Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Jehovah Of The Old Testament Is The Jesus Of The New Testament - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Of The Old Testament Is The Jesus Of The New Testament (226 Views)

The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) / Yahweh(god) Of Old Testament Is Satan - Scriptural Proof Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah Of The Old Testament Is The Jesus Of The New Testament by iruoghene7(m): 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2020
[center]Mystery of the Godhead (1)[/center]
JEHOVAH of the old testament is the Jesus of the new testament.
There is a misconception today that many people have about the God they so claim to know and believe. Many still believe that the God they serve is 3-in-1(i.e. trinity), that the Jehovah, the God almighty in the old testament is a complete distinct being from the Lord Jesus Christ of the new testament, this proves the confusion in Christendom today; among the denominations and we know without any speck of doubt that our God is not the author of confusion but he is the way, the truth and the life. Amen.
Now from the scriptures we would trace the person of the Lord Jesus Christ who he is from the old testament to the new testament. Let’s travel through the scriptures together if you don’t mind!
[center]OLD TESTAMENT[/centre]
First and foremost, Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
The same One God created the heavens and the earth as we see in Gen 1:1 and John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God. 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. Remember also the parable of the wheat and the tares Jesus Christ gave and the interpretation in Matthew 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man. (which means that he sowed Adam the first good seed).
From then on, the almighty God, the great JEHOVAH has been appearing to his prophets, his children as we see in Exodus 6:2-3 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
This same God speaking to Moses identified himself as the I am he in Deuteronomy 32:39: See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. Many years later in the same old testament this same God identified himself as I am he in Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.43:13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?
Please take note of the phrase I am he as we would be referring to it throughout this discussion. And we know there is only one savior i.e. the lord Jesus because Jesus means savior. Moses in deut.32:39 recorded the equivalence of isa.42:12, both scriptures were recorded by different prophets in different ages many years apart and yet said the said the same thing
[center]New Testament[/center]
Coming now to the new testament, let’s see how this same one and only God identified himself.
To the unbelieving Jews Jesus in John 8:56 said “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad”. When did Abraham saw his day? Refer to Gen 18. In john 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Jesus Christ identified himself as the “I am”. Again in John 8vs 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall surely die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he

To the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

As we can see from the scriptural citations, from the old to the new testament the same God identifying himself with the particular phrase (I am he) however, God’s word is never old. Brethren if we are not able to see Jesus Christ in the old testament then we are missing it somewhere. The JEHOVAH of the old testament is the JESUS of the new testament.
We would continue in our next segment on the Godhead, please enjoy your day and God bless you richly in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Jehovah Of The Old Testament Is The Jesus Of The New Testament by doggedfighter(f): 6:15pm On Nov 28, 2020
Bullcrap

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God Is So Amazing / What Do You Know About Egbesu, / Nigerians Founded Christianity American Church Has Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.