Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari (17180 Views)

2023: Anxiety Heightens In PDP Over Wike’s ‘Defection Plan’ / APC, PDP Reps Clash Over Comments On Buhari's Sins, Defection Plan To PDP / Umahi: Anyim Pius Is The Leader Of IPOB In Ebonyi & Senator Egwu Is Their Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by nairapark: 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
The Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, on Sunday revealed that he planned his defection to the All Progressives Congress together with the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Pius Anyim.

Umahi, who disclosed this while addressing APC stakeholders at a meeting held at the Bouquet Lodge of the old Government House, Abakaliki, said Anyim backed out of the plan because he (Umahi) went to see the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rted.), over the defection plan without carrying him along.

According the governor, the plan was for Anyim and other leaders to join him in the APC two weeks after he must have successfully defected.

Umahi said he consulted all the National Assembly members and the elders in the state about his defection to the APC, adding that they gave their nod to it, and even agreed to defect with him.

He said the only grievance of the NASS members and other leaders was that he outsmarted them by joining the APC before them.

“They were planning to ambush me, but it is difficult to catch the air,” he said.

Reacting to the allegation making the round that Anyim gave him N5bn to prosecute his governorship election in 2015, Umahi said, “I was a deputy governor, somebody occupying the highest position from the South-East (referring to Anyim) went and arranged for N5bn loan for me to prosecute the presidential election for his government. I had to sell many of my property to pay back that money.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/anyim-backed-out-of-defection-over-visit-to-buhari-umahi/%3famp=1

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by techmo(m): 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
lipsrsealed

The sudden announcement Umahi did alone without others was a betrayer of trust

Shows selfishness... Why not wait for Anyim and the 3 senators before taking the shine alone and hijacking APC state structure

Umahi would give a single press release and press and Newspapers would split it to 10 articles, and start posting it slowly with different heading daily...

Now Umahi would understand why Tinubu hardly speaks

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
This Umahi is already disenchantrd by his st.upid move. He is now an orphan in Ebonyi. That decision was a smart political SUICIDE!

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Thegracefulness: 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
If this was in saner climes, until the end of this year—even until the beginning of next year, the death of forty innocent farmers would have still made major headlines, and no other news would’ve been reported. Political playgrounds would’ve been shut down. Nobody would care if Abia or Umahi wants to defect, they would focus on grieving for the bereaved.

But here we are, welcome to Nigeria, where travesty and suffering is handled like mosquitoe bites. Rub it with ointment, wham! Bam! Over to the next.

Those ones are gone, dead, and forgotten.

How did we become a place where death as numbered as forty becomes just another regular incident.

gracious! The whole of Nigeria needs therapy.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by yeyeboi(m): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ok
Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Afam4eva(m): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Umahi please rest. You're becoming utterly ridiculous as the day goes by. Stay in APC in peace and shut your gob. Ogini di?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by HerMajestyCares(f): 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2020
And what is our business with whatever decision you made, angry angry

After all you defected for your own selfish reasons and not for the interest of the masses.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by MirJay: 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2020
You, Anyim and all you stinking Politicians using the masses to accomplish your selfish gains are all doomed. When the cleansing comes it will start with you idiots.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by sdindan: 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2020
This Umahi should rest pls. We have had enough.

9 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by millionboi2: 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
What is unahi problem now

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Bunnatex(m): 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
I won't crucify him after all we live in a country where defection is the order of the day.
But what I don't like is his public ranting since defection, he should focus more on the reasons for his defection and giving good governance to the good people if Ebonyi state...

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Bimpe29: 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
Please save all that, after all the deed has been done.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by yemmight(m): 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
I dont think they think very well before porting.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Imstrong2(m): 5:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
This man takes defection more seriously than governance angry

8 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Chonco: 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
This Governor is biting more than he can chew.
Fighting everyone in his state, thereby creating more enemies.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by revived: 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
Good
Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
Umahi, no need to talk too much now. Who is advising him sef?

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Whois(m): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
Who cares

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Oxtonguy: 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:
Open confession.....
Even if you tie your mouth with cloth...
.it will be licking uncontrollably

More depression will come when you can't find your balance in APC as was promised
Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by 900warriorz: 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
Wahala be like bicycle cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
This man too talk abeg. Take a fucking chill pill - relax and wait and see if your gamble pays off or fails spectacularly. It is a zero sum game. You have cast the dice, no going back. So shut the Bleep up and wait for the outcome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Mrgreg5295: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
Why is he complaining?
Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by sirabu: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ayim the snitch.................
Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Donedeal1(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
Beginning to sound like a good saboteur, only God knows how many of such action brought you to this level.

6 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Beotse: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
Mtchew... Iranu

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by KingAzari: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
Can he just shush yet

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Blackking98(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
You've defected no issue. Please shut up

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Anyim Pulled Out Of APC Defection Plan Over My Visit To Buhari by Nicorae7: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
Who is this one

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Elections: There Will Be Trouble In Nigeria If PDP Loses - Sule Lamido / LP Supporters Protest In Abia, Ask INEC To Declare Otti Governor-Elect / Independence Day Celebrations Of The 1960s, '70s And '80s (Videos And Memories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.