Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! (14610 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 12:22am On Nov 28, 2020
I must leave Nigeria before the middle of next year but i don't know were to escape to because everywhere seems expensive and some countries that i saw eg Ukraine, Hungary are considered "Sh!tholes of Europe". Abeg were can you recommend. If you sabi abeg na ur guy i be you fit put me through.
I want to go through studies.(BSc)
Thank You.
This is for everyone aspiring to leave Nigeria soon.

8 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by ChilamNk(m): 12:46am On Nov 28, 2020
What is your budget?
preferred choice of country/ries
what's skill and profession do you have

you should give out needed information that will help you to get the needed advice and recommendations.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 12:52am On Nov 28, 2020
Boss i wan go through study route but i don't which low key country .
I have done some research but all my low key choices like Ukraine and Hungary are considered "sh!tholes" on nairaland.

ChilamNk:

What is your budget?
preferred choice of country/ries
what's skill and profession do you have

you should give out needed information that will help you to get the needed advice and recommendations.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 12:58am On Nov 28, 2020
Guy abeg i no dey joke, I can't waste my life here in Nigeria. If you can help drop your two cents.

lascos912:
Go to Iraq or Syria

11 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 1:12am On Nov 28, 2020
What's your qualification and class of degree?
If you have a BSc and you can raise #1million naira (this includes your flight ticket money), there's big hope for you in the US.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by lascos912(m): 1:14am On Nov 28, 2020
YourGrandfather:
Guy abeg i no dey joke, I can't waste my life here in Nigeria. If you can help drop your two cents.

guy did you just called Ukraine shithole country, you can try Denmark or Switzerland

7 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 1:23am On Nov 28, 2020
That's what i see people call it on nairaland.

lascos912:
guy did you just called Ukraine shithole country, you can try Denmark or Switzerland

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 1:26am On Nov 28, 2020
Bro i want to go for BSc but US seems like the first option for every Nigerian, I want somewhere low key and good. I have more than a million naira but i don't want to use it on what might not work. E go pain me. Abeg help!!

kevwemanuel:
If you have a BSc and you can raise #1million naira (this includes your flight ticket money), there's big hope for you in the US.

5 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 1:44am On Nov 28, 2020
YourGrandfather:
Bro i want to go for BSc but US seems like the first option for every Nigerian, I want somewhere low key and good. I have more than a million naira but i don't want to use it on what might not work. E go pain me. Abeg help!!

If you have up to #6 million you can target Norway. You don't pay tuition fees, but you'll need over #5milla for living expenses. A similar thing applies to Germany, but you will need your 100level Nigeria University transcript for Germany, which I guess you don't have.

You can also look at Russia. I think you'll see schools that require less than #1million for tuition.

You are avoiding USA, if not you can write SAT, blast the exam and get fully funded.

You can also visit the Canada thread on Nairaland to see if you can get cheap schools there.

If you can learn Portuguese, you can get a free education in Brazil, and I think Uruguay (Spanish).

You are looking for countries that are big and are not "shitholes", if not I would have recommended some Asia countries where school fees is cheap and you can be working.

So go through this list and make a decision.

All the best.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 1:53am On Nov 28, 2020
Thank You Very much, I don't have up to 6m but only 3m . Please can you recommend some Asian countries for me where i can be working.

kevwemanuel:

If you have up to #6 million you can target Norway. You don't pay tuition fees, but you'll need over #5milla for living expenses. A similar thing applies to Germany, but you will need your 100level Nigeria University transcript for Germany, which I guess you don't have.

You can also look at Russia. I think you'll see schools that require less than #1million for tuition.

You are avoiding USA, if not you can write SAT, blast the exam and get fully funded.

You can also visit the Canada thread on Nairaland to see if you can get cheap schools there.

You are looking for countries that are big and are not "shitholes", if not I would have recommended some Asia countries where school fees is cheap and you can be working.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 2:03am On Nov 28, 2020
Thank You wink

kevwemanuel:
Thailand, Indonesia,Cambodia

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 2:05am On Nov 28, 2020
kevwemanuel:
Thailand, Indonesia,Cambodia. The easiest job in these countries that I know of that pays quite well (above $800 monthly) is teaching job. Just research them well to know what you'll need to begin. But your money will be more than enough to take you there.

5 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 2:10am On Nov 28, 2020
This is cool, thank you very much Sir!

[quote author=kevwemanuel post=96515731][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 2:11am On Nov 28, 2020
YourGrandfather:
This is cool, thank you very much Sir!

You're welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Cousin9999: 2:20am On Nov 28, 2020
YourGrandfather:
Thank You wink

Asia is not the answer.

You and your friend need to stop scamming.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 2:30am On Nov 28, 2020
What do you mean by "scamming"? Please use your words wisely. If you have any opinion please drop it.

Cousin9999:

Asia is not the answer.

You and your friend need to stop scamming.

9 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by lascos912(m): 6:56am On Nov 28, 2020
YourGrandfather:
That's what i see people call it on nairaland.

there are many Nigerias in Ukraine they even go there to study
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Brawlscartel(m): 7:10am On Nov 28, 2020
First- with 3million you can study for free in Czech republic all you have to do is pay money for language preparatory course after 1year ur tution fee is free.........
But the visa approval rate in Nigeria is very low that's the bad thing.....

2nd- China you can study cheap in China also you gats do industry work if you don't have home backup....

3- Russia... You can do a 1 year language preparatory course in Russia with about 100k after that you will be studying in Russian
Note:: Your tution fee will be cheap like 50% splash... If you suppose pay $4000 you will pay $2000....

Note: there is job in Russia but to have it is hard because the person that wanna employ you will ask for job permit.. if you go to the authority for job permit they will say have job first that's the little problem there.....

Also you can be self employed like doing your own business eg. Mini importation I know of a guy in voronezh he is from Nigeria he cooks and sell.....

If you know ur way u make it in Russia....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by moradeke42109: 8:11am On Nov 28, 2020
What is your budget? preferred choice of country/rieswhat's skill and profession do you haveyou should give out needed information that will help you to get the needed advice and recommendations.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Venquire: 9:06am On Nov 28, 2020
kevwemanuel:

If you can learn Portuguese, you can get a free education in Brazil, and I think Uruguay (Spanish).

All the best.

What will you recommend for a graduate with a below 3.0 CGPA.

Will passing SAT count for a graduate with 2'2?

Modified: SAT is needed for undergraduates only.

4 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Brawlscartel(m): 9:22am On Nov 28, 2020
Venquire:

Last time I checked SAT is for undergraduate people

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:25am On Nov 28, 2020
Op you would need to write an entrance exam in Brazil for Brazilian universities. It's called vistabular. Almost all foreign universities have a sort of entrance exam they need to vet undergraduates. Your best bet would be to get a degree in Nigeria and then do masters abroad. Please get a degree in computer science or in medical related courses like medicine, nursing, physiotherapy or radiography. If you must go for engineering then do electrical electronics as they share the same courses with computer engineering and computer science. Do nothing else.

12 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by sweetmelanin(f): 9:33am On Nov 28, 2020
The problem with Nigerians (or the black man in general), is our inability to think outside the box.. life is not all about accumulating degrees and hustling in UK, Canada or USA.
.. we chase money & flashy things to the detriment of peace of mind, without considering if we may achieve happiness by living modestly in a country that isn't necessarily in the West.

Consider other African countries like Rwanda, Gambia & Mauritius .. these are fairly successful African nations.
or
South American countries like Colombia, Brazil etc where one can still find jobs in the developed areas of town.
or
go set up businesses in Caribbean countries where tourism is thriving!

Since our country has failed us, let's learn to think outside the box!

Do you know a taxi driver in Bahamas has a better quality of life than a banker in Lagos?
Do you know that thousands of educated African-Americans are relocating to Salvador, Brazil in search of a better, happy and more fulfilled life?

Think outside the box people.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Fatchi: 9:44am On Nov 28, 2020
kevwemanuel:

please am interested

I have bed in educational psychology(first class) and I can raise 1million please how can you help me?

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:54am On Nov 28, 2020
sweetmelanin:
The problem with Nigerians (or the black man in general), is our inability to think outside the box.. life is not all about accumulating degrees and hustling in UK, Canada or USA.
.. we chase money & flashy things to the detriment of peace of mind, without considering if we may achieve happiness by living modestly in a country that isn't necessarily in the West.

Consider other African countries like Rwanda, Gambia & Mauritius .. these are fairly successful African nations.
or
South American countries like Colombia, Brazil etc where one can still find jobs in the developed areas of town.
or

Do you know a taxi driver in Bahamas has a better quality of life than a banker in Lagos?
Do you know that thousands of educated African-Americans are relocating to Salvador, Brazil in search of a better, happy and more fulfilled life?

Rwanda and Gambia are shitholes. Very high unemployment rates and very high numbers of very poor people for any business to make sense. Brazil is fucking underrated men. That's the USA of south America. String economy that is rapidly growing. A very large population and good infrastructure with a government that cares for its citizens. It can also be used as a stepping stone to a better place.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Venquire: 10:12am On Nov 28, 2020
Brawlscartel:

Last time I checked SAT is for undergraduate people

Do you have any recommendation?
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 10:13am On Nov 28, 2020
Fatchi:

please am interested

I have bed in educational psychology(first class) and I can raise 1million please how can you help me?

Visit the General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 here on travel section and GRE thread in education section. Read it from the beginning to the end, you will know what to do.

But the summary is:
1) Prepare for GRE like your life depends on it. Make sure you get a good score. It's a maths and English exam. It costs circa $200

2)Prepare for TOEFL and get a good score. It's an English exam. It costs circa $200

3) Learn how to write a personal statement.

4) Research for US schools that meet your needs and apply to as many schools in the US as you can. I recommend you apply to 3 schools. Each application costs between $50 to $80. I also recommend you target PhD programs because they give you full funding plus monthly stipends automatically the moment you get admitted. And you can apply to PhD with only BSc.

5)Get admission, pay your SEVIS fee, I think it's circa $200 and Visa fee.

6) Prepare and go for your visa interview and succeed.

7)Book your flight to the US.

NB: Don't fail to go to the US students thread I recommended earlier and the GRE thread in education section. Also make sure you have your transcript with you, and have 2 to 3 of your undergraduate lecturers that are willing to write an amazing recommendation letter for you.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 10:39am On Nov 28, 2020
Venquire:

As a graduate you don't need to write SAT, you can only write GRE. But your CGPA is low so it might be very difficult for you to get fully funded.

You can state your skills and/or profession, preferred destination and your travel budget to get a better advice.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Fatchi: 11:05am On Nov 28, 2020
[quote author=kevwemanuel post=96523043]

Visit the General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 here on travel section and GRE thread in education section. Read it from the beginning to the end, you will know what to do.

But the summary is:
1) Prepare for GRE like your life depends on it. Make sure you get a good score. It's a maths and English exam. It costs circa $200

2)Prepare for TOEFL and get a good score. It's an English exam. It costs circa $200

3) Learn how to write a personal statement.

4) Research for US schools that meet your needs and apply to as many schools in the US as you can. I recommend you apply to 3 schools. Each application costs between $50 to $80. I also recommend you target PhD programs because they give you full funding plus monthly stipends automatically the moment you get admitted. And you can apply to PhD with only BSc.

5)Get admission, pay your SEVIS fee, I think it's circa $200 and Visa fee.

6) Prepare and go for your visa interview and succeed.

7)Book your flight to the US.

NB: Don't fail to go to the US students thread I recommended earlier and the GRE thread in education section. Also make sure you have your transcript with you, and have 2 to 3 of your undergraduate lecturers that are willing to write an amazing recommendation letter for you.
[/quotee

thanks so much

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by mechoau(m): 11:34am On Nov 28, 2020
sweetmelanin:

or
or

I love your sense of reasoning, I must confess that you sound so brilliant, intelligent, bright upstairs with lots of brain

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FAAN Headquarters On Fire (pic) / Which Country Would You Like To Relocate To Within The Next 5 Years? / Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.