Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics (2000 Views)

Liberty Walk Body-kitted Suzuki Jimny SUV VS Mercedes-benz G-wagon:see The Diff. / The Interior Of 2019 Mercedes Benz G Class (Photos) / Man Drives His Benz G-wagon To 215 Countries Over 26 Years Covering 900,000KM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by naijadrivablog: 1:31am On Nov 29, 2020
So a Toyota got totaled after it rear ended a Mercedes Benz G55 AMG, which suffered minor damage.

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by mejai(m): 3:20am On Nov 29, 2020
Only the rear? See wahala.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by Originalsly: 4:25am On Nov 29, 2020
Hmmm.... is this the best you can do? Let ne see who can possibly be dumber.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by weyreypey: 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
naijadrivablog:
So a Toyota rear ended a Mercedes Benz G55 AMG
No basis for comparison. A landcruiser UN version will do same to any Mercedes Benz sedan

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by mejai(m): 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
weyreypey:

No basis for comparison. A landcruiser UN version will do same to any Mercedes Benz sedan
That landcruiser na armoured tank.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by 9icetoo(m): 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Three things to consider.
1. The front end of new vehicles are designed as crumple zones. They will deform to absorb impact and protect pedestrian
2. The saloon sits lower than the G wagon meaning the impact will affect mostly the bonnet, grill, lights etc (all designed to deform). The impact wasn't transfered to the chassis which supports the radiator and sits directly behind the bumper.
3. Look at the rear of the G wagon and take note of the hidden tow hitch.
That tow hitch has been bent meaning it bore much of the brunt of the impact.
Those tow hitches are really nasty if you ever encounter them.

Just to educate those who may not know and would want to jump into the silly toyota vs mercedes argument.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by 2cribz: 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dis one na drunk yahoo boy for yankee na
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by naijadrivablog: 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
weyreypey:

By UN version, you mean ARMORED?
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by sultaan(m): 6:44am On Nov 30, 2020
Damn!!! its going to cost more to fix that scratch than to replace the Toyota

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by Alvin007: 6:58am On Nov 30, 2020
Doesn’t look like a Toyota logo to me. angry

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2020
Stupid thread.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by mikdaf: 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2020
Alvin007:
Doesn’t look like a Toyota logo to me. angry

Hyundai logo not Toyota this how evil people wrong create tread...

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by Alvin007: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2020
mikdaf:

Hyundai logo not Toyota this how evil people wrong create tread...
It’s a Ford!

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by kingreign(m): 4:27am On Dec 01, 2020
naijadrivablog:
So a Toyota got totaled after it rear ended a Mercedes Benz G55 AMG, which suffered minor damage.
On the contrary, when you look under that chassis rail of that truck (Gwagon), then you'd notice the very serious damage it has which would definitely cause it to bend. That truck chassis is over 30years design with no inclusion of crumple zones. A bent chassis is a terrible thing to have in a car and will be more difficult and expensive to fix. By the way, the damaged vehicle is a Ford
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by sultaan(m): 8:22am On Dec 01, 2020
Alvin007:

It’s a Ford!

Lets make this thread interesting.

Look well, think its a Innoson car
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by Alvin007: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2020
sultaan:

Lets make this thread interesting.

Look well, think its a Innoson car
They will soon come for you... grin
If it had been the Innoson, the vehicle would’ve vaporized.. cheesy
The damaged vehicle is a 2012 Ford Focus.

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by babyboy4every1: 8:36am On Dec 01, 2020
Let the Benz also hit the same car from behind and see the damages too.
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by kingreign(m): 9:39am On Dec 01, 2020
babyboy4every1:
Let the Benz also hit the same car from behind and see the damages too.
The momentum from the larger vehicle will damage the smaller vehicle more.
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by sultaan(m): 10:08am On Dec 01, 2020
Alvin007:

They will soon come for you... grin
If it had been the Innoson, the vehicle would’ve vaporized.. cheesy
The damaged vehicle is a 2012 Ford Focus.

For those of us who like Ford cars, it seems like we can't defend this level of damage in what looks like a small accident.

But credit to Ford and their crumple zone technology, the car will be replaced and the driver is alive considering the speed she was driving at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYFPyOEth48&t=5m47s
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:10am On Dec 01, 2020
sultaan:

For those of us who like Ford cars, it seems like we can't defend this level of damage in what looks like a small accident.

But credit to Ford and their crumple zone technology, the car will be replaced and the driver is alive considering the speed she was driving at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYFPyOEth48?t=300

Lmao.
Every car on the road now has crumple zones and is crash tested. There's no technology involved, just have to follow crash regulations.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by sultaan(m): 10:15am On Dec 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lmao.
Every car on the road now has crumple zones and is crash tested. There's no technology involved, just have to follow crash regulations.

You want to try that in a Toyota Hiace?
Or Our Proudly made in Nigeria Innoson

Its not that I want any harm done to anyone , but just to look at the most fatal vehicle on Nigerian roads and compare the result to the cars we loat
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by weyreypey: 10:30am On Dec 01, 2020
sultaan:

You want to try that in a Toyota Hiace?
Or Our Proudly made in Nigeria Innoson

Its not that I want any harm done to anyone , but just to look at the most fatal vehicle on Nigerian roads and compare the result to the cars we loat
Toyota hiace is evil on wheels
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by 9icetoo(m): 10:31am On Dec 01, 2020
Like I suspected, the thread is becoming stupid.
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by mejai(m): 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2020
weyreypey:

Toyota hiace is evil on wheels
CAPITAL EVIL.
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by sultaan(m): 2:04pm On Dec 01, 2020
9icetoo:
Like I suspected, the thread is becoming stupid.

How?
Now we know it is not a Toyota but a Ford Focus.
The car was going about 50mph or 80km/h.
The driver walked out of this wreck.

When you compare it to your average everyday accident on Nigerian roads by the most fatal model(hiace), and the Chinese brand our brothers believe is patriotic.
If you can go home to your family after an accident like that with all body parts intact, I'll say it is a pretty good car

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by 9icetoo(m): 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
sultaan:

How?
Now we know it is not a Toyota but a Ford Focus.
The car was going about 50mph or 80km/h.
The driver walked out of this wreck.

When you compare it to your average everyday accident on Nigerian roads by the most fatal model(hiace), and the Chinese brand our brothers believe is patriotic.
If you can go home to your family after an accident like that with all body parts intact, I'll say it is a pretty good car
First, the topic.
Second, some of the half baked comments.
The toyota Hiace performs poorly on front crash test ratings and is rightly banned in the usa. In japan, china, korea etc it is widely in use. Nigeria isn't better than any of those countries.

The toyota Hiace is a people mover in Nigeria because we don't have a functional mass transit system (rail, coaches, ferries etc). In the absence of a functional mass transit system, the government has turned a blind eye to a flawed "people mover".
The driver of a marcopolo bus will suffer the same fate as the driver of a Hiace bus. Both lack crumple zones. I haven't seen anyone slate the "marcopolo" bus.

Innoson is a car "manufacturer" and also into plastics and so many other products.

Some of his vehicles include fox and granite.
Are these unsafe too?
Have you seen the crash test ratings to prove they are unsafe?
Or should we just jump on the bashing bandwagon?

Let's be objective.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by Bighead5: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
Toyota na poor People motto. May I never be poor to use Toyota. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by sultaan(m): 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2020
9icetoo:

First, the topic.
Second, some of the half baked comments.
The toyota Hiace performs poorly on front crash test ratings and is rightly banned in the usa. In japan, china, korea etc it is widely in use. Nigeria isn't better than any of those countries.

The toyota Hiace is a people mover in Nigeria because we don't have a functional mass transit system (rail, coaches, ferries etc). In the absence of a functional mass transit system, the government has turned a blind eye to a flawed "people mover".
The driver of a marcopolo bus will suffer the same fate as the driver of a Hiace bus. Both lack crumple zones. I haven't seen anyone slate the "marcopolo" bus.

Innoson is a car "manufacturer" and also into plastics and so many other products.

Some of his vehicles include fox and granite.
Are these unsafe too?
Have you seen the crash test ratings to prove they are unsafe?
Or should we just jump on the bashing bandwagon?

Let's be objective.

It is not about bashing but I am taking an objective look at what we as a country pay so much money for and the cost in human lives we have lost.

The Hiace is the most deadly car on Nigerian roads either by design or use. Those Marco Polo are deadly too, but Hiace is easily capable of 100% fatality rate at 50mph.
Innoson assembles some models, but their safety level should be a little less than the average Chinese car.

If I am spending so much to buy a car, I will consider the safest for me and my family. Thank God for Sienna, it is very good that our transporters are now using a safer model to move out people.
Re: Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics by 9icetoo(m): 11:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
sultaan:

It is not about bashing but I am taking an objective look at what we as a country pay so much money for and the cost in human lives we have lost.

The Hiace is the most deadly car on Nigerian roads either by design or use. Those Marco Polo are deadly too, but Hiace is easily capable of 100% fatality rate at 50mph.
Innoson assembles some models, but their safety level should be a little less than the average Chinese car.

If I am spending so much to buy a car, I will consider the safest for me and my family. Thank God for Sienna, it is very good that our transporters are now using a safer model to move out people.
Can you prove his assembled cars are a little less safe than the Chinese assembled cars? Do you have figures?

The sienna is undoubtedly good as a people mover but it is not efficient cost wise. In the absence of regulations, transporters will use what they deem cost efficient.

The flat faced shuttle bus is not only made by toyota. Nissan has theirs. So do the Chinese.

My point is, do not blame the car maker, but the system that allows the car to be used for a role it shouldn't be used for.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Swapping Tyre Sizes On A Sedan..... / All New 2016 Honda Pilot / Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.