Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

hello - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / hello (1173 Views)

Hello there / Agnostics a.k. a FREE THINKERS In The House? Say Hello. / Hello Heathens! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: hello by Kobojunkiee: 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2020
sholay2011:

This is pure balderdash. OP do not listen to this guy if you don't want to be misled. A word is enough for the wise.
Instead he should listen to those who agree with him that his wife is the root of his problems - his Christian woes, right? grin
Soon una go advise am say make him drag his wife go spiritual church for deliverance, abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: hello by sholay2011(m): 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Instead he should listen to those who agree with him that his wife is the root of his problems - his Christian woes, right? grin
Soon una go advise am say make him drag his wife go spiritual church for deliverance, abi?
You missed part where he is to deal with his wife in love.
Re: hello by Kobojunkiee: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2020
sholay2011:
You missed part where he is to deal with his wife in love.
How loved would you feel if your spouse concluded you are possessed of a demon when that has absolutely nothing to do with anything? undecided
Ever heard the commandment "Do unto others as you would like for them to do to you"? Yes, I am giving you another one of Jesus Christ's commandments to help you better understand the kind of love Jesus Christ commands of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: hello by onyxo76(m): 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2020
TimeTraveler369:

Two hours is too much.

Let me mention my sundays schedule and the plan we have every sundays;

9AM Everyone goes to his/her chosen worship place. But be sure to return home by 12:30 at most. If they can not make it to service then streaming is encouraged every sundays.

From 12:30PM to 4:30PM you can receive guests, or play you favourite family games or do what ever you want because 5PM is Family Home Evening to address any infractions or worries within the past week and plan the next week. Then our family weekend party begins from 8PM till when ever you wanna retire to bed.

Your weekends must be fun and party time with family, not sweating out for a church system. You have to spend all available time with family apart from work. Religion is not a pillar in relationship, it is a tool and a tool can not be made a master in life.
9am to 1230 is 3hrs 30 mins, i spend 9 to 11am,

1 Like

Re: hello by onyxo76(m): 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
How loved would you feel if your spouse concluded you are possessed of a demon when that has absolutely nothing to do with anything? undecided
Ever heard the commandment "Do unto others as you would like for them to do to you"? Yes, I am giving you another one of Jesus Christ's commandments to help you better understand the kind of love Jesus Christ commands of you.
bro i never mentioned that my wife is demon possessed, you are the one trying to create that impression.
Re: hello by onyxo76(m): 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2020
Numismatic:
My brother, don't mind all these devilish advices. Remain zealous for God so that when the master returns he will find you in his business. Heavenly race na per head, talk to ur wife, if she refuses, let her be but don't allow her discourage you. Continue to pray and love her despite everything. Remember that our works shall be tried..
one of the best advice I've seen so far, yes everything else is fine between us, only my wife commitment to church work is the issue, she used to be in the workforce too before she started to discourage me, well we will keep praying for her to change.
Re: hello by Kobojunkiee: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2020
onyxo76:
bro i never mentioned that my wife is demon possessed, you are the one trying to create that impression.
Did I say you say that you did?
sholay2011:
Your wife is possessed sir. shocked What is wrong with her? Except you're not giving us the full story...

Please remain zealous for God, stand your ground as the head of the house and ask God for wisdom/insight to this situation. In fact, you're not taking it too far, you have just started. When there is a calling, your heart will be longing to serve God and then get to know Him the more. I really hope you didn't marry the wrong person but there is no situation irredeemable for God. Pray for your wife constantly and deal with her in love.

Guard your salvation with fear and trembling.
Re: hello by TimeTraveler369: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2020
onyxo76:
9am to 1230 is 3hrs 30 mins, i spend 9 to 11am,

If you spend 2hrs in a church every week, then it shouldn't be an issue.

As long as you meditate as a family together, you have no need to spend more than 2-3hrs of time in any worship center. Spirituality is a private practice not Religion. Religion is the scam played over spiritual people.

1 Like

Re: hello by onyxo76(m): 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2020
TimeTraveler369:

If you spend 2hrs in a church every week, then it shouldn't be an issue.

As long as you meditate as a family together, you have no need to spend more than 2-3hrs of time in any worship center. Spirituality is a private practice not Religion. Religion is the scam played over spiritual people.

exactly my point, i don't overdo things as i myself don't like spending hours in church too, but i enjoy teaching in the Sunday school, i feel so happy and fulfilled when i get home.and this is where my wife has an issue, me serving in the workforce

1 Like

Re: hello by onyxo76(m): 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Did I say you say that you did?
oh, sorry for the mistake, my apologies
Re: hello by Numismatic(m): 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Yes, it is indeed "devilish" to advise this man who claims to believe in God and serve God, to do exactly what God commands instead of playing Christian in your church business of this world. undecided

Yes ooo, the one who tells you to do what God commands is EVIL... instead the one who tells you to do that which has nothing to do with what God asked of you is the one who is correct, right? undecided

And what did God command? What did God ask of you?
Re: hello by Kobojunkiee: 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
Numismatic:
And what did God command? What did God ask of you?
Are you not supposed to be a follower of Jesus Christ? How can you not be aware of the about 46 commandments that make up the New Covenant/agreement, Jesus Christ, between God and man? undecided
You can read of the New Covenant in the 4 Gospels... the only place in all of scripture where you find the commandments as given by Jesus Christ Himself.

P.S. Before you respond by posting something about love being what Jesus Christ commanded, I need to remind you that the 2 greatest commandments are just 2 out of the 46 commandments that were given. If you do not pay attention to the other 44, then are you any different from the Pharisees and Sadducees who pick and choose what they will cling to of God? undecided
Re: hello by Numismatic(m): 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Are you not supposed to be a follower of Jesus Christ? How can you not be aware of the about 46 commandments that make up the New Covenant/agreement, Jesus Christ, between God and man? undecided
You can read of the New Covenant in the 4 Gospels... the only place in all of scripture where you find the commandments as given by Jesus Christ Himself.

P.S. Before you respond by posting something about love being what Jesus Christ commanded, I need to remind you that the 2 greatest commandments are just 2 out of the 46 commandments that were given. If you do not pay attention to the other 44, then are you any different from the Pharisees and Sadducees who pick and choose what they will cling to of God? undecided

Mtchew if you are not going to be straight, no need, don't stress me..
Re: hello by Kobojunkiee: 3:50am On Nov 30, 2020
Numismatic:
Mtchew if you are not going to be straight, no need, don't stress me..
I was not straight with you? Which of the 46 or so commandments do you need help with finding? undecided
Re: hello by Dtruthspeaker: 10:26am On Nov 30, 2020
onyxo76:
bro i tire o, if someone advice me to spend Sunday morning teaching maths to my children, I'm not surprised at all.

The Worship of God Must Be Done in spirit and in Truth, not physical, which is what you and your wife and family can do together.

This is the Only Acceptable Worship!

Plenty is wrong with the church today and God is not there anymore As He Said, but because you desire to escape damnation, you think that by doing service in there, you shall acquire the kingdom of God.

Join your wife and discover together what it means to Worship The Lord in spirit and in Truth!

1 Like

Re: hello by donnie(m): 10:59am On Nov 30, 2020
TimeTraveler369:
onyxo76

Many people read the thread and refuse to tell you the truth, cos you will not believe the truth, you will want an answer that baby-sits you. There is no point baby-sitting a man who thinks being a man is about having a dicck.

Your Work or as a worker in the church, are you paid for your time ? What I am saying really is 'How does the church system compensate you for the time you spent there?

What I see is a case of a naturally intelligent woman making the mistake of marrying a religious zombie who is deceived into 100% belief that he is serving God. You have gone to the point of no return, nothing your wife will say now will help you.

If you want some advise, I will say dedicate the time you spend in church 100% into passive income actionable research and you might earn a little more than you can spend.

Stop wasting your time in churches, spend your time alone meditating and, talking to God directly. Today's church system is yahoo yahoo. If you are not making a living out of being at church, I will say run from there. It is all about who receives the money. Your wife will prefer it if you were the one earning the tithes and offerings on behalf of God - Allahu Akbar!

Well said, but for the Allahu Akbar because YAHUAH is the greatest.
Re: hello by MorningStar233: 11:14am On Nov 30, 2020
Hmmmmm...Irony of life...my own husband thinks I am too spiritual....

1 Like

Re: hello by JourneytoEL(f): 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
onyxo76:
hello my fellow brethren. i attend rccg. i have been in church for 10 years now, 5 years i decided to join the workforce and become committed, my wife decided to leave the parish we were attending because she felt spiritual attacks from church members, i stay back because i had no leading to leave. she was not comfortable with my eagerness to serve.
she stayed home for 2 years until i was able to convince her that staying home is not healthy for a Christian. eventually she found another parish and i decided to join her and the children there for services , but she doesn't like my zeal and eagerness to serve and prefers me just warming the bench as they call a non committed member of a parish. she dislikes my trying to make sure i get to church early, participate in whatever the pastor asks me to as a worker.
today the pastor asked me to take the Tuesday bible study class, since then she has been moody and keeps to herself, i wonder if I'm overdoing things, I've tried to encourage her to become committed but it always ends in hot arguments, thus i just do my own and keep praying for her.
now she is saying she prefers that i attend a separate church instead that i over do things and I'm too zealous and show my eagerness to serve too much.
what do i now?
what you are passing through is only a normal thing most Christians pass through when they begin to grow in the Lord and step out of the yoke of bench warmers/baby Christianity. It is the wish of the enemy that we remain as babies all the days of our life while it is the wish of God that we grow spiritually. The enemy understands how dangerous a single matured Christian is to his kingdom, so, when the kingdom of darkness notices that a baby is growing, they send out evil spirits to influence the thoughts of someone close to them. It could be your spouse, parents, friends, pastor or fellow church members etc that will work hard in persecuting or cajoling you out of growing or reaching your full potential. That is why Jesus said whoever loves his parents, spouse or this world more than me is not worthy of me. I passed through the same thing from my spouse, so let me share what worked for me.
1. never, ever argue with your wife concerning the issue. Ignore or change the topic if she insists on a reply , reply as jokingly and funny as possible.
2. Pray for her always. It is only the Holy Spirit that can convict someone, so pray to Jesus to release the Holy Spirit to save her.
3. The greatest lesson i learnt while i passed through mine is evidence cancels every argument. Don't argue or force her to grow. When she sees how you reply her with love, how you pray and preach better, how your finances are growing, even her friends will begin to tell her how lucky she is, then her heart will natural change towards you and she will begin to seek God like you. Since you said you are a bible study teacher, ensure to bring it home. Do bible study with your household every morning or as convenient, don't mention her name as if you sought the scripture out to chastise her. Little by little her heart will soften. Action speaks louder than words, let your actions win her over.
4. Wage war against the spirit influencing her thoughts. For it is written, that we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places. Your wife is not the enemy the spirit of lukewarmness/persecution is. So pray fervently against any spirit trying to use her to bring you down. You can use warfare scriptures such as Col 2:14-16 while praying.

I wish you all the best. For you to be passing through this as a bible school teacher is a sign that your growth is rattling the kingdom of darkness. Just be steadfast and avoid arguments plus implore the aid of the Holy Spirit and watch her change for good.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: hello by luvmijeje(f): 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
I love this thread.

In addition to all the beautiful advices that I have read on this thread.... Have you ever wondered that your wife thrive most when she is a quiet environment and that your let them see me attitude is putting her peace in danger?

My Advice : If you insist on showing off.... Please go to different churches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: hello by onyxo76(m): 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2020
JourneytoEL:
what you are passing through is only a normal thing most Christians pass through when they begin to grow in the Lord and step out of the yoke of bench warmers/baby Christianity. It is the wish of the enemy that we remain as babies all the days of our life while it is the wish of God that we grow spiritually. The enemy understands how dangerous a single matured Christian is to his kingdom, so, when the kingdom of darkness notices that a baby is growing, they send out evil spirits to influence the thoughts of someone close to them. It could be your spouse, parents, friends, pastor or fellow church members etc that will work hard in persecuting or cajoling you out of growing or reaching your full potential. That is why Jesus said whoever loves his parents, spouse or this world more than me is not worthy of me. I passed through the same thing from my spouse, so let me share what worked for me.
1. never, ever argue with your wife concerning the issue. Ignore or change the topic if she insists on a reply , reply as jokingly and funny as possible.
2. Pray for her always. It is only the Holy Spirit that can convict someone, so pray to Jesus to release the Holy Spirit to save her.
3. The greatest lesson i learnt while i passed through mine is evidence cancels every argument. Don't argue or force her to grow. When she sees how you reply her with love, how you pray and preach better, how your finances are growing, even her friends will begin to tell her how lucky she is, then her heart will natural change towards you and she will begin to seek God like you. Since you said you are a bible study teacher, ensure to bring it home. Do bible study with your household every morning or as convenient, don't mention her name as if you sought the scripture out to chastise her. Little by little her heart will soften. Action speaks louder than words, let your actions win her over.
4. Wage war against the spirit influencing her thoughts. For it is written, that we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places. Your wife is not the enemy the spirit of lukewarmness/persecution is. So pray fervently against any spirit trying to use her to bring you down. You can use warfare scriptures such as Col 2:14-16 while praying.

I wish you all the best. For you to be passing through this as a bible school teacher is a sign that your growth is rattling the kingdom of darkness. Just be steadfast and avoid arguments plus implore the aid of the Holy Spirit and watch her change for good.
God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: hello by onyxo76(m): 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2020
luvmijeje:
I love this thread.

In addition to all the beautiful advices that I have read on this thread.... Have you ever wondered that your wife thrive most when she is a quiet environment and that your let them see me attitude is putting her peace in danger?

My Advice : If you insist on showing off.... Please go to different churches.
show off how? we are not even up to 20 in the church and maybe just 3 are not in the workforce, every one has something to carry out during service abi na pastor go pray,lead praise worship, do Sunday school, preach, etc, i understand your trying to show off, but if pastor says to me, bro you will lead us on prayers today will i say no?

1 Like

Re: hello by luvmijeje(f): 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
onyxo76:
show off how? we are not even up to 20 in the church and maybe just 3 are not in the workforce, every one has something to carry out during service abi na pastor go pray,lead praise worship, do Sunday school, preach, etc, i understand your trying to show off, but if pastor says to me, bro you will lead us on prayers today will i say no?

I will tell you 3 reasons why you are a showoff.

1. Your wife left the first Church for you in order for you to show off very well but you are not contented. You sha want to show off your wife.

2. After causing wahala for her to the extent you killed her love for church for 2 years you are still not contented. You sha want to show off your wife.

3. After killing her with complaints, she decided to go another church. Are you supposed to follow her to that church but the need to show off your wife will not allow you to leave her to serve her God the way she's destined to.

Don't kill your wife before her time. Stop abusing her. She's your wife doesn't mean she has no will or that she's your slave. Let her serve her God in peace.

1 Like

Re: hello by onyxo76(m): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2020
luvmijeje:

I will tell you 3 reasons why you are a showoff.

1. Your wife left the first Church for you in order for you to show off very well but you are not contented. You sha want to show off your wife.

2. After causing wahala for her to the extent you killed her love for church for 2 years you are still not contented. You sha want to show off your wife.

3. After killing her with complaints, she decided to go another church. Are you supposed to follow her to that church but the need to show off your wife will not allow you to leave her to serve her God the way she's destined to.

Don't kill your wife before her time. Stop abusing her. She's your wife doesn't mean she has no will or that she's your slave. Let her serve her God in peace.
i didn't understand anything from you, maybe I'm not getting you, showing off my wife? how? i never killed her with complaints as you put it. let me ask you, do you attend church at all? do you function in any department? if you are called home by God today, can you point to Him what you did for Him in His vineyard?
We had a lengthy discussion yesterday and she has realised that she has neglected God and is now asking for mercy, she used to be very fervent in church before now and has decided to retrace her steps. All glory to be God.
Re: hello by luvmijeje(f): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2020
onyxo76:
i didn't understand anything from you, maybe I'm not getting you, showing off my wife? how? i never killed her with complaints as you put it. let me ask you, do you attend church at all? do you function in any department? if you are called home by God today, can you point to Him what you did for Him in His vineyard?
We had a lengthy discussion yesterday and she has realised that she has neglected God and is now asking for mercy, she used to be very fervent in church before now and has decided to retrace her steps. All glory to be God.

The same lengthy discussion you had with her before she moved her ass to Church after 2 years? She has stopped arguing with you to preserve her peace. There is an adage in Yorubaland that says Treat a mad man with respect so that you will progress in life.

To answer your question, I stopped going to Church. I stopped being religious like you when I realise the most religious people are the most evil. They carry out evil in the name of God. You are determined to break your wife all in the name of serving God. That's evil.

1 Like

Re: hello by onyxo76(m): 9:27am On Dec 01, 2020
luvmijeje:

The same lengthy discussion you had with her before she moved her ass to Church after 2 years? She has stopped arguing with you to preserve her peace. There is an adage in Yorubaland that says Treat a mad man with respect so that you will progress in life.

To answer your question, I stopped going to Church. I stopped being religious like you when I realise the most religious people are the most evil. They carry out evil in the name of God. You are determined to break your wife all in the name of serving God. That's evil.
EOD ,we have nothing more to discuss. These are truly the end times...
Re: hello by hashtagged(m): 9:46am On Dec 01, 2020
sholay2011:
Your wife is possessed sir. shocked What is wrong with her? Except you're not giving us the full story...

Please remain zealous for God, stand your ground as the head of the house and ask God for wisdom/insight to this situation. In fact, you're not taking it too far, you have just started. When there is a calling, your heart will be longing to serve God and then get to know Him the more. I really hope you didn't marry the wrong person but there is no situation irredeemable for God. Pray for your wife constantly and deal with her in love.

Guard your salvation with fear and trembling.

Shut the fvck up

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? / Any Jw In D House? / Muslims, What Terminates Fastings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.