Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” (17023 Views)

Betty Irabor Celebrates Her 64th Birthday (Photos) / Betty Irabor Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Victory Against Busola Dakolo / Psychic Medium: Basketmouth's Wife Had A Miscarriage, It Would Have Been A Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by LegendVibes: 6:40am On Nov 27, 2020
Founder and CEO of Genevieve Magazine Betty Irabor has revealed that she has had a Miscarriage, Igbere TV reports.

The 63-year-old disclosed this in a tweet while encouraging women to free themselves from the guilt it brings so that they can heal.

She also said the experience is nasty.

“I have had a miscarriage & a near miscarriage & the experience is bloody nasty. U blame ursef 4 what u cld or shld have done differently. D guilt consumes u,” she wrote on Thursday.

“Truth is, It’s not ur fault. U didn’t bring it upon urself. Try & set urself free from d guilt so u can begin to heal.”

https://twitter.com/BettyIrabor/status/1331881166308323329?s=20

Betty is the Editor-In-Chief of Genevieve Magazine founded in 2003.

She is married to Soni Irabor. They have two children.

3 Likes

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Calazoto: 6:48am On Nov 27, 2020
Na so
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by chatinent: 6:54am On Nov 27, 2020
True to an extent.

Most women who miscarried always blame sth they should have done.

Some others are workaholics who by over-working caused it.

Let's not talk about those whose husbands see them as punch-bags.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:28am On Nov 27, 2020
Shout-out to Every strong women out there,na we we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement

1 Like

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by salbis(m): 11:48am On Nov 27, 2020
Looks like she is in her mid or late 40's with this picture.

1 Like

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Romanoff(f): 11:48am On Nov 27, 2020
There is nothing that can be done about a miscarriage.

In most cases, a pregnancy ends in miscarriage due to chromosomal defects from either the sperm or the egg. The body recognizes it's not viable and ends it.

Sadly, most women don't like to talk about it because of comments like the one below me.

A loss is a loss, either as miscarriage, still birth or dead child.

Let people heal whichever way they want to.

Talking about it helps, getting support groups that will encourage you psychologically also helps.

There a reason Meghan Merkle talked about her latest miscarriage in July, it is a part of her healing process.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by pretydiva(f): 11:49am On Nov 27, 2020
Keep your personal/private life away from social media

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by dawnomike(m): 11:50am On Nov 27, 2020
It is really a traumatizing experience
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Dreyton36: 11:51am On Nov 27, 2020
Mtcheeeew

I no like to they see girls wey no get big breast
Big breast is life abeg

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by pickatyou2: 11:51am On Nov 27, 2020
Sorry about that
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by veekid(m): 11:51am On Nov 27, 2020
Not anyone's fault and there's nothing anyone can do to that ... Get over it and start fúcking raw again
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Beremx(f): 11:51am On Nov 27, 2020
I had same experience last two years. Na God save me sha. The blood I lost nearly took my life. For the first time, i saw my 3months old fetus being evacuated from my body.

Thank God for life

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 27, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by MozB: 11:53am On Nov 27, 2020
No woman deserves to go through a miscariage. Its a painful experience. Both physically and mentality...
But wait o! Did you people say this woman is above 60? Wow

4 Likes

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Collins0609(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2020
So true
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by TechCapon(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2020
I remember the day one babe had miscarriage in my house in the middle of the night, aah, fear catch me die that night. The only thing going on in my mind was what if this babe die for here, what people will say? Blood everywhere. I regret inviting her to my place that day. I don't wish that experience on my worst enemy. Women carry wahala I swear

3 Likes

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by memeguy: 11:53am On Nov 27, 2020
Sorry about the incident and Thank God for your life ma.
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by CelestineNelson: 11:54am On Nov 27, 2020
There are so many factors that can contribute to this, both physical, spiritual or anything... My little advice is women should be careful with life immediately they are human chronic gonadotropin positive

1 Like

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by temmypotter(m): 11:55am On Nov 27, 2020
I was reading through the comments with trepidation anticipating an ill thought comment from any of the many slowpokes on this forum, thankfully I haven't seen any.. let's keep it that way.. this is a sensitive topic

veekid:
Not anyone's fault and there's nothing anyone can do to that ... Get over it and start fúcking raw again

Alas, I was wrong.. you are a fool man

5 Likes

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Mindlog: 11:55am On Nov 27, 2020
Talking about it in a safe space, helps in the healing.
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Wahala4mods: 11:56am On Nov 27, 2020
Saddening
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by onoms4luv(m): 11:58am On Nov 27, 2020
You just have to set yourself free from the trauma that comes with it.
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Godpikin4real(f): 11:58am On Nov 27, 2020
Women are truly going through a lot in d course of childbearing.
Just yesterday, I lost a neighbour through miscarriage. She haz been bleeding since Wednesday morning when we've all gone to work. We came back in d evening, she didn't tell anybody anything thinking she could handle it. The bleeding became so severe dat she had 2 b rushed 2 d hospital. All d hospitals around, rejected her. By the time they took her 2 a general hospital, she had died.
That waz how she died leaving three children behind.

3 Likes

Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by endsarrrs(f): 11:59am On Nov 27, 2020
We know
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by atobs4real(m): 11:59am On Nov 27, 2020
true talk madam
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Ladokp: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2020
Sorry ma
Re: Betty Irabor: “I Once Had Miscarriage. It Was A Bloody Experience” by Jdesilentkiller(m): 11:59am On Nov 27, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

D'banj Gives Testimony In Winners Chapel Ota. / Eva Alordiah Is Dating Charly Boy's Son (PHOTOS/TWEETS) / See What Jim Iyke's Ex-girlfriend, Sandra Benede Did To Herself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.