

Na person wey don die abi which one again

����
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by lucky4west: 10:31am On Nov 27, 2020
God bless the Dead, i pray God 4give his sins, all these accolades Diego didnt get most of them while alive it so sad people are never really appreciated while alive....
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by GreatrAnalyst: 10:31am On Nov 27, 2020
This is what is called glory, he had flaws, yet he his star overshadowed his weaknesses
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by seanwiIIiam: 10:33am On Nov 27, 2020
Helpfromabove1:
Trump my man angry grin grin grin
you're a miserable Trump hater and a terrorist.
You must be from the head slammers religion
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by dermmy(m): 10:41am On Nov 27, 2020
Helpfromabove1:
Trump my man angry grin grin grin

The way Trump dey behave these days person no fit doubt this grin grin
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by sylve11: 10:42am On Nov 27, 2020
Journey well Diego Maradona.

I will personally always remember you... sad cool
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by GreatrAnalyst: 10:43am On Nov 27, 2020
peacekante:

Oga quiet abeg. Maradona Argentina team was an average team compare to Messi Argentina. Maradona was the driving force. How can you ever compare Diego to Messi self. Maradona has 3 Copa America and 2 confederation cups compare to Messi with nothing for his counttry.

No one alive apart from possibly pele can be loved like Diego. Stop calling Messi because him never reach that level. He will not even reach self.

Diego is a god in Argentina. I would have flooded here with video of people crying all over Argentina. Diego is the institution while Messi is the student

You are very very right.

Maradona is more adored than Messi.
Things that elevated him beyond human status are the achievements (for his Country for example), skills, and time/period. Time helped him because football has not become as this during their time, and because he was exceptionally good compared to the people of his time, he dwarfed all of them, unlike now that stars are very very many. Pele's generation was like 20 years before him, and till that time, the only person comparable to him was Pele himself. So their types were not many. Diego particularly led average teams to trophies. He was exceptional...despite his shortcomings, the glory still speaks!

Imagine if Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, etc didn't exist during this era, all the glory would have been for Messi alone.

1 Like

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 10:43am On Nov 27, 2020
Ayiinlla1:
I think he's more loved than messi

Messi still dey learn work for where Maradona dey cheesy
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by jaytime(m): 10:43am On Nov 27, 2020
Aaaah! Legend. He has left his footprint on the sand of time.
Farewell footballer extraordinaire.
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by endsarrrs(f): 10:43am On Nov 27, 2020
nolywe:
RIP Diego...Death could have taken Lai Mohammed, Fashola, Tinubu, Oshomole, Wike, Amaechi, Nnamdi Kanu, and las las BuBu...coz Nigeria would be better without these people...No one would even bother to clash with the police during their funeral...
Why do you people always forget to add JONATHAN G to the list na?! angry
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by mamato(f): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2020
Don't cry for me Argentina.............
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by endsarrrs(f): 10:48am On Nov 27, 2020
peacekante:

Choi! Okay i here you o. Make messi die then we go compare again or rate their remains sad RIP Maradona. My sympathy to Nigerias Maradona-IBB tongue
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by Josywhyte: 10:49am On Nov 27, 2020
peacekante:

Messi will never get half the love moradona gets from South America And possibly the world at large. Half the love. I repeat, half the love. In Argentina, Maradona is a god

Could be true...
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by Lashist(m): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2020
nolywe:
Even ikpeazu, adamu, uzodimma, rochas, and some other bastards
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by Seun360(m): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2020
15ssDRIVE:

The person wey dey Supply, Trump Colorado. The person get mind

He wasn't out of place though, he mistook Maradona for Madonna this singer.
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by petitejolie(f): 10:55am On Nov 27, 2020
Leun:
I can only wonder which Nigerian when God calls them home will have the nation weep for them in this fashion.
even me sef they wonder. None mehnnnnn...
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by Awoo88: 11:00am On Nov 27, 2020
The real GOAT!!! The man with more football in his right toe than Ronaldo and Messi combine
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by kendrick93(m): 11:01am On Nov 27, 2020
tesppidd:
Even a kid knows this.

Messi is more loved than every other footballer in Argentina.
All these indomie generation that Don't read or know history.
Don't try say this argentina or you might be skinned alive.
maradona was/is more than a man in Argentina.
he was an icon, a hero, a god.
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by kendrick93(m): 11:03am On Nov 27, 2020
peacekante:

Most of these fellas are ignorant..
They don't know history or facts.
Na only Facebook and Instagram dem sabi.
You are right, Diego is a symbol, a god in Argentina
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by chiiraq802(m): 11:06am On Nov 27, 2020
nolywe:

I just wish you the same thing you wish to them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Taribo West Is Holding A Crusade In Lagos This December!! / (Photos) Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready To Host Africa! / Cristiano Ronaldo Statue's Penis Is 'worn Out' Because Too Many Fans Grab It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.