Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children (18175 Views)

Ike Eweama Promoted To Colonel In US Army (Photos) / Police Officer, Uju Okeke Promoted Today. Shares Photos / Janet John: Pretty Soldier Promoted In The Nigerian Army (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by hisexcellency34: 5:16am On Nov 29, 2020
The police have arrested one Peter Okoro, an official of a motorbike assemblage company in Lagos, for allegedly sending a threat message to the Financial Controller of the firm, Mrs Grace Ejeh.

Okoro, who is the union chairman in the company, reportedly asked Ejeh to resign within three weeks or risk being killed together with her two children.

Sunday PUNCH learnt that Okoro sent the threat message on November 7, 2020 – three days after Ejeh was promoted to her new position from Assistant Financial Controller.

In the message, a copy of which was obtained by our correspondent, Okoro boasted that he only needed three bullets to ‘finish’ Eje and her “two kids,” but said he didn’t want to spill blood provided she vacated the office within three weeks.

The text read in part, “I have been following u (you) right from ur (your) house. I also follow ur (your) kids to school on a daily basis, but I don’t want to waste my bullet on any of u (you).

I can equally pour u (you) acid and allow u (you) to die slowly but I will not; better leave (name of the company withheld) and stay away from ur (your) house. Don’t even border (sic) to find me or trace me because u (you) will regret it. A word is enough for the wise; don’t be smart….Be warned.”

Ejeh told our correspondent that the threat left her and her children traumatised, adding that the case was reported to the police at Area G, Ogba.

Detectives were said to have traced the phone number used for sending the message to Okoro and he was arrested on Thursday, November 21.

She said, “Since then, life has been so traumatic. My children are still young. Mistakenly I had a discussion about it in their presence. They are scared to go into the bathroom. I was told to leave my house and my children had to be stopped from going to school. It has been very traumatic.

Initially, the suspect, who happens to be the union chairman in the company, confessed that the message was sent through his mobile phone. But he claimed somebody must have used the phone to send the SMS when he left it in the union office where he was charging it. He later owned up that he sent the message.

“There is an ongoing negotiation with the union on retrenchment. Until a few weeks back, I was the Assistant Financial Controller. The redundancy exercise started with the expatriates. My immediate boss who is an expatriate was affected.

The policy of the company is that a Black person can’t be the Financial Controller. So, his exit did not preempt anything until recently when some of the directors called all the heads of department, announced my boss’ exit and told them that for the first time, they would not replace him with an expatriate. They told the HoDs that I would step in as the Financial Controller. The announcement was made on a Wednesday and I received the SMS on Saturday (that weekend).”

Okoro was arraigned on Wednesday on two counts bordering on threat to life and was remanded in Kirikiri Correctional Centre pending when he would perfect his bail conditions.

The case was adjourned till January 19, 2020

https://punchng.com/company-worker-arrested-for-threatening-to-kill-promoted-colleague-children/

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by Sundrus: 5:20am On Nov 29, 2020
Na wa....world people.

1 Like

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by nairavsdollars(f): 5:24am On Nov 29, 2020
This kind of evil man shouldn't be granted bail. He can still perfect that evil act when out. Keep him behind bars till judgment is pronounced

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by JudasNaCarrot: 5:29am On Nov 29, 2020
A very wicked man, even more than Buhari. Just imagine, he thought they wont trace him. Now his yam have done.....let him eat it.

Enemies are all over, from house to market place and even workplace.
They are everywhere you go like MTN.

Come....that name sounds familiar.

12 Likes

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by MajesticKris: 5:35am On Nov 29, 2020
One thing I hate so much about our judicial system..
That man will perfect his bail, n still go after that WOMAN...
He should remain there,He's not a man...
He's a SIMPING MAN angry,Why will you be jealous of a woman!?
Women are always blessed to be favoured ahead of Men Anywhere...

12 Likes

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by Simplyleo: 6:17am On Nov 29, 2020
Okoro

2 Likes

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by superlanny(m): 6:25am On Nov 29, 2020
People always forget that we are all on a timer here, no amount of money will give us the ability not to die, just ask Micheal Jackson, Ajimobi, Abba Kyari, etc.

So the endless rush for wealth, fame and the likes, na grave e go still end.

10 Likes

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by oluwaseyi0: 7:20am On Nov 29, 2020
Are we all pretending not to notice the racists companies in Nigeri

Imagine, a black cannot become financial controller only the white - there are so many of them in this country especially foreign companies

And for you Okoro prepare for your jail time

14 Likes

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 29, 2020
superlanny:
People always forget that we are all on a timer here, no amount of money will give us the ability not to die, just ask Micheal Jackson, Ajimobi, Abba Kyari, etc.

dem forget that part say nothing dey this life

2 Likes

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by Karlovich: 8:01am On Nov 29, 2020
Ipigz and envy, no wonder they are fleeing their region in large numbers

8 Likes

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 29, 2020
The guy is just another frustrated man walking the streets.

Besides, I also suspect he's been harbouring some sort of animosity towards the lady for a long time but has probably been trying to keep it down or conceal it(at such great pain).

If you ask me, the promotion was just a trigger- the final straw of sorts. He didn't just wake up to send a threat message out of the blue. The beef has always been there.

Meanwhile, Mr Okoro more Kirikiri to your days if this is true.

6 Likes

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by etibaba(m): 8:41am On Nov 29, 2020
hisexcellency34:
The policy of the company is that a Black person can’t be the Financial Controller. So, his exit did not preempt anything until recently when some of the directors called all the heads of department, announced my boss’ exit and told them that for the first time, they would not replace him with an expatriate. They told the HoDs that I would step in as the Financial Controller. The announcement was made on a Wednesday and I received the SMS on Saturday (that weekend).”
What kind of policy is this? Funny enough she won't be paid what the expatriate was being paid, neither will her bonuses be close to his(expatriate) despite occupying same position and performing similar job function.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by pk2me: 8:59am On Nov 29, 2020
Let him spend the remaining days of his life in jail coz he will still kill the woman after his bail.

1 Like

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by assnal: 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Where's Righteousness89 let him come and tell us how the actions of the company worker is proof that Jesus is coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by Kobicove(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
This guy probably had deep-seated hatred towards the woman before this promotion

1 Like

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
hmm
Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by bigdammyj: 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
Noted
Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by elganzar(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
Vv
Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
positivevibez:
dem forget that part say nothing dey this life
Everything dey this life, wetin come dey inside death?
Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by mar1juana: 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
Some kind men sha-no like other ppl progress

DJ arbeg Play me Holy ground by Davido ABT

1 Like

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by YorubaKinging: 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
The end is near
Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

Imagine, a black cannot become financial controller only the white - there are so many of them in this country especially foreign companies

We should also note that thw company too has replaced the white with a black woman, who also happens to.be the victim of the threat
Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by Perfecttouchade: 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
Frustrated idiot
Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
superlanny:

And you think any of those people have any regrets, they lived; saw amazing and did amazing things and impacted millions.

My friend we all hope to be better people, there is nothing wrong with admitting that you want to do great things, even if you fail to achieve it at least you would have improved yourself and experience different aspects of life.

Quit this Vanity bullshit already.

Money is life, deal with it. Except you want to become a monk or go to your Village and be farming.
Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by petitejolie(f): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

even the Nigerians can’t support one another. How many foreigners have threatened demselves in taking up a position in dis companies.

2 Likes

Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by success1smyn(m): 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
This devil should not be granted bail.
Re: Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children by ablejesus26(m): 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Karlovich:
Ipigz and envy, no wonder they are fleeing their region in large numbers

You are the first person to type rubbish here dat means there is certainly no hope for you in this life and 600yrs to come

shun bigotry

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B / Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.