Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary (42155 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Adewale Adeniyi As Substantive Comptroller-General Of Customs / Wally Adeyemo To Visit Nigeria / Biden Appoints Enoh Titilayo Ebong As Acting Director USTDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary by JohnSin97: 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2020
kilonshele101:

you can lash out as much as you want, and you don't have to prove a dime if you're true with yourself.

all I'm against is impersonating my people to prove points, you're not the first and you won't be the last to do so on Nairaland.

the moniker you opened few months back with questionable use of words to push your separatist agenda and promote riff against the Fulani and your islamophobic sentiments are duly noted.
that alone speaks alot on your identity, you don't have to use an oodua picture or "oodua a gbe wa" as personal text,coz as yorubas, we all okay the ideal of "oodua nation" but not in the way you're trying to appear and present it, even IPOB don't promote Biafra that way coz who cares but you failed to understand that just because you wanted to use it as a cover.
you also failed to understand that an average Yoruba believe in the Ideal of "one Nigeria" as well as the ideal of "oduduwa nation" (only as an alternative to Nigeria's worse case scenario)

I have been on Nairaland since 2017, it's so uncommon to see a Yoruba, referring to his fellow Muslim counterpart as "Yoruba Muslim" unless he or she is referring to it usage coz the phrase has some underlying meaning by those that created it. and you also belong to the class
that are found of the phrase.

you claim to free from the mental slavery imposed by foreign religions , but your only definition of foreign religion is Islam

and you also want me to believe that all these are just coincidental with someone that hate buhari, tinubu and Nigeria as one entity plus the fact the moniker was opened few months back and also an ipob apologist . what a nice combination for a yoruba

alot of things doesn't add up with you, and I believe they will, the moment you started being true with yourself.

please note that I'm NOT asking you to prove anything or give explanation for your questionable avatar. just be aware that you can be claiming "A" is "B"

some of us know better

Don't engage that guy, he's a shallow minded ipob miscreant

1 Like

Re: Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary by CeterisXVII: 3:29am On Dec 03, 2020
richie240:

Ol'boy, abeg shift!
Yoruba's don't have dt level of foolishness in them for a person to bear Yoruba name, spk Yoruba language as his native lang, share culture and all with Yoruba's yet still choose to deny his Yoruba-ship because of geographical location!

You know where to look if u need an example of those who do such!
I nor go tork pass DAT!
cool

Ignore that ignoramus, please. In Kwara, you will find pure Yoruba communities like Omu-Aran, Offa, Erin-Ile etc.

What language do they speak? What names do they bear? What traditions do they uphold? Isn't it Yoruba? Nobody from the towns listed would ever refer to themselves as not being Yoruba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary by orisa37: 6:06am On Dec 03, 2020
"MA KOWO JE O, OMO IYA". CONGRATS.
Re: Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary by Konquest: 6:21am On Dec 21, 2020
Re: Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary by RuggedSniper: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
Vixlot:

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/11/30/biden-to-appoint-nigerian-born-adewale-adeyemo-as-us-deputy-treasury-secretary/
Adewale Adeyemo is so lit! Diasporan Yoruba-Nigerians are mad dope achievers in medicine, tech, academia, sports, military services (i.e., U.S. Navy SEALs, e.g., Remi Adeleke, a Green Beret veteran in the Navy SEALs), Grammy Award winners, U.S. and UK movie actors, U.S. Congress politics, etc.
That's the TRUE UNLIMITED SPIRIT! grin

Thumbs up to all Nigerians worldwide who are positively representing!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary by CeterisXVII: 2:02am On Dec 23, 2020
JoeEeL:
Most religions have quite an amount of goodwill, for the most part. Nonetheless I don't see any single one worth its salt. In my opinion, they're all invented. I can bash any religion I so choose to and Christianity does not escape my angst too, maybe you didnot check well.

As for the time registered on NL, this is funny. I used to have an old moniker called 'kalixx'. I deactivated the account early this year (likely around January) because I discovered NL mods were biased then and they did remove front page comments at will, even if they were unprovocative. You can search for the moniker if you want and you'll see most of my words are consistent till this day but a deactivated account is lost. You'll only see me quoted and my quoted posts. Only difference was that I supported Sowore quite a bit (and that was when he was incarcerated). I will attach a few screenshots if u doubt.

Thirdly, referring to my fellow Yoruba muslims is where I may have a bit of fault and I readily admit. I'm no Christian nor muslim. I'm agnostic. Formerly christian though. I do have muslim friends. But during the protest, some of my muslim friends refrained from protesting and discouraged others from doing so. Later, a few told me that it was against Islam to protest. I couldn't believe my ears. Of course I know many Muslims came out to protest but for some to use religion as excuse from voicing out made me start to watch out for what Islam is.

Fourthly, I dislike Islam. I used to be indifferent before. But since 2015, (the Charlie Hebdo saga), I began to become wary. I also love to study history a lot and I have seen that both religions are just side-by-side tools used for expansion of kingdoms and territories -- usually behind the veil of crusades and jihads. Christianity is soft these times, but Islam still remains crude. Words like 'Shariah', 'Haram' irritate the living out of me! Anything that makes you have to fight for one useless god infuriates my soul and that is what core Islam is all about.

Fine, I agree SW are not as fanatic as that but I beg to differ that its because of enlightenment and education that we uphold. Fulani Herdsmen, Boko Haram, ISWAP etc. kill and all proclaim so in the name of Allah. Another teacher was beheaded in France, along with 3 other killings just this past month. Islamic killings also ensued in Vienna, Austria. And pls dont let me get started on the kind of terror Islam seems to engender. With all this, I think a reasonable human earns at least a degree of right to be quite apprehensive. If eventually push comes to shove (which likely will by the look of things) , will Yoruba muslims prefer creed over blood? Lebanon was dominantly Christian until their conquer by the Ottomans. Many of the Druzes broke out from the Maronites, which were indigenous to Lebanon later sided with the Ottomans to subdue their fellow indigenous Maronites. So I think one cannot be too careful. The kwaran Yorubas seem to prefer their hausa brothers more than Yoruba christians. The fact that people like me are more vocal does not mean the next thing is to start thinking of labeling them IPOB. Focus on their behaviour more and see for yourself.

And finally, I don't like Tinubu, I don't like Buhari, I despise PDP. APC makes me convulse. I hate anything Nigeria political system, Nigerian Army, Nigerian Police. Anyone who still claims 'One Nigeria' at this stage, I either see the person as idiotic or myopic. I have a soft spot for Sowore. I like Sunday Igboho, I revere Gani Adams and I adulate Nnamdi Kanu. There are also guys called Maiyegun Live and Koiki that I like and follow a lot. I believe in Oodua but I respect IPOB like mad. I don't believe in 'One Nigeria'. What's wrong? What else pls? ..

In short, this long epistle proves one thing. You are certainly NOT Yoruba.

No true born Omoluábi will ever refer to his fellow Yorùbá man, as a "Yoruba Muslim." Never!

In many different households in the southwestern part of Nigeria, you will see extended relatives in a Yoruba family who are Muslims, living peacefully side-by-side with the family members who are Christians.

Nothing like "Yoruba Muslim."

1 Like

Re: Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary by Osaze007: 6:45am On Dec 23, 2020
CeterisXVII:

No true born Omoluábi will ever refer to his fellow YouTube man, as a "Yoruba Muslim." Never!

In many different households in the southwestern part of Nigeria, you will see extended relatives in a Yoruba family who are Muslims, living peacefully side-by-side with the family members who are Christians.

Or statements like kwara Yorubas rather side with Hausa than Yoruba those are things yoruba don’t say looom

3 Likes

Re: Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary by RuggedSniper: 10:59am On Dec 23, 2020
RuggedSniper:
Adewale Adeyemo is so lit! Diasporan Yoruba-Nigerians are mad dope achievers in medicine, tech, academia, sports, military services (i.e., U.S. Navy SEALs, e.g., Remi Adeleke, a Green Beret veteran in the Navy SEALs), Grammy Award winners, U.S. and UK movie actors, U.S. Congress politics, etc.
That's the TRUE UNLIMITED SPIRIT! grin

Thumbs up to all Nigerians worldwide who are positively representing!

^^^^^
^^^^^
WORD! grin

Remi Adeleke, the elite U.S. Navy SEAL Green Beret
veteran.

Remi is legit bad ass. Yoruba nation keeping it real
in America... That's the fighting spirit.

African Prince, Navy SEAL & Hollywood Star – All in ONE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1exCRSzJlIo
Jun 16, 2020

#DEVGRU (SEAL Team 6)

1 Share

Re: Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary by JoeEeL(m): 10:23am On Jan 15, 2021
CeterisXVII:

No true born Omoluábi will ever refer to his fellow Yorùbá man, as a "Yoruba Muslim." Never!

Your eyes are NOT open. That's why.

Have you ever heard of MURIC before? Or their leader Akintola Ishaq?

Since Fulani herdsmen have begun raiding, killing and maiming in Oyo, has MURIC issued a statement about the current threat? Yes or no.

Why did only the governor, Makinde, issue the warning that Boko Haram and Islamic terrorists are already invading from neighbouring countries like Mali and co. Why has MURIC not ever issued a statement of warning against these terrorists in support of the Yoruba race as one monolithic group?

MURIC never praised Amotekun for their utmost done to curb Fulani terrorists. But why did they only raise their voice when Amotekun killed a civilian (which of course is wrong)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vXeNJvU1jI

Like I said, your eyes are NOT open. That's why you talk so ignorantly.
Re: Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary by CeterisXVII: 12:00am On Feb 04, 2021
JoeEeL:
Your eyes are NOT open. That's why.

Have you ever heard of MURIC before? Or their leader Akintola Ishaq?

Since Fulani herdsmen have begun raiding, killing and maiming in Oyo, has MURIC issued a statement about the current threat? Yes or no.

Why did only the governor, Makinde, issue the warning that Boko Haram and Islamic terrorists are already invading from neighbouring countries like Mali and co. Why has MURIC not ever issued a statement of warning against these terrorists in support of the Yoruba race as one monolithic group?

MURIC never praised Amotekun for their utmost done to curb Fulani terrorists. But why did they only raise their voice when Amotekun killed a civilian (which of course is wrong)?

Like I said, your eyes are NOT open. That's why you talk so ignorantly.

You are the totally ignorant one.

Many Yoruba families have a mixture of Christians and Muslims among their immediate and extended families.

They will NEVER refer to their relatives, friends and loved ones as "Yoruba Muslims," even when they don't share the same faith or religious beliefs.

MURIC is just a noise making organisation. No Yoruba family will ever allow their words to divide them.

The MURIC Chairman is just a rabble rouser that nobody respects or cares to listen to. This isn't the first time, the man has made outlandish claims, or wild assertions. He does it, to collect allocation from Abuja.

Stop sowing division where there is none. You are certainly NOT Yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore With MKO Abiola In 1993 Fighting For Democracy (Throwback Video) / Shekarau's Defection To PDP In 2014 & 2022 In Pictures: Has Anything Changed? / Bola Tinubu, Shettima, APC Governors Visit Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.