Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins (3294 Views)

The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins / Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas / Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by gregyboy(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ideadoctor:
The day Edo people will know their place is when Nigeria almagamation will be terminated, Edo folks will either go with Yoruba oduduwa republic or Igbo Biafra or Hausa arewa republic,why? because Benin is a minor tribe that needs support to remain relevant, Yoruba has always support them like brothers, but now they despises Yoruba people, the Benin people can't go with Biafra because the Igbo people will wear them out with their proud and dominating spirit, Arewa would view Benin people as banza if Benin attempt to go with arewa republic, Benin Will try to unite the deltan tribes so that they can gather enough resources to start a sovereign state,but it would not work, deltan tribes are hot blooded and difficult to tame, some deltan tribes even traced their anscentory to ife,Benin will not be able to unite the deltan tribes, Benin would try to be independent and start a solo Benin administration, but it would not work too,they have low population, low influence, high crime and prostitution rate, low mineral resources, that is when their head will correct and will come back to beg the yorubas like the prodigal son,all their ego,pride,boast will met away,that is when they will know that Yoruba are there father anytime, anyday,anywhere, all these morons insulting the Yoruba race on nairaland are shallow minded, you looking for trouble with people that are greater than you in all ramifications, you better be mindful of what you say in the real word, thank God we are in the 21th century if not yorubas would have sacked your tiny Benin city just the way Biafrans did in the 1960s.

Bini is a minor tribe yet, it broke out from the then Western region untouched

We will war the whole yoruba if that is our choice
And definitely we will defeat them again

Who are you to talk on a southern issue you impure fuani hybrid go back and debate on northern issues and stop having misplaced priorities

Oduduwa republic with kwara or ilorin speaks doomed
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Ideadoctor(m): 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
gregyboy:

You have a fulani blood and yet you claim yoruba when nigeria divide the sheep will surely be seprated from the goat

We here in the south have nothing to do with your fulani local government or any north central state ,any tribes that has a touch of fulani blood can never leave among humans here in the south

If it is the sacrifice the yorubas will have to pay to
Forget you lots to the fulanis they will do it for a better southern nigeria

I bet you're a fulani muslim from kwara

Your local government is even a fulani name chaii fulani really conquer yoruba ooh just the way benin conquer lagos, which one oyo conquer
Iyemwen cool

Chaiii

You be fulani hybrid

Stop deceiving yourself as a yoruba man, you dont have pure yoruba blood and our southern yoruba brother's will never allow you guys to be part of the new southern nigeria country

So stop deceiving yourself i will never have had a discussion with you if i knew you were of fulani extraction debating on yoruba topic can never make you yoruba so stop wasting your time and face the north

Just imagine lai Mohammed calling himself yoruba, he would not even calling himself yoruba but fulani

Goodbye yoruba aboki

my father a Yoruba from elerin lineage,my mother a Yoruba from elempe lineage,I am a pure Yoruba,if you see me I look nothing like Fulani, my allegiance, my loyalty belong to the alaafin and to the Ooni, I see you envy me because I am a Yoruba, if not you won't be concern about Yoruba or Fulani blood, anyways I don't understand the stereotype of viewing Fulani and Hausa has lesser humans, as a human being I respect all humans including Hausa Fulani but I hate cheating and injustice, if a Yoruba cheat an Hausa, I would side with the Hausa, and if a Hausa dare cheat or beat or injure my Yoruba brother, I am ready to die there, I don't do prejudice,you said Yoruba from the south would not accept me as authentic, are you the southern Yoruba? and if they don't, I don't need them to be,my heart is what matters, who I am in my heart,unlike you gregyboy, you wish to have a pint of Yoruba blood but destiny was against you..... to all yorubas on this forum I say" karaole o"

1 Like

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by gregyboy(m): 4:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ideadoctor:

my father a Yoruba from elerin lineage,my mother a Yoruba from elempe lineage,I am a pure Yoruba,if you see me I look nothing like Fulani, my allegiance, my loyalty belong to the alaafin and to the Ooni, I see you envy me because I am a Yoruba, if not you won't be concern about Yoruba or Fulani blood, anyways I don't understand the stereotype of viewing Fulani and Hausa has lesser humans, as a human being I respect all humans including Hausa Fulani but I hate cheating and injustice, if a Yoruba cheat an Hausa, I would side with the Hausa, and if a Hausa dare cheat or beat or injure my Yoruba brother, I am ready to die there, I don't do prejudice,you said Yoruba from the south would not accept me as authentic, are you the southern Yoruba? and if they don't, I don't need them to be,my heart is what matters, who I am in my heart,unlike you gregyboy, you wish to have a pint of Yoruba blood but destiny was against you..... to all yorubas on this forum I say" karaole o"

What befall afonja alami will befall any yoruba that align with kwara or ilorin

Stop day dreaming fulani breed you aint yoruba

I urge all true yorubas t denounce such coalition with any yoruba from middle belt

They are not different from lai Mohammed and bukola saraki
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Ideadoctor(m): 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Bini is a minor tribe yet, it broke out from the then Western region untouched

We will war the whole yoruba if that is our choice
And definitely we will defeat them again

Who are you to talk on a southern issue you impure fuani hybrid go back and debate on northern issues and stop having misplaced priorities

Oduduwa republic with kwara or ilorin speaks doomed

you are mad! and suicidal,take a look at Nigeria map,look at our population,our intellect,our connection our wits,our just brutality, I swear only ekiti state would put an end to your little Benin if we are to war, you no fit,we would wipe you out without a drop of sweat, you fool,you are calling on trouble, you coward son of cowards, your fathers are scared of Yorubas in war and built moats so that they would not be invaded by sons of oduduwa,despite your moats we conquered and enslaved your anscenstors,yorubas don't build walls or dig moats, they step out of their comfort zone made slaves of there neighbours including your anscenstors
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by gregyboy(m): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ideadoctor:

you are mad! and suicidal,take a look at Nigeria map,look at our population,our intellect,our connection our wits,our just brutality, I swear only ekiti state would put an end to your little Benin if we are to war, you no fit,we would wipe you out without a drop of sweat, you fool,you are calling on trouble, you coward son of cowards, your fathers are scared of Yorubas in war and built moats so that they would not be invaded by sons of oduduwa,despite your moats we conquered and enslaved your anscenstors,yorubas don't build walls or dig moats, they step out of their comfort zone made slaves of there neighbours including your anscenstors

I have no intention discuss southern history with a fulani just go
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Ideadoctor(m): 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2020
gregyboy:

What behalf afonja alami will befall any yoruba that align with kwara or ilorin

I urge all true yorubas t denounce such coalition with any yoruba from middle belt

I see your fear,you are trying to cause disunity among Yorubas, you think we are fools, when you get time come to kwara state and search for Moro local government, when you get there just tell somebody,anybody " you are a Fulani " if they born u well do am,that ur head wey no correct, telling yorubas from south to beware of northern Yorubas as if you care about the Yoruba nation
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by DenreleDave(m): 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2020
gregyboy:

What behalf afonja alami will befall any yoruba that align with kwara or ilorin

U this boy.. After Tao11 dehumanized u finish... U wan make ideadoctor behead u..

Why u too like to dey suffer ursef??

2 Likes

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Ideadoctor(m): 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2020
gregyboy:

I have no intention discuss southern history with a fulani just go
oti ya were tipe tipe omo Iran kiran
common Bleep off

1 Like

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by gregyboy(m): 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ideadoctor:

oti ya were tipe tipe omo Iran kiran

common Bleep off

Mad eniyan
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Ideadoctor(m): 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
[quote author=gregyboy post=97063589]

I have no intention discuss southern history with a fulani just go[/quote.

Had I known you are as dumb has these I would not have step so low to discuss Yoruba history with s fucking animal, you slowpoke, you will never break from the curse of slavery that is operating in your tribe, every now and then daughters of Edo are been trafficked has sex slaves around the globe,if you ever dare lay your mouth in Yoruba history it shall not be well with you

1 Like

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Ideadoctor(m): 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Mad eniyan

Get out
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by gregyboy(m): 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
[quote author=Ideadoctor post=97064258][/quote]

You're fulani, leave southern issues with south

You are not a pure breed and you are not to interfere in southern issues

Imagine discussing yoruba history with a man from the north self claiming yoruba as identity
No wonder you couldn't get my point

All the way fron the north to be discussing history concerning two southerners for what
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Ideadoctor(m): 5:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
gregyboy:

You're fulani, lba as identity
No wonder you couldn't get my point

All the way fron the north to be discussing history concerning two southerners for what
Get lost,don't you understand English?

1 Like

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by sesan85(m): 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
TAO11:
To the Benin people on this thread:

What is your Yoruba name? grin

Comment below:
Even their Oba is called "Ikeji Orisha" and "ovbi' Adimula" (son of Adimula). Don't forget Oduduwa's other appellation is "Olofin Adimula" lol. I wonder why they didn't call their Oba "ovbi' Ekaladerhan." Lol.

3 Likes

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Edeyoung: 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2021
Tao11
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Edeyoung: 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2021
sesan85:
Even their Oba is called "Ikeji Orisha" and "ovbi' Adimula" (son of Adimula). Don't forget Oduduwa's other appellation is "Olofin Adimula" lol. I wonder why they didn't call their Oba "ovbi' Ekaladerhan." Lol.

Now you will, ask, any edo, if they understand what is ikeji orisha

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by TAO11(f): 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
@Edeyoung (aka @gregyboy), how many times must your A.F.C. Ryder screenshot be debunked before you feel ashamed of yourself ?? cheesy

Edeyoung:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13410734_beninife_jpeg6a7a60b85f1e96049f54408a72807f5b

Please point out one statement of fact/certainty from your A.F.C. Ryder 1965 screenshot. I would wait. smiley

While I’m waiting, refer carefully to the page below for a citation of A.F.C. Ryder 1969, p.31. — 4 years later. grin

Cheers!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13410825_d068e656589b4bbbb298a34dd1d5cdcc_jpeg_jpeg60c0b8c88f425856c2f91ce1774288a0

Cc: sesan85

1 Like

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by TAO11(f): 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
Edeyoung:
Now you will, ask, any edo, if they understand what is ikeji orisha
That is the very point we’re emphasizing. grin

That is to say, you are not expected to understand what it means because it is a Yoruba praise-title of the Oba of Benin. grin

Some of these Yoruba praise-titles of the Oba of Benin were collected and published by Richard E. Dennett.

Three of such Yoruba titles of the Benin king which he collected and published are:

(1) Ọba (”OBA), (2) Àdìmúlà (”ADIMILA [sic]), (3) Õṣà-[Ì]kejì (”O SAKEJI [sic]).

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13422134_a91c69eed6004812b4d577b58af03a8d_jpeg_jpeg46b30fba3f0d0cd12f3e53a6e04a1142
Reference: Richard. E. Dennett; “At The Back of the Black Man’s Mind”: Or Notes on the Kingly Office in West Africa; London, Macmillan and Co., Limited (The New York Macmillan Company); 1906, p. 181.

Cheers!

Cc: sesan85, nisai, Simbrixton, macof

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Edeyoung: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2021
TAO11:
That is the very point we’re emphasizing. Edos are not supposed to know what it means because it is a Yoruba praise-title of the Yoruba-Oba of Benin. grin

Some of the Yoruba praise-title of the Oba of Benin were collected and published by Richard E. Dennett.

Three of such Yoruba titles of the Benin king which he collected and published are:

(1) Ọba (”OBA), (2) Àdìmúlà (”ADIMILA [sic]), (3) Õṣà-[Ì]kejì (”O SAKEJI [sic]).

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13422134_a91c69eed6004812b4d577b58af03a8d_jpeg_jpeg46b30fba3f0d0cd12f3e53a6e04a1142
Reference: Richard. E. Dennett; “At The Back of the Black Man’s Mind”: Or Notes on the Kingly Office in West Africa; London, Macmillan and Co., Limited (The New York Macmillan Company); 1906, p. 181.

Cheers!

Cc: sesan85

So you hurrily posted it to me Because a whiteman wrote it, hoping it will apoease me... Lol

Any praise name of the oba of Benin beyond 1897 is invalid and doctored

Or

Give me a praise name written by an edo from 1897 till 2010, that support the yoruba praise names of the oba of benin
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by TAO11(f): 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2021
Edeyoung:
[s]So you hurrily posted it to me Because a whiteman wrote it, hoping it will apoease me... LolAny praise name of the oba of Benin beyond 1897 is invalid and doctored [b]Or[/b]Give me a praise name written by an edo from 1897 till 2010, that support the yoruba praise names of the oba of benin[/s]
Sorry, an Edo man at the time can’t even write his own name. cheesy

And those are really embarrassing information up there.

Take heart! ❤️

1 Like

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Edeyoung: 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
TAO11:
Sorry, an Edo man at the time can’t even write his own name. cheesy

And those are really embarrassing information up there.

Take heart! ❤️

Mtcheew bloody empty trolls
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by TAO11(f): 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
Edeyoung:
Mtcheew bloody empty trolls
Stop! Be a man! You shouldn’t cry in public. Now hold back those tears. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Edeyoung: 12:05am On Apr 21, 2021
TAO11:
Stop! Be a man! You shouldn’t cry in public. Now hold back those tears. cheesy

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by TAO11(f): 12:49am On Apr 21, 2021
How many times must your A.F.C. Ryder screenshot be debunked before you feel ashamed of yourself ?? cheesy

Edeyoung:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13410734_beninife_jpeg6a7a60b85f1e96049f54408a72807f5b

Please point out one statement of fact/certainty from your A.F.C. Ryder 1965 screenshot. I would wait. smiley

While I’m waiting, refer carefully to the page below for a citation of A.F.C. Ryder 1969, p.31. — 4 years later. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13410825_d068e656589b4bbbb298a34dd1d5cdcc_jpeg_jpeg60c0b8c88f425856c2f91ce1774288a0

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by Edeyoung: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2021
TAO11:
How many times must your A.F.C. Ryder screenshot be debunked before you feel ashamed of yourself ?? cheesy

Cheers!

Hope you know am not always replying this comment because you made no tangible point there
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by TAO11(f): 9:05am On Apr 21, 2021
Edeyoung:
[s]Hope you know am not always replying this comment because you made no tangible point there[/s]
‘Iti bọribọ’ cheesy

Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by theTranslator: 3:09am On Apr 23, 2021
What's wrong with our bini brothers here??
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by BiniSupremacist: 11:43am On Apr 23, 2021
theTranslator:
What's wrong with our bini brothers here??

What is wrong with the yorubas twisting our history to favour their coward history
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by theTranslator: 11:50am On Apr 23, 2021
BiniSupremacist:

What is wrong with the yorubas twisting our history to favour their coward history
your moniker shows that you suffer from inferiority complex

stay in your lane I stay in mine
truthshots gregy valirex and co are all suffering from the minority complex

good luck trying to rewrite history
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by BiniSupremacist: 11:51am On Apr 23, 2021
theTranslator:
your moniker shows that you suffer from inferiority complex

stay in your lane I stay in mine
truthshots gregy valirex and co are all suffering from the minority complex

good luck trying to rewrite history

And you're suffering from majority complex
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by theTranslator: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2021
BiniSupremacist:

And you're suffering from majority complex
I've never said Yoruba is supreme or superior facts prove that I don't need to lie to feel relevant I don't need to re write history
Re: The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins by theTranslator: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anaocha LGA Confers Chieftaincy Title On Doctor Okeke / Popular Misconceptions Europeans And Americans Have About Africa... (lolz) / African Proverbs - Bbc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.