Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? (443 Views)

Why Do Women Always Insist For A Joint Account With Their Partner? / Men, Can You Have A Joint Account With Your Wife? / My Visit To An Ashawo Joint In Lagos (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by fait10(m): 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
I was discussing with my gf today on having a joint account when we are married. But she did not agree. Please i need our married couples advice here.
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by JasperVII(m): 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
I wouldn't advise that. In most cases the account ends up being controlled by the woman, such that you cannot use the money in the account without telling her first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by baralatie(m): 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
hmmmm! it is very tricky!
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by Newman20(m): 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2020
No
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by internationalman(m): 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2020
So that you'd be taking permission from your wife anytime you wanna send money to your mum or any other family members.

Somethings should be reserved to the white folks only.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by Churchill6767: 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2020
Joint account, say wetin happen?

Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by Pierocash(m): 10:16pm On Nov 30, 2020
It doesn't mean anything, it depends on the type of woman she is,if she is this extravagant type then it isn't advisable.

Joint account does not necessarily mean that you must take permission before you make withdrawal. Once both of you are signatory to the account, any of you can make withdrawals without necessarily getting the approval of your partner. Except you don't want it to run or be operated that way
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
Thunder where art thou
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by SlurUsername1: 10:20pm On Nov 30, 2020
Yes, if the woman earns higher. Otherwise everyone should handle their money by themselves
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by Henny0987(f): 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
It depends
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by Bluezy13(m): 10:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
Yamiriflathead:
Yes, if the woman earns higher. Otherwise everyone should handle their money by themselves

cheesy
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by Flytime: 1:10am On Dec 01, 2020
baralatie:
hmmmm!
it is very tricky! risky
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by Nazgul: 1:48am On Dec 01, 2020
fait10:
I was discussing with my gf today on having a joint account when we are married. But she did not agree. Please i need our married couples advice here.
Having a joint account with your spouse is like using candle to sell fuel. It's definitely going to explode and kill you one day.

You two would be monitoring each other's withdrawal unnecessarily. Imagine you have 600k in the account and about 450k belongs to you, then you receive a debit alert of 400k done by your wife, when you question her she tells you she wants to use it for a business, what would you do? Money that you were even planing to make use of as well.

Run your separate account and allow her run hers period. So you can have peace of mind.

Don't start what you can't finish.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by adekola72559: 5:57am On Dec 01, 2020
:Yes, if the woman earns higher. Otherwise everyone should handle their money by themselves
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by AFvckingAlpha(m): 7:53am On Dec 01, 2020
The fvck
Niggarr!!
You need to level up my niggarr
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by fait10(m): 9:41am On Dec 01, 2020
Nazgul:

Having a joint account with your spouse is like using candle to sell fuel. It's definitely going to explode and kill you one day.

You two would be monitoring each other's withdrawal unnecessarily. Imagine you have 600k in the account and about 450k belongs to you, then you receive a debit alert of 400k done by your wife, when you question her she tells you she wants to use it for a business, what would you do? Money that you were even planing to make use of as well.

Run your separate account and allow her run hers period. So you can have peace of mind.

Don't start what you can't finish.
i thought the two parties must sign before money can be withdrawn from the account? grin
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by Nazgul: 9:45am On Dec 01, 2020
fait10:
i thought the two parties must sign before money can be withdrawn from the account? grin
Not when they both have access to the ATM card along with the pin.
Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by fait10(m): 9:48am On Dec 01, 2020
Nazgul:

Not when they both have access to the ATM card along with the pin.
angry angry angry Thank you bro. I have learnt.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For Couples To Have a Joint Account? by paulolee(m): 10:15am On Dec 01, 2020
yes BT better if each also av dier own private account in case of wahala

(1) (Reply)

Paying Bride Price To Non Virgin Is Like Paying For What Other Men Do Free / 10 Ways To Make Your Man Happy / Love With Evil Spirits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.