Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? (239 Views)

Epidemic Looms In Ita'adu Over Open Defecation / Desist From Using Ordinary Water For Hand-washing After Defecation – Unicef Warn / India And Not Nigeria Is The Worlds Capital Of Open Defecation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? by Jollylolly(f): 10:23am On Nov 27, 2020
I remember when I was in boarding school, the toilets were very terrible, I’m sure a lot of people can relate. Because of the condition of the toilets a lot of people used to do “shot-put” (defecating inside nylon and throwing it) then they will throw it in the next compound or an uncompleted building.

In many cases we end up destroying those buildings and polluting our environment without knowing it. And this behavior has followed some of us to adulthood, to the extent that people stop by the road or in bushes to defecate, a very un-hygienic behavior.

So I heard that Osinbajo just launched “Clean Nigeria: Use The Toilet Campaign” and I’m like wow that man is indeed all rounder.

He has put everything in consideration because I’m sure there is a bigger picture with this which includes enhancing social inclusion and reducing poverty as well as expanding business growth and entrepreneurship.

Some people will ask, how can using a toilet reduce poverty? Oya, let me explain. In rural areas, Dignified Mobile Toilets (DMT) can be built there by providing social inclusion and reducing poverty. The companies that establish these DMTs in those areas will have to hire people to manage their DMTs.

A lot of people in the neighborhood will gain employment and that is one way of reducing poverty. Secondly, they will have more confidence and rest of mind using a toilet instead of nylon.

Chai this our VP no go school for nothing, sense plenty jare.
Re: When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? by Yenefer(f): 10:27am On Nov 27, 2020
U mean in south east and south south
Re: When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? by donbachi(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2020
Public toilet business will be very lucrative.imagine having some in lagos,kano,onitsha and ph.due to the nonsense most nigerians eats..they shiit anyhow.
Re: When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? by Elvictor: 10:38am On Nov 27, 2020
Yenefer:

have you been to South South?
Re: When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? by Elvictor: 10:38am On Nov 27, 2020
Jollylolly:

I remember when I was in boarding school, the toilets were very terrible, I’m sure a lot of people can relate. Because of the condition of the toilets a lot of people used to do “shot-put” (defecating inside nylon and throwing it) then they will throw it in the next compound or an uncompleted building.

In many cases we end up destroying those buildings and polluting our environment without knowing it. And this behavior has followed some of us to adulthood, to the extent that people stop by the road or in bushes to defecate, a very un-hygienic behavior.

So I heard that Osinbajo just launched “Clean Nigeria: Use The Toilet Campaign” and I’m like wow that man is indeed all rounder.

He has put everything in consideration because I’m sure there is a bigger picture with this which includes enhancing social inclusion and reducing poverty as well as expanding business growth and entrepreneurship.

Some people will ask, how can using a toilet reduce poverty? Oya, let me explain. In rural areas, Dignified Mobile Toilets (DMT) can be built there by providing social inclusion and reducing poverty. The companies that establish these DMTs in those areas will have to hire people to manage their DMTs.

A lot of people in the neighborhood will gain employment and that is one way of reducing poverty. Secondly, they will have more confidence and rest of mind using a toilet instead of nylon.

Chai this our VP no go school for nothing, sense plenty jare.

nonsense and Osinbajo
Re: When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? by Y0rubakwe: 10:39am On Nov 27, 2020
Yenefer:

Open defecation can never leave the south west. They are too primitive. It has already been interwoven to their culture. Very disgusting people. These miscreants are turning their land into a shithole. grin

Cc saintbishop

Pictures below of the main profession in the west.

Re: When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? by Rugaria: 10:44am On Nov 27, 2020
The thing should be declared a national disaster! You are driving along a very busy road and you glance at the roadside, there, a full grown man has just zipped down, uncoiling a very weird abunna and starts urinating! Right there infront of every body. Shit everywhere. The whole thing is a big problem..
Re: When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? by doggedfighter(f): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2020
They have turned the thread to tribal war already
Re: When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? by Jollylolly(f): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2020
doggedfighter:
They have turned the thread to tribal war already

Imagine that!

1 Like

Re: When Will We Take Open Defecation Seriously? by Bkayyy: 11:09am On Nov 27, 2020
I doesn't concern us. You can't take something that is some people's way of life serious.
Open defecation is South wests culture.
No diss intended

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Causes Watery Semen And Quick Release? / Snake Invasion / How To Easily Overcome Diabetes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.