Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,179 members, 7,807,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station (29265 Views)

Before And After Pictures Of Ebute-Metta Train Station / Pictures From The Ebute Metta Rail Station / What Ebute Metta Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station by ehinmowo: 9:08am On Nov 28, 2020
Odingo1:
Nice, nothing for Niger Delta.

Niger Delta is a very docile region. Nobody challenges anybody. The leaders go unchallenged. The level of corruption in that region is mind burgling.

It appears that only SW is actively seeking restructuring and resource control. When in actual fact the people that would benefit more like ND are mute.

As oil is becoming useless, now that countries like UK has passed a law to makee 90% of her automobile electric by 2030, if the region does not stand up and utilizes its resources, na sorry una dey.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station by MedicH: 9:38am On Nov 28, 2020
Odingo1:
Nice, nothing for Niger Delta.

Akpabio is from Niger Delta. During the nddc trials and investigations he said that he and his friends used 1 billion naira to take care of themselves during covid-19

1 Like

Re: Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station by ooohoo: 10:06am On Nov 28, 2020
Christistruth00:

Odingo1 I don't want to be rude but do you know that Since 2007 Akwa Ibom alone has received more that $6 billion dollars from the Oil derivation funds. That is 20% of $30 billion that was used to build Dubai into what it is today

The money given to NDDC is not included O!

We appreciate the Niger Delta but some scoundrels have defrauded their people heavily.

While I can't argue the amount earned by Akwa Ibom since 2007 because I don't really have much time to go through all the facts at the moment, you erred in the amount spent to build Dubai into what it is today.

From infrastructure to human capital development, it is impossible to say how much (or put a price tag on) that city spent to put up those mind-blowing developments. I am not trying to pull you down, but we can learn, that's the purpose, init?

Let me bring up a few references for better understanding. Palm Jumeirah alone cost about $12 billion to build, Burj Khalifa cost $1.5 billion, Burj Arab cost $1 billion, Dubai Metro cost $7.8 billion, Dubai airport's terminal 3 cost about $4.5 billion, while the federation budgeted about $12.88 billion for infrastructure in 2017 alone. Don't forget this is one of the most developed cities in the world. Dubai has been building since the 80s, this means cost of development could be in hundreds of billions.

The essence of putting cost to some of their projects is to give you an idea of how much investment the federation has invested and still investing. It is reported that over $32 billion is to be spent on a new greenfield airport and about $33 billion will be spent on infrastructure in preparation for Dubai expo 2020.

Inasmuch as we can't argue that the political leaders in the country have failed us, it is also imperative that we set the facts right. Many people "learn" by reading comments. Like I said, I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station by PHAYOL81: 10:31am On Nov 28, 2020
[quote author=ooohoo post=96522788][/quote]
Nice work. At least, it shows we still have people who seeks knowledge and not go along with just any beer-parlour facts and figures.
A big kudos for that explicit argument.

1 Like

Re: Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station by PHAYOL81: 11:10am On Nov 28, 2020
glowingflame7:

Calm down, bud. 'What Japan did..' wasnt comparism bt example. Besides how do you compare advance with a developing country? But because we are incline to 'in a saner clime' mantra, i had to use what had once happened in one saner clime to buttress my point. In my next post, i added the 'critism part' cos the post i responded to suggested i was trying hard to defend not correct with the 'Japan comparism ish'.
And now, see the new post of yours; a suggestive of partisan argument. Replying to that will kick us down that horrible road so it's better to just skip it.
If you insist you aint critising, my bad for seeing that much. But again, Japan's case was only used as sample in the context of my first post not comparism. I aint that dumb to do that.
Yet, i will never get to criticize a good thing too irrespective of where it's happening. I can only hope, pray and clamour for my state and/or region to do and have better.
Re: Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station by Goodman247: 11:38am On Nov 28, 2020
Can they maintain it
Re: Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station by 2016easy2017: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2020
One abolish bought the Ido one. And doing all rubbish there. Including sending Yorubas and Ibos away
Re: Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station by DisGuy: 1:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
Very impressive

Was there in February and couldn't make out what exactly they were building as it was covered up!!

Glad the platform is leveled with the coach, the Abuja Kaduna rail is not the easiest to get on to!!
Re: Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station by Christistruth00: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
Solatium:

The Question is are they ready to work?

They should give the jobs to the ones that are ready to work others will join when they see the improvement in the lives of those working
Re: Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station by Solatium(m): 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2020
Christistruth00:

They should give the jobs to the ones that are ready to work others will join when they see the improvement in the lives of those working

Jobs shouldn't be given to people,it is those that needed a job that have to go looking for it,those kind of people have the hunger and burning desire in them to earn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emirates Suspends All Flights From Nigeria From September 1 / UAE Lifts Ban On Passengers Travelling From Nigeria / Study In South Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.