Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? (408 Views)

Oro Worshippers & Truth And Spirit Prophetic Church Clash In Lagos, One Dead / What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Crunchyg2: 7:58am On Nov 29, 2020
I have heard preachers say man has body, soul and spirit and that spirit is what receives salvation when one gives his life to christ, so that means it is the spirit of a man that goes to. Heaven or he'll, if I am right, so my question is why the bible say the soul that sin shall die. This confuses me as I don't know again if the spirit is what is going to die or the soul or are we to say that the soul and the spirit are the same.
Please bible scholars your attention is needed here. Thanks.
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Jones4190(m): 8:15am On Nov 29, 2020
Crunchyg2:
I have heard preachers say man has body, soul and spirit and that spirit is what receives salvation when one gives his life to christ, so that means it is the spirit of a man that goes to. Heaven or he'll, if I am right, so my question is why the bible say the soul that sin shall die. This confuses me as I don't know again if the spirit is what is going to die or the soul or are we to say that the soul and the spirit are the same.

We human beings are complicated. Every one of us is unique, with different backgrounds and personalities. But with respect to how God created us, we’re actually all the same. The Bible tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:23 that we were all created with three basic parts: a spirit, a soul, and a body, generally all human being has this here things.
Our body through its five senses contacts the visible, touchable, tangible things of the material world.
Our soul, though unseen, is just as real as our body. By our soul, we experience things in the psychological realm. Our soul is composed of our mind, which enables us to do things like think, reason, consider, remember, and wonder; our emotions, which enable us to have feelings like happiness, sorrow, anger, relief, and compassion; and our will, which enables us to choose and make decisions.
But we are even more than just a body with a soul within. We have a part that’s deeper than our soul—our spirit, which is the deepest and most hidden part of our being. By our spirit we can contact the spiritual realm. No other creature was created with this third part, the spirit, within.
I will talk about this more when I'm back from church
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Harshirama(m): 8:16am On Nov 29, 2020
Man is a spirit that has a soul and lives in a body. Most times, spirit and soul are used interchangably in the bible. It's easy to know the difference by checking the context.
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Crunchyg2: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2020
Harshirama:
Man is a spirit that has a soul and lives in a body. Most times, spirit and soul are used interchangably in the bible. It's easy to know the difference by checking the context.
OK, so are we to say that soul and spirit are together or the same?
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Kobojunkie: 8:27am On Nov 29, 2020
Crunchyg2:
Rather than listen to so-called Preachers whose mouths are full of nothing but lies, may I suggest you pick up a copy of the Bible to read through and learn for yourself of what is written.
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Kobojunkie: 8:29am On Nov 29, 2020
Harshirama:
Man is not a spirit at all. Man was created flesh and blood, a being created right for this dimension(we like to call the Physical). Man has a soul indeed but the Spirit in man is, what you say, the breath of God deposited in man.
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Crunchyg2: 8:35am On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Rather than listen to so-called Preachers whose mouths are full of nothing but lies, may I suggest you pick up a copy of the Bible to read through and learn for yourself of what is written.
What is your take on the topic?
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Crunchyg2: 8:37am On Nov 29, 2020
Jones4190:

We human beings are complicated. Every one of us is unique, with different backgrounds and personalities. But with respect to how God created us, we’re actually all the same. The Bible tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:23 that we were all created with three basic parts: a spirit, a soul, and a body, generally all human being has this here things.
Our body through its five senses contacts the visible, touchable, tangible things of the material world.
Our soul, though unseen, is just as real as our body. By our soul, we experience things in the psychological realm. Our soul is composed of our mind, which enables us to do things like think, reason, consider, remember, and wonder; our emotions, which enable us to have feelings like happiness, sorrow, anger, relief, and compassion; and our will, which enables us to choose and make decisions.
But we are even more than just a body with a soul within. We have a part that’s deeper than our soul—our spirit, which is the deepest and most hidden part of our being. By our spirit we can contact the spiritual realm. No other creature was created with this third part, the spirit, within.
I will talk about this more when I'm back from church
What goes to hell, is it the soul or the spirit of a man?
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Crunchyg2: 8:41am On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Man is not a spirit at all. Man was created flesh and blood, a being created right for this dimension(we like to call the Physical). Man has a soul indeed but the Spirit in man is, what you say, the breath of God deposited in man.
So what goes to hell or heaven if a man dies, is it the soul or the spirit because you are saying that the soul and the spirit are different from each other
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by esomchi98820: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2020
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Harshirama(m): 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
Crunchyg2:

OK, so are we to say that soul and spirit are together or the same?
The soul contains the feelings and emotions, more like the mind. They are different.
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Harshirama(m): 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Man is a spirit being. The man without God is separated from God spiritually, in other words, spiritually dead.
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Crunchyg2: 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
Harshirama:

The soul contains the feelings and emotions, more like the mind. They are different.
So if they are different which one dies when we sin, is it the body, the soul or the spirit?
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Kobojunkiee: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
Harshirama:
Man is a spirit being. The man without God is separated from God spiritually, in other words, spiritually dead.
I hate to be the one to break this news to you but no, unbelievers are not "spiritually dead" at all. They are flesh and blood like you, and their soul intact, just like yours... their spirit, probably disconnected from God like yours may still be, and referred to by names such as the following :
in·tu·i·tion
/ˌint(y)o͞oˈiSH(ə)n/

----a thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning.

* hunch
* feeling
* feeling in one's bones
* gut feeling
* funny feeling
* inkling
* sneaking suspicion
* suspicion
* impression
* premonition
* presentiment
* foreboding
* satori
* feeling in one's water

This is what the spirit in man is popularly referred to as, in the world... it is separate from the human soul and mind, and it is not under the direct control of man ... it belongs to God, and it serves God's purpose inside of every human being out there.

So, when next you hear your so-called pastors and preachers talking of people being "spiritually dead", you need to follow the prompting of your spirit by asking them what in the world they are talking about when the spirit that God installed in man, the breath of life, lives inside of every man wicked or not.
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Kobojunkiee: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
Harshirama:
So, when a person takes an anti-depressant or any mood-altering drug, are you suggesting then that this medication is able to penetrate deep into the person's soul to alter his mood and feelings from within? undecided

Feelings and emotions reside in the human mind and not the soul. Please develop a higher level of resistance to trash. Refuse to swallow up every trash message you are fed by so-called pastors and preachers without reprocessing for validity. In fact, if God Himself never said, never believe it.

1 Like

Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
Crunchyg2:

So what goes to hell or heaven if a man dies, is it the soul or the spirit because you are saying that the soul and the spirit are different from each other
Depends!
For example, in the Bible, Heaven and Hell are only promised to those who believed in Jesus Christ and not to those who do not.
So, for those who believe in Jesus Christ, they have eternal life and so their mind, body and souls goes to continue eternity to wherever their journey takes them.
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Crunchyg2: 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Depends!
For example, in the Bible, Heaven and Hell are only promised to those who believed in Jesus Christ and not to those who do not.
So, for those who believe in Jesus Christ, they have eternal life and so their mind, body and souls goes to continue eternity to wherever their journey takes them.
So you are saying their body, soul and spirit goes to hell. But we were meant to understand that God breath into man and man became a living being and that breath is the spirit of man, so are you saying that breath of God (spirit) will also go to hell
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Crunchyg2: 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
Harshirama:

When you say spiritually dead, are you trying to say that he no longer has a spirit. Should we say that what is now existing in that man is only body and soul no spirit?
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Kobojunkiee: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
Crunchyg2:
So you are saying their body, soul and spirit goes to hell. But we were meant to understand that God breath into man and man became a living being and that breath is the spirit of man, so are you saying that breath of God (spirit) will also go to hell
Again, it depends on what religion you refer to. As far as the Bible goes, the Breath of God in man is not man - it belongs to God. As for Heaven and Hell, you go, as you are, into whichever one you end up with - there is no data available to suggest that you are diminished/or enhanced in any way when you do.
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Harshirama(m): 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
Crunchyg2:

When you say spiritually dead, are you trying to say that he no longer has a spirit. Should we say that what is now existing in that man is only body and soul no spirit?

Separated from God, that's what spiritually dead means. That doesn't mean he no longer has a spirit.
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Harshirama(m): 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
So, when a person takes an anti-depressant or any mood-altering drug, are you suggesting then that this medication is able to penetrate deep into the person's soul to alter his mood and feelings from within? undecided

Feelings and emotions reside in the human mind and not the soul. Please develop a higher level of resistance to trash. Refuse to swallow up every trash message you are fed by so-called pastors and preachers without reprocessing for validity. In fact, if God Himself never said, never believe it.

Which so called pastors?
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Harshirama(m): 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
I hate to be the one to break this news to you but no, unbelievers are not "spiritually dead" at all. They are flesh and blood like you, and their soul intact, just like yours... their spirit, probably disconnected from God like yours may still be, and referred to by names such as the following :

This is what the spirit in man is popularly referred to as, in the world... it is separate from the human soul and mind, and it is not under the direct control of man ... it belongs to God, and it serves God's purpose inside of every human being out there.

So, when next you hear your so-called pastors and preachers talking of people being "spiritually dead", you need to follow the prompting of your spirit by asking them what in the world they are talking about when the spirit that God installed in man, the breath of life, lives inside of every man wicked or not.

Be willing to learn and don't be proud. So you mean the human spirit serves God's purpose inside unbelievers too?

Like I said, man is a spirit being just like other spirits and has a soul but lives in a body.
The concept of being born again is enough to explain it to you. Anyone who believes in Jesus receives life through the Holy Spirit into his spirit.
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Harshirama(m): 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkiee:

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing even to the point of dividing soul from spirit, and joints from marrow; it is able to judge the desires and thoughts of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by Kobojunkiee: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2020
Harshirama:
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing even to the point of dividing soul from spirit, and joints from marrow; it is able to judge the desires and thoughts of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12
How does this answer the question posed to you? undecided
Re: Does All Human Have Body Soul And Spirit Or Is It Only Born Again Christians? by sonmvayina(m): 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2020
Man is the soul..when God breathed into man, man became a living soul, at Death, the soul dies and ceases to exist. A soul or man can die,and death is just return to default settings..the spirit or breath of God returns to him and becomes one with him , just like pouring a cup of water into the ocean. And the body returns to the earth from where it was taken.for proper understanding dead the whole of Ecclesiastes..pay attention to 12:7

(1) (Reply)

See The Reason Why Satan Is Black And Jesus Is White / Christmas: Mesut Özil Wish his Fans Merry Christmas (picture) / Pastor's Wife Poured Hot Water On Choir Mistress For This...| Tiz Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.