Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:52 PM

How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help (22764 Views)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / How To Keep Rats Away From Eating Your Car Wires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by telim: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
rat inside a car? Reading that for the first time.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2020
nawa
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by XDaBOSS(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
I for laugh sha...but the OP sound serious...
Get a cat, just keep it close to you car...once the rats sense the cat's presence...they'll flee, else they'll all be a delicious meal grin grin
Then you can thank me later.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by ceejayluv(m): 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
Aksnoopy:
Buy Cat, it's as simple as that. And extract some Cat fur and tie somewhere around your Car engine.
It happened to me few years ago. The car was parked for a couple of weeks till I was ready to fix it. What saved me was that a stray cat moved into the engine compartment eating them. It was when I opened the bonnet one day and the cat jumped out that I realised why I was seeing blood and eaten up rat parts on the engine earlier.

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by chaloskyx: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
stop eating gala and lacasera in your car..smiley
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Aksnoopy: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
ceejayluv:

It happened to me few years ago. The car was parked for a couple of weeks till I was ready to fix it. What saved me was that a stray cat moved into the engine compartment eating them. It was when I opened the bonnet one day and the cat jumped out that I realised why I was seeing blood and eaten up rat parts on the engine earlier.
Just the fur from cat alone will do the majic, no rat will come close.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Tango123: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
shitshappen:
Mot balls, buy the big ones and drop at strategic locations inside your hood ( bonnet). If the rat infestation​ is that bad just mantain a container of ten to fifteen big size mot balls that you place under your car ( bonnet end) each evening after you use your car. Thank me later

What are moth balls

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Tango123: 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
Aksnoopy:
Just the fur from cat alone will do the majic, no rat will come close.

How can one get cat fur. Does it work inside houses
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Surulereman(m): 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
I Googled the same issue and one of the solutions worked for me. Sprinkle black pepper around the engine and it works to deter or keep them off the engine. Black pepper is available in supermarkets like ShopRite.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Solatium(m): 3:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
rubyjan:
My area has suddenly been filled with rats. Recently they have started attacking cars and causing havoc.

Two of my neighbours cars can no longer start. Just yesterday I decided to service my car and when the mechanic opened the hood, rat droppings and smell were everywhere.

Please how do I chase these demonic creatures away??. Someone suggested placing charcoal inside the engine compartment, but if the car is dtiven, would the charcoal not be heated up?

Thanks in advance.

Charcoal Charcoal Charcoal
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by wamide042(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
Set the car on fire.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Kekekenny(m): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2020
Onion is the best solution bro..They don't like smelling the odour ..Thank me later

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Reference(m): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2020
Huge problem. Could lead to an engine bay fire in the right circumstances. Nothing beats prevention. Rodents are creatures of habit. Once they lock on it is hard to stop.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by VicM6: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2020
the person wey talk say mk u put charcoal for ur engine just gv u 100 ways to die young.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by stagger: 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
They are hiding from the heat of the harmattan. Put a cat there. No single rat would dare.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by InvertedHammer: 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
/
Buy a cat.

/
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Meatxpress: 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2020
Solatium:

Charcoal Charcoal Charcoal

Was suprised why no one mentioned this earlier. Works like magic
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Reference(m): 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2020
Tango123:

What are moth balls

Those solid, whitish and queasy scenting things you normally see in urinals and wash basins of public rest rooms to keep roaches coming up through the drains. Also known as 'camphor" in those days at school You place them in your luggage and locker to prevent your stuff turning to dust by vermins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by orakle007: 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2020
Buy otapiapia, thank me later, I used it on my car engine, no more rat disturbance my auto electrician gave me the advice and it worked
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by babaowambe: 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
sprinkle little drops of concentrated peppermint oil wherever they are found they will flee in no time and never come back again,this is a tried and tested method from my own personal experience.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by XANDERO85: 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
cluewebhost:

Moth balls don't chase them o, especially the big rats

You’re probably talking of the big, bold and nasty Agege rats! They seem to be mutating into another specie altogether! Horrible creatures! sad

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Tango123: 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
Reference:

Those solid, whitish and queasy scenting things you normally see in urinals and wash basins of public rest rooms to keep roaches coming up through the drains. Also known as 'camphor" in those days at school You place them in your luggage and locker to prevent your stuff turning to dust by vermins.

Thanks

The camphor i know, the white ones, dont do it. I have put camphor in bags and rats still entered and did their jobs. Although it was in a house that is always empty, my holiday home. Thanks all the same.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Tango123: 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2020
babaowambe:
sprinkle little drops of concentrated peppermint oil wherever they are found they will flee in no time and never come back again,this is a tried and tested method from my own personal experience.

How long does this last. Will it work in an unoccupied building?
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by TruthHurts1(m): 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2020
Use camphor balls. The rats are attracted by the warm environment of your engine, but the camphor will drive them away because it is poisonous for them.

rubyjan:
My area has suddenly been filled with rats. Recently they have started attacking cars and causing havoc.

Two of my neighbours cars can no longer start. Just yesterday I decided to service my car and when the mechanic opened the hood, rat droppings and smell were everywhere.

Please how do I chase these demonic creatures away??. Someone suggested placing charcoal inside the engine compartment, but if the car is dtiven, would the charcoal not be heated up?

Thanks in advance.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by holluwizzy: 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2020
And contact detecthief fashola why rats are invading ur car.

Very affordable.

updatechange:
Contact pmb and ask him how he drove out the rodents that ate up furniture in his office.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by chatinent: 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2020
Cook jollof rodenticide for them. Your car may smell but you'll save it.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Zooposki(f): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2020
Are they as big as NY rats, which are the size of puppies.

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Aksnoopy: 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2020
Tango123:

How can one get cat fur. Does it work inside houses
It does but you will need many. It's better to have a pet cat instead.
Cat seller can help you with the fur.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by KingAfo(m): 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2020
INDOCID, THATS ALL YOU NEED
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by fuckdemrepented: 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2020
Get a GuN
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Tango123: 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2020
Aksnoopy:
It does but you will need many. It's better to have a pet cat instead.
Cat seller can help you with the fur.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Open-top Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster Is A Babe! / Check Out This New Yamaha Three-wheeler Beast Of A Machine / The New 2019 Honda Insight Looks Just Like A Honda Accord/civic Hybrid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.