Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over (4142 Views)

How Can A 300L Student Don't Know The HOD Of Department. / Sylvia Nduaguba Chinwedu, IMSU Best Graduating Mechanical Engineering Student / LAUTECH 300L Engineering Student,seun Olagbende Builds A Home Automation System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2020
Hello, with the unstable educational system in Nigeria evident by the current ASUU strike, i've started looking for scholarships abroad for my BSC in engineering. I'm currently in 300l, but wouldn't mind starting over.

I'm on three scholarships, and the sum would have me with Enough funds next year. Please help my research on countries that would give full tuition, and a budget of 2m that will aid my struggle.

PS: Europe is more preferable for me. Germany, Austria.etc

Cc:Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by paul100(m): 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hannania:
Hello, with the unstable educational system in Nigeria evident by the current ASUU strike, i've started looking for scholarships abroad for my BSC in engineering. I'm currently in 300l, but wouldn't mind starting over.

I'm on three scholarships, and the sum would have me with 1.3m next year. Please help my research on countries that would give full tuition, and a budget that my 1.3m will aid my struggle.

Cc: Justwise

Please foster to frontpage
Bro,post this in the travel section.It is very very hard to get this scholarship.The best thing to do is complete your bachelor's degree here with a first class or at least a 4. (You are almost done),then write those exams like GRE and ILETS .I am in 200level and that is my plans after graduating.Keep at least 300k,it will be enough for everything.

5 Likes

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2020
paul100:

Bro,post this in the travel section.It is very very hard to get this scholarship.The best thing to do is complete your bachelor's degree here with a first class or at least a 4. (You are almost done),then write those exams like GRE and ILETS .I am in 200level and that is my plans after graduating.Keep at least 300k,it will be enough for everything.
I have that in sight, but if i get the Bsc route, i'll take it ASAP
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hannania:

I'm on three scholarships, and the sum would have me with 1.3m next year. Please help my research on countries that would give full tuition, and a budget that my 1.3m will aid my struggle.

Cc: Justwise

Please foster to frontpage
I am also a 300l engineering student...I am also thinking in the same direction..but no sponsorship yet..
but how come 3 scholarships amount to #1.3m??.. because most undergraduate scholarships do pay #300k at most..

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2020
paul100:

Most masters scholarships require first class..they rarely choose 4. guys...that is if you are to choose a developed country.
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by kolad59: 10:45pm On Nov 29, 2020
yusman14:
I am also a 300l engineering student...I am also thinking in the same direction..but no sponsorship yet..
but how come 3 scholarships amount to #1.3m??.. because most undergraduate scholarships do pay #300k at most..
it is called special scholarship
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by feruzzy: 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2020
Please brother i am a student in 200level studying computer science and informatics i would love to apply for one of the scholarships for nigerian student even if na 150k just one i have not been lucky to get any please put me through whatsapp number 09058464135
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Uyi168: 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2020

My children will not be raised here.
Thats all I have to say.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by VTJN(m): 9:20am On Nov 30, 2020
paul100:

300k to write exam?
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by paul100(m): 10:25am On Nov 30, 2020
VTJN:
300k to write exam?
Not exactly,Gre exam is around 70k and ILETS is also around that amount plus other stuffs like international passport which is compulsory for these exams.200k is ok to be on the safe side.
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by aygbolly2: 11:13am On Nov 30, 2020
Hannania:

please what are the scholarships? do you mind sharing us so that we can also benefit?
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2020
[quote author=yusman14 post=96571950]I am also a 300l engineering student...I am also thinking in the same direction..but no sponsorship yet..
but how come 3 scholarships amount to #1.3m??.. because most undergraduate scholarships do pay #300k
State government scholarship (my school fee). Some are more than that

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
yusman14:
Most masters scholarships require first class..they rarely choose 4. guys...that is if you are to choose a developed country.
You get it all wrong. Western nations look at your over all profile to award scholarships. In USA for instance, from 3.5CGPA and above, with a strong SOP(statement of purpose) LOR(letter of recommendation) and high GRE scores of 310/340 with IELTS 7/9 or TOFEL 110/120, you can get full funding.
With 4.0/5, your CGPA should read around 3.5/4, which is good.

Forget the firstclass notion, even though with it, and an average profile, you can easily get funding.

But with 2.1, your chances are equally same.

PS: Aim for firstclass to get a seemless process, but not at the expense of your overall profile.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by frankosivue(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
feruzzy:
Please brother i am a student in 200level studying computer science and informatics i would love to apply for one of the scholarships for nigerian student even if na 150k just one i have not been lucky to get any please put me through whatsapp number 09058464135
Federal University, Otuoke?
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Lastbornbuns: 9:25am On Dec 01, 2020
[quote author=Hannania . [/quote]
I suggest you edit your post just to be on the safe side.

Focus on finishing your undergraduate with a very good grade. It's easier to do postgraduate studies in developed countries with a 1st degree than doing undergraduate there. Their requirements for most of their undergraduate degrees are not easily gotten especially for Nigerians. E.g some UK schools do not recognise waec/neco. You'll have to do hnd/ond, 1 or 2yrs of undergraduate in nigeria, IB Diploma etc and all these things require time. So, it's actually better, time wise to complete your undergraduate here and move on to PG there. Unless you were prepped right from secondary school for an undergraduate degree outside.

This is just based on my research and may not be applicable to all schools in all developed countries.
I know Cyprus accepts waec

3 Likes

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 10:18am On Dec 01, 2020
[quote author=Lastbornbuns post=96612780][/quote] You're right, they don't recognize our O'level results, but they accept out 100l transcript to lieu that. If i do get the chance, i'm going for it ASAP. Thanks anyways.

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2020
kolad59:
it is called special scholarship
lol..ok o
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 10:51am On Dec 01, 2020
Hannania:
You get it all wrong. Western nations look at your over all profile to award scholarships. In USA for instance, from 3.5CGPA and above, with a strong SOP(statement of purpose) LOR(letter of recommendation) and high GRE scores of 310/340 with IELTS 7/9 or TOFEL 110/120, you can get full funding.
With 4.0/5, your CGPA should read around 3.5/4, which is good.

Forget the firstclass notion, even though with it, and an average profile, you can easily get funding.

But with 2.1, your chances are equally same.

PS: Aim for firstclass to get a seemless process, but not at the expense of your overall profile.
You are really informed bro...most graduates don't even know all these ..is it a must to write all those exams?? and is monthly stipend always part of funding for full scholarship?
Only GRE and English proficiency test should be okay na...give me your WhatsApp number let's discuss more.
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 10:58am On Dec 01, 2020
paul100:

300k?? please can you break down each exam fees...
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 11:01am On Dec 01, 2020
feruzzy:
I will put u through ..infact you will be a beneficiary of at least 2 scholarships..if you are on 3.5+,then it is good...
70:30...deal??
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by mousano(f): 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2020
yusman14:
I will put u through ..infact you will be a beneficiary of at least 2 scholarships..if you are on 3.5+,then it is good...
70:30...deal??
Deal. A first class student here. 4.81 cgpa however in my final year.
Is it still possible?
Can you help with summer internship Abroad?
Been researching about that on Google but not getting tangible and direct information.

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2020
yusman14:
You are really informed bro...most graduates don't even know all these ..is it a must to write all those exams?? and is monthly stipend always part of funding for full scholarship?
Only GRE and English proficiency test should be okay na...give me your WhatsApp number let's discuss more.
If your aim is to study in USA, then writing the GRE is a step to give you an edge, even when schools make it optional. Most GRA(Graduate research Assistant) and TA(Teaching Assistant) positions look at you GRE and English test for funding even when the faculty does not consider it for admission.

Just few top schools in Europe and the Erasmus scholarship do ask for the GRE. E.g TUM, RWTH( Germany), TU Delft in Holland etc.

Finally, the full funding varies, some come with stipends, while others might be just tuition.

For my contact, i advice you dm me through mail.
Lets get to the top togethersmiley

2 Likes

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Promisev123(f): 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2020
The source of passion in assisting Nigerian undergraduates in securing scholarships is simple. I secured the Shell award in my undergraduate days and it paved a way for my internship program with the company. The simple act of taking chances can not be overemphasized.

On Tuesday 3rd of December 2020, Eromo Okonedo, Alaneme Chinenyenwa Ugochi and I will guide you on your path to securing undergraduate Scholarships as well as share our stories on the three scholarships listed which are currently open for application.

Time: 8pm
Date: Thursday 3rd December 2020
Venue: Whatsapp

Register via this link: https:///dwBXyem

Please #Share, a lot of undergraduates are yet to see this

frankosivue:
Federal University, Otuoke?
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hannania:
If your aim is to study in USA, then writing the GRE is a step to give you an edge, even when schools make it optional. Most GRA(Graduate research Assistant) and TA(Teaching Assistant) positions look at you GRE and English test for funding even when the faculty does not consider it for admission.

Just few top schools in Europe and the Erasmus scholarship do ask for the GRE. E.g TUM, RWTH( Germany), TU Delft in Holland etc.

Finally, the full funding varies, some come with stipends, while others might be just tuition.

For my contact, i advice you dm me through mail.
Lets get to the top togethersmiley
Alright bro...sent a dm already.

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2020
mousano:
Is it still possible?
Been researching about that on Google but not getting tangible and direct information.
It is very difficult getting a summer internship abroad as a Nigerian except you have a special call up from the company..If you are in a federal university,it is not allowed to do your intership outside Nigeria base on the last Senate law of NUC...

The only scholarship I know that accept final year students is seplat and they just concluded this year online test few days ago..and seplat is not about CGPA,they always choose randomly..I won't give up on seplat.. I applied twice with a good CGPA..
since you are in finals,you should try seplat next year and I will be updating you during the course of the processing.. What course and school?
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Lastbornbuns: 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
You can be on the lookout for ptdf overseas scholarship, British chevening scholarship for masters and commonwealth scholarship for masters and phd. I highly doubt you can do your internship abroad unless it's a virtual one. But when doing your masters, you can do a sort of internship or placement year as part of your masters. In all, information is key. Even before I entered uni I was already checking out scholarships grin who no like better thing? That your Cgpa is calling my name o.. sadly, it's already out of reach cry
mousano:
Is it still possible?

2 Likes

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Lastbornbuns: 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
^^^
If google is not helping out, try adding nairaland at the end of your search. E.g us study visa nairaland, us scholarships nairaland etc. You'll be amazed at the results grin it's what I normally do and it's yet to disappoint me

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Lastbornbuns: 11:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
Yes o. Who no like better thing? me sef, if I get I'm going. final year or first year, e no concern me grin
Hannania:
You're right, they don't recognize our O'level results, but they accept out 100l transcript to lieu that. If i do get the chance, i'm going for it ASAP. Thanks anyways.

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by mousano(f): 6:38am On Dec 03, 2020
Lastbornbuns:
You can be on the lookout for ptdf overseas scholarship, British chevening scholarship for masters and commonwealth scholarship for masters and phd. I highly doubt you can do your internship abroad unless it's a virtual one. But when doing your masters, you can do a sort of internship or placement year as part of your masters. In all, information is key. Even before I entered uni I was already checking out scholarships grin who no like better thing? That you Cgpa is calling my name o.. sadly, it's already out of reach cry
lol @ the latter part of your reply.

Thanks for the information.
I'll definitely be on the lookout.

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
mousano:
Is it still possible?
With this your CGPA, start preparing for GRE from now. I bet you, you'd with out stress get full funding in USA even straight to PHD if you so wish. Just get 325+ and set your profile straight, dear ! You don't know what your hard work has got installed for you.
I'm making same preparations also, but my options are spread out even in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by mousano(f): 3:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hannania:
With this your CGPA, start preparing for GRE from now. I bet you, you'd with out stress get full funding in USA even straight to PHD if you so which. Just get 325+ and set your profile straight, dear ! You don't know what your hardwork has got installed for you.
I'm making same preparations also, but my options are spread out even in Europe.
Thank you. Just patiently waiting for ASSU to call off the strike so I can complete my program.

My sister is also presently working towards studying for masters in the United States.

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by DAramis: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
mousano:
Thank you. Just patiently waiting for ASSU to call off the strike so I can complete my program.

My sister is also presently working towards studying for masters in the United States.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Leeds Vs University Of Manchester Which Is Better? / Pls Is Olabisi Onabanjo University Consult Real? / How Did You Meet Your First Lover In The University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.