Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

ASUU Denies Agreeing To Call Off Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Denies Agreeing To Call Off Strike (484 Views)

ASUU Denies Suspending Strike / ASUU Denies Reaching Agreement With FG / ASUU Denies Any Form Of Negotiation And N15.89bn Payment Rumour, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Denies Agreeing To Call Off Strike by NewsMuncher: 7:09am On Nov 29, 2020
Nigeria’s Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has denied rumors that it has agreed to call off its 8 Month strike.

Recent reports had revealed that the striking lecturers decided to call off the strike after the Federal government pledged the sum of N30 billion as revitalization fund and N40 billion for earned allowances. The Federal government had also agreed to settle salary arrears of striking lecturers on or before the 31st of December 2020, even though lecturers had not worked for 8 Months since the industrial action begun.

However, in an apparent U-turn, ASUU’s President, Prof. denied knowledge of an existing agreement with the Federal government. He said:

” I am not aware. All I know is that we had a meeting and we are going to report to our members. But I don’t know about suspension of the strike.”

His words seem to have dashed the hopes of many Nigerian Students earnestly looking forward to going back to the Classroom.

Source:
https://newswatch24tv.com/2020/11/29/ASUU-denies-agreeing-to-call-off-strike/

Re: ASUU Denies Agreeing To Call Off Strike by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:11am On Nov 29, 2020
Na wá ooo
Re: ASUU Denies Agreeing To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 29, 2020
NewsMuncher:
Nigeria’s Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has denied rumors that it has agreed to call off its 8 Month strike.

Recent reports had revealed that the striking lecturers decided to call off the strike after the Federal government pledged the sum of N30 billion as revitalization fund and N40 billion for earned allowances. The Federal government had also agreed to settle salary arrears of striking lecturers on or before the 31st of December 2020, even though lecturers had not worked for 8 Months since the industrial action begun.

However, in an apparent U-turn, ASUU’s President, Prof. denied knowledge of an existing agreement with the Federal government. He said:

”I am not aware. All I know is that we had a meeting and we are going to report to our members. But I don’t know about suspension of the strike.”

His words seem to have dashed the hopes of many Nigerian Students earnestly looking forward to going back to the Classroom.

Source:
https://newswatch24tv.com/2020/11/29/ASUU-denies-agreeing-to-call-off-strike/
It's expected. I'm not surprised because this government is renowned to be full of lies and deceptions.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is School A Scam / Back To School: What Do You Plan On Doing Differently This Time? / DOWNLOAD: The Life Changer By Khadija Abubakar Jalli: JAMB 2021 Novel (PDF Downl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.