Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,115 members, 7,807,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help (22896 Views)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / How To Keep Rats Away From Eating Your Car Wires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by rubyjan(f): 8:40am On Nov 29, 2020
My area has suddenly been filled with rats. Recently they have started attacking cars and causing havoc.

Two of my neighbours cars can no longer start. Just yesterday I decided to service my car and when the mechanic opened the hood, rat droppings and smell were everywhere.

Please how do I chase these demonic creatures away??. Someone suggested placing charcoal inside the engine compartment, but if the car is dtiven, would the charcoal not be heated up?

Thanks in advance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by majamajic(m): 9:02am On Nov 29, 2020
The best solution is to drive the car everyday , rats cant near hot engine at night. Once they noticed the car is always hot they will not come close

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by fnep2smooth(m): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2020
Buy rat poison..... And always clean your environment , don't park your car close to waste bin.

I build website... Black friday promo
Pay when the job is completed.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2020
rubyjan:
My area has suddenly been filled with rats. Recently they have started attacking cars and causing havoc.

Two of my neighbours cars can no longer start. Just yesterday I decided to service my car and when the mechanic opened the hood, rat droppings and smell were everywhere.

Please how do I chase these demonic creatures away??. Someone suggested placing charcoal inside the engine compartment, but if the car is dtiven, would the charcoal not be heated up?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry about your experience. They are notorious for eating up wires and other stuffs, thus, making the car unable to start

I think constant usage and avoid packing on a spot for long, with the heat and change of parking location at intervals, they would vacate over time

12 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by shitshappen(m): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2020
Mot balls, buy the big ones and drop at strategic locations inside your hood ( bonnet). If the rat infestation​ is that bad just mantain a container of ten to fifteen big size mot balls that you place under your car ( bonnet end) each evening after you use your car. Thank me later

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by cluewebhost(m): 8:26am On Nov 30, 2020
shitshappen:
Mot balls, buy the big ones and drop at strategic locations inside your hood ( bonnet). If the rat infestation​ is that bad just mantain a container of ten to fifteen big size mot balls that you place under your car ( bonnet end) each evening after you use your car. Thank me later

Moth balls don't chase them o, especially the big rats

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by NaijautoDotCom(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2020
We have written the same topic on Naijauto.com. Check it out! https://naijauto.com/car-maintenance/how-to-avoid-animals-in-car-7260

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Lexusgs430: 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
Whilst you park your car at home, just leave the engine running....... Rats don't like hot engines....... wink

Failing this...... Move house....... cheesy
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
Cat, of course.

16 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by legionISproteus: 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
majamajic:
The best solution is to drive the car everyday , rats can near hot engine at night. Once they noticed the car is always hot they will not come close
on the contrary, they would prefer a warm engine especially if the night was cold.

rubyjan, the solution is a clean environment. Get rid of the breeding grounds for rats and take away things that would attract them to your area e.g. refuse bags and bins. This is very important because if you don't do it, using rat poison would not work

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by eleojo23: 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2020
There must be an open waste bin or waste dumping site somewhere.

All the residents of your area should clean the environment and you would have solved most of the problem.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by 0taPiaPia(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
The rat got to the car from your house.. tackle it from the root. Fumigate your house and the car same day. Clean all surroundings that can serve as breeding ground for rats.

Keep my Bootle of 1960 bitters.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Heavenschild: 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
grin
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by iHart(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
Relocated from that "public house" area.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by nihinlade(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
I am also about to tryout a solution I learnt online. Mint oil. Spray it around the engine. They hate the smell.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by YorubaKinging: 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
The end is near

Don't say I didn't warn you

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by djflexcy: 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
Rat inside car kwa

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by updatechange(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
Contact pmb and ask him how he drove out the rodents that ate up furniture in his office.

28 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by salbis(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
Some people from Benue state can handle that situation expertly. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by assnal: 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
Where's Righteousness89 let him come and tell us how rats attacking people is proof that Jesus is coming very soon

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by linearity: 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
hmmm......

Na wa oh, all of una wey dey suggest say make him dey drive the car or leaving it running to keep it warm all the time, is that not like using a sledge hammer to kill a mosquito?

Considering the price of fuel in Nigeria today and the occasional long queue at filling stations in Nigeria (depending on where you lives), you will quickly realize that, that solution is not sustainable.

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by mar1juana: 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
You dey chop okpa leave leather inside shey-b

Keep the car clean & stop bin a dirty guy-man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by bigdammyj: 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
Noted
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Henri244: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
Buy a cat, carry it in the owners seat anytime you're driving.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Aksnoopy: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Buy Cat, it's as simple as that. And extract some Cat fur and tie somewhere around your Car engine.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by lekki1444: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
grin stop eating kulikuli in your car

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ekute inside your car cheesy
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by potent5(m): 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
I suffered car wahala in the last one month after rats attacked my sensor wires! I bought so many car parts, not knowing that rats had chewed the camshaft sensor wire!
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
@rubyjan come and buy a cat from me, problem solved. grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road / This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) / Acura Type-s, Successor To The Acura TLX Sedan, Unveiled - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.