Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord (1461 Views)

Akpodoro Fumes As Aso Rock ‘Bans’ Ex-Militants Over Asari Dokubo’s Visit / Buhari's N66 Million Aso Rock Rent, N45 Million Sewerage Charges Raise Eyebrows / Nigeria Pays N400.1 million Naira As Rent For Aso Rock Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by LatestTori4Town: 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2020

Aso Rock Rent is being paid to a mysterious landlord
The 2021 State House budget, as in previous years, has earmarked N66.6 million as payment for ‘residential rent’, a provision that many Nigerians have described as ‘suspicious’ with questions on if, indeed, Aso Rock is on rent.

By 2021, total money paid as rent for Aso Rock residential quarters will exceed N400 million as questions remain on who the mystery landlord is.

In 2016, following an outcry on the same item in the budget, former Head of State, and also the first occupant of Aso Rock, Ibrahim Babangida, lent his voice to criticism of the residential rent provision, asking the Nigerian government to explain who exactly are the landlords.

“I built Aso Rock and I wonder who the current Landlord is. I read a certain N22M for the payment of Aso Rock rent. Rent to who, Me or GEJ?” Babangida asked in 2016.

Aso Rock Presidential Villa was constructed in October 13, 1989, by Ibrahim Babaginda, following a 1976 proclamation by the Military Government of Murtala Mohammed for a more central state capital.

Although the controversy precedes President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, the item has over the years continued to not only be a permanent feature of the statehouse budget but has increased in the last five years.

In 2015, N22.4 million was budgeted as a rent payment for state house, by 2016, it increased to N27.73m.

Despite the outcry that trailed the previous year and economic uncertainty, the 2017 provision saw a massive increase by over 123% to N77.54m.

2018, 2019 and 2020 budgets also provided 66.6 million as rent for payment.

Structures in the Statehouse also called the Villa, include Office and Residence of the President, Offices of the Vice President and Wife of the President, the State House Conference Center, State House Annexe and the Akinola Aguda House.

President Buhari, when assuming office in 2015, had promised Nigerians he would cut waste from government spending while its funds would be directed to public good.

“The residential payment could be for those working in the statehouse, living around the villa,” Atiku Samuel a Research Lead at BudgIT explained when asked on the provision. Read FULL story on Tori4Town

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by bigdammyj: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
Noted
Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
Never give up! Better days ahead! It is well.
Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by humblegirl: 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
This is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by Badonasty(m): 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
lol....nothing dey amaze me anymore for this country....no be this same country minister of humanitarian affairs share food to children wey dey house during lockdown

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by CNNN: 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2020
I am not surprised
Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by LatestTori4Town: 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
Badonasty:
lol....nothing dey amaze me anymore for this country....no be this same country minister of humanitarian affairs share food to children wey dey house during lockdown

grin grin grin grin we never remember to talk that one yet

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by GMBuhari: 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
Useless people

they steal billions and trillions but that million is still chucking their eyes
Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by Nigeriabiafra80: 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
We are all tenants
Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by Nigeriadondie: 11:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
lipsrsealed Bubu is fighting kwarruption
Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by ursullalinda(f): 2:12am On Nov 28, 2020
My greatest happiness is that Buhari won......if not some people would have still been disturbing our ears about how incorruptible and transparent he is.......and how Nigeria for don become Dubai........now even rat destroys ask rock......No paracetamol in Aso clinic........So much evidence to prove his integrity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by Etrusen(m): 2:34am On Nov 28, 2020
it so amazing seeing Nigerians waking up at 11:59:30 and most persons still think there is hope for redemption within 30 seconds

the various political morons that are placed in high places are now looking down on the common man that placed them there from their covens as ordinary rag.

when wahala happen now, all of them go japa

when election come now the same common man will willingly come out to elect them again.........

my question be say na who dey fool who?

SHAME ON OUR POLITICIANS!!!!

bunch of cowards

ear for nor hear word if to say bubu nor win 2019 and it is now over crystal clear the bubu is fighting corruption

sai baba!!!!

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by maxjax(m): 2:54am On Nov 28, 2020
shekau (BH) the mysterious landlord
Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by tobechi74: 3:11am On Nov 28, 2020
Who owns the rock?
Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by Jahzrockballer(m): 4:07am On Nov 28, 2020
Nothing fit shock me again
Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by Sweetas2(m): 5:53am On Nov 28, 2020
What is wrong with this criminals parading themselves as politicians? Now I finally acknowledged that black race is cursed..
Re: Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord by Difrent: 7:16am On Nov 28, 2020
LatestTori4Town:

Aso Rock Rent is being paid to a mysterious landlord
The 2021 State House budget, as in previous years, has earmarked N66.6 million as payment for ‘residential rent’, a provision that many Nigerians have described as ‘suspicious’ with questions on if, indeed, Aso Rock is on rent.

By 2021, total money paid as rent for Aso Rock residential quarters will exceed N400 million as questions remain on who the mystery landlord is.

In 2016, following an outcry on the same item in the budget, former Head of State, and also the first occupant of Aso Rock, Ibrahim Babangida, lent his voice to criticism of the residential rent provision, asking the Nigerian government to explain who exactly are the landlords.

“I built Aso Rock and I wonder who the current Landlord is. I read a certain N22M for the payment of Aso Rock rent. Rent to who, Me or GEJ?” Babangida asked in 2016.

Aso Rock Presidential Villa was constructed in October 13, 1989, by Ibrahim Babaginda, following a 1976 proclamation by the Military Government of Murtala Mohammed for a more central state capital.

Although the controversy precedes President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, the item has over the years continued to not only be a permanent feature of the statehouse budget but has increased in the last five years.

In 2015, N22.4 million was budgeted as a rent payment for state house, by 2016, it increased to N27.73m.

Despite the outcry that trailed the previous year and economic uncertainty, the 2017 provision saw a massive increase by over 123% to N77.54m.

2018, 2019 and 2020 budgets also provided 66.6 million as rent for payment.

Structures in the Statehouse also called the Villa, include Office and Residence of the President, Offices of the Vice President and Wife of the President, the State House Conference Center, State House Annexe and the Akinola Aguda House.

President Buhari, when assuming office in 2015, had promised Nigerians he would cut waste from government spending while its funds would be directed to public good.

“The residential payment could be for those working in the statehouse, living around the villa,” Atiku Samuel a Research Lead at BudgIT explained when asked on the provision. Read FULL story on Tori4Town

it should be AMAC that collects the rent, no mystery here

(1) (Reply)

IPOB OPTS FOR RESTRUCTURING, SENDS MEMORANDUM TO NASS – VANGUARD / Herdsmen Riot In The South West / Eye Withness Account Of How ESN Defeated Nigerian Army At Orlu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.