Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Have You Ever Dated Somebody And Found Out You're Related - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Dated Somebody And Found Out You're Related (743 Views)

Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? / Have You Ever Dated Or Had Sex With Your Neighbor ? And How Did It Go� / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Dated Somebody And Found Out You're Related by mardis: 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2020
Some families are so large that till you die you won't get to meet all of them. Extended extended things.
Well, it happened to me, some years back during, 2go era.
So, i met this guy on 2go, one of those chat rooms, we started chatting privately, exchanged numbers and start making calls. Thank God say na just normal chats, we even exchanged pics. This lasted for some couple of month like 4-5 months. As in we were already beginning to fall in love without meeting physically.
We were already preparing meet up when we met coincidentally at a wedding. I was in lagos then while he stays and schools at kaduna. Although, we told each other were going to attend a wedding but we didnt go into details about who the couples were.
When we saw each other, it was my mum who introduced him to me. As in, his pics was nothing compared to his physical looks, God he looks so charming compared to the pics. But i still wasn't sure whether it was the 2go guy or the cousin i just met for the first time even though the name is thesame ofcourse.
I just wanted to clear my doubt. So after the intro, i chatted him up. A cousin i have neva met was introduced to me and he looks just like you in your pics. He said same. He called me immediately and described what i was wearing, i did same. God, my heart was beating. It was just like film to me then. We decided to meet outside, lo and behold it was my cousin who i was communicating with. Alot of what ifs was just going through my mind, what if we went deeper into the relationship.

Long story short, we just couldn't let go, we became close cousin but nothing more. At a time i wished our tribe permitted cousins to marry each other. Till now we are still found of each other. We are both married now sha.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Somebody And Found Out You're Related by Ssumtry: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
OP my apologies for the nasty comment below.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Somebody And Found Out You're Related by Ssumtry: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
mardis:
You're even fighting for space in your own thread...crazy OP
Re: Have You Ever Dated Somebody And Found Out You're Related by auntyTania: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2020
Ssumtry:
grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Dated Somebody And Found Out You're Related by mardis: 12:07am On Nov 30, 2020
Ssumtry:

Immediately i created the topic as i was typing my experience, something came up which i had to attend to.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Somebody And Found Out You're Related by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 30, 2020
Eleribu nii op yii sha grin
Re: Have You Ever Dated Somebody And Found Out You're Related by suffering: 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
Cut him off if you know what's good for you. That's if this story is true to begin with. You two did not co-exist as children so the inevitable will happen one day.

I have a cousin who did the same. He had a clue they were related because they shared the same surname. After the do and everything, our family members found out. He refused to let her go, going as far as proposing to the female. Sometime later he lost interest and called off the engagement. I can vouch that he reduced her bride price considerably.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Somebody And Found Out You're Related by Demigod22: 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
I have been in love with my cousin before. We have beautiful and intelligent girls in that family, the ones I know I admired from distance, but I have been put in tight corner too, but one have to respect bloodline. If only siblings are allowed to marry, wetin go carry me go Akwa Ibom again?
Re: Have You Ever Dated Somebody And Found Out You're Related by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2021
Demigod22:
I have been in love with my cousin before. We have beautiful and intelligent girls in that family, the ones I know I admired from distance, but I have been put in tight corner too, but one have to respect bloodline. If only siblings are allowed to marry, wetin go carry me go Akwa Ibom again?
So Akwa Ibom no be place? abeg you guys should just stop being ethnocentred jare...i think that's the major problem we have in this country.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Not Ready For Christmas. Are You? / Which If This 3 Things Will You Forgive Your Partner If They Commit Any.? / Why Do Africans Like Carrying Their Backwardness Abroad?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.