Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:24 AM

You Are Failing Because You Are Looking For Answers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / You Are Failing Because You Are Looking For Answers (174 Views)

Fiverr Gurus. Step In, I Need Some Quick Answers / Help.. Been failing to upload a theme in WordPress dashboard / Entertainment Blogs In Nigeria Are Failing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Are Failing Because You Are Looking For Answers by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
I remember some years back when I had no job and less than N100 in my account.

Today, I’m good. Not where I want to be yet but good.

What changed?

How did I get from there to here?

And most importantly, what was I doing wrong all those years?

Here’s what I think:

I struggled back then because I was an over thinker. I had a mindset that I needed to know what to do before doing it.

So I read books.

Bought courses.

Attended Seminars.

I knew so much all my friends nicknamed me: ‘Einstein’.

An Einstein with N100 in his checking account (they didn’t know this though).

Funny how that works.

What I did wrong was never taking action.

I thought I needed to know what to do before doing it?

I didn’t execute on any idea if I didn’t know the exact steps to start.

I didn’t execute on any idea if I couldn’t figure out how to make any money in one month.

Something magical then happened.

I saw a video on YouTube about making beautiful websites without coding.

Beautiful websites had always fascinated me.

I always wanted to make one myself but I couldn’t code. So when I saw this video I was excited.

There’s was link to a course and I bought it.

The next day I started a side project designing one for a friend selling perfume oils online.

It was a free job. I didn’t see it as starting a service or business. I just wanted to practice and learn.

That’s when it al clicked.

Soon after, I got another job referred by my friend.

Soon after I was doing a job every week.

All for free.

It was just a fun project for me.

But I was amazed by all the interest in my work and how my work was gaining traction even when I barely knew what I was doing.

I eventually realized my obsession with finding all the answers before taking action what was held me back.

You don’t take action on your ideas to make money.

The benefit of taking action is to discover what to do and get your questions answered.

You won’t know what to do or find answers to your questions unless you take action.

The answers are in taking action.

Without action all your questions would be too theoretical to be useful.

Action gives you the useful questions you need to be asking because it gives you more specific questions.

You go from questions like how do I make money on Upwork or freelancing? (unspecific and useless)

To:

How should I write a compelling proposal to this job post I’m reading about designing a wordpress site? (specific and useful).

Stop asking questions before starting.

Just start even if you’re going to flounder around for a bit.

Learn how to start here: https://gumroad.com/l/dpCdg

1 Like

Re: You Are Failing Because You Are Looking For Answers by Playthepianos: 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2020
Exactly, boss. That was my problem. Last week, I red something like this on Reddit.

Nichesiteseo:
I remember some years back when I had no job and less than N100 in my account.

Today, I’m good. Not where I want to be yet but good.

What changed?

How did I get from there to here?

And most importantly, what was I doing wrong all those years?

Here’s what I think:

I was struggled back then because I was an over thinker. I had a mindset that I needed to know what to do before doing it.

So I read books.

But courses.

Attended Seminars.

I knew so much all my friends nicknamed me: ‘Einstein’.

An Einstein with N100 in his checking account (they didn’t know this though).

Funny how that works.

What I did wrong was never taking action.

I thought I needed to know what to do before doing it?

I didn’t execute on any idea if I didn’t know the exact steps to start.

I didn’t execute on any idea if I couldn’t figure out how to make any money in one month.

Something magical then happened.

I saw a video on YouTube about making beautiful websites without coding.

Beautiful websites had always fascinated me.

I always wanted to make one myself but I couldn’t code. So when I saw this video I was excited.

There’s was link to a course and I bought it.

The next day I started a side project designing one for a friend selling perfume oils online.

It was a free job. I didn’t see it as starting a service or business. I just wanted to practice and learn.

That’s when it al clicked.

Soon after, I got another job referred by my friend.

Soon after I was doing a job every week.

All for free.

It was just a fun project for me.

But I was amazed by all the interest in my work and how my work was gaining traction even when I barely knew what I was doing.

I eventually realized my obsession with finding all the answers before taking action what was held me back.

You don’t take action on your ideas to make money.

The benefit of taking action is to discover what to do and get your questions answered.

You won’t know what to do or find answers to your questions unless you take action.

The answers are in taking action.

Without action all your questions would be too theoretical to be useful.

Actions gives you the useful questions you need to be asking because it gives you more specific questions.

You go from questions like how do I make money on Upwork or freelancing? (unspecific and useless)

To:

How should I write a compelling proposal to this job post I’m reading about designing a wordpress site? (specific and useful).

Stop asking questions before starting.

Just start even if you’re going to flounder around for a bit.

Learn how to start here: https://gumroad.com/l/dpCdg

Re: You Are Failing Because You Are Looking For Answers by Nichesiteseo(m): 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2020
Playthepianos:
Exactly, boss. That was my problem. Last week, I red something like this on Reddit.

Thanks for reading.

Action > everything

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers Needed / Online Presence Needs. / New Song From An Upcoming Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.