Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (59835 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2020
lefulefu2:
but when you have given your phone number and email address to companies you have apllied for jobs ur contact is no longer private nau.See it pays to be polite.Best thing to do if it was a weirdo chyking her is to block the line or cut the call.You donmt just start raving without any provocation at the person on the other end.Anyway she has anger issues and such a person would have a problem holding a job where u interract with customers.
You are quite right. May God help her with her search

5 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
Humanoid01:

Every organization has their peculiar management system. This goes as far as recruitment exercises. In this case, I think there's nothing wrong with their method. Sometimes, you have to disguise to know who people really are.

The disguise here was necessary, because the employer himself had a firsthand experience of how she relates with people. If he had gone directly, she would have passed and it would take a while before her real attitude shows forth. Who knows how much damage she would do before that happens?
It is well. All the same, I wish her good luck in her search for a job.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Humanoid01(m): 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
It is well. All the same, I wish her good luck in her search for a job.
Lol we don't even know if that chat is real in the first place, but this should be a lesson to all job seekers.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Barristter07: 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
Some guys who always vex if there GF act nice to a strange number sef go come here and condemn the girl for her manners.

As much as the girl has faults, insecure men contributed to this menace , cos to this set of men, it's a GF that's rude to other guys chatting her up, that is loyal.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2020
Humanoid01:

Lol we don't even know if that chat is real in the first place, but this should be a lesson to all job seekers.
That one dey. But I have learnt a lot from this topic.

Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by flames007(m): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
I do support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.
Maybe that was the whole aim of doing that through whatsapp. It was a test and she failed in flying colours

5 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 2:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
flames007:
Maybe that was the whole aim of doing that through whatsapp. It was a test and she failed in flying colours
We cannot say for sure.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by flames007(m): 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
One mistake im confident of not making is replying rudely to a strange number on whatsapp! It could be anybody for crying out loud!Be nice and let them state the purpose why they came ans respond accordingly!

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Agricaddict(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
I do support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.

Who does that
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2020
Agricaddict:

Who does that
Baba people dey o. Because say you dey use right drink garri nor mean say everybody must use right hand. Every man with him own reaction
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by sukhothai: 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
Very very annoying question..

Even if God decides to invite us all to heaven through phone call.. Some nigerian girls would still ask Him how He got their number

10 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Sunshyne200(m): 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances

Ogbeni any job seeker wey Don submit application suppose dey expect unknown number.

Except na family and friends you give your CV to.

She is just rude

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Sunshyne200(m): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
Humanoid01:

Every organization has their peculiar management system. This goes as far as recruitment exercises. In this case, I think there's nothing wrong with their method. Sometimes, you have to disguise to know who people really are.

The disguise here was necessary, because the employer himself had a firsthand experience of how she relates with people. If he had gone directly, she would have passed and it would take a while before her real attitude shows forth. Who knows how much damage she would do before that happens?

Imagine if given the job and she is to deal with the company's customers who might not inform her before contacting her.

I am rest assured, all the customers would run away

15 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
Sunshyne200:

Ogbeni any job seeker wey Don submit application suppose dey expect unknown number.

Except na family and friends you give your CV to.

She is just rude
Her response is rude, yes. But you should also know that under the circumstances, different people would behave differently. Which is why (from my own opinion) the company should have briefed her on the method they would use to contact her.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Dayoebe(m): 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
Good riddance!
I would have blocked her when she said 'hu gave you my num'
Some ladies are mannerless just because they get yansh and breast

12 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Bennysam: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
See your life wait let them come to your house and informed you

5 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Bennysam: 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
This is your OWN response. And not everyone will act the way you would under a given situation. Remember that
Anyone that don’t this way is mannerless
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Buzx: 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
Her response is rude, yes. But you should also know that under the circumstances, different people would behave differently. Which is why (from my own opinion) the company should have briefed her on the method they would use to contact her.

Whether the company briefs her on the method or not, the fact is that she's rude and her reply will still be the same. She applied the previous month, and It would not cross her mind that it's someone from the company, so it's the same outcome either way.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Standing5(m): 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
OscarJaden:
A lady identified as Mary who applied as an intern in a firm last month lost the job because of the way she replied the interviewer unknowingly on Whatsapp.

The interviewer greeted her but before he could introduce himself, she was already blasting him with questions. Even when he tried to calm her down, she refused.

in her words:Wat nonsense, don’t tell me 2 calm down. Who is this?
I support her. The interviewer should have introduced himself/herself straight away. Don't tell people who don't know you to calm down.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2020
The job was not meant for her. Forget it. When something is yours, it doesn't matter what you do or don't do, you'll get it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
Bennysam:

See your life wait let them come to your house and informed you
I am sorry to say this , but Nigeria and poverty, has made you, and a lot of folks out there, have this slave-like mentality.

Many of you no longer know your rights, hence you are cheated on a daily basis.

And let me tell you this up front : no company has the right to toss information to applicants without giving a specified mean of notification to successful applicants.

Even as whacked as N-power was, they still tell applicants they would be reached via SMS(a specified method of communication).

So what this company did(in my own opinion )was was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by candygist: 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:

You can actually assist her by employing her grin. Since you support her redness

27 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
Bennysam:

Anyone that don’t this way is mannerless
...not really. We all behave differently under different circumstances
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Chizzychinny: 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
What kinda abbreviation she even use. 'Hu'

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by DukeJoe17: 4:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
Perfectsouth:
Just this afternoon, a lady was inside the hot sun and I took pity on her, she was waiting for a bike..
A bike man was gesturing to her maybe she is going.. About four people were trying to tell her and though she heard clearly, she looked away..
The bike man went to meet her and told her we've been trying to tell her there is a bike here, it was then she looked at us and was trying to apologize.
We all gave her Waka shege..
So many uncouth and untrained ladies out there..
A food seller of about 13yrs of age was selling food and she said something way way above her age then someone asked her who she was talking to, she said 'ELEYI' meaning this one..
She was referring to someone of about 45years of age as eleyi

They think that the world is revolving around their kpekus SMH

They've suffered alot in the other room and they are tire with life.lol

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Sunshyne200(m): 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:

Seems you aren't in Nigeria and probably schooled abroad.

Here, the company is doing you a favour in employing you and if you see the post she is applying for "intern", I am sure they aren't ready to invest so much for internship.

When I was seeking job, to be on a safe side, I dedicated one of my line to anything job, CV etc.

So any calls, text or contacts I get from that line, is probably job-related.

9 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2020
genitori:

It's true, but you know the context of conversation matters a lot.

In a formal context, I speak correctly but in an informal context ( with my close friends or relatives) I even speak in pidgin English.
Pidgin is different from intentionally misspelling and shortening words.No be Pidgin be dis?You can't come and type 'hu z dis' which is a misspelling of 'who is this' when you can just say 'who be dis' to actually make it Pidgin.You get?

14 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by muller101(m): 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
And her rudeness took her to where? See how she was pleading like an helpless slave at the end.

17 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 4:34pm On Nov 27, 2020
muller101:
And her rudeness took her to where? See how she was pleading like an helpless slave at the end.
Funny... grin

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Kondomatic(m): 4:34pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances
Dude, how is receiving whatsapp messages from unknown person a breach of privacy and security?

Must we find excuse for everything?

"Hello, good evening Mary."

This here shows that the sender know her a little.

The best rude response should be "Good evening, please who is this"?

Not "Hu is dis" followed by "how did you get my number"

Call a spade a spade.

5n is not a response to good evening in any language on earth and there's nothing "nonsense" in being told to calm down.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by womenareapes: 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2020
Perfectsouth:
Bro, if you message me on WhatsApp irrespective of who you are, I will first greet you sir or MA.
Cos I will want to believe for you to have my number, you must have gotten it from someone or somewhere
Naija women doesn't reason like this! they got insect in there brains!

I have got some jobs through whatapp message with unknown number

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Sameazy15: 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2020
Na her village people's work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Skye Bank Plc Graduate Entry Level Job Recruitment 2018 / 2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.