Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,170 members, 7,780,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:42 AM

My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. (45443 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by jeff1607(m): 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
And most times when one drives slowly they are termed noobs

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by freemi(m): 2:48pm On Nov 30, 2020
Toktee:
The day my car lost brake at a fly over with two pregnant women with me ehn... no one advised me to stop over speeding..
so what happened at the end
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by freemi(m): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
tradepunter:
Reasonable thread and contributions I have seen in a while... I always knew Nigerians are very sensible people but the country condition activates their madness majority of time.

Need to conduct mire experiments
exactly
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by ogmask: 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
Fierypreacher:
shocked

You are lucky you bashed a good guy's ride.

On a normal day, na your body them for bash instead of paying for the damage you caused.

Better make that "where are you rushing to" your 2020 slogan.

It shouldnt get to that really. why do we have the insurance companies then.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by naijadrivablog: 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice = smartchoice
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by PreyingMantis(m): 3:08pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ishilove:
Last week I was trying to cross the road at night when I narrowly missed being hit by a speeding car. Unfortunately, the child behind me was not so lucky as he was knocked aside like a rag doll. I was furious because I don't understand the rationale behind speeding in a residential area. I did not feel an atom of pity for the driver when all the thugs, hoodlums and riffraff in the neighbourhood converged around the car, an RX 350 and dragged the him out by his shirt through the window. No joke. They didn't bother opening the door. The window was a good enough gateway. After giving him a good beating they led him to the hospital where the child was rushed to go and check on his 'property'.

Where were they speeding to? At the end of the day they did not get to their destination despite the satanic speed at which they were driving. Yoruba people will say 'afi suuru.' Yes, afi suuru so that you don't invite trouble into your life.
You should ask yourself where exactly you were rushing to. If you weren't in such a hurry to cross the road, the child behind you wouldn't have followed on your heels... Being faster than the child, you made it across and the pikin following you didn't. I blame you 100% for that accident and not the unfortunate motorist.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by derbykol(f): 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2020
freemi:
as simple as that
Exactly!
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by derbykol(f): 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2020
jeff1607:
And most times when one drives slowly they are termed noobs
And you care about that?
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Toktee(m): 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2020
freemi:
so what happened at the end
Na God help me out, the way and manner the car come the speed ehn and it was heading towards roundabout, I was busy shouting Jesus, my wife asked what's going on I said nothing, I press,Matched break more then 20 times within 30 minutes nothing happens..

Chaiii, na so I go jamb one fine car for my front, the sound was like bomb people scamper for safety thinking it was a bomb.. the car come to a slow stop.

Thank God the man get protector for back, one strong rod like that, he come down come help removed my bomber.... He said " My brother, it is well" I was expecting trouble cos it happens close to kpakungu police station right in front of Nepa office kpakungu.

But ladies and gentlemen, after the whole drama,i kicked the car and the break work fine, I was like what the hell?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Sarang(f): 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:
I bashed an SUV yesterday, I thought the driver was taking off and I charged up to follow him just to beat the messy traffic, he braked immediately and it happened. His bumper was a bit disjointed on the right side, and almost pulled off one of the mini brake lights on the bumper. Nothing happened to my car.

We parked by the road side and Mr got out of control. I kept telling to calm down that I acknowledged it was my fault and mistake. I started hearing things like, who are you? How old are you? You small boy, go and ask of me in so so and so autos store”

I kept telling him to calm down but he wasn’t having it. Cost of damage running into hundred and some thousands was given to me. I was working on making a transfer while he was still fuming in anger and saying a lot. All of a sudden he entered his car and told his friend to hop in, I tried pleading with him to wait, he refused and even told me he will do worse should he get down from his car. I told his friend to tell him to calm down but he shouted at his friend to close his door and zoomed off.

On my way home I realized a lot from the incident, ALOT. The man was not interested in taking money from me. He was that angry because he knows he was not going to take money from me and he knows he was going to bear the cost of fixing the car. He was angry because he did not leave his house to go and bear cost for another person and the incident will likely ruin the rest of his day. I felt bad. I felt his pain. A Lexus SUV for the men.

But why was he feeling intimidated by asking my age and social status? Maybe it was my body composure, because I wasn’t looking fazed, I knew I already made a mistake which I have to pay for. I accept my mistakes easily, it helps me beat and teach myself for correction.

Then he also asked me this question;

“Where are you rushing to?”

this question will be my motto for 2021.

The incident also reminded me of my Ma, back then when it was time to pay school fees and we ask her for money, she starts acting as if they are stinging her needles. Woe betide you should you forget to do chores or refused to run errands for her, she’ll kill you in peace and keep the school fees money instead.

Most humans expresses pains with anger and rage

The last statement is so true.
Thanks for reminding me
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by petitejolie(f): 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
It reminds me of that accident in Lagos where the car sped of d road and climbed a pedestrian bridge. As in where are u all rushing Nd speeding to. Next time don’t b saying calm down just b begging saying sorry I’m sorry. So many Nigerians are mentally stressed even u need mental evaluation for wat u did.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by austinfan4love(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
grin
PataAlhaja:
Big boy with cool ride and money to spend any time, any day.

Send any Nairaland female DM now and watch them respond with cheerful alacrity.

: grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by BabbanBura(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
Toktee:
The day my car lost brake at a fly over with two pregnant women with me ehn... no one advised me to stop over speeding..

What shocked. My own i entered a pool of water at a bend on top bridge by a huge lake with a 2 years old child. Come see serious hydroplane. When I regained control, I begin imagine wetin I for tell the mother of that child plus na brand new car wey never reach 1year use.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by ceejayluv(m): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
Karleb:
You have to be in secondary school before 12.
A BSc before 20.
Msc before 23.
PhD before 25.
A wife and 2 kids before 30.

Where exactly are we rushing to kwanu?!
Hahaha... To the grave las las.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by simeko(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
Karleb:
You have to be in secondary school before 12.
A BSc before 20.
Msc before 23.
PhD before 25.
A wife and 2 kids before 30.

Where exactly are we rushing to kwanu?!

baba the truth is we are all rushing to the grave. sad but that the truth

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
I remember when I was learning how to drive.

I was so eager that on the very first day, I was already overspeeding.

The instructor started by always saying "Can you control this speed" and then changed to "where are you rushing to?"

And he was right. Where was I rushing to on a typical driving lesson day?

Funny enough, I always remember this question whenever I have a close call.

I remembered traveling from Ibadan to Lagos to resume work. I had gone to see my godmother in Ibadan, and as I was speeding back to Lagos around 4am to resume work before 9, a truck suddenly veered into my path, and I barely managed to swerve out of its path. Being on top speed, I had lost total control of my steering, and the car ran on two tyres for a little while before dropping back on all four tyres.

Fortunately, no one sustained any serious injuries. Now, what if the truck had run into me? It means that I wouldn't have gotten to my destination despite that I was overspeeding.

Better to be alive and lose a job than to die while rushing to avoid getting sacked or queried for coming late.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Sarang(f): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2020
tradepunter:
Reasonable thread and contributions I have seen in a while... I always knew Nigerians are very sensible people but the country condition activates their madness majority of time.

Need to conduct mire experiments

Honestly
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Sarang(f): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2020
Like one day an Okada carried me and my bro around 2017 when I visited

Dude was just going going going..like defuq
I told my bro we should get down cause we are going to fall but he didn’t listen

15 mins later kpoza.. my bro carried me up from bike and stood on his feet cause he is taller

Guess who got hurt and went to the hospital? Okada

I was asking my bro why is everyone in a hurry damn it
It was the first thing I noticed. Everyone was doing hurry hurry like jesus!

I drive so slow
If I see someone crossing I stop for them
That’s the right thing to do
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by calabardick(m): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
When will Nigerians understand the purpose of vehicle insurance?
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Only a few men can compose themselves in the face of danger. Tough times are when you know the real men.

I was once approached by armed robbers whilst on a trip, that night was something else. The robbers shot for over 2 hours like their bullets couldn't get exhausted.

He came to my car and asked me to jazz down, I came down and asked him what he wanted with a smile. He wanted to slap me and I held his hand tightly (fear left me), I asked him again, oga what do you want?!? He beckoned to the others to take my car, immediately one of the boys wanted to move with the car, the leader said, make we free this man, e go track us later, e no even shake as e see us.

Always appear unfazed in the face of danger.

Nice one op.

The leader said "make we free this man, e go track us later, e no even shake as e see us".

And then one of his boys said " boss make we free am"?!

The leader then said " if we no use dis one as Scape goat, others too fit wan form 'FEARLESS'".

A Bullet in between the eyes was fired by the boy that asked if he should be freed.

The boss then turned to the rest and asked "who is next to be freed?!".

YOUR ADVICE IS FOR THOSE WHO ARE READY FOR WHATEVER THE RESULT OF THEIR 'FEARLESSNESS' MAY BRING EVEN IF IT MAY BE DEATH.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Imustreturn(m): 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
Just remembered one time I bashed an SUV on ikeja bridge that horrible traffic there. I was confused, didn't Know what to do. I was just apologizing.He just said it's ok but be careful, I would say my lucky day.

I drove off

I just asked myself where you dey rush go self?
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Toktee(m): 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2020
BabbanBura:

What shocked. My own i entered a pool of water at a bend on top bridge by a huge lake with a 2 years old child. Come see serious hydroplane. When I regained control, I begin imagine wetin I for tell the mother of that child plus na brand new car wey never reach 1year use.
grin grin grin... It's not funny, speed sweet but the consequences is huge.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Karleb(m): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
BluntTheApostle:
I remember when I was learning how to drive.

I was so eager that on the very first day, I was already overspeeding.

The instructor started by always saying "Can you control this speed" and then changed to "where are you rushing to?"

And he was right. Where was I rushing to on a typical driving lesson day?

Funny enough, I always remember this question whenever I have a close call.

I remembered traveling from Ibadan to Lagos to resume work. I had gone to see my godmother in Ibadan, and as I was speeding back to Lagos around 4am to resume work before 9, a truck suddenly veered into my path, and I barely managed to swerve out of its path. Being on top speed, I had lost total control of my steering, and the car ran on two tyres for a little while before dropping back on all four tyres.

Fortunately, no one sustained any serious injuries. Now, what if the truck had run into me? It means that I wouldn't have gotten to my destination despite that I was overspeeding.

Better to be alive and lose a job than to die while rushing to avoid getting sacked or queried for coming late.

Wise. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by unbrandedspace(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
[quote author=visijo post=96585959]If you ever feel useless, think about the guy that writes Terms and Conditions.[/quot

How do you mean?
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by HonAdeli(m): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
sharpwriter:

Lol... that's a megalomaniac you have there. They are very many especially in governments and our tertiary institutions. To me, it is another form of insanity which showed in the way he expanded his ego and even went as far as to show you papers from his safe. To prove what? Just pride and arrogance. Na so some of dem dey invite robbers to themselves. cheesy
Exactly, he kept on saying I'll call the police to arrest you and charge you to court. The man was just blabbing cos of minor scratch.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Zurich1844(f): 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
pocohantas:

I would have said this same thing to someone else. E dey always easy for mouth till e do you. Well done, James Bond of our time. grin

I use AXA Mansard. I am not forming Alatokumbo (whatever that means), but I need you to know I have had my car hit once. The guy ruined my driver’s door and AxaMansard worked my car. Let me not go into details of how I dealt with the young man...
Lol. Ok. That's where you work. Stylish advertising! God bless your hustles jare

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by saasala(m): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Only a few men can compose themselves in the face of danger. Tough times are when you know the real men.

I was once approached by armed robbers whilst on a trip, that night was something else. The robbers shot for over 2 hours like their bullets couldn't get exhausted.

He came to my car and asked me to jazz down, I came down and asked him what he wanted with a smile. He wanted to slap me and I held his hand tightly (fear left me), I asked him again, oga what do you want?!? He beckoned to the others to take my car, immediately one of the boys wanted to move with the car, the leader said, make we free this man, e go track us later, e no even shake as e see us.

Nice one op.

Dont you ever pull that shittty stunt again in your life. Next time you do, you will be gunned down

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Aarenasbaba(m): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
I have adopted d motto already: where are you rushing to?
Meanwhile, the other day when I was going to court with my brother. He mistakenly bashed a car, the guy was so furious and started ranting, meanwhile the damage was minimal. We asked him to calm down and tell us the solution. He said we need to pay 1k for the damages. Bring your account number, but he is too shy to collect it

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by tunjilee003: 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Always appear unfazed in the face of danger.but this has sent many to their early graves.....

Nice one op.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by braimeddy: 5:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
I will say you were lucky cos others might just gun you down. Let's pray we shouldn't meet such in the anyway
ProfAmaben:

Nice one op.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Lexusgs430: 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
VULCAN:
The obvious assumption to be gained reading that story is that the accident happened in Nigeria.

Have you been to Nigeria before?

This narrative must change...... It's about time, you Nigerian's start to have proper vehicle insurance, life insurance, contents insurance, business insurance, civil disobedience insurance etc etc etc
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2020
I admire your ability to apologise and picking a thing from it.

Next time the first thing to do is to apologise and be meek before bringing up money issue. Because u have the money u thought that u could just fix the problem with money ( las las na money I go give am), that was the attitude that got him so angry.

Those words "where are you rushing to" have always been my slogan on the road. Whenever am using a public mode of transportation
I don't fall to keep sounding it to them until I have alighted (drop me finish after u fit go kill urself unrepentant fellow). While I sometimes avoid been driven by close people that are too fast on the road.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Baale Of Akoka's Car Somersaulted On The 3rd Mainland Bridge / Boy Opens Mobile Car Wash In Lagos Traffic / Nigerian Lady Unblocks All Her 'Haters' On Instagram As She Celebrates New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.