Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (59753 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Adesammy01(m): 9:12am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I do support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.
Na them
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Born2Breed(f): 9:12am On Nov 28, 2020
OscarJaden:
A lady identified as Mary who applied as an intern in a firm last month lost the job because of the way she replied the interviewer unknowingly on Whatsapp.

The interviewer greeted her but before he could introduce himself, she was already blasting him with questions. Even when he tried to calm her down, she refused.

in her words:Wat nonsense, don’t tell me 2 calm down. Who is this?

Good for her.

People should learn how to be courteous.

It takes nothing away from us. All these CeeceTachaErica attribute only dey pay for BBN.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by phorget(m): 9:13am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
...then what is the purpose of interviewing a person...? undecided

The interview is a conversation in which you and an employer exchange information. Your objective is to get an offer of a job, and the employer's objective is to find out the following: What you have to offer (your skills, abilities, basic knowledge). Who you are (your personality, character, interests).

From the above I think you should be able to deduce that characters are also very vital in employment scheme. If an employee can be so rude if in a mere phone conversation/chat then how do you expect him/her to deal with the clients in the said organization.

I once worked in a hotel and I saw what my coworkers were doing. They attend specially to clients that hand them tips while clients that will only pay for the services rendered to them without giving out any tip were been treated like a nobody. That is how bad those type of employees can be.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by miketayo(m): 9:13am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
True, but the company should have been more specific on the method of communication. Some people cherish their privacy above ambition

regardless, hear the person out first. it could be ur uncle or cousin or even a friend that lost your number, not everyone is trying to hit on you

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Angelfrost(m): 9:13am On Nov 28, 2020
The mere fact that she uses shorthand says a lot... Like who uses stuff like '5n', 'hu', 'wat', etc, in this day and age??!...

Many youths of today need to learn courtesy fast... Bunch of disrespectful little cunts!!!

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 9:14am On Nov 28, 2020
sweetmelanin:

Come, what exactly is your problem? Are you lacking in basic comprehension skills? Didn't you read where they tried to call her on numerous occasions but she failed to pick up?
You're starting to sound like a broken record with your numerous replies. Just keep shut and stop embarrassing yourself.
My basic problem with you is that you lack the necessary exposure to know what right from what is wrong. My replies do not support her rudeness, no. They are merely throwing light on the loopholes the company failed to put in place in its recruitment process.

In saner climes, this company would have been sued. But since this 9ja, and a lot of you enjoy eating shit, then who am I to complain.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by sylve11: 9:15am On Nov 28, 2020
Perfectsouth:
Just this afternoon, a lady was inside the hot sun and I took pity on her, she was waiting for a bike..
A bike man was gesturing to her maybe she is going.. About four people were trying to tell her and though she heard clearly, she looked away..
The bike man went to meet her and told her we've been trying to tell her there is a bike here, it was then she looked at us and was trying to apologize.
We all gave her Waka shege..
So many uncouth and untrained ladies out there..
A food seller of about 13yrs of age was selling food and she said something way way above her age then someone asked her who she was talking to, she said 'ELEYI' meaning this one..
She was referring to someone of about 45years of age as eleyi

you don see am finish o, my brother....... sad cool
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Let me ask you a question : is this form of recruitment just?

100% alright and that's why we are struggling economically. Everybody is feeling superior to others. Nobody wants to be obedient follower.

Ur oga will do what you want or what oga wants?
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by focus7: 9:16am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Talk with sense jare
It doesn't matter if you don't found sense in what I said but someone definitely found sense in it
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Etinosa1234: 9:17am On Nov 28, 2020
The same people defending this gal will still reject her if she applies for a job in their company on the same grounds

Hypocrites

6 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by dazzlingd(m): 9:17am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I do support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.
So is this how she will represent the company or disgrace the company when a potential client chats her up..

Shes dumb and u arent serious with this comment

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 28, 2020
Karleb:

Even though Mary here messed up badly but what you narrated here isn't a proper interview process.

It should be frowned at.

As a job seeker you are the one who will prepare for any circumstance that can come up. And more reasons why many graduates are unable to be employed, they went to institutions just to get papers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Barristter07: 9:19am On Nov 28, 2020
stacyadams:

Try do uber driving work for one week,u will c all types of mannerlss Girls, ,,so many problems wit our girls this time around

This is serious

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by dazzlingd(m): 9:20am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances

Pls don't teach people around u bad manners

Someone greeted good evening mary...a sensible person will reply with sense
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by dazzlingd(m): 9:20am On Nov 28, 2020
Perfectsouth:
Bro, if you message me on WhatsApp irrespective of who you are, I will first greet you sir or MA.
Cos I will want to believe for you to have my number, you must have gotten it from someone or somewhere

Can u imagine, pls leave that guy, he is not okay
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Angelfrost(m): 9:20am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
This is your OWN response. And not everyone will act the way you would under a given situation. Remember that

Every well brought up and courteous individual with a modicum of sense should respond civilly even to a perceived enemy...

Please, stop the excuses!!!... Rudeness in any form should be far from an educated person.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by SHEYITAINMENT(m): 9:20am On Nov 28, 2020
that's how dey behave asif pesin wan toast dem or ask dem out abeg rest of you continue this manner ooooo e no go beta 4 una if u don't stop

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by EgunMogaji2: 9:20am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances

I find this to be ridiculous.

She’s looking for a job so she should expect to have calls from unknown numbers.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:21am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

He said please calm down and hear me out, very good listener would hear that person out. In life, be a good listener, sometimes, just listen to all the person have to say, if it doesn’t make sense, you block, life no pass like that.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by coolcentbigman(m): 9:21am On Nov 28, 2020
SmellySperm:

bro she should have at least calm down to hear the guy first instead of the unnecessary rant,that's ill manner

That's truth bro and don't see any reason to defend the lady, she was uncultured and ill manner. No sensible person will offer such person job on his/her company because customer satisfaction comes first and she has shown she is not ready for job.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by oluwoleife: 9:21am On Nov 28, 2020
Same way I called a lady just to get her contact details while preparing her letter of appointment after she had come for the interview.

Upon mentioning the name of the organization......she still asked 'what do you need my address for?'

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 9:21am On Nov 28, 2020
phorget:

The interview is a conversation in which you and an employer exchange information. Your objective is to get an offer of a job, and the employer's objective is to find out the following: What you have to offer (your skills, abilities, basic knowledge). Who you are (your personality, character, interests).

From the above I think you should be able to deduce that characters are also very vital in employment scheme. If an employee can be so rude if in a mere phone conversation/chat then how do you expect him/her to deal with the clients in the said organization.

I once worked in a hotel and I saw what my coworkers were doing. They attend specially to clients that hand them tips while clients that will only pay for the services rendered to them without giving out any tip were been treated like a nobody. That is how bad those type of employees can be.
Bros, no offense but it seems you do not even know the meaning of an interview.

FYI, and interview is any face-to-face meeting, especially of an official nature. What is done here is not an interview ; it is incompetence modified as an interview. undecided
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Etinosa1234: 9:22am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
...then what is the purpose of interviewing a person...? undecided

The energy u spend in defending this gal, why don't u use it to employ the gal in ur company(after all u are an employer) and see how ur company will go after a year with her "good" manners and special privacy..

Mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Amozever12: 9:22am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Even at that. Courtesy demands you should be civil in conversation with ppl. How can u start insulting somone you don't know. There is no excuse for such stupidity or stupid act.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Amozever12: 9:23am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Even at that, courtesy demands you should be civil in conversation with ppl. How can u start insulting somone you don't know. There is no excuse for such stupidity or stupid act.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by BlueAir: 9:23am On Nov 28, 2020
angry Oga u have nothing sensible to defend! Or are u open to hiring hooligans and illed manners people by opposing the companys failure to notify the unruly woman of how they'll reach her??! Even if they let her know and she composes herself and she gets d job,do u think she'll always compose and hide her animalistic manners?! Or when was the last time u entered a bank or government institutions! angry If u had entered recently,u would know that those female white and black crap wearers are arrogant of their meagre job and pay..make I no say prostitutesss by opportunity
Jashub:
Baba, I am not giving excuses here ; I am only stating the loopholes the company failed to put in place in their recruitment excercise. How do I know? Because I am an employer too.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 9:23am On Nov 28, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I find this to be ridiculous.

She’s looking for a job so she should expect to have calls from unknown numbers.
Change your mentality please.

In saner climes, is this how the recruitment process is?

Why must we continue to embrace rubbish we know we cannot handle
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by SmartyPants(m): 9:25am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

Receiving a text is not a breach of privacy. Phone numbers are meant for communication and in the old days, you would have phone number bera listed in publicly accessible phone books.

Now even if she views such as an intrusion, all she had to do was wait to hear him out and then react.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Damian10(m): 9:25am On Nov 28, 2020
serves her right, silly girls always thinking there are coming for their middle
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by stacyadams: 9:26am On Nov 28, 2020
Barristter07:

This is serious
grin grin

YEAH bro ,, just try drive around and see for yourself grin grin

Unfortunately for them, they think they RE doing me ,but they RE doing themselves,,Las Las na Shiloh they them end and start blaming village people...
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by hajimutex1: 9:27am On Nov 28, 2020
God punish anybody who fault what the man did to the young lady that is not good, next time she I'll learn from that, how can you be telling your employer way you should be interview, I think a foolish fellow like she is will learn from this immoral behavior next time not everybody chat you or call is there for your useless body you carry around. idiot.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by deemuller(m): 9:27am On Nov 28, 2020
no courtesy at all, some ladies sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

She Was Asked To Masturbate In Exchange For An Interview Invite / AB Microfinance Bank Test Tomorrow / 2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.