Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:40 PM

My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. (45444 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by wellmax(m): 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
Zurich1844:

Which yeye insurance are you talking about here in Nigeria or do you just want to form Alatokumbo?
Insurance works. Even third party. I'd used it severally. If you are ignorant of this, na your fault.

If you fixed the damaged car, get pictures and invoice from the mechanic, take it to your insurance and get a refund.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Diamond23(f): 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:
I bashed an SUV yesterday, I thought the driver was taking off and I charged up to follow him just to beat the messy traffic, he braked immediately and it happened. His bumper was a bit disjointed on the right side, and almost pulled off one of the mini brake lights on the bumper. Nothing happened to my car.

We parked by the road side and Mr got out of control. I kept telling to calm down that I acknowledged it was my fault and mistake. I started hearing things like, who are you? How old are you? You small boy, go and ask of me in so so and so autos store”

I kept telling him to calm down but he wasn’t having it. Cost of damage running into hundred and some thousands was given to me. I was working on making a transfer while he was still fuming in anger and saying a lot. All of a sudden he entered his car and told his friend to hop in, I tried pleading with him to wait, he refused and even told me he will do worse should he get down from his car. I told his friend to tell him to calm down but he shouted at his friend to close his door and zoomed off.

On my way home I realized a lot from the incident, ALOT. The man was not interested in taking money from me. He was that angry because he knows he was not going to take money from me and he knows he was going to bear the cost of fixing the car. He was angry because he did not leave his house to go and bear cost for another person and the incident will likely ruin the rest of his day. I felt bad. I felt his pain. A Lexus SUV for the men.

But why was he feeling intimidated by asking my age and social status? Maybe it was my body composure, because I wasn’t looking fazed, I knew I already made a mistake which I have to pay for. I accept my mistakes easily, it helps me beat and teach myself for correction.

Then he also asked me this question;

“Where are you rushing to?”

this question will be my motto for 2021.

The incident also reminded me of my Ma, back then when it was time to pay school fees and we ask her for money, she starts acting as if they are stinging her needles. Woe betide you should you forget to do chores or refused to run errands for her, she’ll kill you in peace and keep the school fees money instead.

Most humans expresses pains with anger and rage
But where were you rushing to?
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by ProfAmaben(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
Zurich1844:

You seem to know more than what you are painting here. How come you know how many were killed by soldiers and how many of their gang members remaining? Hmnnnnn!

I'm on this whatsapp group that shares security information (mostly my university classmates), someone posted "dem no dey let people rest, dem nor go rest too" with some pictures attached, immediately, I saw the leader's face I recognized him with some others I saw that night, they didn't wear mask during operation. They were also members of a cult according to the poster and we're killed by soldiers during operation.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2020
Karleb:
You have to be in secondary school before 12.
A BSc before 20.
Msc before 23.
PhD before 25.
A wife and 2 kids before 30.

Where exactly are we rushing to kwanu?!
something is wrong with us in Africa and our political leaders life made time to be chasing us

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by lekki1444: 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
you are lucky. i hate bad drivers. i hate careless drivers. i hate people who drive recklessly. i hate people who change lanes unnecessarily. i hate speeders. it would have made me happy to hear he got you arrested and you slept in police cells for 4 days. and to make matters worse you are telling the man to calm down ? if anything you are the one that needed to calm down and you would have avoided the whole thing. anyway hope this teaches you a lesson but knowing you crazy nigerians you will be on the road tomorrow doing the exact same thing. SIGH

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by tellwisdom: 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
You will never catch me loosing my senses in a case like this. Because the very moment there’s a mistake; then will you realize that, that place you are rushing to, will not be worth the mistake you created for yourself.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by InvertedHammer: 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:
I bashed an SUV yesterday, I thought the driver was taking off and I charged up to follow him just to beat the messy traffic, he braked immediately and it happened. His bumper was a bit disjointed on the right side, and almost pulled off one of the mini brake lights on the bumper. Nothing happened to my car.

We parked by the road side and Mr got out of control. I kept telling to calm down that I acknowledged it was my fault and mistake. I started hearing things like, who are you? How old are you? You small boy, go and ask of me in so so and so autos store”

I kept telling him to calm down but he wasn’t having it. Cost of damage running into hundred and some thousands was given to me. I was working on making a transfer while he was still fuming in anger and saying a lot. All of a sudden he entered his car and told his friend to hop in, I tried pleading with him to wait, he refused and even told me he will do worse should he get down from his car. I told his friend to tell him to calm down but he shouted at his friend to close his door and zoomed off.

On my way home I realized a lot from the incident, ALOT. The man was not interested in taking money from me. He was that angry because he knows he was not going to take money from me and he knows he was going to bear the cost of fixing the car. He was angry because he did not leave his house to go and bear cost for another person and the incident will likely ruin the rest of his day. I felt bad. I felt his pain. A Lexus SUV for the men.

But why was he feeling intimidated by asking my age and social status? Maybe it was my body composure, because I wasn’t looking fazed, I knew I already made a mistake which I have to pay for. I accept my mistakes easily, it helps me beat and teach myself for correction.

The incident also reminded me of my Ma, back then when it was time to pay school fees and we ask her for money, she starts acting as if they are stinging her needles. Woe betide you should you forget to do chores or refused to run errands for her, she’ll kill you in peace and keep the school fees money instead.

/
Did you learn anything? No.
Some of you drivers on Nigerian roads are maniacs and take glory in being wild animals. He should have had you withdraw the money and then burn it in your presence. He shouldn't have let you off easily.
/

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by sharpwriter(m): 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
HonAdeli:
I had a very similar experience about 7months back. Was trying to avoid a vulcanizer who was pumping a vehicle's tire while his body was on the road.
On the other hand I was checking something on my phone cos I already calculated that I'd swerve for the vulcanizer but unfortunately my side mirror slightly scratched a man's Venza, then boom the man came down with his driver telling me he's a lawyer and he was just coming back from ibadan and all that he was going to call the Dpo of the station to arrest me and take me for brain test. What pissed me off most is I kept on pleading with this man that brake oil will clean it off then he asked me set of foolish questions 'How old are you, who owns the car you're driving and nonsense questions.
The man was so proud to the extent that he told me he bought the car in 2013 for 7million he brought out some papers from his safe too and that he was planning on selling it as tokunbo, all in all after begging for about 30minutes he left me.

Lol... that's a megalomaniac you have there. They are very many especially in governments and our tertiary institutions. To me, it is another form of insanity which showed in the way he expanded his ego and even went as far as to show you papers from his safe. To prove what? Just pride and arrogance. Na so some of dem dey invite robbers to themselves. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Bizibi(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
Where are you rushing to?

This question just made me realize that life is step by step.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Emeka71(m): 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2020
Karleb:
You have to be in secondary school before 12.
A BSc before 20.
Msc before 23.
PhD before 25.
A wife and 2 kids before 30.

Where exactly are we rushing to kwanu?!
So unfortunate that many people reason that way.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Alxmyr(m): 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2020
Calm down.
Where are you rushing to?

This should trend abeg...

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by lekki1444: 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2020
ProfAmaben:

True talk. I was indeed lucky, they probably didn't want to kill that day, I had nightmares for over 5yrs about that incident, that particular squad except for 2 members are now in the grave as they were killed by soldiers 7-8months later. Life goes on.
OGA you are a liar lmaoooo how do you get accosted by robbers in the middle of nowhere. robbers you have never met in your life. but somehow you know that 7 to 8 months time later they are all dead except for two. how do you know that ? either the story is a lie or you are part of the robbery squad cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by paix(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2020
It's a common practice among motorcyclists. I begin to wonder if they hate seeing cars in their front.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by lekki1444: 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
pocohantas:

One thing I never do is speed in a residential area. I never did it in my erratic days, never picked a call while driving too.

I was driving home one day and these kids were playing by the roadside, next thing, the boy turned and ran into the road. I saw that coming, but somehow I still had to brake abruptly and swerve. They took off immediately.

Omo!! I parked the car, left it like that with my door open and chased them. Ishi I pursued these kids o. I caught them na. Held him and asked if he wants to kill me. He started crying, I was crying too. People were telling me sorry. Left him and went back to my car. Till date, I am very paranoid when I see kids walking by the roadside. grin
you had to brake abruptly and swerve ? that tells me you are a very bad driver. anytime i see kids on the road my senses are alert and i drive real slow so thaat if they rush to the road i will just brake easily about 18 feet before i even get to them. NOT BRAAKE AABRUPTLY AND SWERVE. you need to be able to forsee situaations before they happen. go backto driving school ogbeni

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Estellie: 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2020
" I thought the driver was taking off so I charged up to follow him"

Follow him as what?
You be armed robber ni?
abi you be Lasma ni?

Some of us eh...
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by pocohantas(f): 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
lekki1444:
you had to brake abruptly and swerve ? that tells me you are a very bad driver. anytime i see kids on the road my senses are alert and i drive real slow so thaat if they rush to the road i will just brake easily about 18 feet before i even get to them. NOT BRAAKE AABRUPTLY AND SWERVE. you need to be able to forsee situaations before they happen. go backto driving school ogbeni

I would have said this same thing to someone else. E dey always easy for mouth till e do you. Well done, James Bond of our time. grin

Zurich1844:

Which yeye insurance are you talking about here in Nigeria or do you just want to form Alatokumbo?

I use AXA Mansard. I am not forming Alatokumbo (whatever that means), but I need you to know I have had my car hit once. The guy ruined my driver’s door and AxaMansard worked my car. Let me not go into details of how I dealt with the young man...

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by slimcassi(m): 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:

Your story reminded me of a driver with a Peoguet 406 hatchback, I was on my way home along Ado (if most of u know there u'll also know how tight the road is especially wen u approach the junction before the u-turn) when dis guy came from nowhere and overtook 6cars on a stretch cus there was a queue due to how congested the road was, but this driver no send.

In my mind I was like "where this guy there rush go" and funny thing is most of them on high speed, just one small hold-up after they must have left u (overtake) u'll still meet up and u'll b like "oga with all ur run i still don catch up"...

Anyways this guy was just overtaking cars anyhow, at any given opportunity till I couldn't keep track and I lost him. 5mins' into my journey home dis time I was approaching Area1 Masaka and there the 406 was but this time it was parked by the road side with the windscreen seriously shattered, the front bumper had a big dent and u could see crowd gathered.

The only comment I could make/utter was "where you dey run go" at the end u didn't get to ur destination with all the speed.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by lekki1444: 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Did you learn anything? No.
Some of you drivers on Nigerian roads are maniacs and take glory in being wild animals. He should have had you withdraw the money and then burn it in your presence. He shouldn't have let you off easily.
/
shocked grin cheesy
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Toktee(m): 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
BabbanBura:

A queation i have come to always ask myself when I am over running my car!
The day my car lost brake at a fly over with two pregnant women with me ehn... no one advised me to stop over speeding..
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:

"Most humans expresses pains with anger and rage(sic)"

"Conjuring purpose and passion from pain" now makes a lot of sense to me.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by pocohantas(f): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ishilove:

My sister, my mum calls these kinds of children 'end time children'. They are on a mission to implicate someborri. grin That is how they will be running upandan in front of vehicles like big rats. Several times I have had to yell at them to leave the road otherwise they would receive the fury of my palms.

Lmao. Those kids are something else. To think they saw me, looked at me. Yet he somehow decided to run into the road. Must be reflex sha, because e sure me say e no wan die. cheesy grin
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by anonymoux: 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2020
I try my best not to hit or get hit when driving. The problem for me about getting hit is not the cost of fixing thevehicle, but the fact that no matter how much you spend on the vehicle, it 'will' never be the same again. That is my own major concern.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by lekki1444: 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
pocohantas:

I would have said this same thing to someone else. E dey always easy for mouth till e do you. Well done, James Bond of our time. grin

I use AXA Mansard. I am not forming Alatokumbo (whatever that means), but I need you to know I have had my car hit once. The guy ruined my driver’s door and AxaMansard worked my car. Let me not go into details of how I dealt with the young man...
grin grin
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Maobichek: 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2020
sharaff6:
interesting.. you have to clam down when driving next time at least you will not past where you are going

I understand what you are talking about but some times, it's just a coincidence. Some of these news automatic cars can be something else; I started driving Feb 2010 but I had accident last year when I would consider myself a "perfect " driver, such is life. NB. anyone driving should not look down for any reason while driving, it kills, I witnessesd this last friday, thank you.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by owbabs: 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:

Drive defensively. That's how they do in developed countries. Nigerians (most) have adopted a bad habit of rushing for no reason.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by VULCAN(m): 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
The obvious assumption to be gained reading that story is that the accident happened in Nigeria.

Have you been to Nigeria before?

Lexusgs430:
A very simple case of exchanging insurance details, would have saved both of you confronting yourselves......... cheesy
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by lekki1444: 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
anonymoux:
I try my best not to hit or get hit when driving. The problem for me about getting hit is not the cost of fixing thevehicle, but the fact that no matter how much you spend on the vehicle, it 'will' never be the same again. That is my own major concern.
this why you dont buy expensive cars and drive on lagos road. i see people doing it andi am thinking what are you trying to prove ? in less than 5 days one idiot who doesnt know how to parallel park will scratch it. just the other day i went to get my car and some idiot trying to parallel park had scratched it. Thnk God it was just the guys paint that came off on my car but he didnt dent it. if not okada will scratch it. if not some idiot will jam you. its just a matter of time. so buy a car that if it gets scratched up you dont care. like a used toyota

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Bluntemperor: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ishilove:
Last week I was trying to cross the road at night when I narrowly missed being hit by a speeding car. Unfortunately, the child behind me was not so lucky as he was knocked aside like a rag doll. I was furious because I don't understand the rationale behind speeding in a residential area. I did not feel an atom of pity for the driver when all the thugs, hoodlums and riffraff in the neighbourhood converged around the car, an RX 350 and dragged the him out by his shirt through the window. No joke. They didn't bother opening the door. The window was a good enough gateway. After giving him a good beating they led him to the hospital where the child was rushed to go and check on his 'property'.

Where were they speeding to? At the end of the day they did not get to their destination despite the satanic speed at which they were driving. Yoruba people will say 'afi suuru.' Yes, afi suuru so that you don't invite trouble into your life.

Beautiful You!
OP,you try sha but life is a lesson so even Marriages!
I do remember that on few occasions that I found myself in the Hospital,Doctors and Nurses statement is sir,God wants you to SLOW DOWN!
So to slow down na hospital bed,eh hmm- a lesson indeed.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by derbykol(f): 2:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
BuddhaPalm:

My thoughts too.

"Calm down" is like asking a Nigerian, "Are you ok?"

Best would have been'please take it easy'

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by freemi(m): 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
xtervaganza:
Not long ago I made a post about why Nigerians drive like they are deranged. Like they are rushing to die. I drive everyday and I sincerely have no reason to overspeed. If I need to get to a place early then I leave home early. No need to start acting like small d1ck maniac on wheels
as simple as that
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by DukeJoe17: 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2020
DirtyGold:
Next time you offend someone, try to keep calm and follow their lead in resolving the matter
In your small mind, you could fix the problem with the small money you have... forgetting that a simple apology goes a long way.

Apart from the "where are you rushing to lesson", also realize that you just benefited from the goodness of the world either from what you've done in the past or from a goodness the man received. Don't forget to pay it forward as well!

What's tha business?

Wow

Always pay it forward.
A nice one there mehn.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Baale Of Akoka's Car Somersaulted On The 3rd Mainland Bridge / Boy Opens Mobile Car Wash In Lagos Traffic / Nigerian Lady Unblocks All Her 'Haters' On Instagram As She Celebrates New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.