Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,288 members, 7,780,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:46 PM

How To Generate RSS Feed For Your Django Website - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Generate RSS Feed For Your Django Website (204 Views)

Created And Deployed My First Django Website. / How To Develop A Django Website Using Your Phone / See My Awesome Python And Django Website, Pls Review It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Generate RSS Feed For Your Django Website by OlamigokePhilip: 10:58am On Nov 27, 2020
RSS —Really Simple Syndication: is used to syndicate or subscribe to the feed of a website, blog or almost any media content that is updated online. RSS allows for easier aggregation of content and new updates from your blog/website to your readers without necessarily visiting the web page for content.

The basic idea of RSS was developed in early 1995 when Ramanathan V. Guha and others in Apple Computer’s Advanced Technology Group developed the Meta Content Framework.

Setting up RSS Feed in your Django app
Navigate to your project directory, create a new file and name it feeds.py

In the below sample code, I am fetching articles from the database of [url]olaphils.com[/url] I implemented three methods: item, item_title, item_description

(For best reading experience) CONTINUE READING ON MY BLOG

or
READ POST ON MEDIUM

(1) (Reply)

Cybersecurity And Ceh Training / Instagram Account (4,000+ Followers) For Quick Sale / An Article To Teach You All About Eye Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.