Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. (45523 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by MozB: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ok
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Piexel: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Na gbese be dat ooo
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by frugal(m): 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:
I bashed an SUV yesterday, I thought the driver was taking off and I charged up to follow him just to beat the messy traffic, he braked immediately and it happened. His bumper was a bit disjointed on the right side, and almost pulled off one of the mini brake lights on the bumper. Nothing happened to my car.

What model of Lexus oga?
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by PataAlhaja(m): 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Big boy with cool ride and money to spend any time, any day.

Send any Nairaland female DM now and watch them respond with cheerful alacrity.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Pandev(m): 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
wahala for who no get car
grin
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Missy30: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Suurulere
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by dalass(f): 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
[quote author=Carchoice post=96580252]I bashed an SUV yesterday, I thought the driver was taking off and I charged up to follow him just to beat the messy traffic, he braked immediately and it happened. His bumper was a bit disjointed on the right side, and almost pulled off one of the mini brake lights on the bumper. Nothing happened to my car.

I kept telling him to calm down but he wasn’t having it. Cost of damage running into hundred and some thousands was given to me. I was working on making a transfer while he was still fuming in anger and saying a lot. All of a sudden he entered his car and told his friend to hop in, I tried pleading with him to wait, he refused and even told me he will do worse should he get down from his car. I told his friend to tell him to calm down but he shouted at his friend to close his door and zoomed off.

On my way home I realized a lot from the incident, ALOT. The man was not interested in taking money from me. He was that angry because he knows he was not going to take money from me and he knows

Most humans expresses pains with anger and rage[/quote

Of course

Anger is a proper vent for the boiling emotions. Thank God he didn't settle things with slaps or fists..

It was a mild damage. The reason he left things and zoomed off... grin]
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
seankafor:
I no need take your story for the lessons of "where are we rushing to?"
2020 alone has taught me a lot..

You got lucky you hit a good guy car..or maybe your composure and manner of approach helped you evade the situation.. but whichever way..

Next time, no hurry in life cool

Chuenchi-Chuenchi really stonewalled all rushing.

Chai!

All my plans........

Hmmmmmm.......what a year!

For 2020, even if you wan rush, you fit?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
thank GOD U DIDNT PAY THE ONEHUNDERD THOUSAND ... naira ... december don reach already ....if is another person bro u go pay that money ooo

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
where are we rushing to!?
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Abdomox: 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
Thank God you learnt some things.

But biggest lesson for you both- Get a Comprehensive Insurance

You don't need all the shoutings at all.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
[quote author=dalass post=96586052][/quote]

The car might be fully insured, too, and he knows he won't pay a dime for complete flawless repair.

The money obviously wasn't his problem.

Still, I thank God on your behalf say no be one Bàbá Wèrè you jam, or one DPO.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by meobizy(f): 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
What did I just read?
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Liposure: 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ishilove:
Last week I was trying to cross the road at night when I narrowly missed being hit by a speeding car. Unfortunately, the child behind me was not so lucky as he was knocked aside like a rag doll. I was furious because I don't understand the rationale behind speeding in a residential area. I did not feel an atom of pity for the driver when all the thugs, hoodlums and riffraff in the neighbourhood converged around the car, an RX 350 and dragged the driver out by his shirt through the window. No joke. They didn't bother opening the door. The window was a good enough gateway.

Where were they speeding to? At the end of the day they did not get to their destination despite the satanic speed at which they were driving. Yoruba will say 'afi suuru.' Yes, afi suuru so that you don't invite trouble into your life.
surulere suruniayeyi. Thank god for your life madam
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by pocohantas(f): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
Very important question @ WHERE ARE YOU RUSHING TO?

My dad would always say, the difference between you and the car in front is brake.

When I was younger, I was a very nasty driver. The way I come out of our gate alone, people would call my father and tell him to hold that his daughter. Even when I am going to work, I don’t see anyone. I dey speed pass my colleagues steady, before they bring out phone to call me, I done reach America.

I never had an accident, but on my own, I calmed down. Nothing dey for speed. Last last, we would all reach our destination.

That said, why will you want to pay? What happened to insurance?

11 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by chocboi78(m): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
Nuyokoi:
"you kept telling him to calm down".

you aggravated him all the more via those words then. rather, you should have been telling him you were sorry or showing remorse. the latter would have called him down. words impact reactions.

eagles eye..
Nice observation.. A simple sorry can make me forgive a great wrong deed but surprisingly I will flare up at a little misgivings if the person is not remorseful

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Chirowman(m): 12:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
No hurry in life ,we will all reach our respective destinations .
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by kazyhm(m): 12:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
Yours was better.

Sometimes last year, I went to drop my fiancee at work around 6:30am in the morning. On my way back there was heavy traffic, so I tried shortcut through ashade to oba Akran, the traffic was even worse. There was this tiny light Camry ahead of me in the traffic; while I was following him bumper to bumper because I was already running late to my office, my SUV tyre touched the Camry bumper.

The man jump down from his car and rushed toward me in my car, shook head in my car and started dragging the key with me. As the struggle became intensify, i left him to see what the problem was, but to my surprise, he off the ignition, took the key and went back to his car. He showed me a very small dent on his bumper with no scratch at all and said I should follow him.
I told him NO; I won't follow him because there is no evident that I did the damage.

Meanwhile, we created another traffic because the cars in front of us had all moved, he started shouting "who are you ? Do you know who I am ? I will show you today ? How old are you? You lack respect etc. The crowd that gathered started begging him but he refused. So I told him let go to my panel beater. He looked at me and said you're crazy. I now said OK. Let appraised the damage and I will pay.
He just said bring 10k. I laughed and to him my panel beater won't even charge me 1k to fix this bumper.
But eventually I transfered 3k to him to avoid query at work.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Fidelismaria: 12:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
grin
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Lexusgs430: 12:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
A very simple case of exchanging insurance details, would have saved both of you confronting yourselves......... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by seankafor(m): 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Only a few men can compose themselves in the face of danger. Tough times are when you know the real men.

I was once approached by armed robbers whilst on a trip, that night was something else. The robbers shot for over 2 hours like their bullets couldn't get exhausted.

He came to my car and asked me to jazz down, I came down and asked him what he wanted with a smile. He wanted to slap me and I held his hand tightly (fear left me), I asked him again, oga what do you want?!? He beckoned to the others to take my car, immediately one of the boys wanted to move with the car, the leader said, make we free this man, e go track us later, e no even shake as e see us.

Always appear unfazed in the face of danger.

Nice one op.
oga that your Rambo stunt could have gone both ways..
No go dey claim staunch for person wey hold gun even if you be Goliath.. na one bullet go knock you out cold blood..
Those Underworlds no dey with their eyes sometimes

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
tongue

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by etibaba(m): 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
Lovely write up op, just like you said, immediately the accident occurred and he saw the damage he already made up his mind he will be bearing the cost of fixing the car. So the anger was just as a result to an emergency expenses that wasn't budgeted for. 'Where are you rushing to' ,the bolded is a strong word, good thing you picked something up from the whole situation.

Something else i deduce from your write up is that he was more infuriated when you were telling him to "calm down" well i think he saw the word in another context like "Oga calm down, he no pass money to solve the issue".

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:
I bashed an SUV yesterday, I thought the driver was taking off and I charged up to follow him just to beat the messy traffic, he braked immediately and it happened. His bumper was a bit disjointed on the right side, and almost pulled off one of the mini brake lights on the bumper. Nothing happened to my car.

We parked by the road side and Mr got out of control. I kept telling to calm down that I acknowledged it was my fault and mistake. I started hearing things like, who are you? How old are you? You small boy, go and ask of me in so so and so autos store”

I kept telling him to calm down but he wasn’t having it. Cost of damage running into hundred and some thousands was given to me. I was working on making a transfer while he was still fuming in anger and saying a lot. All of a sudden he entered his car and told his friend to hop in, I tried pleading with him to wait, he refused and even told me he will do worse should he get down from his car. I told his friend to tell him to calm down but he shouted at his friend to close his door and zoomed off.

On my way home I realized a lot from the incident, ALOT. The man was not interested in taking money from me. He was that angry because he knows he was not going to take money from me and he knows he was going to bear the cost of fixing the car. He was angry because he did not leave his house to go and bear cost for another person and the incident will likely ruin the rest of his day. I felt bad. I felt his pain. A Lexus SUV for the men.

But why was he feeling intimidated by asking my age and social status? Maybe it was my body composure, because I wasn’t looking fazed, I knew I already made a mistake which I have to pay for. I accept my mistakes easily, it helps me beat and teach myself for correction.

Then he also asked me this question;

“Where are you rushing to?”

this question will be my motto for 2021.

The incident also reminded me of my Ma, back then when it was time to pay school fees and we ask her for money, she starts acting as if they are stinging her needles. Woe betide you should you forget to do chores or refused to run errands for her, she’ll kill you in peace and keep the school fees money instead.

Most humans expresses pains with anger and rage
That is how you would react if someone should ask you for financial help. I am sure if someone ask the OP for N20k you won't give instead you will go the person unprintable names. Good that you learnt a lesson from what happened. Shalom

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by ehix89(m): 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:

We parked by the road side and Mr got out of control. I kept telling to calm down that I acknowledged it was my fault and mistake. I started hearing things like, who are you? How old are you? You small boy, go and ask of me in so so and so autos store”

On my way home I realized a lot from the incident, ALOT. The man was not interested in taking money from me. He was that angry because he knows he was not going to take money from me and he knows he was going to bear the cost of fixing the car. He was angry because he did not leave his house to go and bear cost for another person and the incident will likely ruin the rest of his day. I felt bad. I felt his pain. A Lexus SUV for the men.

But why was he feeling intimidated by asking my age and social status? Maybe it was my body composure, because I wasn’t looking fazed, I knew I already made a mistake which I have to pay for. I accept my mistakes easily, it helps me beat and teach myself for correction.

The incident also reminded me of my Ma, back then when it was time to pay school fees and we ask her for money, she starts acting as if they are stinging her needles. Woe betide you should you forget to do chores or refused to run errands for her, she’ll kill you in peace and keep the school fees money instead.

You're such a fluid writer

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by One4me: 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
You should not be driving if you dont know a thing about Tail-Gating or minimum stopping distance between two vehicles.
The problem is that everyone that has access to a Car, becomes Lewis Hamilton behind the Wheels, instead of properly learning the Rules of the Road first, before hitting the road.

PS: The fact that you have the money to pay for the Repairs, should not make you feel cool..
- Can you pay for his time that is lost at the scene and while the Repair takes place?
- Will a Repaired Vehicle be as good, as one that has never been damaged?

13 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Freaknasty: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
Next time embrace comprehensive insurance
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by ProfAmaben(m): 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
seankafor:
oga that your Rambo stunt could have gone both ways..
No go dey claim staunch for person wey hold gun even if you be Goliath.. na one bullet go knock you out cold blood..
Those Underworlds no dey with their eyes sometimes

True talk. I was indeed lucky, they probably didn't want to kill that day, I had nightmares for over 5yrs about that incident, that particular squad except for 2 members are now in the grave as they were killed by soldiers 7-8months later. Life goes on.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by carzhiemglows001(m): 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:

the car was actually a very clean Lexus Rx350, I was there and I was driving behind the basher's car.... the bashee was a nice man not to collect any money.... the basher's car was Tacoma pick up

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by pocohantas(f): 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ishilove:
Last week I was trying to cross the road at night when I narrowly missed being hit by a speeding car. Unfortunately, the child behind me was not so lucky as he was knocked aside like a rag doll. I was furious because I don't understand the rationale behind speeding in a residential area. I did not feel an atom of pity for the driver when all the thugs, hoodlums and riffraff in the neighbourhood converged around the car, an RX 350 and dragged the him out by his shirt through the window. No joke. They didn't bother opening the door. The window was a good enough gateway. After giving him a good beating they led him to the hospital where the child was rushed to go and check on his 'property'.

Where were they speeding to? At the end of the day they did not get to their destination despite the satanic speed at which they were driving. Yoruba people will say 'afi suuru.' Yes, afi suuru so that you don't invite trouble into your life.

One thing I never do is speed in a residential area. I never did it in my erratic days, never picked a call while driving too.

I was driving home one day and these kids were playing by the roadside, next thing, the boy turned and ran into the road. I saw that coming, but somehow I still had to brake abruptly and swerve. They took off immediately.

Omo!! I parked the car, left it like that with my door open and chased them. Ishi I pursued these kids o. I caught them na. Held him and asked if he wants to kill me. He started crying, I was crying too. People were telling me sorry. Left him and went back to my car. Till date, I am very paranoid when I see kids walking by the roadside. grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by unzend: 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2020
Nuyokoi:
"you kept telling him to calm down".

you aggravated him all the more via those words then. rather, you should have been telling him you were sorry or showing remorse. the latter would have called him down. words impact reactions.
Mmm Mmm

You are very correct

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Auto-makers Used To Do Before They Started Making Cars / Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads / 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Interior Spied With Massive Infotainment Touchscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.