Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over (4143 Views)

How Can A 300L Student Don't Know The HOD Of Department. / Sylvia Nduaguba Chinwedu, IMSU Best Graduating Mechanical Engineering Student / LAUTECH 300L Engineering Student,seun Olagbende Builds A Home Automation System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
mousano:
Thank you. Just patiently waiting for ASSU to call off the strike so I can complete my program.

My sister is also presently working towards studying for masters in the United States.
That's a good one
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by NairalandSARS: 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lastbornbuns:

You dey mention cyprus. U wicked o.

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 12:41pm On Dec 05, 2020
DAramis:

What course are you studying currently and the university? I do know STEM courses do stand a higher chance of securing mouth watering funding compared to others.

Keep it up, it is not easy having such CGPA (first class) especially in most federal institutions.
I am also on a good CGPA.. metallurgical and materials engineering,OAU..can I get full funding for masters in the USA?
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by DAramis: 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
yusman14:
I am also on a good CGPA.. metallurgical and materials engineering,OAU..can I get full funding for masters in the USA?

Sure bro. I once followed up the US scholarship stuff. From the information I have, you need to write Gre, tofel and get excellent recommendation letters from Dr or assistant professors (I think it is the minimum) before you will put in an application.

The schools selected must be balanced in such a way that, the best, average and normal are chosen during your application to increase your chances of getting funding.

Search for US students visa, Gre, and tofel thread to be able to follow the recent trends on those points mentioned above.

I was only inquisitive to know which field of study she is in (of course, engineering courses in most federal universities is frustrating and hardly do you see people having such results) but it seems like she is not interested in answering the questions.

All in all, put in your best.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
DAramis:

Sure bro. I once followed up the US scholarship stuff. From the information I have, you need to write Gre, tofel and get excellent recommendation letters from Dr or assistant professors (I think it is the minimum) before you will put in an application.

The schools selected must be balanced in such a way that, the best, average and normal are chosen during your application to increase your chances of getting funding.

Search for US students visa, Gre, and tofel thread to be able to follow the recent trends on those points mentioned above.

I was only inquisitive to know which field of study she is in (of course, engineering courses in most federal universities is frustrating and hardly do you see people having such results) but it seems like she is not interested in answering the questions.

Alright... thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by kolad59: 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2020
yusman14:
Shana...

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by kolad59: 3:13pm On Dec 06, 2020
DAramis:

thanks for this, I'm not in uni yet tho, but I wish to do my masters in a technology school in USA(Massachusetts institute of technology,MIT).. do you have any idea about them?
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2020
kolad59:
thanks for this, I'm not in uni yet tho, but I wish to do my masters in a technology school in USA(Massachusetts institute of technology,MIT).. do you have any idea about them?
Getting into MIT is very achievable. But note the following:

1.It's with facts that they stand as the No. University in the world
2. It has some of the 1% smartest people in the world(Nigerians included)
3. They almost never fund MSC but PHD, which means you should get set to cough out $75k+(30+ million Naira) for msc totally.

With the above, you should know you need near perfect scores, which still does not guarantee entry. MIT is quoted for a reason. They have around 5% acceptance rate, which means you need to be exceptional. smiley

E.g.. Elect/comp Engineering would get 3000 applications, and only about 150 would be admitted. Note that applications do triple that amount.
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by descarado: 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2020
Hannania:

3. They almost never fund MSC but PHD, which means you should get set to cough out $75k+(30+ million Naira) for msc totally.

With the above, you should know you need near perfect scores, which still does not guarantee entry. MIT is quoted for a reason. They have around 5% acceptance rate, which means you need to be exceptional. smiley

E.g.. Elect/comp Engineering would get 3000 applications, and only about 150 would be admitted. Note that applications do triple that amount.
Some yrs back, a poor guy( can't remember his name but surname is okeke) who lived with a relative in university of Nigeria nsukka staff quaters got admitted into MIT through scholarship. This guy failed jamb twice. He came out as the best graduating student of the school and broke record of almost 100yrs. That was during obasanjo time. The man was so bitter he said the guy should be happy he received a handshake from him.

So it's a possibility. Have u heard of good luck before?
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by DAramis: 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
kolad59:

No idea bro, but I know that school is one of the best (might be among the top 5 schools) school in USA.

You need to be in top among the top students in your school with sterling voluntary services rendered to the community to supplement it.

There is nothing wrong in aiming for the moon. If you didn't reach it, at least you can touch the stars

2 Likes

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by kolad59: 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
DAramis:

No idea bro, but I know that school is one of the best (might be among the top 5 schools) school in USA.

You need to be in top among the top students in your school with sterling voluntary services rendered to the community to supplement it.

There is nothing wrong in aiming for the moon. If you didn't reach it, at least you can touch the stars
Thanks for this bro, I just got to know them cos the university I am aspiring to for Direct Entry is using their syllabus..I watched series of lectures from their professors and I really like their approach of lecturing, not just explaining only theories but practical application is always demonstrated during lecture as well.
I think they are currently in number one or two among the university.

If possible sef, I wish to do my undergraduate there...lol.
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by kolad59: 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
Hannania:

wow, the money is huge o, and I am going for electrical and electronics engineering...

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by kolad59: 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
descarado:

Some yrs back, a poor guy( can't remember his name but surname is okeke) who lived with a relative in university of Nigeria nsukka staff quaters got admitted into MIT through scholarship. This guy failed jamb twice. He came out as the best graduating student of the school and broke record of almost 100yrs. That was during obasanjo time. The man was so bitter he said the guy should be happy he received a handshake from him.

wow, anything can happen.
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
kolad59:
wow, the money is huge o, and I am going for electrical and electronics engineering...
How good is your extracurricular activities ? It's a major decider. These schools need an all round scholar, not just a bookworm. Thats why most inventions come from around there.
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
descarado:

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. You said it your self, he was the best in his school at home, which means he was among the 1% of his class. I know two fellows from UI that got funding there in 2017 and 2019. Note, they all got into PHD.
MIT don't usually fund MSC, that was what i was pointing to the guy.
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by descarado: 8:55am On Dec 07, 2020
Hannania:
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. You said it your self, he was the best in his school at home, which means he was among the 1% of his class. I know two fellows from UI that got funding there in 2017 and 2019. Note, they all got into PHD.
MIT don't usually fund MSC, that was what i was pointing to the guy.
I didn't say he was the best in his school at home. Said he was the best in MIT. He broke their record.
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by kolad59: 9:30am On Dec 07, 2020
Hannania:
How good is your extracurricular activities ? It's a major decider. These schools need an all round scholar, not just a bookworm. Thats why most inventions come from around there.
I always busy myself learning skills related with my course..

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by kolad59: 9:37am On Dec 07, 2020
descarado:

I didn't say he was the best in his school at home. Said he was the best in MIT. He broke their record.
I thought you said he graduated as best in UNN, I was wondering that UNN isn't 100years yet.
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by NairalandSARS: 9:50am On Dec 07, 2020
Hannania:
Hello, with the unstable educational system in Nigeria evident by the current ASUU strike, i've started looking for scholarships abroad for my BSC in engineering. I'm currently in 300l, but wouldn't mind starting over.

I'm on three scholarships, and the sum would have me with Enough funds next year. Please help my research on countries that would give full tuition, and a budget of 2m that will aid my struggle.

PS: Europe is more preferable for me. Germany, Austria.etc

Cc:Lalasticlala
How old are you?
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2020
descarado:

Really ? Send a link or something to back up that claim.
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2020
kolad59:
I always busy myself learning skills related with my course..
Something out of your course, like volunteer service gives you an edge
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2020
NairalandSARS:

How old are you?
what does it matter
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by kolad59: 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2020
Hannania:
Something out of your course, like volunteer service gives you an edge
volunteer service like...
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2020
kolad59:
volunteer service like...
like leadership positions on campus, boys scouts, NGO, sports(with medals) competitions etc
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Lastbornbuns: 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2020
To get scholarships in such schools, you must have shown remarkable skills in your field of study. It's not all good luck. It is very possible and should be any prospective student's aim to get a full free ride. Although, Competition is fierce. Check very well with that your guy. Check his research proposal, his academic records etc. Also, hope you know that failing jamb does not make one a dummy, could've been he was a victim of circumstance then.
descarado:

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Meekun: 3:20pm On Dec 11, 2020
Hi,
Please is there anyone applying for a. graduate program in North Carolina A&T State University for Fall 2021 plus can anyone enlighten me on how wes is been used.

Thank you!
God bless
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by paul100(m): 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
Meekun:
Hi,
Please is there anyone applying for a. graduate program in North Carolina A&T State University for Fall 2021 plus can anyone enlighten me on how wes is been used.

Thank you!
God bless
Ask this one"how to get high scores in GRE"
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Evkunle: 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
yusman14:
300k?? please can you break down each exam fees...

Well 300k is a little on the high side sha... Except if it includes your visa processing fees and maybe the school application form.

The current Exam fees:
GRE 50k TOEFL 50K SAT 50K IELTS 75K gmat 80K

You can reach out for registration via WhatsApp 08132765285
Registration is stress free and guaranteed
We can also help you secure scholarships

Guaranteed scores to win scholarship and other funding opportunities
Score gmat 700 GRE 325 TOEFL 110 min guaranteed

Simply put, we will help you gain that admission with scholarship and financial aid by giving you top score. gmat 700, GRE 325 guaranteed. How? Talk to us today 08132765285

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
Evkunle:

Well 300k is a little on the high side sha... Except if it includes your visa processing fees and maybe the school application form.

The current Exam fees:

You can reach out for registration via WhatsApp 08132765285
Registration is stress free and guaranteed

Simply put, we will help you gain that admission with scholarship and financial aid by giving you top score. gmat 700, GRE 325 guaranteed. How? Talk to us today 08132765285
ok sir.
Which of the exams will I need to write for USA full scholarship?
Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Hannania(m): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2020
yusman14:
ok sir.
Careful with Nairaland folks. Go to a typical Uni site in a proposed US school, and see all requirement. GRE(Top scores) get you close to funding, but your overall profile is of uttermost importance

2 Likes

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by yusman14(m): 8:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
Hannania:
Careful with Nairaland folks. Go to a typical Uni site in a proposed US school, and see all requirement. GRE(Top scores) get you close to funding, but your overall profile is of uttermost importance
Alright.. thanks

1 Like

Re: I'm A 300l Engineering Student Looking For BSC Abroad To Start Over by Evkunle: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
yusman14:
ok sir.

First off, before registering for any of the exams,

You need to know what you want to study.

After that, you can go about it in two ways:

1. Research for Scholarships on that course and note the schools eligible for the scholarship.

2. Research for a particular school that you want to attend and check the school for available Scholarships.

Either way, you'll probably need to write either IELTS, GRE or both. The requirements varies from school to school, scholarship to scholarship and by course.

You can register for all your international exams. Current Exam fee
Genuine and Affordable Registration fee within 24 hours
WhatsApp 08132765285

https://mcfedututors.com/s?Exam-Registration&id=7407402

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ICAN Exam Centre In Lagos / How Did You Meet Your First Lover In The University. / What Course Can You Study With SLT In University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.