Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask (849 Views)

See The Dumbest People In The World [SHOCKING] / Semen Retention Is The Dumbest Thing Ever / What Was The Dumbest Thing You Ever Did To Impress A Girl/guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by Casper21: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2020
How do you see yourself in 5years to come?
It's a really dumb question that need not an answer
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by CulverBerry: 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
Casper21:
My answer: Sitting on your god-damñ sit asking a better question!
(That was how I lost my job)cry

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by Casper21: 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2020
CulverBerry:

My answer: Sitting on your god-damñ sit asking a better question!
(That was how I lost my job)cry

Lwkm
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by tobechi74: 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
It is not a dumb question. I ask girls that on a regular basis. I ask strangers I just met. It is a way of knowing a person with a vision

1 Like

Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by Bluezy13(m): 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
tobechi74:
It is not a dumb question. I ask girls that on a regular basis. I ask strangers I just met. It is a way of knowing a person with a vision

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years ??
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by gassbee: 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
tobechi74:
the question is job related
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by GodWrites: 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
Casper21:

My response 5 years ago to this very interview question:

In five years sir, my office should have a beach view, with a 55inch curved Smart LG TV in my office.

In five years, I should have the latest model of Rolls-Royce in my collection, with nothing less than 355 million naira in my account.

In five years, I'll have everything you have, even more, sir.

If this company should hire me, I will ensure that the company grows in accordance to my five year plan.
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by paulolee(m): 9:11pm On Nov 30, 2020
was asked when I applied to join n learn mechanic work n I told oga wasui dt "next 5 years I see myself driving my cars to dis shop each sunday for you to service them for me" d man flog me Exhaust pipe for head..
na so I take lose dt job n wetin pain me pass b say the man no GRE refund my moni back wey i bin pay to learn work o..

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by tobechi74: 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
Bluezy13:

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years ??
Confidential
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by Bluezy13(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
tobechi74:

Confidential

It means I am intruding into your privacy with my inquisition; consequently, you perceive my question to be a dumb one.
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by Nazgul: 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
Casper21:
It's not a dumb question. If you're intelligent you'll understand that they want to know if you have a long term goal for their company.

When you start giving answers like I see myself heading my own establishment, traveling out of the country, going for my masters degree...etc. it becomes obvious to them that you're only applying for that job to solve your urgent financial need and not to move their company forward. Believe me no employer would employ you.

The rule of the thumb is that whatever answer you choose to reply must have the interest of the company in focus. Tell them your goals for their company in the next five years and believe me, you'll get the job
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by meraola29080: 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
:Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years ??Confidential
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by tobechi74: 3:12am On Dec 01, 2020
Bluezy13:

It means I am intruding into your privacy with my inquisition; consequently, you perceive my question to be a dumb one.
is

Not dumb one. The recruiter want to be sure that you have a vision to take the organization to the next level. You embrace personal and organisational growth.
Those without vision do just enough to get their monthly pay. Not interested in promotion. As they remain stagnant, so does their department. Those who aspire to grow to senior managers have to work extra hard to beat the current senior manager. That is who the candidate they prefer
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by Karleb(m): 3:31am On Dec 01, 2020
Truth is, interviewers ask dumb questions from time to time. But job seekers are told to take it that way because they are the ones with something to lose.

Nigerian job interviews are like Nigerian higher institution exams, just do la cram la pour and pass.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by Bluezy13(m): 5:34am On Dec 01, 2020
tobechi74:
is

Not dumb one. The recruiter want to be sure that you have a vision to take the organization to the next level. You embrace personal and organisational growth.
Those without vision do just enough to get their monthly pay. Not interested in promotion. As they remain stagnant, so does their department. Those who aspire to grow to senior managers have to work extra hard to beat the current senior manager. That is who the candidate they prefer
Well answered.
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by Gentle0wavez: 7:37am On Dec 01, 2020
GodWrites:

My response 5 years ago to this very interview question:

In five years sir, my office should have a beach view, with a 55inch curved Smart LG TV in my office.

In five years, I should have the latest model of Rolls-Royce in my collection, with nothing less than 355 million naira in my account.

In five years, I'll have everything you have, even more, sir.

If this company should hire me, I will ensure that the company grows in accordance to my five year plan.

This your answer is too ambitious and will scare most bosses
Re: One Of The Dumbest Questions Job Interviewers Ask by DarkCaesar(m): 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
Casper21:
reply your mail

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ / Meet Marwa, A Single Mother By Choice In Iraq (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.