Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Phase(short Historical Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Phase(short Historical Story) (692 Views)

Moonlight Kiss By Angelsss(historical Romance) / A Historical Reconstruction Of Sharẹ Town / A Carnage Before Dawn: A Historical Novel On Nigeria's First Coup D'etat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phase(short Historical Story) by sochey(f): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hello..

As you all know me by now, I'm a writer! Lol

So, here's a Sunday present for y'all! grin
Re: Phase(short Historical Story) by sochey(f): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
÷÷

The child that pays attention to the situation of life and take it at ease, might likely live long...

The perfect thing to do when the time is right is to...Get married!

I, for one never believed in true love but as time goes by and age was catching up on me, I realized that I could as well do myself ye favors of getting a good man to marry.

So, that's how olatunji came into the picture...
~~
“Iyawo mi, are you not prepared already? We need to head to the national stadium. You know that the president will be giving his speech today. And I don't want to miss it” Ola yelled from the living room.

I tried to hurry up with my makeup as I pulled open my wardrobe to get out the floral dress Ola has gifted me the night before. I smiled slightly as my ears caught the beautiful piece, hanging inside the wardrobe. I made a mental note to ask Ola about the designer and probably pick up more dresses from the company.

After putting on the dress, I wear my pointed heels, check out my hair in the mirror and patted my cheek with some blush. Smiling at my reflection, I saunter out of the room.

“Wow, you look beautiful!” Ola exclaimed as he comes over to my side, sliding his hands around my waist and pulling me towards him. He smelled of rich avocado fragrance and a strong masculinity. He place a kiss on my forehead and pulls me away, looking deep into my eyes.

“I've always known that I made the right decision by getting married to you!” he says, not taking his eyes off me for one second.

“Stop flattering yourself, Olatunji. We are already late, ain't we?!” I tease as I gently pull myself away from him. He laughs.

We get outside the house as my husband locked the door behind him. The air outside smelled like dust, the weather was sort of chilly and the atmosphere looks like it will rain any moment from now.

“You think the president propaganda will work out today? I think it will rain anytime soon!” I say to my husband as we maneuver to where our Volkswagen was parked.

“It has to work out. I'm sure they would have done something to stop the rain!” He replies.

We get to the car, he gets into the drivers seat and slides in. He ignites the car, roaring the engine to life. I'm still standing outside, waiting for my dearest husband to remember his eitquettes.

As if on cue, he looks beside him, not finding his partner. He rushed out of the car, muttering a ‘sorry’ and getting my door for me. I slide into the passenger seat, fixing my dress straight and checking my reflection in the side view mirror. Not bothering to say thank you. That's what he gets by making me stand outside in this hideous heels!

Few seconds later, we are driving through the street of surulere to the national stadium.

The streets were rough, everyone going about their activities. Our car drive pass shops, restaurans, hawkers, hotels, and so many things you can see on the street.

Ola turned on the radio, a high life music came blasting through the speakers. I cringe momentarily at it's loud sound as he made to lower the volume. The music plays for a while, it's rhythm entering the depths of my soul.

After a while, my husband decides the music wasn't what he needed and changed the station. The next fm starts talking about the gathering at the stadium and we decided to listen to it.

After what took forever, in the popular Lagos traffic, we were almost at the stadium.

It was 1985
Ibrahim babaginda was set to release his propaganda for our dear nation.

Ola finally got a place to park his car after much stress. We got out of the car, as Ola came beside me, entwines our hands and leads me into the stadium.

It's half past 12pm

~~
OLA'S POV

My pretty wife and I walk into the stadium. People of different tribes, color and different languages were seen around the vicinity. I could see that the sun was slowly peeking through the clouds, shinning it's rays on the occupants of Earth. I hold unto my wife's hand, leading her to a more secured area.

I look far beyond, sighting Tolu and her husband Jide. They have turned to family friend ever since I and tolu placed our infatuations aside, realising that we were not meant for each other. I know that Kike still have some sort of dislike for Tolu but she always try her best to believe that I can never break her heart, again. I, on my side vowed never to put our relationship on stake.

I gently move Kike through the crowd, passing through sweating bodies and finally to the place Tolu and Jide were standing.

On seeing us, Tolu immediately shoved her husband gently as they smiled towards our direction. Kike looks at me awkwardly but then put on her best smile.

“It is wonderful to see you again, Kike and Ola” Tolu says, French hugging my wife and I. Jide gives Kike a perk on the cheek while he shakes my hand.

“How's it coming?” I ask, looking around the stadium. Lots of people were already gathered. At the center of the stadium, chairs and a canopy was set to house the president and his representatives.

I can see Ebitu Ukiwe, arranging some papers, preparing the place for the president. I look over at my wife, smiling stylishly. Not knowing why I was smiling, she smiles back.

“We are not so late, after all!” I say, squeezing her hand gently.

“Let's just say the president has adapted to the African time!” I reply. I laugh, shaking my head. Tolu and Jide joined in the laughter as well.

Few minutes later, the president was coming out of his BMW-760LI. With his white agbada and his polish black shoes and his medicated glasses. He walks magestically into the place like a lion who has been prepared for hunt his whole life...

The violence that took place after the president's speech couldn't be compared to another.

Taking my wife's hand, we maneuver towards our car, waving Tolu and her husband goodbye.
~~

SOME DAYS AFTER..
KIKE POV

Fried rice was my husband's favorite after it's introduction in Nigeria. As a result, I have gone far beyond to learn how to prepare the meal with ease.

August 12 1985.

“Oko mi, your food is ready!” I say to my husband as I set the dinning. He was in the parlour, reading news paper. After hearing what I said, he gets up from the seat and makes his way towards the dinning.

“Iyawo mi, what did you prepare?” he ask, pulling a chair from the table and seating on it.

“Fried rice with chicken” I reply, dishing out his share.

“Hmmm... Delicious!” He compliments. After dishing out our food, I take my seat.

“Let us pray” he says.

Lunch was quicker than expected. After clearing the plates, I sit with my husband as he tell tales that were popular in the Yoruba kingdom. We talk about the story of Moremi and how she rescued her village.

My husband has always been one to tell jokes so we joked about the recent happenings in the community.

During our talks, we couldn't resist the urge of looking at each other, wanting to do more than just talks. Coming over to his side, I momentarily let my hand graze the hairs on his bare chest, pulling at it seductively. I allow my hand the freewill to do wonders, caressing every bare skin that it can find.

As if not been able to resist the temptation, he pulls me towards him, a giggle escaping from my lips.

“I will be the master for today” he says, his lips landing on mine, taking control. Our breadths were hitched, with every passing moment becoming heated. Our little romantic endeavor in our sitting room reaching the tops of the roof.

He is in control, control of my emotions, of my mentality, of my body, I couldn't help but to call his name countless of times, feeling like a true woman.

He takes my pleasure as a chance to do more, to caress, to kiss, to go further than expected.

Suddenly, everything stops. Our breathing reaching the top of the roofs. Our eyes roaming our faces, sweats tickling down our bodies. I smile, feeling too satisfied to say a thing.
~~

FEW WEEKS LATER..
OLA POV

I am sitting on one of the sofas in the sitting room, talking to some visitors.

Atinuke and babalola who were my close friends from college decided to visit me today. My wife is in the kitchen preparing lunch while I entertain our visitors with my silly joke.

“You need to see how I took off from the office the other day. The armies came and pursued everybody. This military rule is no longer funny oo” I say, tapping my foot on the cemented floor, shaking my head.

“I'm telling you. We need to do something about this regime before they kill everyone of us. Imagine, somebody cannot work in peace again, do they want hunger to kill the people?” Babalola says.

“Yesterday, I was at the market place purchasing some fresh tomatoes. One soldier just came from nowhere and asked the seller to pack her loads. The woman refused, hmm. You need to see how the soldier scattered all her market, creating havoc” Atinuke explains.

“si gbogbo nkan wọnyi” I exclaim.

We keep telling stories of the happenings in the land as my wife comes out of the kitchen with a tray of freshly baked cookies.

“awon ore mi, please manage this one for me. Rice is still on fire!” Kike says as she drops the tray on the center table.

I look at my beautiful wife, feeling very proud of myself. Who says I didn't make the right decision?!

“Ha, iyawo! How did you learn to make cookies?” Atinuke ask, taking a bit from a piece she held in her hands.

“I learnt it when I was in Enugu Nsukka. During my IT training” Kike replies.

“Hmm.. that is very good! It is very delicious” Babalola compliments.

“Thank you oremi!” She replies.

“Iyawo mi is a very virtuous woman. My love for her will never cease!” I say, looking up at my wife. She smiles shyly, going back to the kitchen.

“Ola, we know you made the right choice but don't you think it will be much better with kids?” Babalola ask. I shake my head, replying him..

“We do not want kids for now. More over, we are very happy alone. Kids might likely bring a kind of distraction in our affection towards each other, and I don't want that to happen at all!” I reply, looking at the kitchen door.

Of a truth, I am not bothered about us not having children. But sometimes I wonder how Kike was not able to conceive. I can boldly say we never use protection in our romantic escapades but that has never been a problem.

“But it will be much better to have someone who either looks like you or Kike running around the place! Think about it oremi!” Atinuke adds.

“Oh, both of you, drop the topic already. Let's talk about other important things!”

They look at me like a kid without sense and I just shove the thought aside.
~~
A MONTH LATER..
KIKE POV

The rains came down in a way that satisfied everyone taste for drama. The pattering on the roof, making it unable for me to sleep.

It is past 11pm and my husband has not return. Worry makes it's way to my heart as I picked up the telephone to dial his office line once more. Still not connecting!

I saunter out of bed, using a wrapper to tie around my chest. The cold was peeking through the windows and I involuntarily wish for my husband.

Going into the sitting room, I sigh at the wall clock, try to read a magazine but each time I watch the pictures of the sexy looking men, wearing nothing but pants and polished shoes, I couldn't help but to miss my husband.

I haven't been this alone by this time of the night ever since I tied the knot with Olatunji.

“Ola, where are you?” I mutter, feeling helpless.

I get up from the sofa, heading to the kitchen. If I needed to wait for him, then I need something to help me stay awake.

I remember that I have once purchased some cocoa powder from aunty Ada few days ago. The igbo woman had explained it's usefulness, there by urging me to purchase it. Now, I think it will do me a great good!

I mix the powder into a mug, pour water into the kettle and place it on the cooking stove. The kettle makes a hiss, indicating that it is ready for use. Turning off the stove, I pour the hot water into the mug containing the cocoa powder.

After tasting the brown liquid, I sensation burning my tongue in the process. I realize that the water might have been too hot so I mix it with a little cold water.

Taking my mug of tea with me into the sitting room, I sit at a sofa, sipping the content of the mug slowly.

11:30pm and Ola has not returned.
God knows where he might be?

The idea of calling Tolu crosses my mind but I shove it aside, thinking it would be rude to call the woman at this ungodly hour and more over, I trust my husband.

I stand up, heading to the telephone.

First ring...

Second ring....

“Hello?” A tired voice escapes from the receiver.

“Hello, Tolu.. please I'm sorry to have disturbed your peace but did you by any chance see my husband today?” I ask, feeling already guilty for calling the woman.

There's a shuffle on the other end..

“What, why would you even ask me that?” She ask, annoyance fanning her voice.

“I'm really sorry, just that I haven't seen him since today!” I say, bitting on my lower lip.

“Well, I don't know. I didn't see him!” She replies. There's silence as I keep quite, not knowing what else to say. What was I thinking when I had to call her by this time asking for the whereabouts of my husband?

“Hello, Kike.. did you say you haven't seen your husband?” A male voice comes from the receiver. Which happens to be Jide, Tolu's husband.

“Yes.. and I'm so worried!”

“Have you tried calling his line?”

“Called his office line but no response. It wasn't even going through!”

“Relax, he might be cut up with something. He will return to you, don't worry!”

immediately I heard don't worry, my worry escalates to the roof. So many thoughts runs through my mind.

What if something terrible has happened to him?

What if the military has taken him?

What if he were shot dead?

Oh God!

“Hello?” Jide says. I realize that I was still holding the telephone.

“Yes?” I ask.

“I will go out now to look for him, don't worry he will come back?” immediately he said this, Tolu yells,

“Are you insane? Do you know what time it is? You are not going anywhere oo!” she deadpans.

“Dont worry honey, I will not go alone....” the remaining of the things he could have said gets caught in the telephone machine as I banged the phone right into it.

For once, I think Jide might be insane to go after my husband or probably he just said that to cheer me up.

I begin praying a silent prayer, begging God to see my husband through.

Few hours into the early hours of morning, there is a loud bang on the door, startling me awake and making me jump to my feet.

I look over at the wall clock, it reads 2:45am
Rubbing my hands over my eyes, I go towards the door as the knocking never ceases.

Opening the door without bothering to ask who it was, I'm met with my husband, the moonlight showing his torn cloths and his dirty body.

“oko mi!” I exclaim as I run into him. He hugs me fiercely, stroking my back affectionately. I lead him inside, trying to get a clear glimpse of his physique. All my words were stuck to my throat as I lead him into the bathroom, running a quick shower..

The next day, I find out my husband's car broke down and he was robbed by some soldiers.

~~
OLA POV

After the night I was robbed, Kike refuses to let me out of her sight! At first, I found it funny but then, I started complaining about my inability to work and earn money for us. How are we supposed to feed and pay rent if I do not work?

After much persuasion, she finally agrees for me to go to work but only to come back home on time.

The evils in this military regime is getting to it's peaks and no one is doing anything about it. I and my wife are trying our best to live our perfect lives.

On a faithful Saturday evening, I announce to my wife that we will be moving to Enugu Nsukka for a holiday and we won't return until the riot in Lagos State subsides.

Kike hugs me, placing a kiss on my forehead.

“I'm so happy that you said that, oko mi!" She says. I smile, leaning in for a kiss.

The next day we began to prepare and pack our belongings in my Volkswagen passa.

We are set to live our perfect lives....
Re: Phase(short Historical Story) by VickyRotex(f): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2020
Seems the antispam bot banned the OP.

Divepen1 or Obinnau please unban her.

1 Like

Re: Phase(short Historical Story) by Obinnau(m): 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
The ban has been removed.
BTW your DP is beautiful wink

3 Likes

Re: Phase(short Historical Story) by sochey(f): 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
VickyRotex:
Seems the antispam bot banned the OP.

Divepen1 or Obinnau please unban her.
Thanks for indicating it!

1 Like

Re: Phase(short Historical Story) by sochey(f): 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
Obinnau:
The ban has been removed.
BTW your DP is beautiful wink
Thank you cheesy
Re: Phase(short Historical Story) by VickyRotex(f): 2:24am On Nov 30, 2020
Thanks Obinnau!

sochey:

Thanks for indicating it!

You're welcome smiley
Re: Phase(short Historical Story) by DkJay: 3:59am On Nov 30, 2020
It seems like the DP had a part to play in the unbanment.

grin

Re: Phase(short Historical Story) by dawno2008(m): 9:40am On Apr 15, 2022
whas happening nau,why was this story abandoned
Re: Phase(short Historical Story) by sochey(f): 6:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
dawno2008:
whas happening nau,why was this story abandoned

Sorry for the delay. I will start completing all my stories soon smiley

(1) (Reply)

Professional Needed / Are You A Writer And Good At Your Craft But Lack Gigs? / Help For Education Quality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.