Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG (35874 Views)

'Simon Ekpa Is Chiefly Known For Spreading Fake News' - Wikipedia (Photo) / Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine / EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Hier(m): 9:21am On Nov 28, 2020
sammy329:
CNN has already started an unnecessary shalaye cheesy cheesy

They should just apologize

Quote a CNN source for a CNN reportage
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by ibuildstuff(m): 9:22am On Nov 28, 2020
flyingpig:
Why can't FG engineer this insurmountable level of aggression and effort towards bandits, kidnappers ravaging Zamfara, Katsina, Kaduna, and recently Ondo?

You major in the minor, and minor in the major.
Our major problem in this country is CNN, social media and other irrelevant things.

Boko Haram, bandit, insecurity are minor issue.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by sammy329(m): 9:28am On Nov 28, 2020
Hier:

Quote a CNN source for a CNN reportage

Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Bestbeelieve: 9:28am On Nov 28, 2020
CNN if you are reading this- Embarass these liars and expose the impostor in the rock! The truth about lekki will come out sooner or later after this administration is gone and there will be no hiding place for evil men! a lie and a lie and more lies to cover up!!! soon very soon!
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Edidiong123: 9:39am On Nov 28, 2020
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by emmyN(m): 9:55am On Nov 28, 2020
The federal government keep calling the live video shared on instagram unverified video from social media. So I ask, who was supposed to verify the video? The time stamp and geo-location all pans out, so it is safe to say the videos are real and give an accurate representation of what happened. Now the onus lies on the government to prove beyond reasonable doubts that they were doctored.

Very stupid minds!
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Lawalemi(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2020
The energy we needed to develop our nation is now diverted to explaining our issues to CNN. Buhari has really messed up Nigeria
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by lexyblazy: 10:29am On Nov 28, 2020
NGpatriot:

CNN came out to fess up and retracted their bogus and inconsistent story and fake news, but Igbos are doing igidi that CNN is consistent.

Do you know more than CNN itself?

See Igbos crying more than CNN the bereaved?

You Igbos land your alternate reality mentality sha..

grin grin

The only thing CNN got wrong was the number of deaths... You seem to be ignoring the fact the army has produced multiple versions of their stories.

Keep defending govt tyranny. It's a hustle that pays.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by chriscrosss(m): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2020
I swear to God, if lai Mohammed is not curtail, he will cause war in Nigeria nd later run away... What a wasted minister..from the onset, it shows military covering this up until CNN exposed them, befire the could admit they shot..they even said they didnt go with live ammunition at first..now, after drilling, they agreed...are you mad ni lai..you wnna cause trouble and run away right..your days are numbered...
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 28, 2020
solonazzy:
u want them to prosecute those that took part in the massacre... The only evidence of massacre is dead bodies... And we can't find one... Nor can we find any family crying for Dr deceased.... But nw u are saying they shuld letting sleeping dogs lie.....dat Dog will bite u

Politicians will gladly release the bodies of dead people to you?
So you implicate them??

So,the two people Sanwaolu confirmed dead and even rendered an apology were what?? Dogs??

This is a dictatorship kindda governance, which family would want to come out? You want them dead??

Why freeze the account of those that sponsored the protest?? When did protesting in a nation turn to a very gory and terrible criminal offence??

Don't even quote me again.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 28, 2020
Silverpurple:

Why can't videos be fake. Even live streamed videos can be edited.

We are in 2020 man, have you heard of "Deep Fake"?

Woman.
There is no way on this earth you would see a fake video and not know it is one.

What do I know.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by seunjungle1(m): 11:48am On Nov 28, 2020
Fooli5h follower! Blind eyes carrier! Dumb hear carrier! Had it been you were one of those that got killed in the lekki...I know your dead won't still agree it was soldiers that killed you.
Dead man walking

360degreess:
Which school did you attend?..I know most of you that have spreading fake news on this matter are dissapointed with CNN but shame and hatred will not allow you to accept the fact.I watched the video severally,yet no proof about the "massacre"..So in conclusion, The FG is right.
May God disgrace anybody that is supporting/spreading this fake news before the end of this year. AMEN..
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by lexy2014: 12:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

grin grin Weyrey says you're hurt. Guy, I'll laughing so badly. You need attention but not this one you're getting. You need medical... Lol

U are d one throwing d insults & tantrums not me. Insulting others is a sign that u have run out of things to say or that u have been hurt& it's ur way of getting back because of d perceived that has been caused to u. Ur words betray u. Meanwhile, my questions still stand:

Oga, is nigeria not already ruined under buhari? Is it "fake news from western media" that is responsible for banditry in North, inflation, unemployment, bad roads, new trains breaking down in d middle of nowhere, corruption, nepotism, hoarding of covid19 palliatives etc? Are buhari and his crew of government misfits not enough ingredients sufficient to ruin nigeria?
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by lexy2014: 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
solonazzy:

If they are nt responsible for the banditry all over, is that a justification to report fake news?.... Or u dnt understand what this thread is all about... Its about fake news reported by an international organisation

Did u read d comment to which I responded b4 u jumped into d conversation? Is it CNNs fake news that is responsible for nigerias nationwide problems?
Is it CNN that is responsible for d banditry that has taken over peaceful states in northern nigeria?
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Cherez: 1:15pm On Nov 28, 2020
sammy329:
So, now the soldiers were actually there, no more photoshopped videos?
So, they fired live shots?
So, they didn't give protesters water?
So, CCTV cameras were on afterall?
May you and your generations be treated by GOD & humans same way the soldiers & NGA govt treated the Lekki toll protesters
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Aiddn: 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2020
Which video did u watch, the camera that was turned off when the shooting started or the claim that Army took the bodies away, where and when have you seen Nigerian Army quelled a protest without stories.
360degreess:
Which school did you attend?..I know most of you that have spreading fake news on this matter are dissapointed with CNN but shame and hatred will not allow you to accept the fact.I watched the video severally,yet no proof about the "massacre"..So in conclusion, The FG is right.
May God disgrace anybody that is supporting/spreading this fake news before the end of this year. AMEN..
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by dragunov: 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Lol... This comment made my morning. If there is anything I enjoy most about Nigerians, it's their ability to manufacture their own facts, howbeit wrong, and still keep a straight face. If you didn't laugh while making your own comment, then you must be a sadist. cheesy

CNN is everywhere unearthing facts and figures after how many weeks? The kind of talk you discuss in your beer parlour when you've taken a few bottles. grin

Yeah, you can make a joke of my comment. Its allowed. But don't you expect me to prove myself right to you by giving you more intelligence on the matter. In fact the less you know, the better for everybody. Thank you.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 28, 2020
dragunov:

Yeah, you can make a joke of my comment. Its allowed. But don't you expect me to prove myself right to you by giving you more intelligence on the matter. In fact the less you know, the better for everybody. Thank you.
Lol... CNN undercover, Pele o grin
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by dragunov: 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Lol... CNN undercover, Pele o grin

O jare.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Kinikini: 3:10pm On Nov 28, 2020
I never exonerated the government from lies. Read in between the lines. I only said , those who want a change should also not descend to lies to bring the change because lies will never get us anywhere.

The Endsars protesters counted so much on the western media to bring the protest to the attention of the world powers as a means get the Nigerian government to change. Now that the media may be fried for reporting the half truths propagated by the protesters, do you think they will be sympathetic to us in the future?

He who goes to equity goes with a clean hand.

uote author=lexy2014 post=96519780]

Let's assume that d govt is correct & that CNN is wrong according to u. Let's follow d timeline of events and govt responses.

After d lekki shooting incident, d governor of Lagos State said he didn't no what happened and that he wasn't aware of soldiers coming to lekki to enforce a curfew. The nigerian army d same night in response to videos & photos of soldiers shooting at lekki, said d videos & photos were fake news& photoshopped. It said it's men weren't at lekki that night. A few days later, d army changed it's story& said it's men were actually at lekki to enforce curfew that night but were there on d invitation of d governor of lagos state which d governor still denies till date. D army later went on to say that it's men who it initially said weren't at lekki, actually shot blank shots& not live bullets. Later at d judicial hearing, then brigadier taiwo said d army took live bullets to lekki& fired same. On another occasion, d AGF said it wasn't soldiers that were at lekki at d night of d shooting but hoodlums dressed as soldiers.

My brother, can u pls show us d consistency in all these testimonies by d govt? Y do we have several conflicting stories& versions for just a single event? Y is every involved in this issue unwilling to take responsibility & tell d truth if nothing wrong happened that night?

According to u:

The lies by DJ Switch has done a lot more damage to the aspirations of good Nigerians. Next time we do a protest, for whatever good reason, do not be surprised the western media will shun us.

Pls how did what u call "the lies of dj switch" do damage to d aspirations of good nigerians? What exactly are d "aspirations of good nigerians"? In terms of protests, are nigerians protesting for western media or protesting for d betterment of nigeria?
[/quote]
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Kinikini: 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2020
That is how you insult your father at home for having a contrary opinion. See those who want to lead. Moral abyss.

quote author=Baron117555 post=96517479]To even think it's a fake news shows that you a big fool nigga even after Lagos State government acknowledged the fact that there was casualties you still don't believe you must be dumb no sorry to say dick headquote author=Kinikini post=96517242]Government is right, CNN is wrong. Anyone can be emotional about this but there is no half truth, or partial truth. Truth is truth. If you have to cling to a lie just so to justify your wishes, you are not better than the people in government we wish would change from being liars. The verified facts are .
1. Soldiers were deployed to Lekki.
2. Soldiers shut into the air.
3. People were injured.
4. No dead person has been traced to Lekki shooting. Even the single one CNN claimed died due to the shooting were earlier debunked by other sources that did a fact checked.
5. The BBC and the DBN reporters present never reported a death but injury.
6. DJ Switch's story was inconsistent. No other person present at the protest has come out openly to affirm her claim. She could not be the only one who saw the events of the night.
7. That no video emerged to support the claim that soldiers took away the dead bodies is a mystery considering the number of the protesters adept at using social medial. A reporter interviewed a man who claimed to have joined the Army's hilux which conveyed his injured brother to the hospital. Soldiers killed and took the bodies away would hardly be empathic to the point of allowing civilians to go with an injured brother to the military Barracks and then the hospital
8. DJ Switch did not stay to defend her story rather fled. In the face of the truth, the government would have no choice than to admit its killed innocent protesters if she had stayed and presented irrefutable facts.
9. No family has come out to demand the bodies of their dead relatives. If all the dead or so called massacred were destitute, statistically, then, every 4 out of 10 Nigerians must be destitute with no family. No dead bodies has been found. There is no forensic report to support the one dead body found in the lagoon died due to gun shot and linked to Lekki incident. It is all speculation.

Two wrongs never make a right. The government has failed this country but we the people demanding a better society and country cannot achieve it by being led by liars. The lies by DJ Switch has done a lot more damage to the aspirations of good Nigerians. Next time we do a protest, for whatever good reason, do not be surprised the western media will shun us.

[/quote]
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by lexy2014: 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2020
Kinikini:
I never exonerated the government from lies. Read in between the lines. I only said , those who want a change should also not descend to lies to bring the change because lies will never get us anywhere.

The Endsars protesters counted so much on the western media to bring the protest to the attention of the world powers as a means get the Nigerian government to change. Now that the media may be fried for reporting the half truths propagated by the protesters, do you think they will be sympathetic to us in the future?

He who goes to equity goes with a clean hand.

uote author=lexy2014 post=96519780]

Let's assume that d govt is correct & that CNN is wrong according to u. Let's follow d timeline of events and govt responses.

After d lekki shooting incident, d governor of Lagos State said he didn't no what happened and that he wasn't aware of soldiers coming to lekki to enforce a curfew. The nigerian army d same night in response to videos & photos of soldiers shooting at lekki, said d videos & photos were fake news& photoshopped. It said it's men weren't at lekki that night. A few days later, d army changed it's story& said it's men were actually at lekki to enforce curfew that night but were there on d invitation of d governor of lagos state which d governor still denies till date. D army later went on to say that it's men who it initially said weren't at lekki, actually shot blank shots& not live bullets. Later at d judicial hearing, then brigadier taiwo said d army took live bullets to lekki& fired same. On another occasion, d AGF said it wasn't soldiers that were at lekki at d night of d shooting but hoodlums dressed as soldiers.

My brother, can u pls show us d consistency in all these testimonies by d govt? Y do we have several conflicting stories& versions for just a single event? Y is every involved in this issue unwilling to take responsibility & tell d truth if nothing wrong happened that night?

According to u:

The lies by DJ Switch has done a lot more damage to the aspirations of good Nigerians. Next time we do a protest, for whatever good reason, do not be surprised the western media will shun us.

Pls how did what u call "the lies of dj switch" do damage to d aspirations of good nigerians? What exactly are d "aspirations of good nigerians"? In terms of protests, are nigerians protesting for western media or protesting for d betterment of nigeria?

U are right but:

Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Softwhales(m): 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
360degreess:

I'm not surprised about your partisan comment most African have their Brain shaded with sentiments if CNN is lieing about the situation why is our government convering up if truly Our government are trust worthy we should trust theirs at first we heard no soldier was present at lekki toll gate as at the time of the situation later Nigeria army admit it presence at lekki tollgate but claim to shoot blank bullet after this same Nigeria army claim soldier have the right to use live ammunition in a life threatening situation ...

Lets us have a clear mind against each so that we can move forward
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Kinikini: 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
I believe I answered the question already.

uote author=lexy2014 post=96531475]

U are right but:

[/quote]
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Enyiekpa(m): 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2020
As if federal government can do anything than a dead rat
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by solonazzy: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2020
lexy2014:

Did u read d comment to which I responded b4 u jumped into d conversation? Is it CNNs fake news that is responsible for nigerias nationwide problems?
Is it CNN that is responsible for d banditry that has taken over peaceful states in northern nigeria?
no point asking stupid qstns..... Drs no basis for reporting/spreading fake news....
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by solonazzy: 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2020
StacyO:

Politicians will gladly release the bodies of dead people to you?
So you implicate them??

So,the two people Sanwaolu confirmed dead and even rendered an apology were what?? Dogs??

This is a dictatorship kindda governance, which family would want to come out? You want them dead??

Why freeze the account of those that sponsored the protest?? When did protesting in a nation turn to a very gory and terrible criminal offence??

Don't even quote me again.
Wat exactly are we clamouring for.... U want who to prosecute who?.... And on what evidence?.... I hope we all still have a sane mind
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Pecuman: 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2020
Funny government.

What can they do when they go around begging the Masters of CNN for Kobo.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by lexy2014: 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2020
solonazzy:
no point asking stupid qstns..... Drs no basis for reporting/spreading fake news....

Ur emotions seem to be getting d better of u but that doesn't answer my questions:
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Silverpurple: 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
StacyO:

Woman.
There is no way on this earth you would see a fake video and not know it is one.

What do I know.

My dear, are sure you know what you are talking about? This is 2020, the age of self driving cars, AI, virtual reality, etc.

I am not an expert, but all it takes is for an AI model to learn key features of a video (i'm sure you know a video is essentially fast playing pictures). Once the model detects the needed features, it switches it with whatever the engineer wants.

There are cheap AI models that can change the shirt you are wearing in a live video. When you watch the video even you will believe....lolz

Please take some time to watch MIT introduction to deeply learning course. There is a free version on MIT YouTube.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by snoopz: 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2020
Nigeria fg is funny than bovi, what on God's own Earth will?�� dey do to cnn
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2020
Silverpurple:

My dear, are sure you know what you are talking about? This is 2020, the age of self driving cars, AI, virtual reality, etc.

I am not an expert, but all it takes is for an AI model to learn key features of a video (i'm sure you know a video is essentially fast playing pictures). Once the model detects the needed features, it switches it with whatever the engineer wants.

There are cheap AI models that can change the shirt you are wearing in a live video. When you watch the video even you will believe....lolz

Please take some time to watch MIT introduction to deeply learning course. There is a free version on MIT YouTube.

Might be you though.

Spotting a fake video when I see one isn't hard to do at all.
Anyway,thanks for the references made.

CNN is only trying to debunk their false claim on the number of protestants killed,at least they made that known anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pirat X: The Game Changer For The Second Niger Bridge / Buhari@76: See The ThrowBack Advert By Fayose & PDP Wishing Buhari Death In 2015 / Betsy, Ikpeazu's Daughter Inducted As A Medical Doctor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.