Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,970 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:35 AM

The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? (14769 Views)

Request For Any Programming Courses Let Me Provide Them For Yu / What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt / Learn Any Programming Language At Your Convenient Time- Beginner To Advance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by logicDcoder(m): 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2020
Mine:
Java -> Multithreading Programming And Annotations
In Java even after watching the videos, I was still confused especially that multithreading programming. I had to download this books(Java concurrency I practice; The art of multiprocessor programming; and Concurrency in Java and design principles and pattern) and they really helped me a lot. But it was hard I had to spend hours (12 -> 13 hours) studying and practicing everyday, I worked like a beaver that period. It wasn't easy but it paid off.

C Language -> Pointers and I/O + Operating System.
Dealing with pointers in C initially was confusing but I practiced a lot in C and with time I mastered it. I used three to four textbooks and it was so stressful. Operating systems offed me especially when I was studying about processes, pipes and schedulers etc. men! This one rendered me speechless.

*Gives mic to the ftc*

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Sulele04(m): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
c++ - pointers and lamda expressions.
javascript - asynchronous programming
c# - my favorite programming language, maybe the functional programming part gave me problems sha but if i play best of post malone and open jetbrains rider my favorite ide there is c# or .net problem i cannot solve

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by talk2hb1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2020
C =Pointer
Java = OOP, and multi threading
But las las it does pay off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Karleb(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
Regular Expression. grin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Deicide: 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
Mine is Dynamic programming and Recursion. I only understand little bits of both and can also solve simple problems with them.

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Trump404: 4:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
JAVA multi threading wink
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by logicDcoder(m): 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ogah lalasticlala fp let's read from others.

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by logicDcoder(m): 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
Sulele04:
c++ - pointers and lamda expressions.
javascript - asynchronous programming
c# - my favorite programming language, maybe the functional programming part gave me problems sha but if i play best of post malone and open jetbrains rider my favorite ide there is c# or .net problem i cannot solve
I think asynchronous programming in JavaScript is synonymous to multithreading in java.

5 Likes

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by logicDcoder(m): 6:12pm On Nov 27, 2020
talk2hb1:
C =Pointer
Java = OOP, and multi threading
But las las it does pay off
OOP was too easy in java for me but multithreading na one kind demon be that and it's something that you can't skip. it very important when developing desktop software and web applications.

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by talk2hb1(m): 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2020
logicDcoder:

OOP was too easy in java for me but multithreading na one kind demon be that and it's something that you can't skip. it very important when developing desktop software and web applications.
Omo no be yam for me that time, I spent 4months reading Java how to program by Deitel Deitel wrapping my head around oop concept, once I got rid of what's holding me down trust me, I ain't turning back.
But trust me its worth the effort

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
Buhari c++

The C stands for cluelessness

10 Likes

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by weblord1900: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
Nn
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by peacettw: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
Good topic..
Mine is global and local variable. Still confusing till date.

Not also feeling the numpy, matplotlib etc syntax... I just feel it is just too complicated for no just cause.

And why so many programming languages? It is so confusing. Almost like having different English languages... I don't just get it. Why not stick to one language that can address all needs?

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by LearnEasy(m): 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
OOP - PHP, was funny when I started and saw how easy it is.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
Type coercion in Javascript
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
I remember the first time I tried to program in Visual Basic on Windows after having written relatively sophisticated code for DOS in C++ and Pascal. The event-based framework of Windows programming was different enough that it had me baffled for weeks. Then I slowly started to get it.

Then I got pretty good at VB and after a while I tried learning DirectX. I had built DOS games in C++ before but this time I was facing a completely different beast and just "getting a pixel to change colors" was a monumental feat - in part because with Direct X that is quite an advanced topic and so I had to re-learn what I thought I know.

And recently I've struggling with functional programming. I've been working as a professional developer for 14 years and as a .NET developer for about 8 and yet trying to implement a simple program in F# put me right back in that state of confusion.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by brain54(m): 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
php hardest... followed by java.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Idontknowyou: 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
The THIS keyword in Javascript.. that small thing, took me 2 months to learn..
But las las I understand am after learning class In JavaScript

14 Likes

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by ikorodureporta: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
,20th to comment

WordPress or Dreamweaver... which is berra
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Etinosa1234: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
Them many Sha...

At first.. increment and decrement were very hard but I now understand it...

The hard ones for me are

Array
Lists
Maps
Sets
Threads
Regex
Input/OutputStream
Files.

I know the basics but I can't apply them and the tutorial I was using nearly use tasks chase me comot from programming but I serve a living God... I dropped it and enter android thinking that would be very easy ...

Las Las we thank God

4 Likes

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Hamman1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
what are these ones saying?.. Lol

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by AfroKnight: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
cheesy
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by BUSHHUNTER: 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
C++ ruby
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Adebaba1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
i would say array manipulation in java
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Hardebayo(m): 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2020
No Language is difficult, it's difficult because you haven't practice enough. By the time you do lot of practice, you will know that it's very easy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by sanmtiago(m): 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2020
My question is how lucrative is programming as a career in Nigeria lucrative

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by sammysmiles(m): 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
We that deal with further maths and physics,,,, I don't think computer programming is as difficult as those...

2 Likes

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by frankfab(m): 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
Async
Await
Promise
Throw
Catch
Finally

I was like wtf is this?

I will also add:

Regex
Classes

6 Likes

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by oloyedprince1(m): 9:09pm On Nov 27, 2020
c language- structure and function python programming- machine learning
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Kennyking1234: 9:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
Kennyking1234:

EDIT(1):
wow! i got more quotes than expected. Rather than attending individually let me place the resources here.
NOTE; YOU MUST BE ON TELEGRAM!
FOR THOSE WILLING TO LEARN PYTHON SEARCH AND JOIN THIS CHANNEL @pythonlbooks YOU WOULD BE OVERWHELMED WITH HUNDREDS OF BOOKS, SIMPLY SEARCH FOR THIS BOOK IN PARTICULAR " Python Crash Course" ITS A GOOD START.

EDIT(2)
ANOTHER GOOD CHANNEL IS @javaebooks . IT HAS BOOKS ON DIFFERENT PROGRAMING LANGUAGES. FROM PYTHON TO C ETC...

EDIT(3)
FULL COURSE ON PYTHON...
Google Drive Link: [DesireCourse.Net] Udemy - Complete Python Developer in 2020 Zero to Mastery https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iKNamoVgD8rgRbc8z34VQpF6Uyed2z8X (15.01GB) #REQUEST ACCESS AND TRY LATER.
FOR THOSE THAT DONT HAVE DATA TO DOWNLOAD AT ONCE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IN SMALLER CHUNCKS

EDIT(3) 4 HOURS VIDEO ON BEGINNING PYTHON(FREECODE CAMP).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfscVS0vtbw

PLEASE ASK IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION

PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE TO OTHERS... #ALTRUISM

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Categories Of Programmers (by Areas Of Expertise) / Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming / [Advice] For New Programmers, what server-Side Programming Language Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.