Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (59827 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Oluwaseun2020(m): 8:48am On Nov 28, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
Looks like she was in a bad mood.
not bad mood...
thats how girls even ignore people in dm...
not knowing who they are...
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by playcharles(m): 8:49am On Nov 28, 2020
Same way a lady sent a whatapps message:

Lady: Hi

Me: Hello

Lady: Who is this?

Me: angry

Lady: Why did you use such Emoji

Me: 'who is this' doesn't sound nice, moreover I don't know you, you texted first.

Lady: who is this by the way

Me: madam if we never share money together or it's not about sharing money, Oya delete my number

Lady: ok

I don't tolerate nonsense on my platform.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by naijadrivablog: 8:49am On Nov 28, 2020
Your good ATTITUDE is your ALTITUDE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances

Your number is not a private thing such as your name and identity. You can receive call or message from anywhere as a citizen of a country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Benediction777: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2020
OscarJaden:
A lady identified as Mary who applied as an intern in a firm last month lost the job because of the way she replied the interviewer unknowingly on Whatsapp.

The interviewer greeted her but before he could introduce himself, she was already blasting him with questions. Even when he tried to calm her down, she refused.

in her words:Wat nonsense, don’t tell me 2 calm down. Who is this?

Attitude is everything.. Sister Mary Ntoooor!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:50am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances

"Hello, good evening, Mary"

"Hello, please, to whom am I speaking?"

It's called courtesy, and she hasn't given anything away.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by fineboynl(m): 8:50am On Nov 28, 2020
there is only one thing on their mind when they sees a stranger. you want to Bleep or ask them out. it's a bad orientation and program.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Pauladex(m): 8:50am On Nov 28, 2020
The same way I contacted a guy who advertised piglet on nairaland sometimes ago, I was trying to connect him with a man who just established piggry and he was forming big man. I quickly apologized and look for another person who got contract to supply 30 about to cross. That was how the guy losses over 1m contract.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by KosiGee(m): 8:51am On Nov 28, 2020
MedicH:

It is a part of interview. Your interviewers take you unawares to see exactly what you're made of. It is called a drill and you're not expected to be informed. When new doctors and nurses are employed in our emergence/accident unit maybe as interns or something, sometimes an ambulance will blare siren and pull up at the unit and those new guys will be monitored to evaluate how they apply all they have been thought with respect to their job. If you make mistake there, you might as well be denied. That's a test, and a drill.

Are you a medic? What has this scenario got to do with a mushroom company with dodgy management using such means and manners to reach a potential employee?
That wasn’t professional in any shape or form.

Even at that, they should have just sent a proper message showing sender(name of company) and name of sender and the message.

A company shouldn’t barge into someone’s WhatsApp with ‘hi’. You don’t do that.

By the way, except your workplace comes to your house or bedroom window blaring siren and expecting you to jump out prepared and hop in, your analogy doesn’t make sense.

Fire dept also do what you explained but at workplace...to test alertness and how fast you get ready.
It’s done at emergency depts of hospital as test to prepare staff and all relevant multidisciplinary team to get ready.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 8:51am On Nov 28, 2020
phorget:

Then you are not qualify to be an employer.
Do you expect an examiner to expose his question to his students before even asking such question?
Interview can come in any form bro.
...then what is the purpose of interviewing a person...? undecided
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Erojepromise(f): 8:51am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Oga, in saner climes, there is what we call a "Standard Procedure" of recruitment.

This is done by companies with an organised structure on ground and most of these companies (except you are running a mushroom company ) have this standard procedure for REACHING out to applicants. It can be through SMS, WhatsApp, Social media, Newspapers etc.

These companies will notify you(the applicant) prior to when the outcome of the interview is out.

And not through impromptu tactics being done here by this...this...chai! I do not know even know what to call this company sef.
l heard she was called thrice before the chat on WhatsApp but she didn't pick up and still didn't return the call, they must have probably called to inform her of the procedure to be used.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:52am On Nov 28, 2020
To my own understanding, she must be an olosho.

olosho who receives numerous chats from different guys and while some of the guys are unserious, the serious ones are offering her 2k-3k for overnight banging romp... and she finds these offers annoying.

her reactions have proven her to be such an olosho with these experiences, cos to her, that Mr. man was one of the unserious 2k-3k pussy seekers.

thanx.

7 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by MedicH: 8:52am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
[s] I know your have a slave-like mentality that loves denying you of rights as a person. It is okay, such is expected from typical shitholian slaves of Nigeria.

Rights? You drop your contacts to a hiring company and they think they should chose a medium to contact you for further interviews and it is not their right to inform you of the next step. Or they should tell you first before they text you on WhatsApp. But tell you how, it's not their right to call you, text you, email you, oh lol they go appear in ur dream and tell you they will text you on WhatsApp so you be informed prior to. Lol dumb. No wonder there are a lot of poor people in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by OwenJesse27(m): 8:52am On Nov 28, 2020
no body deserved this kind of reply he suit her ...nonsense t
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 8:52am On Nov 28, 2020
KosiGee:

Are you a medic? What has this scenario got to do with a mushroom company with dodgy management using such means and manners to reach a potential employee?

Even at that, they should have just sent a proper message showing sender(name of company) and name of sender and the message.

By the way, except your workplace comes to your house or bedroom window blaring siren and expecting you to jump out prepared and hop in, your analogy doesn’t make sense.

Fire dept also do what you explained but at workplace...to test alertness and how fast you get ready.
It’s done at emergency depts of hospital as test to prepare staff and all relevant multidisciplinary team to get ready.
Thank you jare. This is what a lot of folks here don't understand.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2020
My question is.
Is there any proof the guy also messaged guys applying to this role at similar time?
Why should a guy message a lady and had to wait for her response before stating his message?
The girl better prepare herself for better roles and not these stupid guys snooping on her in WhatsApp.
nonsense
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by bluefilm: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

Home training matters a lot.

No excuses for lacking good manners at all, no matter who or where you are.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by ringi82(m): 8:53am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Nothing natural about her response sir. The appropriate way to respond would have been, ' good afternoon' , and' sorry, may I know whom I'm chatting with. That's courteous way of responding

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by JIREN01: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
For a graphics job? I do not think so.
Be that as it may, one as an employee would definitely be required to interact with fellow workers and even clients in the course of practice. I'm sure you wouldn't recruit someone with such poor level of interpersonal relationship into your organisation. That was uncultured and rude. On top wetin, on top "Good evening Mary" and "Calm down and hear me out please" ? sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Indispensable85(m): 8:53am On Nov 28, 2020
Mannerless ladies everywhere.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 8:54am On Nov 28, 2020
bluefilm:

Home training matters a lot.

No excuses for lacking good manners at all, no matter who or where you are.
Home training has nothing to do with incompetent employers
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by MaziIgwe007: 8:55am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
You are right, but to judge her by this alone would not be fair. Remember, there are good people out there who cherish their privacy and may respond rudely if that privacy is touched.

If she cherishes her privacy so much, she should have remained indoors and shouldn't have applied for the job.

if it's urgent 2ƙ girls will know how to be courtesy.

and why did she apologize when the guy explained himself??

let's not condone reckless stupidity.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Sylverly(m): 8:55am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
breach on what! So, Dms are only for people that know you?

Learn to receive, filter then accept or Discard. The truth is, most of you supporting her manner of communication can't even accept her in your family business as a representative

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 8:55am On Nov 28, 2020
[s]
MedicH:

Rights? You drop your contacts to a hiring company and they think they should chose a medium to contact you for further interviews and it is not their right to inform you of the next step. Or they should tell you first before they text you on WhatsApp. But tell you how, it's not their right to call you, text you, email you, oh lol they go appear in ur dream and tell you they will text you on WhatsApp so you be informed prior to. Lol dumb. No wonder there are a lot of poor people in Nigeria
[/s] The empathy and consideration do mean anything to you...abi?
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by ChampagneF(m): 8:56am On Nov 28, 2020
Perfectsouth:
even if dem Wan toast her, there is a way she can respond maturely.
Exactly, her reply was ive been waiting for this which means clearly that she knew that they would contact her through whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Equal2DeTask(m): 8:56am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
This is your OWN response. And not everyone will act the way you would under a given situation. Remember that

Dat lady na your type
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by zoomman(m): 8:56am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I do support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.
Na dem....calming down is the key.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Oga, in saner climes, there is what we call a "Standard Procedure" of recruitment.

This is done by companies with an organised structure on ground and most of these companies (except you are running a mushroom company ) have this standard procedure for REACHING out to applicants. It can be through SMS, WhatsApp, Social media, Newspapers etc.

These companies will notify you(the applicant) prior to when the outcome of the interview is out.

And not through impromptu tactics being done here by this...this...chai! I do not know even know what to call this company sef.

.oga I will indulge you to go and establish ur company and do it in standard procedure, company can choose whatever for or platform to interview.

Sometimes ago, a big company want to recruit, on the day of interview, they gathered all applicants in one auditorium for long time without attending to them, wen it was like 2 hours after they gathered without attending to them, one guy came out among the applicants to address them and he admonished them to sit properly and them to maintain decorum, when he was arranging them, 3 other guys joined him to arrange them, after they have been arranged, human resources manager came out and told them, that they should be going because interviews had been conducted.

The guy and other 3 guys who arranged them were selected, the 4 guys were arranging other applicants not knowing CCTVs had been installed in the auditorium, the company want to select employees who can be team managers and the one guys fitted into it
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by MedicH: 8:56am On Nov 28, 2020
KosiGee:

Pls they didn't test her alertness to emergency. They tested her on the grounds of customer relations which I've understood is a rocket science word for Nigerians. Truly this company understands that customer is king so she's just not suitable. because if I have need for this company and one way or the other I pick up this intern's complimentary card, text her number on WhatsApp and get this reply, I will forward the entire screenshot to her manager and paint a very grotesque picture in writing that will get her fired in 5 seconds. That's just what the company has done before things spoil for them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 8:57am On Nov 28, 2020
Sylverly:
breach on what! So, Dms are only for people that know you?

Learn to receive, filter then accept or Discard. The truth is, most of you supporting her manner of communication can't even accept her in your family business as a representative
You are making narrow minded assumptions here. And secondly, what will in cost the company to give successful candidates a prior notification? Can you tell me... undecided
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Talib93(m): 8:58am On Nov 28, 2020
FAKE NEWS!!!

OscarJaden:
A lady identified as Mary who applied as an intern in a firm last month lost the job because of the way she replied the interviewer unknowingly on Whatsapp.

The interviewer greeted her but before he could introduce himself, she was already blasting him with questions. Even when he tried to calm her down, she refused.

in her words:Wat nonsense, don’t tell me 2 calm down. Who is this?
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by MedicH: 8:58am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] The empathy and consideration do mean anything to you...abi?

Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Skye Bank Plc Graduate Entry Level Job Recruitment 2018 / 2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.