Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

First Bank Wahala - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / First Bank Wahala (1337 Views)

I Got This Message From First Bank / Get First Bank Quick Loan, With No Collateral (student Loan) / A Nairalander Explains How To Block USSD Service To First Bank Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Wahala by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 28, 2020
I woke up dis morning and decided to buy data through my bank account (first bank),N100 worth of data, First bank deducted the N100 without crediting me data I thought it was network and tried it again same thing happened, they deducted another N100 without crediting me(making N200)
I then called Glo customer care,then they told me the fault wasn't from them since they didn't send me any message, Then they told me to contact first bank

I'm just so confused N200 gone just like dat
Re: First Bank Wahala by kmaster007: 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2020
Onotheo:
I woke up dis morning and decided to buy data through my bank account (first bank),N100 worth of data, First bank deducted the N100 without crediting me data I thought it was network and tried it again same thing happened, they deducted another N100 without crediting me(making N200)
I then called Glo customer care,then they told me the fault wasn't from them since they didn't send me any message, Then they told me to contact first bank

I taught am d only one... I recharged and dey deducted money frm my bank without crediting me... first bank suck
Re: First Bank Wahala by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
embarassed
kmaster007:
I taught am d only one... I recharged and dey deducted money frm my bank without crediting me... first bank suck

1 Like

Re: First Bank Wahala by lowkeybahdguy(m): 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
Re: First Bank Wahala by Achor1111(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2020
I am also a victim, 100*3times.
I have to use another bank.
Another day again, l tried it, same result but it was later reversed. May be my first transaction of 100*3times was reserved as well.
Re: First Bank Wahala by muller101(m): 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2020
Mine was #500. Useless bank
Re: First Bank Wahala by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
From all observations on the comments, I'm thinking that first bank are indirectly extorting our money
Re: First Bank Wahala by PlsBanMe: 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2020
First bank is the most useless bank in Nigeria. They stole 10k from me during COVID-19 lockdown when they deducted my money but they made the transfer to fail.

I complained severally. Wrote CBN twice. Seems like CBN is worse than them. They didn't even reply other than a auto generated email.

Useless bank. Ediot central bank

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Wahala by escohido123: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2020
Onotheo:

For airtime transaction funds us blocked pending wen nerchant claims funds,however if transaction is unsuccessful funds will be released to ur balance within 48 working hours but if successful ur account will be debited.
As it is now the funds is blocked on ur account.
If u check ur balance u will see a difference if #200 between ur available and book balance.
Re: First Bank Wahala by Achor1111(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
escohido123:

For airtime transaction funds us blocked pending wen nerchant claims funds,however if transaction is unsuccessful funds will be released to ur balance within 48 working hours but if successful ur account will be debited.
As it is now the funds is blocked on ur account.
If u check ur balance u will see a difference if #200 between ur available and book balance.
At times, they don't reverse it.
I am a victim
Re: First Bank Wahala by Nobody: 3:05am On Nov 29, 2020
I still have some transactions that are yet to be reversed from First Bank. Transfered funds to my other account, uninstalled first bank app and burnt my SIM.

I like peace of mind.
Re: First Bank Wahala by celwonder(m): 7:22am On Nov 29, 2020
I have accts with like 4 different banks but as per airtime I prefer recharging with First Bank x894# or Mobile app because if the recharge fails, it is always returned. I can bet on that.

Pls note that First Bank might not necessarily send alert for reversed failed airtime. U av to go tru ur acct statement on the mobile or get it printed to c it.

First Bank has their many faults but when it comes to airtime recharge, they are good.
Re: First Bank Wahala by jayinfo2(m): 7:29am On Nov 29, 2020
I'm sure u didn't check your account statement. They would have reversed it, but won't necessarily send an alert for it. I use first bank too and most failed transaction are reversed if not almost immediately, but less than an hour. Pls check ur account statement
Re: First Bank Wahala by ICEWIN: 8:39am On Nov 29, 2020
SAME WITH ME. I DID TRANSFER,I WAS DEBITED BUT THE RECEIVER WAS NOT CREDITED. I BOUGHT AIRTIME,I WAS CREDITED BUT DID NOT RECEIVE THE AIRTIME
Re: First Bank Wahala by heed101(m): 10:19am On Nov 29, 2020
Always check your balance. Failed transactions are always reversed without sms alert to avoid 4 naira sms charge on failed transaction reversal.
Re: First Bank Wahala by ICEWIN: 10:23am On Nov 29, 2020
heed101:
Always check your balance. Failed transactions are always reversed without sms alert to avoid 4 naira sms charge on failed transaction reversal.

HAVE CHECK TWICE.
NO SIGN OF REFUND.
Re: First Bank Wahala by escohido123: 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
Achor1111:

At times, they don't reverse it.
I am a victim

If failed blocks funds would be released and if successful ur account will be debited.
Re: First Bank Wahala by Achor1111(m): 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2020
escohido123:

If failed blocks funds would be released and if successful ur account will be debited.
it has been debited already but not credited to the number
Re: First Bank Wahala by escohido123: 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
Achor1111:

it has been debited already but not credited to the number

It is blocked on ur account.
If u have a mobile app y can check.There will b a difference between ur available and book balance of the amount if airtime purchased.
It is usually realised within 48 working hours if confirmed failed.
Re: First Bank Wahala by Achor1111(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
escohido123:

It is blocked on ur account.
If u have a mobile app y can check.There will b a difference between ur available and book balance of the amount if airtime purchased.
It is usually realised within 48 working hours if confirmed failed.
At times, after 48hrs hours it will not be reversed unless you walked in to any of their branch for complaint.
lt has happened to me several times
Re: First Bank Wahala by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
Achor1111:

At times, after 48hrs hours it will not be reversed unless you walked in to any of their branch for complaint.
lt has happened to me several times
I can't go to my bank cos transport to and fro is 200
It will just be as if am fooling myself
If d money was big now I'd have gone for complaint
Re: First Bank Wahala by Achor1111(m): 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
Onotheo:

First bank just dey chop people any how
Re: First Bank Wahala by SolomonGrundy: 8:03am On Nov 30, 2020
Onotheo:

Send dem an email, they will sort it out. It has happened to me b4.
Re: First Bank Wahala by Uzland: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2020
PlsBanMe:
First bank is the most useless bank in Nigeria. They stole 10k from me during COVID-19 lockdown when they deducted my money but they made the transfer to fail.

I complained severally. Wrote CBN twice. [b]Seems like CBN is worse than them. They didn't even reply other than a auto generated email.[b]

Useless bank. Ediot central bank
Lol... grin
Re: First Bank Wahala by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2020
Modified-
They have returned the money
But they should improve on their network speed

(1) (Reply)

Still On Itel P37, The Best Smartphone For Those On Budget / Ranking Of Africa's Cheapest 1GB Mobile Data 2023 / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.