Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ (43538 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others / Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Tweet Of Adamu Supporting The Death Of Deborah / #EndSARS: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Death Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by drinoayo: 2:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ban On 'Black Friday' By Kano Hisbah Is A Disgrace — Aisha Yesufu

Co-convener of Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) campaign Aisha Yesufu has knocked Kano State Hisbah Board over its letter written to a radio station in the state 96.9 Cool FM, directing it not to use the term ‘Black Friday’ anymore, Igbere TV reports.

Many on social media have mocked the board over the error-filled letter which has been shared severally on social media.

In her reaction, Mrs Yesufu argued that Black Friday is related to giving because goods are sold at discounted prices, adding that Islam preaches giving.

“What kind of disgrace is this? The Muslims that are being killed don’t matter, it is Friday that matters? Are we not black so what is wrong in having a black Friday?

“A glorious BLACK FRIDAY where you get goods at reduced price. Isn’t that giving? Isn’t giving out part of Islam?” she asked on Friday.

https://twitter.com/AishaYesufu/status/1332292993034891270?s=20

Black Friday is an informal name for the Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the United States, which is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. The term is used worldwide to mean a day for promotional sales where goods are sold at discounted prices.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2020
Religion is the most stupid content ever invented

238 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Hausa Muslim with thier poor religious beliefs. Most of this fanatics making this declaration are poor. When I say poor, very poor !

Weytin concern hausa poor man with black Friday, the question you should be asking is, can he buy anything from jumia? No, so you understand why religion come in.

You can rubbish a thing because you don't know the value but the day you taste it, take part in it, buy it that's the day you will understand you have been blind all this while .

195 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by ebenhazard(m): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
I doubt if this lady is truly hausa woman..bcoz they are always incorcated with that almajiris brain

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2020
Brave lady!
Nigeria has 3 problems: 1. Religion 2. Tribe 3. Corruption.
The truth be told always, these Northern states are not giving room for the development of Nigeria. Break up is the solution.
Never give up! Better days ahead! It is well.

117 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Fahdiga(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
Help me tell them o. this people are so backward in everything. they don't even know the meaning of Black Friday. they just heard the word black and they went berserk. they should throw bomb in Kano as they used to do before I take them serious

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Authority1o1(m): 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
Okay...

Leaving substance and chasing shadows, haven't that been our way?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by techmo(m): 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2020
ebenhazard:
I doubt if this lady is truly hausa woman..bcoz they are always incorcated with that almajiris brain

She is from Edo and grew up in Kano

58 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Freestainworld(m): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
The North knows how to enforce stupid laws, you ban alcohol, now is black Friday, very lazy people, terrorism is killing people there, no body is doing anything.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by ggood: 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
Aisha your the only civilized Muslim in the North the rest are senseless

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Arrewa: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Hausa Muslim with thier poor religious beliefs. Most of this fanatics making this declaration are poor. When I say poor, very poor !

Weytin concern hausa poor man with black Friday, the question you should be asking is, can he buy anything from jumia? No, so you understand why religion come in.

You can rubbish a thing because you don't know the value but the day you taste it, take part in it, buy it that's the day you will understand you have been blind all this while .
the East and hypocrisy!!

I agree that we have a problem in the north!

A very big problem...

I really don't like Hisbah... This is something my generation would change.

Bringing change to my region and my state is the major reason I will go into politics and will soon become a governor and maybe a president in the future in order to bring change and enact laws that will carry the new generation along.

But why are you Igbos more concern with what is happening in the north than the East.

Are our people complaining of hisbah? No!

Are they forcing Islam on non Muslims? No!

Why are you guys so concern about Hisbah?

Why are guys more concern with the insecurity in the north than the daily killings in Anambra and communal clashes that is currently going on in Abakiliki?

Why are you more concern with the northern extremist instead of facing the ipob extremists in your region who are busy killing and burning Muslims in the name of secession?

We are safe to say that education will save the north.

But no amount of education can save the East from the self consuming bigotry and backwardness.

Tell me one single state in the east that is more peaceful and developed than kano state.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Arrewa: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
Fahdiga:
Help me tell them o. this people are so backward in everything. they don't even know the meaning of Black Friday. they just heard the word black and they went berserk. they should throw bomb in Kano as they used to do before I take them serious
do you even know the meaning of Backwardness??

No you don't!!

The East remain the most backward region in Nigeria.

We in the north have realized that we have a problem.

We are already working towards our problems and I am very optimistic that the north shall rise again. It's already Gradually rising.

We are facing insecurity in 3 northern states.

Zamfara, kastina and Kaduna villages.

Because of this u people have been abusing the whole 19 northern states.

The north still remain the most peaceful region in Nigeria.

Zamfara, Kaduna and kastina villages would soon be safe just like Adamawa, yobe, Gombe, bauchi, were set free from the hands of bokoharam.

I know that majority of you are all happy with the insecurity in the north.

Majority of you Easterners celebrate our pains I can still remember the time of Corona when you guys were celebrating over the mysterious deaths in kano.

Keep the hatred coming... Don't stop!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Arrewa: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
ggood:
Aisha your the only civilized Muslim in the North the rest are senseless
yes cos the only sensible person to you guys is he who would always stand against the north.

Once you hate the north.

Once you can abuse and castigate the north for a living.... You will be a great friend to the East.

This woman was born and brought up here in kano.

She spent all her life in kano state and we all take her as one of us. Tribal discrimination is never part of us!

Today she decided to turn back to use our flaws and weakness against us just to gain popularity!

Today she is a Hero to the East because she is insulting and castigating the north.

8 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Arrewa: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
ebenhazard:
why won't you doubt.

As long a she's against the north... She's you're hero.

We have very smart and intelligent Hausafulani ladies here in kano that are busy impacting in our society.

They're not twitter clout chasers!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by dynicks(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2020
How e come be like say na only this lady get sense and dares to speak out for that region?...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by doggedfighter(f): 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2020
Hisbah will be worse than SARS.

The north has been cheering them but soon hisbah will turn around to devour their owners and enablers

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by November1857(m): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
angry
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by WhatCanIsay(m): 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2020
Nigeria takes a baby step forward, the North draws her back with a giant's ten steps backwards.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by sammysneh(m): 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
She is one of the few reasonable Muslims, very mature and sensible

15 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by SoftP(m): 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
W
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by osothermal(m): 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
ebenhazard:
Na confirmed Edo mama

17 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Bornsinner7: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Awa fierce gan to ba n wa mi

The person wey write the letter, I been advice am say anytime wey him dey lick Puna make him no swallow the juice, say e dey turn brain but him no hear

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by JimmyDarmody: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Hahaha a religion that hates western education. More Disgrace loading grin

18 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by bknight: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Truth be told, Hisbah is over doing this & government needs to call them to order. They are police of a the 'people' who are Muslims, not over every Nigerian living in Kano.

Sharia law polices affairs of only those who subscribe to Sharia law through the religion. If saying 'Black Friday' is Haram, make an announcement to Muslim faithfuls not to be caught uttering it.

Not over any geographical locations.

You destroy trucks of beer, making life unbearable for business owners.

Why not wait till a Muslim is caught in a beer parlour or is found drunk inside a mosque?? Then you arraign him in Sharia court & pass your judgment.

Don't force religious laws on any geographical location in a country that is not officially aligned with any one religion.

Stop destroying trucks of beer and stop harassing citizens who should be free everywhere in Nigeria.

Very soon, they'd demand everybody in Kano must wear hijab.

Truth is, if Nigeria was truly a secular State, Sharia law shouldn't have been allowed.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
That's why we need restructuring

With regional government it will be fully allowed, and if your region is increasing going backward as a result of lack of fund to foot social amenities nobody will tell the region to look inward.

Am still waiting for next southern president to do the needful.

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Kingdemu: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Misplacement of priorities! What has black got to do with the Holiness of Friday. I am a northerner and there is nothing wrong with the phrase "black Friday".

11 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by marsman: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
This woman should calm down, this people are beasts when it comes to reasoning activities.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
THIS WOMAN IS NOT A MUSLIM

HER RESPONSE DOES NOT EVEN MAKE SENSE
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Olayinka8793(m): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
I blame the radio station for this nonsense.
Which sensible business Organization will go and invest in a terrorism laden environment populated with illiterate religious fanatics?
#BoycottNorthTillTheyHaveSense

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by 4tomandchi: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Our overzealousness in this country is too much... In religion, politics, love, education name it. We too do for this country.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by obembet(f): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
I don't really have sympathy for this people. They should face Whatever happen to them.

If they like, let boko boys kill all thier kings.. I go just mind my business.

UAE is Islamic state, and they never act so stupid like Our Northerners brother.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Hisbah Barring Radio Station From Saying ‘Black Friday’ by Trump404: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Lol Religion cool

I even prefare this one to the other religion where they ask people to donate their hard earned money in exchange for imaginary anointing or blessings wink

3 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku, PDP Campaign Rally In Abia State (Photos) / Bashir Ahmed Meets Atiku's Children, Aliyu And Mustapha Abubakar / Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.