Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? (14837 Views)

Request For Any Programming Courses Let Me Provide Them For Yu / What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt / Learn Any Programming Language At Your Convenient Time- Beginner To Advance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Jerry299: 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
Recursion

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Joshmanuel10(m): 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2020
Wahala for me way never start

2 Likes

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by promisedeco(m): 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2020
digitalgeorgy:
am currently struggling to learn PHP...
please if there's a group or persons that could assist me or advice me on this programme, I will greatly appreciated
Send me a mail
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Tbasicme: 10:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
logicDcoder:

OOP was too easy in java for me but multithreading na one kind demon be that and it's something that you can't skip. it very important when developing desktop software and web applications.

The issue with oop is that it makes your code very neat and less buggy. I advised beginners to start with vb or c# so as to understand the concept of oop
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Codedreamer: 11:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
digitalgeorgy:
please if there's a group or persons that could assist me or advice me on this programme, I will greatly appreciated
Use this link https://www.tutorialrepublic.com/php-tutorial/ Try to build a login/logout system.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by rashy1234(m): 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
Python - Classes, Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Refractory. The entirety of OOP sha

If you know these and can explain it to layman, you're very good.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by justmondris: 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
the this keyword in oop
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Elxandre(m): 11:14pm On Nov 27, 2020
Emarex:
My was OOP in python..., It was a night mere.
Been stuck for a year.
Other life stuff distracted me though.
Will complete soon hopefully.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Wartsnigeria: 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2020
logicDcoder:

OOP was too easy in java for me but multithreading na one kind demon be that and it's something that you can't skip. it very important when developing desktop software and web applications.

Easiest way to understand Java multithreading is tutorial on w3schools, just Google it.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
sammysmiles:
We that deal with further maths and physics,,,, I don't think computer programming is as difficult as those...
I laugh in Syntax error.
Coding is as difficult as Maths or Physics. Don’t be fooled.
Coding has been glamourized hence why people tend to go into it more than Math or Physics or Chemistry.
When those fields have their own Andela equivalent, you will now see people trooping into the field.

4 Likes

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
Abstract classes and interfaces- You could easily follow the explanations,but it still never made sense.

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Wartsnigeria: 11:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
mustaphagreens:
Regex grin

Easy

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by oweniwe(m): 11:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
ikorodureporta:
,20th to comment

WordPress or Dreamweaver... which is berra

If you want to be a rugged coder, forget two of them... Learn HTML and CSS as much as you can.

CSS might seem confusing at first but as you master it, its like difference between motor mechanic and ordinary motor driver.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by bukxy: 11:34pm On Nov 27, 2020
EcmaScript
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Albertone(m): 11:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
oweniwe:

If you want to be a rugged coder, forget two of them... Learn HTML and CSS as much as you can.

CSS might seem confusing at first but as you master it, its like difference between motor mechanic and ordinary motor driver.

Which one be rugged coder again

I feel even after learning HTML and CSS,it won't be a bad idea to learn wordpress also.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by martinz1: 11:59pm On Nov 27, 2020
Follow documentation, and tutorials watch it ten times
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by CountLaka(m): 12:14am On Nov 28, 2020
MATLAB
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Sazeals(m): 12:20am On Nov 28, 2020
peacettw:
Good topic..
Mine is global and local variable. Still confusing till date.

Not also feeling the numpy, matplotlib etc syntax... I just feel it is just too complicated for no just cause.

And why so many programming languages? It is so confusing. Almost like having different English languages... I don't just get it. Why not stick to one language that can address all needs?
I swear matplotlib simple die
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Sazeals(m): 12:21am On Nov 28, 2020
peacettw:
Good topic..
Mine is global and local variable. Still confusing till date.

Not also feeling the numpy, matplotlib etc syntax... I just feel it is just too complicated for no just cause.

And why so many programming languages? It is so confusing. Almost like having different English languages... I don't just get it. Why not stick to one language that can address all needs?
matplotlib simple die, I swear
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Sazeals(m): 12:22am On Nov 28, 2020
sammysmiles:
We that deal with further maths and physics,,,, I don't think computer programming is as difficult as those...
you no try c or c++.
you will cry blood
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Sazeals(m): 12:24am On Nov 28, 2020
my own is just the subprocess module. shit is fuckin confusing
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Sazeals(m): 12:24am On Nov 28, 2020
abeg who be machine learning expert for here abi Django developer
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by stevedeey(m): 12:33am On Nov 28, 2020
Recursion in all C based languages. That stuff dey turn my head. I'd use my loop jeje
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by nagalee(m): 12:34am On Nov 28, 2020
Karleb:
Regular Expression. grin
haha my food �. Regex
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Mertedesigns: 12:56am On Nov 28, 2020
These are the exact challenges I'm facing. Have you mastered them now?
frankfab:
Async
Await
Promise
Throw
Catch
Finally

I was like wtf is this?

I will also add:

Regex
Classes
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by FahBuLous: 12:57am On Nov 28, 2020
talk2hb1:

Omo no be yam for me that time, I spent 4months reading Java how to program by Deitel Deitel wrapping my head around oop concept, once I got rid of what's holding me down trust me, I ain't turning back.
But trust me its worth the effort
how is your journey in programming? I want to learn it too.. Thanks..
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by cixak95211: 2:29am On Nov 28, 2020
99.99% of the comments so far are barely scratching the surface of programming. like 10% of programming

Nobody mentioned skull-cracking algos and (data structures) like
dijktra's algorithm, lee's algorithm, shortest path in a maze,
BFS and DFS, kruskal and kadane etc . . lol

6 Likes

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by NarnieAceTech: 3:17am On Nov 28, 2020
Mine is OOP in PHP, I started learning with Procedural and got a good grasp of it and finally settled with it only for the youtuber (Daniel Krossing a.k.a MMTuts) to bring out another series for OOP, for Pete's sake,I was confused AF. I relayed my issue with a guy on a programmers'/coding forum and he advised me to stick to the one I understand best but from the little I have heard, most interviewers deal with OOP when it comes to employing because it is much more secure, easier to split with colleagues and makes your code neat.

Another issue is I'm currently battling with and denying myself is JavaScript; I abandoned it before I started, and switched to JQuery.

Trying to be a "full stacker" ain't easy mehn. But I won't give up on JS just yet
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by XXLDICK(m): 3:56am On Nov 28, 2020
digitalgeorgy:
My advice is to learn a better programming language. PHP is dying

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by XXLDICK(m): 3:58am On Nov 28, 2020
NarnieAceTech:
Mine is OOP in PHP, I started learning with Procedural and got a good grasp of it and finally settled with it only for the youtuber (Daniel Krossing a.k.a MMTuts) to bring out another series for OOP, for Pete's sake,I was confused AF. I relayed my issue with a guy on a programmers'/coding forum and he advised me to stick to the one I understand best but from the little I have heard, most interviewers deal with OOP when it comes to employing because it is much more secure, easier to split with colleagues and makes your code neat.

Another issue is I'm currently battling with and denying myself is JavaScript; I abandoned it before I started, and switched to JQuery.

Trying to be a "full stacker" ain't easy mehn. But I won't give up on JS just yet

you have enough time to waste sha. you are learning dying technologies. who still uses jquery? PHP?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming / How To Build And Design A Mobile Application Like 2go, Whatsapp, Mixit / [Advice] For New Programmers, what server-Side Programming Language Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.